00:00:00
CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CyanidePie

LOL Tony can never read a suggestion or criticism in anything other than that douchebag bro voice.

I wish just one time you could take a suggestion seriously and actually talk about like you were an adult instead of immediately dismissing it with your mocking "I know what's right" tone.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kendigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kendigs

Yayuh, TV and Stuff talk!!!! Woohoo!!

CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@cyanidepie: Good luck, lol. Tony loves doing that to people commenting.

No Caption Provided

Saw this today ^ any chance he wasnt referencing Marvel?

CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, haha yeah unfortunately I've noticed. This podcast has become one of the more off-putting and least receptive to feedback and suggestions/criticism around.

Instead of discussing things like actually adult human beings, they immediately adopt the mocking Internet derp-voice every single time they present a viewpoint that might be different from theirs. It's the classic real-life-nerd-turned-Internet-bully tactic and I'm just not going to be here for it any more.

There are too many great comic book podcasts out there that actually seem interested in discussing comics to bother with this one anymore.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@cyanidepie: Not to be too defensive on CV's behalf but it kinda sounds like you're being coddled by these other podcasts. Granted, I don't listen to every podcast out there but out of everything that I listen to CV is by far the most willing to give their listeners a voice on their shows. I get that the funny voice thing can be hurtful, especially if you feel your being singled out but they definitely give a lot of time and go to a lot of effort to read and discus questions on the show.

What I'm used to are hosts who treat fan questions and feedback as a favour that their doing for the fans. And if your question or comment is misspelled, too long, not on topic, or simply not in line with their own views than forget it. Your question isn't read and you're made fun of straight up. I mean try listing to sports radio and podcasts, it's harsh a lot of the time.

Anyway, you're certainly entitled to your own opinion about the show but personally I think you're being a little over sensitive.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#9 inferiorego  Staff

@cyanidepie: least receptive to criticism? Both Super Massive and the Weekly show have completely changed in the past two years and many of said changes have come suggestions from listeners. We don't have to do anything. We don't owe anyone anything. The podcast is already the thing that exists. However, do we appreciate listeners and listen to the feedback? The vast majority of the time, yep. Actually, we always appreciate listeners even if they don't appreciate us.

You're mad. I get that. That's why you're delving into that realm of insulting us and the show. I get it. However, it's free entertainment. You might not find it entertaining, as I've noticed from your months of posting, but other people do. Not everything is for everyone.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. It's a podcast. It's two, sometimes three, dudes talking into stupid microphones about things for an hour and thrown onto the Internet. It's a digital audio file of people talking. This is the world we live in.

CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: Honestly, what are you talking about?

All I alluded to was the idea that it would be pretty sweet if we could have the adult host of this podcast act like an adult, instead of purposefully trying to sound like an idiot when discussing a suggestion. That automatically destroys all possibility of an intellectual conversation about the subject.

I have no idea why the suggestion to have Super Massive be the podcast for discussing news, movies, and television and having the CV Weekly podcast be for actually discussing the thing that this site is named after couldn't have been an actual adult conversation that didn't originate from the position of being broadcast from Derpville.

I don't know where you were going with the whole sports talk analogy. I'm pretty sure none of us want Comic Vine to be the obnoxious drive-time blowhards of comic book podcasting.

CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CyanidePie

@d9000: Honestly, what are you talking about?

All I alluded to was the idea that it would be pretty sweet if we could have the adult host of this podcast act like an adult, instead of purposefully trying to sound like an idiot when discussing a suggestion. That automatically destroys all possibility of an intellectual conversation about the subject.

I have no idea why the suggestion to have Super Massive be the podcast for discussing news, movies, and television and having the CV Weekly podcast be for actually discussing the thing that this site is named after couldn't have been an adult conversation that didn't originate from the position of being broadcast from Derpville.

I don't know where you were going with the whole sports talk analogy. I'm pretty sure none of us want Comic Vine to be the obnoxious drive-time blowhards of comic book podcasting.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@cyanidepie: You are one of those people who call into radio talk shows and tell the hosts how much you hate them. This is a free podcast for entertainment purposes only. There are no advertisements during the podcasts. Their podcasts are the reasons why I have watched certain shows and bought certain comics. This is a terrific website and their the podcasts are well organized and entertaining. If you do not like it, stop listening and complaining. There is probably other stuff out there on the world wide web that is more to your liking. Haters are just going to hate.

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on guys, stop calling "Lucifer" a comic show. It has absolutely nothing in common with the comic other than the title. One is about a fallen angel striving to start his own universe so he can eventually be the ruler/king he thinks he deserves to be, while dealing with all sorts of demons and the like along the way, while the other is about Lucifer helping the police? *Sigh*

Let's not have that show on here, okay? Not trying to pile on with the complaints or sound ungrateful for all you guys do, honestly, but that show is just not a comic related show.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inferiorego  Staff

@ptsteelers: watch the second episode. It's a whole lot better than the pilot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@inferiorego said:

@cyanidepie: least receptive to criticism? Both Super Massive and the Weekly show have completely changed in the past two years and many of said changes have come suggestions from listeners. We don't have to do anything. We don't owe anyone anything. The podcast is already the thing that exists. However, do we appreciate listeners and listen to the feedback? The vast majority of the time, yep. Actually, we always appreciate listeners even if they don't appreciate us.

You're mad. I get that. That's why you're delving into that realm of insulting us and the show. I get it. However, it's free entertainment. You might not find it entertaining, as I've noticed from your months of posting, but other people do. Not everything is for everyone.

In the end, it doesn't even matter. It's a podcast. It's two, sometimes three, dudes talking into stupid microphones about things for an hour and thrown onto the Internet. It's a digital audio file of people talking. This is the world we live in.

Mat,

You are awesome, thank you for the podcast. Content has really picked up too. Please more comics during Weekly Podcast and please longer podcasts if somehow possible.

Also, way to say a bunch of things that are objectively true for no reason. I liked it.

Anyways, please don't get discouraged by people in comment sections hating (not that you were) because haters only mean you're doing something right. At least you're important enough for people to comment. No one would say anything if I made a podcast, man. The more popular you get, the more bitching you'll get too. :/

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#17  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Lucifer aint that great... but the show is entertaining as hell! I love the lead actor!

~MiB

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inferiorego  Staff

@avatar_of_green: I'm actually totally not discouraged. Just replying to someone with a problem. If I come off as discouraged it's because I'm spending my whole weekend painting, minus the Super bowl.

I've been podcasting for 16 years now. It's impossible to make everyone happy but at least this show hasn't gotten me any death threats! (Totally got one for an old episode of my show Vs The Net for calling Otherkin folk insane)

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Was pleasantly surprised at how well Canary's fight scenes were handled this week. She's made out to be a formidable badass, as she should be. Whereas on Arrow the fights can be wildly inconsistent and sometimes skilled warriors turn into total chumps lol.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By d9000

I gotta say I'll take Dr. Pepper over coke everytime. I don't know about anyone else.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyanidepie: lol you need to stop aggravating yourself, and find a new podcast.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: haha you called them insane, and they confirmed it for you.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im really loving Arrow more and more each episode.Make me wonder alot who we will lose this season.Also I did not dig Supergirl at first but it is gaining momentum with me, and really cant hate it if my gf loves it so much.Not sure why people are upset over the podcast, its their show and have a personality....I guess someone got their feelings hurt, but no need for people to get upset.