A completely normal meeting (Closed IC, Nightwarden)

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jason_ford
No Caption Provided

Jason looked at the building before him. He wore underneath his regular clothes his discord armory. But in appearance his clothing consisted of a brown leather winter coat, a red shirt, thick pants, and combat boots, with simple leather gloves over his hands, and a baseball cap.

He was not far outside Chase Chateu, and got off his motorcycle as he approached, putting down the kickstand and looking for the typical communication system that most rich people like this had on their gates, although perhaps a rather hyped up version.

He had no intention of attacking Jacob Chase, not at this time anyway. Rather, he was here to gauge what had happened with the man since their lastfewmeetings. He had already gone over the Chateu's general planning, probable security, and overall defenses many times. As well as Jacobs. He was about to head into the equivalent of a fortress after-all. There was a fortunate thing however, being that Jason's face had never been traced or even suspected of any criminal acts whatsoever. In fact, only recently could his face even possibly have been seen on camera. And even then only a few times around Chicago.

He attempted to ring up the device, "I'm here to see Mr. Chase, I've met him before but at the time I wasn't exactly giving out my identity. Which I won't be saying out loud to anyone but him at this time." Jason said simply. His voice patterns were far from what they were when he was acting as Red Mask, that was intentional. Red Mask often had either a formal, or cooly sarcastic tone, while presently his voice was more day to day.

@nightwarden17

OOC:

Closed rp between myself and nightwarden.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NightWarden17

@jason_ford: Jason was buzzed in, and Jacob greeted him graciously,"Thank you for coming.

Much has changed since we last encountered one another.

I joined Project Unity, took a trip through the Multiverse, adopted Marie Taylor as my daughter, found out the Icefire Outlaw was my biological daughter, was married at one point before continuing my search for love, I passed my mantle on to a younger, fresher apprentice, and I've taken a more heroic outlook on life, though it is evident I have little time left.

That is only one of the reasons I wished to speak with you, I realize with age I'm slowing down, and my legend cannot be allowed to die.

Aside from trying to cement more of an alliance or bond between us, I need you to turn me into the ultimate human being, a super soldier youthful, swift, and spry, by whatever scientific or genetic means necessary, turn me into the perfect person and warrior.

I know this goes beyond the bounds of science, but as much as I've conquered today's threats, I need all the edges one can muster.

I know you've dabbled in human evolution, take a chance on me.

Similarly, can you create the perfect super soldier soulmate for me?

I'm tried of all the women or loved ones in my life eventually dying, I've faced too much loss, too much!"

Jacob knew that these actions were wrong on many levels, but as much as he tried to suppress it, there was a darkness inside him that refused to give way, and it hungered for power, wealth, and someone to fill the void in his heart, despite all those he had, part of him still felt isolated, trapped.

His mental illness from war roared in his head, and he thought he could control it, but he thought wrong.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

Jason listened with a furrowed brow, this was not in his list of expectations. Not from this guy. He hadn't kept enough tabs on him apparently, then again it was quite some time back that they had been in conversation of any sort. He narrowed his eyes at Jacob, "You realize what I've done don't you? Are you willing to take a step away from what most people consider heroes? I'm a pure evolutionist, so you know I'll only be using you as another means to an end. As I do with everyone. For the betterment of the world ultimately, but if the people of today were to find out it was me you cooperated with..." He said in a calm and collected tone leaving the rest for Jacob to understand, no need to throw out lies about this.

With a nod he looked to the side, "Yes, I dabble with evolution, trying hard to force it. But I can only go so far with the people of today. You have two choices, take a leap forwards, or become immortal enough to adapt and evolve over time. The blue bloods, you remember them? Superhuman in every manner, and almost unkillable. I can send you further then that in a leap. But you might not be able to go further without help. Or...I can make you constantly evolve, so that even though you won't be as powerful straight off the bat, you'll get there eventually.

"As for a...soulmate. I don't know. I...know someone, but she's broken up here." Jason pointed to his head, "And unlike me, she needs people. She's faced pain as well, in fact, because of the same man that gave me pain. But she's very gifted, intellectually in a way I could never recreate, and physically in a rather interesting way. I could get her to come here perhaps...there is one other option. An undead...that may seem odd for someone who works on evolution, but she has the right potential."

He leaned forwards, "But I need something back of course. Supplies, assurances, perhaps a public identity if need be, and your word that you'll keep the secrets I tell you. I could get most of those myself, but they'd be expending a wealth I don't feel like expending."

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NightWarden17

Jacob nodded, "You'll have everything you could possibly desire for this task and my sworn secrecy, no one will have any idea we're conducting this.

As far as anyone will know, you'll just be another scientist at my company, under the radar.

Send me as far as I could possibly go.

Bring your "broken" friend over, I'm sure we'll have much in common, we both have PTSD and are physically and mentally cultured, after all.

Now we just have to go to work, I have a black lab, many actually, but one that's off the books we can use."

Jacob waited to meet his potential paramour, and for the next state of his evolution.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason leaned to one side and looked towards the darkest corner of the room, "Shadow, I think you should come see." He said simply.

No Caption Provided

The woman seemed to reach out of it like she was merely stepped out from behind a curtain, which dropped behind her as she stepped forwards a cocked head at both of them. She'd missed most of the conversation, simply watching for Jason to see if he'd needed help of some kind.

A smile, and dramatic bow accompanied her approach, before returning to a skeptical look. She had run over the room, and both men, a thousand times in an instant, the situation was to her now about 40% clear with almost no information to go off of outside of what she was looking at.

"Lindsey, that's Jacob Chase." Jason said shrugging and leaning against a wall, "You're Lindsey now right?" He asked to be sure.

She nodded to him frowning at the memory, she could see the spirits crawling across the walls, staring out of every crevice and corner, behind every wall and picture, but no one else could see them. They were her terrors after-all, haunting her but no one else.

"Lindsey Turner, Pleasure to meet you." She said simply. Unlike Jason who wore regular clothing, Lindsey's consisted of almost medieval design. They were easy to move in, and easy to hide anything in, as well as had a few layers which were hardly armor but could catch a blade by simply twisting by mere amount of surface area and friction.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NightWarden17

@jason_ford: Jacob returned her greeting,"It's a pleasure to meet you as well.

Your colleague mentioned your trauma, and I can relate nearly perfectly.

You're not alone, I can commiserate with you.

For so long, I've been searching for someone who shares my pain, and I look forward to forming a deeper connection with you.

May I ask, how strong and fast are you exactly?

I hear you're enhanced, like I'll soon be."

Jacob placed his phone back in his pocket after a few moments speaking on it,"Jason, your arrangements are set, l'm ready to be transformed."

After his compatriots said their piece, they and Jacob were driven to the black site at the crack of dawn, and so it began.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

(OOC: Jason never mentioned his name. You'll have to edit that part out.)

"Ehe." Lindsey cocked her head to the side at him. She could tell from here his pain was going to be a lot different from hers, nevertheless, it was a pain. And while she knew Jason felt a pain neither of them could hope to comprehend, he also could care less if either of them died, at least that's how it appeared. Jacob on the other hand, probably had at least some compassion and sympathy left.

"Well," Lindsey looked at Jason who shrugged, "Fast as light if I don't feel like actually touching anything. Presuming I'm not teleporting. Otherwise simply superhumanly fast."

Jason nodded as they set off, he was running over the science behind it in his head, but once they got there he would continue working the scenarios mostly using the computers more so for research then the actual computing needed. Even though Lindsey could think faster then him technically, she hadn't studied all the same science as Jason had, as in depth, and as comprehending as he had done, or with as much inventiveness as he could.

"For the sake of conversation, you know that was Red Mask. He goes by Discord now. So why would you be willing to work with him? I did it because we had similar goals, and because it was the same man that made us how we are." Lindsey asked Jacob.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NightWarden17

@jason_ford: "As much as his goals are questionable, I believe in building alliances and I would like to have Jason and yourself as allies. You're both effective, ruthless, and do what needs to be done.

With you, Lindsay, I hope to find a love that isn't fleeting and can last literally forever, a passion that is as unyielding as the people who wield it.

Tell me, what are your interests?

I'm sure we'll find commonalities."

Once their small talk had ended, Jacob waited for the procedure to commence when they arrived.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

As Lindsey tried to consider what exactly her interests were she found herself kind of in a bit of a hole. She didn't really put much effort into it, outside of simply feeling a need to help the world along. Although she did admit that there were a few things she still enjoyed, bizarre foods, learning about space and geology, and being theatrical among them.

Jason stopped bothering to wear the mask of a face he had worn awhile ago. HIs face become a dull effortless continuation as he worked, only pausing a few times to focus on how it would all be thrown together. After a half an hour he'd input enough information that all that was left was to actually begin putting it together, "I'll need the materials on this list, and a bit extra just in case. If you want to be put under or have some sort of pain relief start making sure you have it, we can proceed in about an hour and a half to two hours after I've gotten all that I need. If you don't take the pain relief, I can promise it will be physically painful and may cause trauma, as I'll be needing to connect an entirely new organ to your brain, and altering your brain and body enough to actually use it."

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NightWarden17

@jason_ford: Jacob talked to the technicians about the lab, then turned to Lindsay and her associate.

"My people will make sure everything is prepped for the surgery, you needn't worry about that.

In terms of pain relief, that will be used, for all my advanced willpower, this pain will be unlike any I've experienced."

Time passed, and soon, the operation was at hand.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jason_ford

@nightwarden17:

Lindsey stepped aside as Jason made sure all was in place, most of the time spent was putting together the needed equipment for it to work with Jacobs brain as it was a far more delicate process, while he grew the organ itself artificially. Jacob would be required to lay face-first before they put in whatever pain relief was given, and thus began the surgery. Lindsey was only needed to be around in case something went wrong, but Jason's swift and careful movements, along with the equipment he was given, would allow him to go through the operation perfectly. Admittedly, if Jacob were to be completely human afterwards, there would be a rather large scar on his back, and going all the way up to some of his skull. But he wouldn't be.

The surgery itself, despite Jasons knowledge and equipment, would take over four hours to preform. Everything needed to be right or he could cause all sorts of issues. Jason considered altering Jacobs brain to instinctively become a hard core evolutionist, but decided against it. Even if he didn't think it morally wrong, it was risking the chance it would become too obvious, and he didn't want that. Once the operation would be over, there would be awhile of required stillness so the wounds could be sewn and properly healed.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jason_ford: Jacob groaned when he awoke, and everything seemed normal, at least until he realized what happened, and where he was.

Jacob got up gingerly and walked to a mirror, where he asked,"What am I now? What am I truly capable of?"

His body had changed, as peak human as he was before, he was even more finely built.

He seemed younger, less feeble.

"The question remains, what now?

What secrets will you divulge?"

Jacob listened to what Discord had to say.

Jason_ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17:

"You'll get better as time goes on, and as the Omega Evolve organ becomes more incorporated into your body. As for me, you'll be an experiment for now. Don't damage the organ, and you'll be able to continuously get more powerful as each situation comes about. Although even if it does become damaged it'll heal, as will you, but it may lose adaptations unless you've incorporated them into your body completely." Jason said simply, "I want to see what you'll do, for most purposes, the world sees me as an anarchist. Hence why I changed from being Red Mask to Discord. I intend on pushing evolution forward by causing chaos. You can do pretty much as you like, but if you want to help humanity completely, they need long term help. Not these temporary things. But I really don't care. What you do is up to you. You supply me with a false name and job and I can use it to further my own ends. We can talk later about the requirements for that."

He glanced over at Lindsey, "Suppose you should stay with him. Not like you can't find me at any time as long as you keep track." He leapt to his feet and waved at the two of them, "I just want to add one thing Jacob." He turned towards him and cocked his head, "Don't betray me. I've given you something I know every detail about. I know how to kill things if the need arises, or...neutralize them. Whereas you, or even Lindsey for that matter, have absolutely no chance of killing me. Even if I wanted you to. Just to make sure we got that cleared up."

He turned and began to head out, "See you later."