User Lists: 0

Yes, the boys are back in town.

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If you guys read 2011 Matt Fraction The Mighty Thor, you would know what happen to Donald Blake after Thor dead in Fear Itself event!

Can't also find in this site the reviews of Aaron Thor God Of Thunder, You are only reading Thor now, because of the Pr stunt and all this media attention, very disappointing that for you Guys Thor is only interesting if another character has his powers, even if in this new story Aaron is butching a lot of Thor and Mjolnir marvel comics mythology to make this work.

Still like the podcast.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rob1157 said:

Yes, the boys are back in town.

Loading Video...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

@gp3: we're only reading Thor now? Weird since we HAVE reviewed several issues, we have had quotes on some trades, I did do a Three-Minute Expert video summing up his history before, and I have been reading Thor since the 80s.

Sorry if I don't care for your comment. I still like you.

Avatar image for unpopularkarama
unpopularkarama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By unpopularkarama

@g_man with iTunes Extras (which comes with purchases) you get all the cool special features that come with it, especially with new releases.

Avatar image for unpopularkarama
unpopularkarama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also where is my Darla Deering? (I'm going to keep asking until I see results).

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@gp3: we're only reading Thor now? Weird since we HAVE reviewed several issues, we have had quotes on some trades, I did do a Three-Minute Expert video summing up his history before, and I have been reading Thor since the 80s.

Guess i was wrong, sorry for that, but is also weird why you guys didn't review every issue of the critically acclaimed Thor God of Thunder like you are doing with the new female Thor book, and speaking of that book if you read Thor since the 80s, and even if i understand that you are giving the benefit of the doubt to Aaron, there are many things that don't make any sense, like the female Thor speech (Asgardian) and thoughs (Human) that you chose to ignore in your reviews, at this point we already know she is human because of her thoughts, leaving only two suspects for the role (Jane or Roz), and they don't have blonde hair, so being Worthy of Mjolnir makes you blonde? Why that didn't happen to Loki in the very recent events of Axis? And Steve Rogers never behave or had Asgardian speech, when he was worthy of Mjolnir.

The Angela review was very good, the scene in the park was totally out of context and you nailed it, and i have to agree that the new female Thor book doesn't have yet much to work with, but as Thor long time reader I really hope when they revealed that she is Agent Roz (Knew Dario Agger in issue 2), that you could address this subjects that i mentioned above, because for me personally they don't have any solid explanation and will be ignored by Aaron, because they were made for the PR Stunt of a female version of Thor who has to be blonde and behave like Thor, so that can be called by Thor, although as you know the hammer inscription says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." not become Thor and the real Thor become Odinson.

Even if you didn't like my post i m very grateful for the attention and the reply.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@gp3: We didn't review every issue of God of Thunder, but we reviewed a majority of them (click here to see the full list of issues and you can then click each to see whether it was reviewed). We also wrote an article explaining why people should check out Thor: God of Thunder! You can see that here.

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We Strand on Guard sounds good.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Channing Tatum can't act. He has actually said it himself a bunch of times in interviews that he isn't a good actors and most of his career comes from his looks. He actually said that.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Independent just means comics that are creator owned.

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gp3 said:

@g_man said:

Guess i was wrong, sorry for that, but is also weird why you guys didn't review every issue of the critically acclaimed Thor God of Thunder like you are doing with the new female Thor book, and speaking of that book if you read Thor since the 80s, and even if i understand that you are giving the benefit of the doubt to Aaron, there are many things that don't make any sense, like the female Thor speech (Asgardian) and thoughs (Human) that you chose to ignore in your reviews, at this point we already know she is human because of her thoughts, leaving only two suspects for the role (Jane or Roz), and they don't have blonde hair, so being Worthy of Mjolnir makes you blonde? Why that didn't happen to Loki in the very recent events of Axis? And Steve Rogers never behave or had Asgardian speech, when he was worthy of Mjolnir.

The Angela review was very good, the scene in the park was totally out of context and you nailed it, and i have to agree that the new female Thor book doesn't have yet much to work with, but as Thor long time reader I really hope when they revealed that she is Agent Roz (Knew Dario Agger in issue 2), that you could address this subjects that i mentioned above, because for me personally they don't have any solid explanation and will be ignored by Aaron, because they were made for the PR Stunt of a female version of Thor who has to be blonde and behave like Thor, so that can be called by Thor, although as you know the hammer inscription says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." not become Thor and the real Thor become Odinson.

Even if you didn't like my post i m very grateful for the attention and the reply.

Sorry for jumping in, gp3, truly, but if I am reading this right ... your main complaint is about how things in the new Thor MAY not be explained? Not about what has happened, but that it may not be explained how? What if it is eventually explained? Isn't all this hate then just a waste?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WOOO Can't wait to listen.

<SWAG>

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gp3

@ptsteelers: Hate? No ... Only assumptions that could be wrong like the one above that comicvine staff was only reading Thor now, i m just human we all make assumptions based on the facts that we have, last July marvel announce that they would make changes at the same time in the big 3 (Cap, IM, Thor), and in the View it was revealed that the new Thor will be a female, In Original Sin the GOD and brave warrior Thor is unworthy of Mjolnir with whisper, Aaron said in July in a interview that when get to Female Thor issue 1, we already have the whisper answer, that didn't happen until now, Odin is also unworthy to not be able to save Mjolnir in is vault, the female Thor thoughts are human and none of the humans suspects are blonde, Loki is worthy of Mjolnir in Axis by the same editorial team in a very close time line and he doesn't change like female Thor, marvel says she is Thor and he just accept it with no questions? As far as i know Thor is a birth name not a mantle and Thor is only Odinson's name, if you listen to this podcast in avengers no more bullying there is a quote from Hawkeye that was for Steve Rogers not Falcon, and in issue 8 of Original Sin there is a panel with Thor wielding Mjolnir, and he was unworthy in issue 7, is that wrong at this point to make the assumption that this change was made for the Pr stunt, and not a planed story line? Even knowing that the new worthy character is female and all the media attention we shouldn't give this changes a free pass, because to make this work Aaron is butching a lot of the comics mythology of Mjolnir and Thor, and for long time Thor readers like me that is very sad.

@k4tzm4n said:

@gp3: We didn't review every issue of God of Thunder, but we reviewed a majority of them (click here to see the full list of issues and you can then click each to see whether it was reviewed). We also wrote an article explaining why people should check out Thor: God of Thunder! You can see that here.

Ok Tanks i saw all the reviews, but not the article, i apologize for the wrong assumptions, thought you guys would know what happen to Blake, his connection to Thor was broken after Thor dead in Fear Itself, and Fraction get rid of him with a silly story line (for me) with the Enchantress, Fraction run started in 2011 when Thor the movie was released, and this was made to the version of Thor in comics be more accurate to the MCU version where Blake doesn't exist.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gp3: In our defense, or at least my own, there is a lot about FEAR ITSELF I'm trying to block out. And just a note, just because we don't review a book, doesn't mean we're not reading it. I usually spend about $100-$125 a week on comics.

Gp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@gp3: In our defense, or at least my own, there is a lot about FEAR ITSELF I'm trying to block out. And just a note, just because we don't review a book, doesn't mean we're not reading it. I usually spend about $100-$125 a week on comics.

Ok i apologize again, and in first place it was selfish from me to want that others also read all Thor runs, since others like you mentioned read a lot of books from marvel and dc and I only read Asgard stuff, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Fist.

I hate FEAR ITSELF and ORIGINAL SIN, but both are canon, it was a very bad assumption that you guys only were reading Thor right now, by in my defense that assumption also was formed because you are making your reviews of Female Thor book like there isn't Thor character comics past, guess that is the way you do your reviews or like i said above you are giving the benefit of the doubt to Aaron, for me is different when i read a Thor comic i think in his comics mythology formed in the past runs, if other characters weren't Thor and their physiology weren't changed when worthy of Mjolnir, why is she called Thor and Blonde? For me the normal canon worthy Loki In Axis events that are after unworthy Thor make Aaron lose the benefit of the doubt, but like i said this is just my vision, i also understand that is very subjective to know what is acceptable in comics.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Channing Tatum can't act. He has actually said it himself a bunch of times in interviews that he isn't a good actors and most of his career comes from his looks. He actually said that.

Well then he's a liar, because he's a great actor. His comic timing (something not easy to do) is great in the Jump Street films, and he delivers an outstanding performance in Foxcatcher. Don't be one of those people that just hates him for his looks. The dude (especially after Foxcatcher) is going places.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Can't tell you have amazing it is to be back on this site and listen to your podcasts. It's like an amazing kind of nostalgia even if I've only been gone for six months.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: You don't need timing in a movie, that's what directors are for. I don't hate him for his looks, I just think he's a bad actor which he is.

John_Mayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man

What is the image you used for the podcast from?

Looks like The Hellfire Club.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@drellassassin: I, for one, agree with you about Channing Tatum. There was a time that I really didn't like him simply because I thought he was just eye candy that was getting by in Hollywood with little talent. Then I watched some of his movies and realized how much of a jackass I was for judging a guy I'd barely seen in anything. He is fantastic and if he said he couldn't act then I am quite confident it was just a joke. People that refuse to see his talent are doing themselves a disservice imo. He has become one of my favorite actors.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@drellassassin: You don't need timing in a movie, that's what directors are for. I don't hate him for his looks, I just think he's a bad actor which he is.

Seriously? Comic timing is everything in comedies, and the actors and the way they deliver their lines are essential that. And obviously you haven't seen Foxcatcher.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Zeeguy91

@inferiorego thinks that the Ant-Man trailer looks like a "formulaic piece of poop"? Well, sorry to break it to you, bud, but welcome to most Marvel Studios movies.

@g_man

What is the image you used for the podcast from?

Looks like The Hellfire Club.

Its from the most recent issue of Amazing Spider-Man. Didn't read it, though, so I can't tell you what's in it.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Channing Tatum = an actor. End of story. It's not like Hugh Jackman's ability to portray Wolverine helped any of his solo movies (meaning they sucked for different reasons). I think the focus should be put on the people making the movie and not the actors. Chances are strong that if smart, passionate people are making the film they'll cast the roles appropriately. They also won't use terrible scripts or garbage effects. We may feel like we have a lot to lose if it turns out to be a bomb, but they're the one's investing money in it. That being said I've stopped hoping for anything good when it comes to X-Men movies. The shock of a terrible X-Men movie wore off after Wolverine Origins. Now it's just par for the course.

Anyway, that's my rant. But thank you podcasters for the after-school special on bullying. Remember, knowing is half the battle. Of course it's the other half of the battle, doing something about it, that's actually hard. I've always thought that any Anti-Bullying messages were meant for the people being bullied. As a way of encouraging them to get through it without doing anything violent. It might also find kids who don't realize they're bullies and maybe curb their behavior but anyone who actively tries to make themselves feel better by making other people feel worse will probably not care about the messages in a Marvel comic or a tv add. As discussed they usually have other issues and it's not usually possible for the person being bullied to solve the bullies issues for them. Anyway, it's a cycle of pain and a downward spiral for anyone involved and all you can realistically hope for is good enough friends to help you get through it.