As you may or may not know, Corey and I are doing a new wrestling podcast here on Comic Vine. Just like the CV podcast, there will be a Q&A section. If you have questions about WWE, wrestling, or want our opinion about something, ask away!
Hello Mat and Corey, got a couple of questions for you for your first episode!
1. What are your thoughts on Cesaro and should he be getting more of a push? I always liked him and was glad he was getting a push, but now it seems he got shoved under the rug and is getting no where once again.
2. Is it just me or I am the only one who doesn't care about the Wyatt Family anymore? I feel their act is getting old and boring pretty fast.
3. I am guessing you already will talk about this but, what are your predictions for Summerslam wins?
That is all, and hopefully there will be more The Endless Promo in the future!
Oh wow, this is awesome news. I'll try and ask a variety of questions, from the obvious, more obscure and silly.
1. How did you guys feel about the Undertaker's Streak ending. Did you think it was the right move? Would you have preferred a different conqueror?
2. Have either of you guys heard of Haku's reputation behind the scenes and what do you think of it if you have? Haku if you might need a reminder was once tag teamed with Andre the Giant, and also went under Meng.
3. Do you guys have a favorite manager? Why are they your favorite?
4. Which professional comic writer and artist would you like to see work on a WWE comic?
Howdy Inferior Ego and Undeadpool , two quick questions:
Who is your favorite announce team? While I love Gorilla and Heenan, Gorilla and Jesse to me had the perfect blend of legit sportcasters and charismatic entertainers. Jesse getting completely irate over Hogan's flagrant rule breaking always cracks me up.
Also, what do you think of Bo Dallas' finisher? I would love him to have a submission finish where he would encourage his opponent "Don't give up, Keep Bo-Lieving"
HOW DARE YOU GUYS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Ruthless Aggression was AWESOME (Which you can relive on the WWE network for 9.99!!!) compared to the current product and the PG Era(2009-)!!!! I revoke Corey and Matt's Wrestling license!!!!
Just kidding but Ruthless Aggression was pretty great compared to what we get now and John Cena has always been terrible.
And Watch TNA, It's getting a lot better. Vince Russo is gone and they are moving from Thursday to Wednesday! It would be great hearing you guys talk about it as new viewers.
Hey guys,the wwe network is great for seeing a storyline or a push from beginning to end. So with that in mind, what did you think was the biggest blunder professional wrestling has made in terms of pushing a talent to the moon , for it to all come crashing down? From watching the old raw recently, that 1993-1994 lex luger push is absolutely cringeworthy. The push came from nowhere, and all the stuff with the lex express is absolutely hilarious. All this , for a terrible wrestler.
I used to watch wrestling a lot. I have been waiting for the network to come to the UK. I was wondering what the big differences are between RAW and Smackdown? When I stopped watching I think Raw and Smackdown had different rosters. Is that still the case? As a casual observer, it seems like people hate Smackdown.
Anyway. Thank you for doing this podcast. I will probably subscribe to the network when I can.
Awesome Podcast fellas! I'm definitely gonna start tuning in every week.
I have two questions.
I have one that comes to mind.
He was was Jack Black's Nacho Libre, but uses Macho Man Randy Savage's voice and mannerisms. LOL
Mine is a tossup between Undertaker vs Mankind's Hell in a Cell where Taker tossed Mankind from the top onto the Spanish announcer table (poor guys always have their table broke), then later puts him through the ceiling of the cage on top with a chokeslam, and somehow Foley was able to get back up, and still be conscious enough to get slammed onto a bag of tacks. Crazy.
The other match that is right up there with the Taker vs Mankind, is Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon in their two back to back epic ladder matches.
Awesome first podcast Mat and Corey, already my favorite wrasslin podcast and not by default because its the only one I listen to, I actually listen to a few others now and then. Thanks for answering my questions too, sorry if they were too random last time (or this time).
1. What do you guys think of the WWE's woman's division? Underdeveloped? Bit of a joke? Toilet Break match? Both past and present, have a favorite female wrestler? Favorite current? I enjoyed your guys thoughts about Paige and AJ. I was a fan of Lita and Luna Vachon.
2. Do either of you watch WWE NXT? I actually tend to enjoy that show as much if not more than RAW, it sort of reminds me of Indie comics and Marvel/DC. I enjoy Marvel and DC for the characters I love and glitz, but smaller comics can afford to be more creative and dedicated. NXT seems to allow its wrestlers more freedom to develop. Also if you guys do, then I and others can ask you about some of the NXT wrestlers like Sami Zayn/El Generico.
3. You guys get to met a lot of comic writers and artists, industry insiders, if they all performed in a over the top rope Battle Royal who would win? Dan Slott? Greg Pak? In Comicvine Interviews in the past Matt Fraction has threatened to punch G-Man in the balls. Could he use that Heel tactic to win?
Hello Mat and Corey it is I again, with your Summerslam aftermath questions. But first can I just say the Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins and AJ Lee vs Paige matches were the best, also quite enjoyed Rusev vs Jack Swagger. So with that my actual questions!
1. What feuds do think will start up or continue with what happened during Summerslam? Brie and Nikki are obvious.
2. Do you think we will see Stephanie McMahon wrestle slightly more often now, especially with how the crowd reacted to her during her match?
3. Who will defeat Brock Lesnar and how long do you think his reign will be?
That is all, keep the podcasts coming!
Hey Corey and MAtt, what would you guys call yourself as a tag team? And what would be your finisher?
And do you guys also think the new theme song and the ring gear for Seth Rollins are horrible? THe theme song sounds like a generic TNA theme song and his ring gear looks like a New 52 redesigned costume and X-Force Wolverine. He looks like a male prostitute for the year 2099.
Finally who do you think is the most underrated and overlooked wrestler?
Mine would be Jay Lethal. His Macho Man persona was amazing and he had some great feud with that gimmick. And he had some of the greatest promos in WRESTLING history where he went toe to toe with Ric Flair. His impression of Flair was also spot-on! ANd the Woo-Off was amazing.
I appreciate your new wrestling podcast. I have NO ONE to talk about wrestling with. My friends and wife think it's dumb (which it kind of is but I love it). I noticed in you debut episode (congrats btw) that you were very critical of WWE to the point that I don't recall you saying anything that you like on WWE (Bo Dallas and NXT aside). This leads me to my first question:
1. What do you LIKE about WWE right now? I find that it is easier to say what you don't like than what you do. I'm loving Dean Ambrose right now, he looks like your sisters douchey ex-boyfriend, but his antics in and out of the ring make me have to cheer and laugh. He seems like a fresh take on the stone cold Steve Austin archetype.
2. Not that it really matters but is Nikki Bella still dating John Cena, and if so, do you think they'll see what he has to say about her heel turn?
3. Am I the only person that hates the Wyatt's? I find them boring, I get up and get food or change the channel whenever it's their turn. On the other hand I love Y2J. Their fued puts me in a tight spot. Have you ever been there? A wrestler you love in a fued or situation you hate?
Thanks, I look forward to future podcasts.
Now that you know who is champ, what are they going to do about a fighting champion because he only comes around every once in a great while. SS ending pretty lame if you ask me. Also, I just started watching WWE again after a long Hornswoggle induced hiatus and am enjoying what I've seen, for the most part, thus far.
1. What do you think of the Paige and AJ feud? I personally think it's gone on too long.
2. What do you feel Kane's place in WWE should be? I don't like the corporate Kane gimmick but they seem unwilling to go back to the big red machine.
3. Do you feel Roman Reigns should beat Brock Lesnar as some others do? Or do you feel like that should go to someone else?
First and foremost, thank you for the fun podcast. You guys make a great companion to the Powerbombcast and I hope you consider doing a crossover show at some point.
Second, what are your thoughts regarding comedy in wrestling? Comedy often gets presented as blows to the groin or juvenile insults, but I enjoy it when done well. I love characters like Santino Marella, Colt Cabana, and Kikutaro that make comedy a big part of their style. The old, funny promos with people like Stone Cold and Kurt Angle are great to watch too.
Third, you folks should cover NXT a little more. You don't need to talk about the whole show. Mention one thing that you enjoyed from the previous week's show. For example, Enzo Amore challenging Sylvester LeFort to a Hair vs. Hair match. I never thought I would be excited for a Hair vs. Hair match, but there you go.
There's already speculation that Wrestlemanias main event will be Brock Lesner VS Roman Reigns, which is too obvious. What do you want as the main event or what do you think will sell it best? I say keep Lesner champ until then and have Reigns win the battle royal to make him #1 contender. Then two weeks before Mania, on Raw, have Reigns blow out a knee and on that show have a doctor say he can't wrestle for a few months(and have him actually take some time off). Triple H and Steph then scramble for a new challenger and decide to have another battle royal on the next Raw one week before Wrestlemania. It's a 20 man match and have the last man to enter the ring be the Undertaker. Somehow this has to be kept quiet up until the match itself. Also it has to be the biker Undertaker not the walking dead Undertaker. He wins and gets a rematch with Lesner at Mania. Then at Mania they go to war, more like a street fight than wrestling match. Undertaker wins, becomes champ and the 24-1 turns to 25-1(can't remember if that's right). Then Lesner gets back in the ring face to face with Undertaker, goes to shake his hand but instead levels him, knocking him unconscious. Mania ends with Lesner walking up the ramp turns looking at Taker still out cold in the ring and just when you think the credits are about to roll, Seth Rollins cashes in his Money In The Bank and becomes the new champ.
Now that Dean Ambrose is taking a few months off to film the next wwe productions box office hit (cause that's a thing), who would you like to see Rollins feud with until Dean makes his inevitable and glorious return? (Some people think he'll be back for TLC). I'd like to see him work with Dolph Ziggler or maybe a returned and baby faced bad news Barrett? (Probably not gonna happen but you can dream)
It seems like 95% of pro wrestling matches end one of 3 ways. 1. Finishing move 2. Distraction 3. Cheap shot. Would you like to see this formula change? I'd like to hear Michael Cole worry if the DDT is enough to put somebody away and actually share that worry, instead of knowing, without a doubt, that they will kick out. I just wish that non finishing moves held more weight/consequences in the ring.
Thanks and keep up the good work!
Did you notice how pre-summerslam, our resident heel announcer, JBL, was actually on baby face Jack Swagger's side, and now, with his summerslam loss, JBL is overly critical of Swagger. I thought it was refreshing to have JBLs announcing be slightly more realistic with him liking at least one baby face. But they had to find a lame reason to turn that around. Do you think that the way wrestling announcers are either all good or all bad is outdated?
Howdy Inferior Ego and Undeadpool,
Do you guys feel at all that The Miz's gimmick is at all treading on Tyler Breeze's. While The Miz does a very good job with it, I cant help but feel its too simple to Breeze's, especially the "no hitting me in the face", which Tyler has mysteriously dropped since Miz has returned. Im worried when Tyler finally makes his main roster debut that he will get lost in the shuffle and seen as "Miz Lite" by non-NXT followers.
Questions about wrestling moves!
if you were to be a wrestler (or create one in a wrestling game), what would be a part of your moveset (Signature, Top-Rope, Submission, Finisher to name a few) and what sort of name would you give to your signature and finisher?
On the topic of wrestling games, do you recall any funny matches/stories you've had?
I once lost (as Lesnar) to a friend (using Vickie Guerrero) and had a tornado tag cage match where my partner climbed out on his own and left me to get whooped by the other team.
Also are you aware of the Kayfabe tier list? it's amazing.
Very happy you guys started this podcast!
I am very sad to find out that Santino retired but rumor has it he might return as a commentator or even a general manager. He never got a major push and I think it was maybe because he was so funny that the WWE thought no one would take him seriously. Its unfortunate because I enjoy comedic wrestlers, I think everyone tries too hard to be the biggest bad ass. I feel it would be a good change to have a superstar that really makes you laugh but still wins matches and even become champion. I would love to have a WWE champion that doesn't take himself so seriously and me laugh. How do you guys feel about Santino's career and do you feel comedic wrestlers should get better pushes?
BTW Did you hear about the time Steve Blackman walked into a bar? The bar had never been in so much pain.
Do either of you guys listen to any other wrestling podcasts? I've been listening to Talk is Jericho and Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana as well as this one. Just curious if you guys have the time for other podcasts, and if you do, what you think of the ones you listen to. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Hey The Two Coreys. Hope you win the Comic Vine Tag Team Championship!
My question is what are your top 5 favorite feuds in professional wrestling history?
Mine are (in no particular order): Undertaker/Kane, John Cena/Edge, Stone Cold/Triple H, Chris Jericho/Chris Benoit, and Hardyz/Dudleyz/E&C.
Who do you think deserves/deserved the World title but never held it in all time history?
I'm going with Fallen Angel .... Christopher Daniels #EGOClub #Appletini. He was so entertaining with all his gimmicks and with Bad Influence and a phenomenal wrestler who deserved the TNA world Title but they fired him... 3 times -_-
And you guys should try to get him on the podcast. He is a HUGEEEE MARVEL comics fan.
Hey guys a few questions for ya?
1. Do you think Raw will ever go back to 2 hours? A lot of the time 3 hours is just to long to sit and watch the show especially during the second and third week after a PPV it just seems like so much filler. I think if they cut it back to two hours they could make the time they have count rather than having meaningless squash matches and recaps in the second hour.
2. What are the chances of seeing Raw and Smackdown live on the Network? A good way to add to the relevance to Smackdown would be to make it live it would also get rid of the awful piped in crowd noises they love to do.
So thoughts and love the new show.
Which wrestlers who no longer appear on television do you miss the most? Mine would be Edge or The Hurricane.
Bonus question: Which title that is no longer used would you bring back to the WWE? If I ran the WWE I'd get rid of the US Title (because I like the Intercontinental Championship more and having both seems redundant to me) and bring back the Cruiserweight Championship. It's highly unlikely but I really miss having a thriving cruiserweight division.
Hello again Mat and Corey, coming at you guys with another question. What do you guys think WWE should do to get more variety or change with the stories and wrestling match ups to make the weekly shows better?
Also "Peter Cottontail just beat the hell out of Heath Slater" best line I heard in a long time from the commentary.
Hi Mat and Corey,
thanks for the endless promo and bringing me back into the world of wrestling after 14 years abstinence.
I got a question for y'all. What's your favorite and least favorite finishing move?
PS: As a German native speaker I have to step into the whole thing about Corey's family name. The "correct" pronunciation seems to be impossible with the syllables of the English language. To me both variants you use sound more or less acceptable when you can't properly pronounce "ö".
Looking forward to more of you talking about silly stories and ridiculous gimmicks (btw. what happened to the KISS Demon?
Hi I've watched wrestling most of my life until a few years ago when I gave it up. Your podcast is partly to blame for pulling me back in. It's too soon to know if I should thank you or curse you. Though so far i'm leaning towards the former. :p
A few questions for you.
Here's a goodie:
How would you guys booked the reformation of The Shield?
Mine would look like this: I would have the Wyatt Family wreaking havoc during Wrestlemania season. Reigns wins the belt at WM31, after the celebration the Wyatt's appear and hits Sister Abigail on Reigns. Post WM31 Reigns tries to handle them Solo, but can't and needs help, to stop this "INJUSTICE".... Ala HOUNDS OF JUSTICE
A very condense version but you get the gist.
Rock just got cast as Black Adam which is perfect. ANd I'm throwing it out there that John Cena should play Captain Marvel and keep the rivalry going.
Going off-topic from Wrestling, I have a good podcast recommendation for Mat. Listen to the Joe Rogan Experience. HE does 2-4 podcasts a week with different guest every time from comedians, ufc fighters, philosophers, scientists, authors and people from all sorts of profession. I think you would enjoy it.
and a good episode to start on would be the one with comedian Ms. Pat and her Insane crazy and hilarious life story.
Please Log In to post.
Log in to comment