User Lists: 172

wooooooooo

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Anybody on ComicVine watching Person of Interest?

As much as I love the comicbook TV shows on right now, I love Person of Interest even more. It's so good.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By infantfinite128

Great podcast as always. Although, I have been wanting to know this for a long time--what's with the outro? I don't understand the significance of any of those quotes. I'd understand if you put funny clips from your guests, but "I give it a two. hehehehe"?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By d9000

@wardishy said:

As much as I love the comicbook TV shows on right now, I love Person of Interest even more. It's so good.

My mom watches Person of Interest!... That's not an indictment of show, she's just the only person I know who watches it (although she's not on Comic Vine so...).

And it looks likes like Mat and I will never agree on Gotham OR the wwe. It's no wonder people think he doesn't like the show. He spends a lot of time talking about the things he dislikes and the only praise is usually a quick "...but I love the show.". Although the written reviews give a clearer view of his opinions I think. Personally I like the mix of kids in a gritty world. The show reminds me a bit of the first TMNT movie (especially the hideout that Selina takes Bruce too. It's just like the Foot Clan hangout in TMNT 1).

No Caption Provided

I think kids can coexist in a show for adults. To me it seems like most people are WAY too critical of kids in TV and movies. For example, take a look at the comments on the new Jurassic Park trailer. What's with everyone wanting the kids to get eaten??? Seems odd...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@d9000: And that same kid was in Iron Man 3, which bothered me in the movie.

HashbrownsCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HashbrownsCV

@wardishy said:

I've been watching it on Blu-ray as the seasons are released and haven't started season 3 yet, but yes, it's very good. Person of Interest is pretty much a fusion of Batman, the Punisher, and James Bond all with a great techno-thriller premise.

If I didn't know better, I could believe it WAS based on a comic, and it would probably have been one of the best.

I really appreciate how they balance season/series story arcs with keeping each episode self-contained and worthwhile on its own. That's incredibly difficult to do. You usually end up with heavily serialized series like LOST, where coming into an episode without foreknowledge is a waste of time, or you can fall into the extremely episodic "only the season finale matters" hole of Smallville. Person of Interest has (so far) nailed that balancing act.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@inferiorego WE NEED AND DESERVE AN ENDLESS PORMO THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much to talk about.... sting, cm punk, Vince and all the other jazzzz

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@d9000: And that same kid was in Iron Man 3, which bothered me in the movie.

- I didn't mind that kid. He had a "Home Alone" quality to him. But I'm REALLY glad they cut out the extra scenes with the kid's bully. They were in the Deleted Scenes on the Iron Man 3 Blu-Ray and they looked terrible.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego WE NEED AND DESERVE AN ENDLESS PORMO THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much to talk about.... sting, cm punk, Vince and all the other jazzzz

Word.