• 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Damn getting fancy in here with dem time stamp notes. :)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2 inferiorego  Staff

Damn getting fancy in here with dem time stamp notes. :)

There was so much going on this week that I had to do it.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3 NightFang3  Online

Finally a time stamp!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the time stamps! Although I am interested to hear how you managed to discuss Fantastic Four for twenty minutes :)

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Disappointed you fellas didn't hijack the podcast to turn it into Endless Promo!
~MiB

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Isn't Detective Comics getting a totally new creative team anyway?

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic Bore. The actors did a great job with the shoddy storyline they were given. Trank even threw it under the bus. Stupid suits hacking away at a possibly decent movie? We'll probably never know.

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THANK GOD (Or in this case ComicVine) for finally putting a time stamp on the podcast. I am sure it took a little time (thanks ... Matt (?) ... probably ... as I have yet to listen to see if it is mentioned who did it) but man it will make it so much easier for you guys to just roll with the show program the way you want, instead of trying to move spoilers all over the place (If you ever break the stamp down to each comic that is).

Off to listen now!!!! Peace out!

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Michael_Moran

Yes, I too am loving the time stamp.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By d9000

Awesome Pod! I find that Mat and Corey have a fun and different chemistry than the 3 amigos episodes.

Thanks for the insight on comic shops, that was really interesting.

Who exactly is complaining about the wrestling questions though? I can think of at least 3 people (including myself) who love them. Isn't that enough??? :p

I've seen the Point Break trailer and I'm not looking forward to it at all. It looks more like a XXX remake instead of a Point Break remake.

I got the least amount of joy from Punisher War Zone. At least Daredevil, Elektra, and Fantastic Four were bad from the start. Punisher had a great start then they tanked the sequel.

Lastly, not to sound like a Fan Boy but you can't even give the X-Men cartoon a "good" rating?? That's nuts! It may not be on the level of Batman TAS or Justice League (which is more modern), but it was still good. So it had some rough animation mistakes at the start but those did go away, and I really liked the glossy art style they used. And sure Storm's dialogue was way of the top but it fit with the show. Did you forget about the excellent lines they gave Beast, Professor X, and Magneto? Or the awesome one liners that basically everyone else got?? I'm just saying that as a kid this show taught me a lot about racism and being different and it at least deserves a "good" rating for that.

No Caption Provided

Ashr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good podcast guys!

Hmm favorite movie that isn't a good movie. Interesting question but I guess "not good" or "good" needs a working definition. From a comic perspective, which ones would be rated as your personal favorites not meeting the criteria of "good."

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@d9000: maybe I should just stay off.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Mat, I say this with love and respect, but it seems like you are trying overly hard to defend Fantastic Four. Is it as bad as some are saying on the internet? No, but that's mostly because a lot of the reviews are acting like it is the second coming of Batman and Robin. That said, I highly doubt adding in the missing parts would actually make the movie good. More action sequences (that's a lot of what is missing according to some reports) and story context can't fix bad dialogue and poor on-screen chemistry. Also, it was the actor who played Doom who mentioned being a hacker/blogger, not a casting call or character sheet. Which leads me to believe that there may have been more blogger Doom before the Fox butcher job. I agree that the hack job of editing from the studio was a big part of why the movie went from just being a bad movie to being a complete failure (imo at least) but I doubt it would be able to turn the movie into a four star film.

I am glad to hear you try to stay positive but maybe you had too much horse in the race, much like a lot of the people who are suddenly "vindicated" about their initial ramblings about how the movie was going to suck. I, too, hope Josh Trank is able to bounce back from this though. I loved Chronicle and I believe he can be a really good director. Bashing a bad movie on the internet is one thing but seeing some wish ill will for Trank based on hearsay is disheartening.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

Lol, I was really trying not to make it sound like that.

Besides, everyone knows that the 3 Amigos-casts are the best. The Dynamic Duo-casts are just a fun diversion. ;)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@syncig: I heard it was the opposite of a 'studio hack job.' That it was a mess before and they did what they could to pump it up, including those reshoots. But who knows. Maybe we'll see an "original version" someday. And I haven't seen this version that's in theaters since I'm away so I can't commnet on it one way or another.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#16 inferiorego  Staff

@d9000 said:
@g_man said:

Lol, I was really trying not to make it sound like that.

Besides, everyone knows that the 3 Amigos-casts are the best. The Dynamic Duo-casts are just a fun diversion. ;)

3>2 because I don't have to talk as much.

@syncig said:

Mat, I say this with love and respect, but it seems like you are trying overly hard to defend Fantastic Four. Is it as bad as some are saying on the internet? No, but that's mostly because a lot of the reviews are acting like it is the second coming of Batman and Robin. That said, I highly doubt adding in the missing parts would actually make the movie good. More action sequences (that's a lot of what is missing according to some reports) and story context can't fix bad dialogue and poor on-screen chemistry. Also, it was the actor who played Doom who mentioned being a hacker/blogger, not a casting call or character sheet. Which leads me to believe that there may have been more blogger Doom before the Fox butcher job. I agree that the hack job of editing from the studio was a big part of why the movie went from just being a bad movie to being a complete failure (imo at least) but I doubt it would be able to turn the movie into a four star film.

I am glad to hear you try to stay positive but maybe you had too much horse in the race, much like a lot of the people who are suddenly "vindicated" about their initial ramblings about how the movie was going to suck. I, too, hope Josh Trank is able to bounce back from this though. I loved Chronicle and I believe he can be a really good director. Bashing a bad movie on the internet is one thing but seeing some wish ill will for Trank based on hearsay is disheartening.

I totally was trying to hit the points I liked because it feels like so many reviews are reveling in the failure of the film. Plus, I'm just sick of negativity this week. For my own sanity, I just wanted to stay positive about the film. Am I really reaching? Sure, but I with everything going on Friday, keeping myself in a positive limelight made the workday easier. Plus, if you want negativity, I totally wrote an analytical review of the film, which is a whole lot of "this film did 'this' wrong."

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Yeah, I understand that. Like I said, I do like that you chose to take the high road and be a bit more positive because the internet is already full of bile. No need to pile on really.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I wonder if we'll ever know the full story behind this whole thing. It was certainly one of the more turbulent productions if reports are to be believed.