How can Roy Haper be Improve in the New 52?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8
deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Roy needs to be improve in the New 52 let's help improve him ideas?

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@boss1500:

He could start by cutting his long hair and get rid of that appalling cap. He should look like Colton Haynes instead.

Avatar image for animalgirlmaxine
AnimalGirlMaxine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AnimalGirlMaxine

First, get a writer who does not write him as an irresponsible dude-bro. Jeff Lemire is on the right track by having Roy involved with Ollie's plot against Cadmus in Futures End. It shows that at some point during the five year skip he was willing to set aside his old grudges in order to help save the captured Earth-2 heroes.

Second, it might be asking too much from the editors, but let Lian be born back into the continuity. One of the most interesting things about Roy in the old continuity was that he was a single father and a superhero. Yes, Batman was too, but Roy wasn't rich or a genius, though still intelligent. He was, by all means, an average guy who balanced his two worlds fairly well. Cry For Justice and Rise of Arsenal just derailed his character for the sake of making him into just another angsty antihero that nobody but the editors asked for.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like Roy's new grungy look. I don't like him being a genius and I also think he should ditch this 52 version of Red Hood and Starfire.

Avatar image for animalgirlmaxine
AnimalGirlMaxine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my previous post, I've made a mistake in saying that Roy Harper was helping Oliver Queen in "Futures End" when it was actually Red Arrow of Earth-2. However, I still stand by my two points.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@boss1500: I think that the Outlaws should disband with Jason doing his own thing, Starfire joining Justice League United and Roy Harper joining the Green Arrow book. Really the only character that gets any sort of development in RHATO is Jason, while Roy and Kori are rather underdeveloped.

One of the roles I can see Roy playing in a GA book is that he becomes part of the Outsiders in the Arrow clan. As his character grows, he reconciles with Oliver and eventually assumes a leadership position and ends up taking a member from each clan and forming his own group (call it...the Outsiders). Maybe DC could give that group a shot with their own book.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have various ideas:

• Get rid of the fact he's treated as a sidekick in RHATO. His current world revolves around too much on Jason Todd for some reason. The team books needs to be treated as a team book, even If Red Hood is part of the title.
  • Have him appear more in Green Arrow's books. He's his former protege. He should drop in every once in a while and RHATO would be his time out of the book to make something of himself other then Green Arrow-lite.
  • Stop writing him to be some random butt genius with no explanation. It makes it seem like he is too convenient and reduces him to be just that in the stories. Do it to make him look cool.
  • Give him something to smile about that's not Starfire. "That's my girl" sums up his relationship with Starfire.
  • Stop dragging him in the mud along with Starfire. They both been through enough.
  • Get someone who actually knows this character to write him.
  • Let him meet other people, dang. When he was buds with the Titans, he got to meet many people and be a leader, even If he wasn't perfect!
  • Give him Lian Harper. That stuff was tearjerking material and gold.
  • CheshirexArsenal For liyfe.
Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, the first incarnation of Roy Harper I've ever been able to take seriously was his Young Justice incarnation. He could be a jerk at times but took his work seriously & cared about his friends & loved ones (I like it better when Grayson has the sense of humor & Harper is the grim one, but within reason of course, no psycho anti-hero crap lol). Ironically, if Harper acted more like his YJ self, I MIGHT be able to take him & Kory seriously as a pairing, rather than being annoyed by it XD (I still prefer Kory & Grayson as a couple of course, or maybe Starfire/Cyborg for something new lol). Oh, & bring Lian back, seriously DC, Harper being a dad was one of the things that made him unique in the DC universe.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Let Jeff Lemire write Roy Harper solo series. That Red Arrow from Futures End should be the Roy Harper of main continuity

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Have Lobdell stop writing for him. Today's issue of Red Hood showed that Roy has absolutely NO reason to hate Ollie.