00:00:00
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

In case anyone was wondering why the image is super weird this week.... there's a reason for that....

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's the Tony and Mat Show....yes.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Bangarang!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

best podcast image ever.....

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Glad I got to contribute to the podcast image Rufio Rufio Rufiooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By judasnixon

@inferiorego: Corporate comic that rocked..... Ellis, Allred, and Rum...

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

No Corey again NOOOOO

We need more Wrestling talk especially NEW DAY!!!!

~MiB

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like each week the "weekly comic talk" portion of this podcast gets smaller and smaller. I am not complaining, as much as saddened by this. When I first started listening, you guys were really into the weekly comics talk. Then when James Robinson started stopping by, there was even more comic discussion (not just about his comics). Currently however, it just appears that the weekly comics are getting pushed to the back seat. I miss the hour long long discussions about what comics hit the stands this week. Now if we are lucky, we get 45 minutes (and yes I get that is only 15 minutes short ... hahaha). Plus, and I know you guys are "Hella" busy and I know it is hard (next to impossible) to read all the comics that come out in a given week (especially in the allotted time frame you guys are dealing with), but we are hearing a lot more of the "No, I didn't get a chance to read that" and that kinda sucks.

And please, more Valiant talk. :-D

Wow, this really did turn into me complaining, didn't it? Ha Sorry about that guys. I mean, maybe it is just a personal thing ... maybe I just "wish" there was more weekly comic talk and there is little to no change in the time spent or the amount of comics read ... heck, I may be totally wrong and I am finding issues when there are none to be found.

If I'm that unhappy (which I am not) I should start my own podcast and run it the way I want, right? ;-)

But hey, Deep down I know you guys are doing your best, and I do truly appreciate it. And even if I feel somewhat down on what I perceive to be missing, I will still be here each week, each Saturday morning, as I know you do have a good thing going (except for the wrestling talk ;-) Haha) and I enjoy and appreciate what you do. Even if it doesn't seem like it with this particular post. Hope this is taken the way it was meant, with concern ... more than an act of admonishment.

Keep on Keppin' on,
Perry

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

When Mat namedrops you on the podcast:

No Caption Provided

Bmur62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ptsteelers: I agree take 15 min off newsish section in the begining and add it back to the comics your not alone there.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bmur62 said:

@ptsteelers: I agree take 15 min off newsish section in the begining and add it back to the comics your not alone there.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@chazz85 said:
@bmur62 said:

Have to agree with these guys. The news section lately has kind of felt like a grocery list reading. I'd prefer you guys just talk about the stories of the week that excite you, then move on. Comic talk has seemed to be light in comparison to the massive news section.

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it were up to me (I know it's not) the comics of the week or anything related to comics would be the focus of the podcast. It seems that the focus now is toys, videogames and news about tv shows, with the comics being a really fast talk.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dotwilson

i agree with most of these guys.. im here for the comic talk, which seems to be diminishing slowly.

speaking for myself, i listen to this podcast to hear about the weekly comics mostly because i dont have anyone to talk to them about with. I like to listen and discuss as much as possible about what im reading throughout the week.... i think the majority of the podcast listeners want the same thing based on the above comments.

Having said that.. Comicvine as a whole, not just the podcast, is getting the most traffic from the News/Movie/TV so i completely understand the direction they have taken even if its not what im exactly here for.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 inferiorego  Staff

@ptsteelers: @bmur62: @drellassassin: @janjaman:

i agree with most of these guys.. im here for the comic talk, which seems to be diminishing slowly.

speaking for myself, i listen to this podcast to hear about the weekly comics mostly because i dont have anyone to talk to them about with. I like to listen and discuss as much as possible about what im reading throughout the week.... i think the majority of the podcast listeners want the same thing based on the above comments.

Having said that.. Comicvine as a whole, not just the podcast, is getting the most traffic from the News/Movie/TV so i completely understand the direction they have taken even if its not what im exactly here for.

We'll make note for future episodes. That being said, my puppy pooped on the floor during the comic talk, so that kind ruined the flow for the episode. Also, it really pissed me off, but we'll make sure to give the comic section more of the spotlight it deserves.

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego

Hahahahaha

I wasn't expecting to laugh on this message.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dotwilson

@inferiorego: and that's why comicvine is the best damn site/podcast there is. I appreciate the response.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: and that's why comicvine is the best damn site/podcast there is. I appreciate the response.

My first response was "I'm gonna fight you because I'm a virgin that lives in my mom's basement!"

Am I doing the Internet right?

Bmur62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: vague personal insults directed towards all of us (people you don't know but share interests with) would be doing it right ... but your new this it seems a pass issued.

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ptsteelers

Glad my post was taken the way it was meant and not in the "internet is just for complainers" way. And to all the guys/gals that agreed, thanks for not making me feel alone. Or that I was going crazy. (insert Joker laugh) ;)

And Mat, I would get even with your dog. Pop a squat and let him clean up after you.

"Oh, no he didn't!"

:D

EDIT - And as I am an idiot ... Also thanks to Mat and the Comic Vine team for taking the time and listening to us .... ummmm ... listeners!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@ptsteelers: @bmur62: @drellassassin: @janjaman:

@dotwilson said:

We'll make note for future episodes. That being said, my puppy pooped on the floor during the comic talk, so that kind ruined the flow for the episode. Also, it really pissed me off, but we'll make sure to give the comic section more of the spotlight it deserves.

It's weird though that since we switched to doing news at the beginning, we've been getting more downloads on the podcast.

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man:

I think the news are essencial and they work much better if they come first. I just want a little more love for the comics also.

Another thing: on the spoiler section you don't HAVE to spoil it, it is a just a freedom to speak openly about stuff of the comic. So it would be nice if you select more comics on the spoiler section, not just because you want to spoil something, but also to speak openly about it. Just a suggestion.

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Why is that weird? We are not asking for the news to be placed at a different location along the podcast's timeline, only that we (at least those that have commented and said such) miss when you talked more about the weekly comics. We are lamenting the apparent decrease in the weekly comic talk. If you increase the time spent on discussing comics, it matters not where you place the news. News is perfect in the beginning. We are just wishing you would talk more about the comics, not that you do anything with the news :-)