A Campaign of Clarity: A Message From A Candidate For Office

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NightWarden17

Since departing with his company and vigilante persona, leaving the corporate avenue in the hands of Jessie James and his vigilantism in the much brighter and youthful hands of Aaron Kenway, Jacob was reinvigorated, renewed, and he hoped to restore Chicago to its former glory as well.

With Jacob's newly clean slate, which included everything from stepping out of the shadow of his mantle to his record of service in war to even his sobering up after he kicked his habit of using enhancers during crime fighting, he cut a clear path to his position, if he was elected, that is.

His voice rang out, resounding and resonant, playing across screens far and wide.

"This city, this world, is in need of clarity.

Not simply the independent, isolated ideology that comes with a costume and a codename, but clarity in the grandest scope possible, unity among people, the willingness and the conscious effort to band with those around us to serve the greatest change.

We have turned to caped crusaders to save us, when we as a country, despite our flaws, have the spark, the innate capacity to lift ourselves up, and though our path has faltered, we have the righteous footfalls of inventors, creators, teachers, preachers, and believers paving the grounds of innovation every day.

Our children, the very seed of the spark we bear, are the prime exemplars of the Promethean fire we carry, transposing our brilliance across time eternal, now and for generations hence.

As your mayor, I would solemnly pledge to enact legislation that serves every walk of life for years to come.

If you feel trepidation about the scope of burdens our citizens have endured, fear not, because I stand beside you in the running for this sacred position not as a man in a mask, but with my face and soul unconcealed, the acts of my tenure will be on full display for all to see.

As a people, we are too complacent to be trapped in our own agendas, howling at the wind and shaking our fists to no avail, refusing to listen to anyone's ideas but our own.

Earnestly, what one can learn is that deliberate action tempered with judicial reason and a firm hand is needed, as well as the cosilience of one's self, one's community, and the laws of our shining states.

In an effort to curb the crime and costumed issues plaguing our streets, I propose to pass the Syndication Disbandment and Vigilante Predicated Deputation Act.

All costumed or vigilante based citizens must come forward and be vetted and publicly approved to operate in Chicago, if they are, then they will be closely monitored by this city and our partners in the government, and will have to go public with their identity, while those they are close to will be protected from harm.

Any crime fighter must be deputized as an officer of the Chicago Police Department or other related Chicago office and have to report directly to me on all their ops, or risk being arrested or stripped of their identity if they don't comply, further disciplinary actions will follow if an operative gets too out of hand.

If any operative wishes to have a plan that better aligns with their work style as long as it is within ethical confines, they would come see me, and we could work out a specialized schedule.

Supervilliany, municipal and civil malfeasance and the mob would be henceforth outlawed effective immediately, and would be cracked down harder upon than any citywide crime busting operation has in the past.

On the condition that they are cleared to participate, reformed villains and mobsters might also apply for the operative program, but they would be on a tight leash.

Infrastructure would be rebuilt, the economy would flow, and this city would have a greater level of clarity than ever before if I'm elected!

No matter what may come our way, the path will remain clear, for like the clarity of a iridescent lens, we would all contribute vibrancy to this city, let our light shine through and let our rays of virtue reach to our collaborators so that a better horizon may burst across our skies.

Thank you all, God bless this city, and may peace and prosperity reign.

No Caption Provided

Supra-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did I miss the voting thread for this?

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NightWarden17

@supra-man: The COEs ok'd this, there was no voting thread.

Craftsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supra-man: The COEs ok'd this, there was no voting thread.

How come? COE vetoed their own procedure? lmao

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_last_archer
The_Last_Archer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Last_Archer
NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_archer: Maybe if I'm elected into office.

I'm editing my blog to be more in line with CV rules.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I edited, so it should fly with the COE.

B1ack0ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like your campaign, chief. Though no decent vigilante would step forward to make their names and family information public, police protection or not.

dusk_zephyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds interesting. Kind of like Civil War.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orange won’t like this one either lol. The government interfereing in my activities will only hold him back as far as he’s concerned and considering that him and Chase haven’t had a talk to really get rid of those differences or really try.

Great blog although orange hates you for interfering and thinks your losing your grip.

NightWarden17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NightWarden17
Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I need to post into the riot today lol and get something up for my Nemo rp.

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water: Even if it passes, it only effects Chicago. So, just make sure Landon stays clear of that city and your good to go. ~_^

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonxxx: I could do that but what’s to say if other cities don’t pass the same laws hell maybe harsher laws than that. Up to now it’s been rhetoric about those damn vigilantes but now it’s starting to actually do something. The story Warden is starting has more consequences than a single city in my opinion because Orange has actually been paranoid about anti-vigilante stuff for awhile.

Nightreaver_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome. Perfect.

I hope all this leads to some big changes.

Nightreaver_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nightreaver_
@orange_water said:

@paragonxxx: I could do that but what’s to say if other cities don’t pass the same laws hell maybe harsher laws than that. Up to now it’s been rhetoric about those damn vigilantes but now it’s starting to actually do something. The story Warden is starting has more consequences than a single city in my opinion because Orange has actually been paranoid about anti-vigilante stuff for awhile.

Be an outlaw, then. Nobody says you have to follow the rules. Be kinda cool to see heroes fight heroes because they're not exactly on the same side of the law yet fight for the same reasons, having the same or similar morality.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightreaver_: reaver it’s been awhile welcome back but yeah I sgree I think there’s been some buildup for awhile leading towards this kind of confrontation.

Nightreaver_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orange_water: Yeah. That and I really want a civil war, or at least, heroes hunting heroes.

I feel that could lead to some great character developments and interactions. Allow us writers to give a deeper perspective into our characters' thought processes and what they truly stand for. What must be going through their heads as they carry out justice, whether in the system or not.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwarden17: @nightreaver_: lol I can just imagine Warden sitting at his desk and head in his hands saying,” I didn’t want this to happen...”

I agree a civil war storyline would be interesting to have it would cause characters to make decisions they wouldn’t normally make. And the people hunting or running from their former friends. Hell I can imagine what kind of emotion Gaige would be going through if she has to hunt her friends. It would be glorious and some great stories would be told.

Nightreaver_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nightreaver_

@orange_water: Glorious? Didn't expect a civil war to be described as glorious but whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, I feel like a civil war would change the boundaries for most heroes and the public would have a field day if this kind of infighting went down.

All I'm going to do is wait and see. Maybe this all can be avoided.

Orange_Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers