Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio
  • 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it really matters to the main audience if a show is based on a comic or not

#2 Posted by dotwilson (334 posts) - - Show Bio

oooo an early Wednesday morning gift... thanks for helping the work day fly by.

#3 Posted by Wilhelm_Dolle (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Agent Ward's abilities are suddenly exaggerated: In the beginning of season one he's compared to Black Widow. "... the best marks since Romanoff." Also, he jumps the Bus (plane) to catch Jemma, just to be trusted by the others.

Maybe he wouldn't have noticed Bobby if she had worn a disguise and looked like an older woman, but since Ward has a weakness for beautiful women, it makes sense that he checked her out and even looked at her reading to make up a pick-up line. He also has a sensibility to notice when he's followed/observed, which of course comes with suspension of disbelief. Like Ethan Hunt entering a restaurant and immediately knowing which people in there are secret agents.

#4 Posted by Wilhelm_Dolle (26 posts) - - Show Bio

This new podcast focused on comic based TV series is great.

#5 Posted by BigL (622 posts) - - Show Bio

I just recently bought a Kindle Fire HDX 7' and it is amazing. The images look beautiful, it's high speed, and the battery life is great. The only problem is that it doesn't run on Android or IOS, but rather a mix of the two so this makes problems with certain apps. For example, some apps aren't availble on the Amazon store, such as Marvel Unlimited, instead to access it you must sideload it and download it from the Google Play Store. Other than that I love it, I use it for Hulu, digital comics, web browsing, and powerpoints

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
#7 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the TV talk. I like guests too but not having one every week is not a deal breaker for me.

#8 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@wilhelm_dolle: I honestly love your defense of Ward and the show. You know I really dig the show and it's great seeing others come to its defense rather than bag on it, especially when they aren't watching.

#9 Posted by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Regarding "Black Mask" on Gotham, is it possible that he was actual Black Mask's dad? He's listed as Richard Scionis and Black Mask's name is Roman Scionis right? Maybe (if the show jumps ahead someday like I think it will) we'll meet his Richards son Roman who takes the mask fetish even further.

#10 Posted by SWagner017 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man@inferiorego: Hey guys! Thanks for answering my question even though it was off topic a bit. Didn't realize it was a Batman themed episode until after I already sent the Tweet. And, yes, Mat I did ask you about this prior to the episode and I meant no offense by asking it again here on the podcast (Tony...haha). Wasn't sure who was going to be on and wanted to hear some more opinions about what devices people like for digital comics. Plus, this way I think I was able to get little more information than tweeting back and forth. Anyway, I appreciate the advice. I am planning on getting a tablet primarily for reading comics and wanted to make sure I get something that will work well this. I was told to try and spring for the 10" screen if possible, but not sure if it is necessary. If anyone else in the Comic Vine community would also like to weigh based on their own experience that would be great!

#11 Posted by NightFang3 (12361 posts) - - Show Bio

This new podcast focused on comic based TV series is great.

#13 Edited by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else think that Batman: Brave and the Bold is this generation's Batman 66? I know it's not quite as "out there" but it's got that same light, fun tone and a lot of humour. It didn't last as long and won't have the same historic impact but I get the same feeling watching BBB as I did with Batman 66.

#14 Posted by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, and I forgot to answer my favourite Batman 66 villains!!!!

Runner-ups:

- Bookworm (because his all leather suit used to squeak when we moved around and it'd make me laugh)

- King Tut (because he thought he was King Tut)

- Joker (he'd definitely be my number 1 if not for....)

Winner:

- Eartha Kitt as Catwoman!!! (Because Santa Baby is my favourite Christmas song and because they didn't seem to mind changing Catwoman's race. That's what I call forward thinking!)

#15 Posted by Ladyonora (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego I hated the Doctor Who finale too so much!! Im usually not the type to get upset at these things but I mean what the hell was that!? Everyone was a poohead and it was just miserable. I still love Capaldi though, hopefully his next companion compliments him better.

#16 Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego I hated the Doctor Who finale too so much!! Im usually not the type to get upset at these things but I mean what the hell was that!? Everyone was a poohead and it was just miserable. I still love Capaldi though, hopefully his next companion compliments him better.

Capaldi was the only redeeming part of that whole episode

Staff
#18 Posted by cwpolzel (863 posts) - - Show Bio

Great podcast guys. I'm really liking the current comic book shows. I loved watching the Batman '66 show growing up. I don't if you guys know, but they released a smaller Heroclix set based on it. It is cool, because it includes villains Egghead, Shame, Bookworm and King-Tut, as well as all the more known characters.

#24 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@blue_shield: I need to try to check out those Heroclix figs. I've never played and have no idea how to. I just like the way some of them look.