A Grand Theft Auto style Punisher game?

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bringdeath

With the recent abomination that was punisher no mercy,the last great punisher game in 05,I think a reboot is called for.

So how bout a Grand Theft Auto style punisher game, kind of the sandbox style the scarface game was in 05 how you go around the city on foot hunting baddies for side missions .blowing up mob compounds of course the story would be drivin by the max stories but some mainstream verse even out speeding cops in a muscle car,tell me what you think and if you guys have any cool ideas!

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@bringdeath: A GTA style game probably would work very well. A lot of it would depend on the underlying story that ties all the missions together, of course. Have you ever played Dead To Rights or Dead To Rights: Retribution? Both of those games have a Punisher vibe to them and they can be pretty fun at times.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By cody1984
@bringdeath

Being honest when playing fallout 3 or Grand theft auto I always thought the sandbox style game would work for the Punisher so I absolutely agree with you.  A player could just be exploring the city and have a random encounter that you didn't have playing the game before.  You could have different types of optional side missions and main story that would be what drives the game.  I'd prefer a mixture of enemies in 616 and MAX personally and the game to be rated Mature which it should be anyway.  The reason why I would prefer both is because I could kill a sicko like Rawlins and have a bad ass fight with Barracuda and then go gun down Norman Osborn and the Hood.  Not to mention tracking down Daken and cutting his F****** head off with a chainsaw would be awesome.       
Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

be hard because you cant harm innocentss...
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cody1984
@TheCheeseStabber said:

Actually they should allow it.  I could see having different things happening the more innocent people you kill. First time Daredevil shows up to try and take you to jail.  You can go with him to jail and try to escape, you can try to escape daredevil by outrunning him knocking him out, or you could just kill him.  As you kill more innocents more powerful superheroes show up until someone like Thor or the silver surfer just show up and waste you or capture instantly.  That would make sense if the game was to be based off the regular marvel universe.    
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
@cody1984: i see what you mean but the Punishers whole thing is saving innocents
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cody1984
@TheCheeseStabber said:
@cody1984: i see what you mean but the Punishers whole thing is saving innocents
True but considering this would be a video game I could see people doing this for the amusement factor.  Same goes for GTA when people just start gunning down cops or fallout 3 when people go on rampages and kill everyone.  Players like to do this because it can be amusing.  
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
@cody1984: i like Fallout New Vegas ....
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cody1984
@TheCheeseStabber: Haven't played that one yet just fallout 3.  
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
@cody1984: its a lot better but confusing with Karma theres like 30 factions an everything you do effects each one an most are at war so you help one guy you might anger others an obviusley theres a but load of Radscorpions
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cody1984
@TheCheeseStabber said:
@cody1984: its a lot better but confusing with Karma theres like 30 factions an everything you do effects each one an most are at war so you help one guy you might anger others an obviusley theres a but load of Radscorpions
Sounds to me like they went more back to the originals with how factions work.  I heard V.A.T.S. was a lot better in New Vegas though.  

Something like V.A.T.S. would kick ass in a Punisher game for specialized kills and taking out multiple targets. 

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bringdeath
@TheCheeseStabber said:

Well thats why I brought up the scarface game because in that game you could only kill criminals and cops(granted in a punisher game you wouldnt kill cops lol) but its just the idea of roaming new york in his trench coat on foot or maybe even have some badass chases in the punisher van.
bjmorga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By bjmorga

V.A.T.> is actually worse in New Vegas than it was in Fallout 3. MUCH, much worse. I enjoy Fallout New Vegas, but it is buggy mess.

As for a Punisher sandbox game... it could. They could do a Punisher vs. the Marvel Universe type adaptation. It would be hella-zany. 

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bringdeath
@cody1984
I love that like the badass chase scene when the sentry is chasing frank,or having osborn actually be killed,it would also be cool if they had choice moments like maybe in his flashbacks in vietnam,have it to where the choices you make in franks past can shape how he will be the punisher...God!! I want this game so bad!!
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
@cody1984: they kinda were mainly if you had a high enough skill you could have a special attk
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cody1984
@bringdeath said:
@cody1984: I love that like the badass chase scene when the sentry is chasing frank,or having osborn actually be killed,it would also be cool if they had choice moments like maybe in his flashbacks in vietnam,have it to where the choices you make in franks past can shape how he will be the punisher...God!! I want this game so bad!!
Yeah fighting in Valley Forge would kick ass.  Most people probably wouldn't think of a sandbox ARPG for a Punisher game but it would be a lot better than a first person shooter punisher game.   
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cody1984
@TheCheeseStabber said:
@cody1984: they kinda were mainly if you had a high enough skill you could have a special attk
True.
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
@cody1984: i was to lazy to get that ability
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cody1984
@bjmorga said:
V.A.T.> is actually worse in New Vegas than it was in Fallout 3. MUCH, much worse. I enjoy Fallout New Vegas, but it is buggy mess.As for a Punisher sandbox game... it could. They could do a Punisher vs. the Marvel Universe type adaptation. It would be hella-zany. 

I could see that as downloadable content.  
bjmorga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By bjmorga

The more I think about it, the more I just can't see some video game executive looking at Punisher and not going with your standard first person shooter. It's just an easy out.. I think a sandbox game would be such a gamble on Punisher for any studio.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By fesak  Moderator

A sandbox-style game would work for pretty much any comic character.

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bringdeath
@bjmorga said:
The more I think about it, the more I just can't see some video game executive looking at Punisher and not going with your standard first person shooter. It's just an easy out.. I think a sandbox game would be such a gamble on Punisher for any studio.

the 2005 version for the ps2 was third person and it did very well,it would just have to have the right story tellers,developers and publicity it would be a leap of faith,but it could turn out to be a good one at that,but hey its just pipe dream of mine ya know.
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Nova`Prime`

The perfect base for any Punisher game would be either Mercenary games. You can have Micro setting up missions and making weapons available. Could you imagine using a laser guided missile on someone like StillMan or Rhino?

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bringdeath

@Nova`Prime`:  A laser guided missile,make new york your very on warzone.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

@bringdeath
Y'know, I think you're on to something here.

This would be a great idea.

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bringdeath
@PowerHerc
Thanks man,it was just something that I thought everyone could talk about rather than it just circuling around in my head,it would be loads of fun. but I guess it would be to risky for game studios to make but man if I had the funds to,it would be at the top of my list then I'd probably get sued by marvel lol

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cody1984
@bringdeath said:
@PowerHerc: Thanks man,it was just something that I thought everyone could talk about rather than it just circuling around in my head,it would be loads of fun. but I guess it would be to risky for game studios to make but man if I had the funds to,it would be at the top of my list then I'd probably get sued by marvel lol 

Bethesda or Rockstar could and would do it if the right incentives were offered.  
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Feliciano2040
@bjmorga said:

Really ? I would think otherwise, where I come from Punisher is what we'd call a shot on the floor, it's always going to be a hit, maybe not massive, but there will always, always be people interested.

The great thing about a sandbox punisher game is that it would grab the attention of both comic book fans and videogamers that don't read comics, both demographics could very well enjoy the game.
bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bringdeath
@Feliciano2040
That is a good point especially with the right publicity it could be a success
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I prefer the linear shooters over an open world. Sandbox game-play always makes me go on shooting sprees on account of my attention span. Then again, if the Punisher can steal a pretty, pink bike from a six-year-old girl then I would definitely buy it.

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bringdeath
@sesquipedalophobe
That brings up another good point why are there no kids in gta games I mean it would make sense to have little susie and mom getting run over by a drunk niko belic right? or am I pushing it
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cody1984
@bringdeath said:
@sesquipedalophobe: That brings up another good point why are there no kids in gta games I mean it would make sense to have little susie and mom getting run over by a drunk niko belic right? or am I pushing it
The game getting rated AO (adults only) is the reason why no kids are in GTA games.  An AO rating means most stores won't sell the game so people tend to not put children in the games.  If they do put children in games they end up making them unkillable like in fallout 3 and the kids come off as complete brats that you end up wanting to waste.  Thank God for killable children mods though.  
bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bringdeath
@cody1984 said:
@bringdeath said:
@sesquipedalophobe: That brings up another good point why are there no kids in gta games I mean it would make sense to have little susie and mom getting run over by a drunk niko belic right? or am I pushing it
The game getting rated AO (adults only) is the reason why no kids are in GTA games.  An AO rating means most stores won't sell the game so people tend to not put children in the games.  If they do put children in games they end up making them unkillable like in fallout 3 and the kids come off as complete brats that you end up wanting to waste.  Thank God for killable children mods though.  

There are killable childern mods? I MUST HAVE!!
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cody1984
@bringdeath said:
@cody1984 said:
@bringdeath said:
There are killable childern mods? I MUST HAVE!!
As long as you have the PC version of the games yes.  
hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His game from 2005 on Xbox was pretty good.