00:00:00
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FearTheLiving

That scratching makes this podcast unbearable. I have sensitive ears. So in other words thanks for making them bleed Matt...

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Not sure why it's making the image huge.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@feartheliving: lol When I posted one of my list with some images, it also made them huge. I was like what the hell?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

:D A comment I made was mentioned in this podcast. :) That makes me happy.

The current theory I'm trying to piece together is that Black Cats is behaving the way she is because Black Cats are connected to the Spiders in all of those weird webs of fate sorta things. In the first issue of Spider-verse Felicia Hardy Noir stole the blood of Spider-Man Noir at the end, so it makes me wonder if they will revealed some kind of big web of fate sorta thing with her character.

That or maybe Cindy Moon's weird effect on Peter to be really into her is also causing all of the women who like Peter to start acting the reverse of it... like if Cindy sees MJ and Peter together maybe it will make MJ start to hate Peter. Idk just some thoughts. Or her power could be based off Peter's emotions and making Cat into a jerk because Peter cares for her. Hell maybe Peter has sorta sucked recently because her power is making him more dependent on her.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I always listen until time runs out

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Snyder on Monday, you guys really put the jam in PB&J.

Also looking forward to Marvel Infinity ... just pre-ordered for a free figure. Captain America, who else.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want Damian to stay dead. I never liked him!

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just got up to date with United States of Murder inc really enjoyed it.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

:D A comment I made was mentioned in this podcast. :) That makes me happy.

The current theory I'm trying to piece together is that Black Cats is behaving the way she is because Black Cats are connected to the Spiders in all of those weird webs of fate sorta things. In the first issue of Spider-verse Felicia Hardy Noir stole the blood of Spider-Man Noir at the end, so it makes me wonder if they will revealed some kind of big web of fate sorta thing with her character.

That or maybe Cindy Moon's weird effect on Peter to be really into her is also causing all of the women who like Peter to start acting the reverse of it... like if Cindy sees MJ and Peter together maybe it will make MJ start to hate Peter. Idk just some thoughts. Or her power could be based off Peter's emotions and making Cat into a jerk because Peter cares for her. Hell maybe Peter has sorta sucked recently because her power is making him more dependent on her.

I can answer that question:

I believe that Dr. Tramma's nanites have altered Felicia's memories by overriding them with a program of the persona of Catwoman, whose a Thief that lives the social life with her ill-gotten gains. There have been a lot of complaints that Black Cat in recent years has acted more an more like DC's Catwoman. The mind change by Dr. Tramma might be responsible.

Let's remember that during the whole OMD/OMIT saga, Felicia was still her Pre-OMD self, even if she might not have her memories of Peter as Spider-Man. She was also a respective member of Heroes for Hire and had her own detective agency and security business. But once she got her bad luck powers restored by Dr. Tramma, all of that changed. Why was that? There is evidence to support my claim that Felicia's mind and past memories was retconned by Dr. Tramma. This would also explain why she said that her relationship with Flash Thompson only lasted a few seconds, while her relationship with Puma ended because of control issues, which were not true as he was loyal to her. This proves beyond a doubt that the Felicia that we have read about post BND to now was created by Dr. Tramma in the form of Superior Black Cat(aka Catwoman Felicia)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack

@darthfury78: When did she have her powers restored? It was after her run on heroes for hire?

I think my theory is more plausible since yours has a big hole in it since she was trying to become an Avengers in Big Time.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

rhymes with wine

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By feedonatreefrog

Regarding Future's End, there'll undoubtedly be a Crisis/time-travel/continuity-altering event in 2015, so of course those future's aren't set in stone and probably won't come to pass. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy them as one-shots though.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthfury78
@teerack said:

@darthfury78: When did she have her powers restored? It was after her run on heroes for hire?

I think my theory is more plausible since yours has a big hole in it since she was trying to become an Avengers in Big Time.

Read the Joe Kelly issues of Spider-Man issue 606, which is the Dr. Tramma/Mr. Negative arc. She was stealing a lot of things, and had become more like Catwoman after that story arc where she got back her Bad Luck powers. In my opinion, Felicia was using Spider-Man to get him to recommend her for the team, in hopes of stealing anything of value to sell to the highest bidder. During her Heroes for Hire run, I don't believe that she was stealing as she was trying to be more of a hero who would only steal for those would would pay her to do so. She even had her own private detective agency during that time. So why would she become a criminal once again when she all of that going for her? While you may claim that my story has a hole, why not read the Joe Kelly issues of Amazing Spider-Man for yourself. Afterall, when was the last time a liar provides proof to his story?

Here is a link that might interest you:

Dr. Tramma

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of Hawkeye #20 Aja has only done 10 of those issues, less if you take Annie Wu's pages from #8 into account. Stop making excuses for the book, the only reason Kate split & went to L.A was so that Aja would have 2 months to complete each issue, #19 took him 6 months so we got the crappy animated cartoon issue. Otherwise loving the podcast...great stuff.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Read the Joe Kelly issues of Spider-Man issue 606, which is the Dr. Tramma/Mr. Negative arc. She was stealing a lot of things, and had become more like Catwoman after that story arc where she got back her Bad Luck powers. In my opinion, Felicia was using Spider-Man to get him to recommend her for the team, in hopes of stealing anything of value to sell to the highest bidder. During her Heroes for Hire run, I don't believe that she was stealing as she was trying to be more of a hero who would only steal for those would would pay her to do so. She even had her own private detective agency during that time. So why would she become a criminal once again when she all of that going for her? While you may claim that my story has a hole, why not read the Joe Kelly issues of Amazing Spider-Man for yourself. Afterall, when was the last time a liar provides proof to his story?

Here is a link that might interest you:

Dr. Tramma

I've read it it's just been a few years in 606. I hope if Sony is making a Black Cat movie the main villain is Mr. Negative.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@g_man I listen all the way to the end. Actually I really like the pre-intro and post-outro segments.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

As of Hawkeye #20 Aja has only done 10 of those issues, less if you take Annie Wu's pages from #8 into account. Stop making excuses for the book, the only reason Kate split & went to L.A was so that Aja would have 2 months to complete each issue, #19 took him 6 months so we got the crappy animated cartoon issue. Otherwise loving the podcast...great stuff.

I know right? I love AJA but c'mon. How can one artist take 2-6 months to do just one issue? It's spitting in the face to all the artists that put out amazing art and have to do it before their deadline.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@rac_shade said:

I know right? I love AJA but c'mon. How can one artist take 2-6 months to do just one issue? It's spitting in the face to all the artists that put out amazing art and have to do it before their deadline.

Has it been said the delays were the art? There could be other factors. I don't like to assume anything.

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:
@madeinbangladesh said:

@rac_shade said:

Has it been said the delays were the art? There could be other factors. I don't like to assume anything.

I have heard it mentioned on several occasions that Aja is good for 3 or 4 issues a year, Hawkeye gives those statements some credence. From a design point of view the "Pizza Dog" issue & the "Signing" issue were also time consuming & ultimately added to the lengthy delays. Delays that have hurt the book & can thus be seen as unneeded errors of judgement IMO.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@g_man said:
@madeinbangladesh said:

@rac_shade said:

I have heard it mentioned on several occasions that Aja is good for 3 or 4 issues a year, Hawkeye gives those statements some credence. From a design point of view the "Pizza Dog" issue & the "Signing" issue were also time consuming & ultimately added to the lengthy delays. Delays that have hurt the book & can thus be seen as unneeded errors of judgement IMO.

I have a hard time justifying the long delays due to design since Steve Lieber (whose style is sort of similar to Aja's, and he also worked a bit on Hawkeye) does similarly complex layouts on Superior Foes and hasn't had an issue getting the book out like Aja.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Lvenger

Shame I'm allergic to nuts. My family tell me it's really nice. I got hungry hearing Matt eating his sandwich this morning. And since you guys on the Podcast are obviously impartial to comment on certain things, which is a good thing I don't doubt that, I think the obvious culprit for the delays of Superman Unchained and Hawkeye are the artists. I hear Aja can take a long time putting pages into print and Jim Lee is renowned for turning in late art at DC. It's practically a tradition for him, look at the unfinished All Star Batman and Robin. Still, I love what Snyder and Lee are doing in Superman Unchained so I can wait.

Also, Scott Snyder on The Invincibly Super Massive Podcast? I don't normally listen to that but count me in this time round! I'll see if I can think of some questions for that or next week's podcast. Great job again guys, keep up the good work!

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rac_shade

@drellassassin said:
@rac_shade said:

@g_man said:
@madeinbangladesh said:

@rac_shade said:

I have a hard time justifying the long delays due to design since Steve Lieber (whose style is sort of similar to Aja's, and he also worked a bit on Hawkeye) does similarly complex layouts on Superior Foes and hasn't had an issue getting the book out like Aja.

While there are similarities with their art, there is nothing as complicated in Superior Foes as those 2 issues of Hawkeye . My guess is that Steve Lieber is more interested in getting his (fantastic) comic out & pleasing his readers than Aja, whose main goal seems to be showing off no matter how long it takes. #19 took a ton of research & work but was too clever for it's own good, ultimately being another disappointing issue which added nothing to a story that has gone nowhere since Grills death....that's way back in #9!!!!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Oh man, how have I not seen The Raid 2 yet???? Here's a good question, which is better; The Raid or Ong Bak?

Personally, I prefer some comedy with my martial arts movies so I'll always put Ong Bak on top. Plus the beginning of the Ong Bak trailer is so unintentionally funny.

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: I can't speak for Ong Bak because it has been on my to watch list for some time, but the Raid 2 is even better than the first one. The movie has a character named hammer girl and her brother is baseball bat man, they do exactly what you expect them to do with those names.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@d9000: I can't speak for Ong Bak because it has been on my to watch list for some time, but the Raid 2 is even better than the first one. The movie has a character named hammer girl and her brother is baseball bat man, they do exactly what you expect them to do with those names.

Lol, so that means that she's a construction worker and he plays in the MLB? They really do change things up in this sequel! JK. It's good to hear that Raid 2 is a succesful sequel, Ong Bak's sequels were... well, not exactly what I was hoping for (though the action sequences were still great). I'm definitely watching it SOON!!!

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers