00:00:00
Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Since you guys are talking about shows, I'm posting this again and I encourage anyone who hasn't already, to check it out.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

my fav comic book shows are

1 arrow

2 flash

3 gotham

4 agent of shield

5 constantine

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm enjoying all the shows every week.

For me ther order is

Flash

Gotham

Constatine

Arrow

Agents of Sheild

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FearTheLiving

I like Arrow alright, it's a decent show but the flashbacks are really starting to bug the hell out of me. If they wanted to have it take place 5 years ago do that! Stop bringing us back there EVERY episode. Especially when we know most of the time who's going to die or not because we know the future. Also this season has been pretty sub-par so far especially after marathoning the first and second season to catch up. I'm expecting it to pick up.

Flash has it's ups and downs, I either really like an episode, dislike an episode, or it was just alright. I warming up to Grant in the role though. Not a fan of the actress who plays Caitlin not sure if it was the writing or her delivery but when she was discussing her dead boyfriend with that little speech it was really noticeable.

As for Gotham I can't stand most of the episodes and the only thing I usually like about them is the Penguin which actually pissed me off last episode when they made Falcone into the mastermind who made Penguin go undercover.

Constantine has been my favorite of the DC shows this season. I'm not sure if I just enjoying the character more or what but it's a fun show and Matt Ryan is just entertaining to watch. Also with these shows I actually like the monster of the week (Literally) type thing so that's probably why I enjoy this show. I should mention I never really read any Constantine so I have no idea if this is true to the comics or not.

Agents of SHIELD has been the most constant this season with solid episode after solid episode. Getting some nice nods to the MCU and yet still standing on its own, bringing stuff uniquely from the show. Not to mention the character development has been pretty awesome. Pretty much none of the characters are not impacted by last season and it's shown.

1. Agents of SHIELD
  2. Constantine
  3. The Walking Dead
  4. Flash
  5. Arrow
  6. Gotham
Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The complaints about Flash's powers apply to like every Flash/JL comic ever.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awww yea... like i said before, these podcast just make the work day so much better

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Update: The finale of Doctor Who was a huge letdown.

Last week's Constantine was great.

Here's my updated Top 5 of the shows I keep up with:

1. The Walking Dead

2. Gotham

3. Constantine

4. Flash

5. Doctor Who (The only one of these shows that is sub-par)

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I agree with @inferiorego on his thoughts with Gotham. It is so over the top that it sucks you in, and makes you want more. My wife is "meh" on most Comic TV shows, but once I tell her we have a new Gotham in the Queue, she gets really excited.

I'm honestly loving and embracing all of the shows they have on right now.

- Arrow was a slow burn for me, but now that it is fully embracing its vigilante Non-Powered hero spot in the DC TV universe, it is getting better.
- Flash is just fun. Said it in the front of each episode. Didn't play coy with his powers or identity as a hero. Little hammy and carbon copy on the CW drama hooks though.
- I loved SHIELD season 1, loving Season 2 even more. Can't wait for Agent Carter.
- Constantine is just damn fun. Feels rushed and that NBC isn't giving it the amount of trust that Gotham, Arrow/Flash, and SHIELD have been given but it is the Constantine I wanted.
- Doctor Who I've not caught up on, but as one of the people who got into the series before the reboot, (Sylvester McCoy was my fave) I am liking Capaldi's return to the gruff and focused doctor. Moffat needs to let go of the series since I see him making similar mistakes that Davies made towards the end of his run.

Loving the idea of this new TV focused podcast. Bring on more!

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By BigL

Mine would be:

1. Arrow

2. Flash

3. The Walking Dead

4. Gotham

5. Constantine

I'm behind on SHIELD but I did watch an episode this season randomly and I think Adrianne Palicki is great as Bobbi Morse

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inferiorego  Staff

@kantrip said:

- Doctor Who I've not caught up on, but as one of the people who got into the series before the reboot, (Sylvester McCoy was my fave) I am liking Capaldi's return to the gruff and focused doctor. Moffat needs to let go of the series since I see him making similar mistakes that Davies made towards the end of his run.

Loving the idea of this new TV focused podcast. Bring on more!

McCoy was my Doctor as well. Capaldi was the saving grace of an overall mediocre season

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

1. Constantine
2. The Flash
3. Arrow
4. Gotham
5. Agents of SHIELD
6. The Walking Dead

Speaking only about the new shows, I have thoroughly enjoyed every episode of The Flash and Constantine so far. They are fun and captivate me throughout the hour of viewing. Gotham is up and down for me and not just episode to episode but within each episode there is a bunch to love and a bunch to hate. It is hard to get a handle on the show when one moment I am enthralled and the next I am facepalming and groaning out loud.

As for the returning shows, I think the biggest disappointment, despite it holding onto the 3 spot, is Arrow. Season 2 killed it but so far this season has been a big step down. None of the episodes have been all that good. I am hoping that the crossover with The Flash will revitalize it a bit. Agents of SHIELD has been much better this season but something is still not clicking with me. The Walking Dead, imo, is not a good show. I can't for the life of me get into it and I am astounded that people can compare it to shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. At this point, I only attempt to watch every once in a while because a good friend of mine is obsessed with it. The comics are great and do a really fantastic job of making you care for the characters. The show is the opposite. I don't care about the characters and the constant filler is unsettling. To make it clear, I am not bashing people who love TWD but I don't think it is the masterpiece that some have tried to convince me that it is.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 inferiorego  Staff

@syncig: When it comes to Walking Dead, I will say that this season is the best it's been since season 1. They finally hit a good stride but people who compare it to Breaking Bad of GoT are insane. Those shows are on another level.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with @g_man on Agents of Shield. It's my current favorite comic show. I don't know why more comicviners are not more behind the show. Yeah the first half of the first season was pretty bleh but it has picked up an incredible amount since Winter Soldier and has been consistently solid since then. Ward is now an genuinely interesting villain, all the possibilities about inhuman stuff is super cool and the characters and size of the current team are likable and makes more sense in the context of the marvel cinematic univ, respectively.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@inferiorego: That's good to hear. I'm not sure if I'll catch up on it or not. It'll probably only make me like the show less if I force myself to watch something that just isn't for me.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@themantisshrimp: Some seem to put it as Marvel TV versus DC TV. That doesn't have to be the case. People compare AoS to Arrow. I think they're completely different types of shows with different tones. It is possible to like both shows.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man agreed. Personally I enjoy Arrow as well. Season two did a great job displaying the the rise of Deathstroke. But I would never compare Arrow to Shield, they are clearly different beasts.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#22  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

MOAR TV TALK!!

My top 5 comic shows so far

1. Walking Dead

2. FLash

3. Arrow

4. Gotham

5. Constantine

AND WE WANT GREGG!!!!!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By d9000

Great episode of ISMCBPoS! I don't listen every single week but I like the idea of an episode about the many comic book TV shows. Maybe you could do it once a month or something? Once a week might be too often unless you want to go over each episode each week.

Anyway, I don't watch every show that was mentioned but my list looks like:

Walking Dead --> Agents of Shield --> Gotham --> Flash

It's funny, until I started coming to Comic Vine about a year ago I had never heard anyone say a single bad thing about Walking Dead. It doesn't bother me but I just don't see it. I've really enjoyed each season, each location is a different challenge and a different feel. Maybe people have overly high expectations after the first season? I don't know, I've got no complaints though.

With Agents of Shield I really didn't like the first season, but I started watching again after Captain America 2 and I feel it's really hit it's stride.

I love Gotham too. I'm surprised by how much I don't mind any of the age changes. I actually enjoy the kid characters and things like Nigma working for the GCPD, and Alfred being a hard-ass. I also don't think that the ages are that far off. I mean if Bruce gets 10 years older he'll be in his early 20s and could easily be starting off his Batman career. Meanwhile, if everyone else (incl Gordon and Bullock, Penguin, Riddler, Zsasz, Falcone) get 10 years older it wouldn't really change that much about them.

Flash was a surprise for me, I still don't know why I like it. It seems so cheesy at times but they stick well to a superhero, comic book feel so I respect that. And I also think that if anyone's noticing issues with his speed inconsistency they must have the same problem when reading the comics. You can't really avoid it sometimes so it's best just to forget about that.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

More like the Invincibly Super Robotic Comic Book Podcast of Television. Am I right? Only comic book related show I'm watching is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon because it's fantastic. I've seen like half of Arrow season 1 and wasn't really digging it. Half way through season 2 of Walking Dead killed it for me. Right now I'm just waiting for the Netflix Marvel shows.

Tony was such a hipster here. "I was watching Doctor Who when it was still Doctor What." And "I've been reading Fantastic Four back when it was the Fantastic One." Just messing with ya G-man. Snoogins. Thanks for the podcast.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 k4tzm4n  Moderator
@mezmero said:

More like the Invincibly Super Robotic Comic Book Podcast of Television. Am I right? Only comic book related show I'm watching is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon because it's fantastic. I've seen like half of Arrow season 1 and wasn't really digging it. Half way through season 2 of Walking Dead killed it for me. Right now I'm just waiting for the Netflix Marvel shows.

Tony was such a hipster here. "I was watching Doctor Who when it was still Doctor What." And "I've been reading Fantastic Four back when it was the Fantastic One." Just messing with ya G-man. Snoogins. Thanks for the podcast.

Ladyonora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really like that you guys "nit pick" things. First of all, it's your job to share your opinions and I like hearing them. And second I feel that most of the mistakes and things that don't make sense are so silly that they could have been fixed with a little attention to detail and thought. That's why it's frustrating to me.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@ladyonora: I guess there's a line between nit picking and just plain hating on things. We do nit pick but we do enjoy the stuff, for the most part. But you're right, it is are job to nit pick. We just have to remember to focus on what we like as well.