• 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
kingofwhales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Groovy! Thanks for another great podcast. :-)

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wooo!!! Legends of Tomorrow!!!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I was literally thinking "where are the show notes and spoiler section time codes" and then I remembered, it's SUPERMASSIVE!!!

NatX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NatX

Legends of Tomorrow beat all of my expectations and left me and my friends wanting more! I was a little worried if an hour long show could juggle such a cast so awesomely massive but the show delivered the goods plus some!

NatX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NatX

Legends of Tomorrow beat all of my expectations and left me and my friends wanting more! I was a little worried if an hour long show could juggle such a cast so awesomely massive but the show delivered the goods plus some!

Seathdroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Squad trailer was great.

It seems like everyone missed the point. The trailer has a happy sounding song that isn't really happy, because the movie consists of crazy people who are gleefully insane even though there's nothing to be happy about. It's irony on irony

Kervan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seathdroke: I loved it and thought it was hilarious. Especially Margot Robbie's line delivery. It's pitch perfect Harley Quinn! And Jai Courtney acting crazy, then popping open a beer can later on . . . great stuff! David Ayer even said at Comic Con that people will be surprised at how funny this movie is. The trailer and the music is meant to show you the personality of the movie, like it's a fun and crazy party where you have no idea what's going to happen.

I'm almost scared to ask . . . but why is Corey so negative towards the DCEU? Everytime you guys mention MOS, BvS, and now SS, he just breathes this heavy sigh and acts dismissive of the whole thing. If you end up not liking the finished product, that's fine. But what does he want out of DC films? I guess I just haven't heard him give a good explanation of why he feels these movies don't look good or aren't for him. And I say I'm scared to ask, because I LOVE, LOVE LOVE MOS, and could not be more excited for the upcoming DC movies.

Seathdroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kervan21: In fairness to him, alot of people seem to be leery of DC's movie products. Alot. I listened to two completely unrelated podcasts today, neither having to do with comics or movies, and they both took a moment out to crap on DC's cinematic universe lol

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@kervan21: @seathdroke: I guess some people just want a modern Richard Donner movie, like Superman Returns.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@kervan21: there are plenty of DC wankers on podcasts out there believe me. Literally saying the most biased shit. One very well respected guy on Comic Conspiracy said "Batman has more good stories than all of Marvel combined" in a podcast I listened to last week. They literally say Marvel did "okay" last year in sales (what an understatement) and that AoU was garbage ($1,000,000,000+ movie). I love Corey and this podcast for not being all "OMG Suicide Squad!!!" because of one trailer.

MoS was Meh. They need to prove something.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Loading Video...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kervan21: Can't answer your question but shouldn't it be DCCU (DC Cinematic Universe)? Are the kids using DCEU instead? I don't know what that stands for. I'm so out of touch!! #_#

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@d9000: DCEU stands for DC Extended Universe. Which, for some reason, is the name that has been adopted by fans instead of DCCU. DC Cinematic Universe actually makes even more sense for DC than it does for Marvel because DC is keeping their TV separate.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig: Lol, okay so I'm not just out of touch.

You're right, They should definitely switch that up. MEU and DCCU.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#16  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

That Suicide Squad trailer was awesome. You fellas are C.R.A.Z.Y. !!!!

Anyway, I'm getting tired of the "DC is too dark and serious" talk

It's fine to have dark stuff and light stuff like Marvel movies.

Still, It doesn't even seem like SS will be dark. It looks like it will be a fun more adult-oriented movie.

Also half of the DC shows are full of lighthearted fun.

~MiB

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@syncig said:

@d9000: DCEU stands for DC Extended Universe. Which, for some reason, is the name that has been adopted by fans instead of DCCU. DC Cinematic Universe actually makes even more sense for DC than it does for Marvel because DC is keeping their TV separate.

It was referred to as the DCCU by fans until DC themselves called it the DCEU.

Also on the larger topic at hand, I can't fathom some people's negative feelings towards the upcoming DC films while simultaneously praising the cheesy DC shows.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Also on the larger topic at hand, I can't fathom some people's negative feelings towards the upcoming DC films while simultaneously praising the cheesy DC shows.

Lol, right? Don't get me wrong, I watch and enjoy Arrow and The Flash, but damn the writing and especially the dialogue are often not very good.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't find the name of the person but I also enjoy Heroes Reborn. I faithfully watched original Heroes until it was cancelled, despite the sharp drop in plot quality.

Heroes Reborn has been fun and I'm happy to watch (though I don't watch it on time). I'm not super surprised that it isn't coming back though. When it came out it was very unique, but now it's somewhat lost in between the many high quality super-power series' out there. I also don't mind because it can leave off with this one season, which has been very good I think. If it kept going it may decline just like it did before.

And just for fun I'll rate all the seasons so far (Heroes Reborn is season five): 1,5,4,2,3 :)

I also loved the SS trailer and thought the song choice was perfect. Not sure if it was on purpose but the lyrics they matched to the scenes were spot on. I also completely agree with this (but keep in mind that only those parts of the song sounded happy. There are several part of Bohemian Rhapsody that sound very sad):

Suicide Squad trailer was great.

It seems like everyone missed the point. The trailer has a happy sounding song that isn't really happy, because the movie consists of crazy people who are gleefully insane even though there's nothing to be happy about. It's irony on irony

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@drellassassin: I really like the DC shows (except Gotham, that show is awful) but I do find the bashing of DC movies off-putting. Most of the criticism I see is basically "the movie doesn't have a tone that I want it to have, therefore it looks bad." That's insane. Not everything is for everybody. Plus, Corey calling Suicide Squad "try hard" was downright insulting. I could do the same thing to so many Marvel movies that cram in a bunch of humor that doesn't necessarily fit (*cough* Thor: The Dark World *cough*). The DC movies are taking a darker tone. Don't like that? Fine, but don't crap all over it simply because it isn't appealing directly to your tastes. On top of all that, David Ayer has said that there will be a lot more humor in Suicide Squad than people are expecting so the grim dark tone that everyone is expecting might not be completely true either.

Note to anyone that is about to jump all over me for the seemingly anti-Marvel portion of my comment: I do quite like most of the movies in the MCU. My point was calling out the hypocrisy of some DC bashers.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

That Suicide Squad trailer was awesome. You fellas are C.R.A.Z.Y. !!!!

Hey, don't lump me together with those ding dongs. I didn't think I said I didn't like it. I said it was so perfectly edited with a popular song but I had to admit I was a sucker for that, just like the TMNT2 trailer.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@syncig said:

@drellassassin: I really like the DC shows (except Gotham, that show is awful) but I do find the bashing of DC movies off-putting. Most of the criticism I see is basically "the movie doesn't have a tone that I want it to have, therefore it looks bad." That's insane. Not everything is for everybody. Plus, Corey calling Suicide Squad "try hard" was downright insulting. I could do the same thing to so many Marvel movies that cram in a bunch of humor that doesn't necessarily fit (*cough* Thor: The Dark World *cough*). The DC movies are taking a darker tone. Don't like that? Fine, but don't crap all over it simply because it isn't appealing directly to your tastes. On top of all that, David Ayer has said that there will be a lot more humor in Suicide Squad than people are expecting so the grim dark tone that everyone is expecting might not be completely true either.

Note to anyone that is about to jump all over me for the seemingly anti-Marvel portion of my comment: I do quite like most of the movies in the MCU. My point was calling out the hypocrisy of some DC bashers.

~MiB

Kervan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: Actually, the DCEU is the official name that WB has given to their slate of DC films. I know that because they used it in big, bold letters at their DC films presentation at Comic-Con this last year. Prior to that, fans simply said things like, "DCCU," or "DC on film" etc colloquially. It wasn't until WB's panel presentation at Comic-Con that it became known as the DC Extended Universe. Basically it's their short-hand way of indicating how their films are separate from the TV properties.

Kervan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! I never said I wanted a podcast where they suck a proverbial anything! Frankly, that's offensive and crude.

I love the Marvel films, and I love MOS and am looking forward to seeing BvS. I don't need a podcast to only like the things that I like (although I have stopped listening to podcasts when I found that my opinion diverged very strongly from theirs). I'm just saying that I've never heard Corey articulate his reasoning why he's not looking forward to BvS or the DCEU slate of films. And Corey is a very well-reasoned guy overall. I don't have to agree with him (I completely disagree with his take on Snyder's WATCHMEN film, in that I think the movie captured the spirit, tone, themes, and narrative of the book very faithfully, while Corey stated in the past that the movie "completely missed the point" of the book. I don't understand what he means by that, but I can appreciate his perspective. So I would just like to hear a more in-depth explanation of what he would rather have out of the DCEU than what he's seeing. Does he want them to be more "fun" like the Marvel films? Does he want to go back to the days of Superman Returns, or the Burton films? Be more like some of the DC animated movies? It's just unclear to me, that's all.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

You want to hear someone suck DC's proverbial dick

This sort of comment is not allowed on the site.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh man, I had to stop and find this video as soon as Tony mentioned it. What a satisfying thunk on the table!

I need to stop by gamespot more often

Tony G cereal unboxing!