• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

Since no one at comicvine has used this forum in over a year I figured we could just use this thread as a placed to talk about anything that comes to mind. We could do the same thing in the off topic forum but this thread would just get buried in like an hour. So feel free to talk whenever.

#2 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea. ;)

#5 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4911 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically a chat thread that will almost always be there? Cool.

#6 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah

#7 Posted by Raiiyn (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Cool idea. ;)

So basically a chat thread that will almost always be there? Cool.

this is awesome ^.^

#8 Edited by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes me feel tingly, like a secret fort in the woods where your parents can't find you.

#9 Edited by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#10 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Wish Rav was here. I never really talked to him much when he was on the site but he seemed cool.

#11 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl: Wish Rav was here. I never really talked to him much when he was on the site but he seemed cool.

Tumblr ate him.

#12 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio
@joygirl said:

@dngn4774 said:

Tumblr ate him.

What do you mean?

#13 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:
@joygirl said:

@dngn4774 said:

Tumblr ate him.

What do you mean?

He started using that site incrementally more often, found a community, then starting using Tumblr exclusively.

#14 Posted by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a really good idea.

#15 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well. Are you gonna see Days of Future Past?

#16 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: I plan to, but am staying reserved about how good it will be. Seems like it's using too many characters to give any of them besides Wolverine any focus.

#17 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecannon: Thanks! Any thoughts you feel like sharing? None of this is fun if me and Joy are the only ones talking.

#18 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Kind of wish they got Rebeca Romijn involved, but I still have high hopes.

#19 Edited by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: That'd be pretty cool, but it seems doubtful.

Someone should really let me write superhero movies. I'd do such cool stuff.

Edit: Also I'd make sure SIDF26 hates all of them.

#20 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Still holding that grudge huh. You can't make everyone see reason and tbh it wouldn't take a lot to make him hate your superhero movie. Anyone who believes M Knight Shayamalan is the greatest director is cinematically bonkers.

#21 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl: Still holding that grudge huh. You can't make everyone see reason and tbh it wouldn't take a lot to make him hate your superhero movie. Anyone who believes M. Night Shyamalan is the greatest director is cinematically bonkers.

I don't give up grudges unless given a reason to. :3 Ever. I still hate lifeofvibe and he's not even here anymore.

#22 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: LMAO!!! I was talking to lifeofvibe on the Jason Todd forum the other day. I seem to know every user you hate. What did he do to piss you off? Jason Harley shipping (btw Spidey loves that idea).

#23 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Oh lots of stuff. He's just a nuisance in general. I know he does have some really awful ships but he also does other stuff (honestly it's been too long for me to remember what he did to piss me off, I just remember he did).

#24 Edited by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a lot to talk about right now.

Has anyone ever played Saints row 4? I've been playing it lately and find it insanely fun.

#25 Edited by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirlThe funny thing was he only really started being active on the Red Hood forum immediately after I stopped being active there. I'm hoping to start buying new RHATO issues again but I'm currently strapped for cash. You reading anything currently?

#26 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecannon: I bought it but it's only really taken up shelf space. I bought GTA V around the same time and lost interest. Is it true that Johnny Gat comes back?

#27 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: I'm not actually, which is kinda funny considering how much time I spend on a comic site. Demon Knights' cancellation crushed me, Batwoman getting cockblocked really peeved me, then the travesty of the new HQ solo was the icing on the cake. Since I can't get into Marvel and don't really feel like seeking out an indie title, I just kinda haven't been reading.

#28 Edited by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: You don't like the new Harley book? I thought it was handled by one of your creative dream teams.

#29 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

@joygirl: You don't like the new Harley book? I thought it was handled by one of your creative dream teams.

It is, and I was really excited for it. Read the first three issues and then proceeded to bash my head against the pavement for the next several days straight.

#30 Posted by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

@thecannon: I bought it but it's only really taken up shelf space. I bought GTA V around the same time and lost interest. Is it true that Johnny Gat comes back?

I don't know who Johnny Gat is (I'm playing SR4 first). I heard him mentioned in conversation, but I don't think I've seen him in person yet.

#31 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Well damn, I'd like to say I feel your pain but right now, it isn't so bad being a Red Hood fan.

#32 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Happy for you. :) But it's a real bummer. Injustice is the only reprieve from my pain.

#33 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

Why haven't the just deleted this forum in general if it isn't in use?

#34 Edited by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Because you touch yourself.

#35 Posted by judasnixon (12662 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#36 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Because you touch yourself.

Fair enough.

#37 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#38 Edited by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

I don't know who Johnny Gat is (I'm playing SR4 first). I heard him mentioned in conversation, but I don't think I've seen him in person yet.

The guy is a hysterical over the top character who used to be the right hand man of the Saint's leader.

@joygirl said:

@dngn4774: Happy for you. :) But it's a real bummer. Injustice is the only reprieve from my pain.

You should probably try to test the waters a bit. Honestly Bruce and Jason are the only batfamily members worth reading at the moment. If you are a John Stewart fan I would recommend Green Lantern Corps because its currently the best GL book since Johns has left. Strong plot and interesting characters. I'd also recommend Superman Unchained but I doubt your into many characters outside of Gotham. If you need a fix try reading Batman 66. It really shows that Batman stories don't always have to be dark and ominous to be enjoyable. Of course if you like dark and ominous try Batman the Dark Knight (from when Greg Hurwitz took over). He's an awesome writer and imho vastly underrated when compared to the other batbooks. It got cancelled two months ago but it was still an amazing book.

So anyway my top two picks for you would be GLC from issues (21- now) and Batman TDK (21-29).

#39 Posted by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:
@thecannon said:

@dngn4774 said:

The guy is a hysterical over the top character who used to be the right hand man of the Saint's leader.

I hope I see him in the game then.

I plan on picking up SR 2 & 3 when I'm done, so I'll probably see him in those.

#40 Posted by dngn4774 (5544 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: I like characters outside of Gotham! But they're either ruined or gone or both at the moment. I considered dipping my toe into Forevil, is that any good?

#43 Posted by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Can't watch it right now, but I'll watch the video later.

#44 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

If its just a chat thread I've got plenty of topics, finally broke down and read Superior Spider-Man. After getting to the end it wasn't as bad as I thought but Otto was pretty s**ty at being Spider-Man, sure it started out ok but damn did s**t fall apart quick.

David Goyer turned out to be just as big a c**t as he always seemed.

And I'm a little annoyed that I gotta give up my Guardians of the Galaxy opening night to spend it with my brother in laws on a boat, should be fun as they talk among themselves while I sit in awkward silence until I get back home.

#45 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

David Goyer turned out to be just as big a c**t as he always seemed.

I was really disappointed in his handling of that situation. Gotta love the portrayal of women as prizes. I keep forgetting that this is like 4000 BC. -_o

#46 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: To be fair did we really expect anything better from the dude who brought us Blade Trinity? I mean I know I'll treasure seeing Blade high as f**k throughout the movie but outside of that nothing good came from that movie. Tho that cinematic gem stone was brought to us by Wesley Snipes dealer, not Goyer.

#47 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see a Faora in Hell spin-off than BvS.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#48 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17891 posts) - - Show Bio

I have arrived. Y'all can't start worshipping me now.

#49 Posted by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: I watched the video and Johnny Gat is really cool. I hope he turns up in SR4 now.

#50 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

I have arrived. Y'all can't start worshiping me now.

We can't? Darn. And to think I was getting ready to. But if I can't....