00:00:00
Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Man you guys have really been pumping these out. Since it looks like you guys are going to be talking about TV series I feel like it's very appropriate I post This Remember people, if we act now we can still make a huge difference, don't let this chance pass you by.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2  Edited By TobenRacicot

This always makes my week. I don't know if is talked about but i tweeted out my tumblr of my comic company to everyone. You guys can check it out here.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Anybody want to do a solid and post the time when the actual comic talk begins? I really don't have time to listen to an hour of tv show discussion and repeating the news I've already read here all week. I don't really care that it's there, just looking for an easy way to skip through it.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Woooooo!!! Also loving the talks about news and tv shows.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@madeinbangladesh: maybe it's a strange coincidence but we've actually had about a 16% increase in the number of downloads. So that's pretty great so far.

Avatar image for barstoolprophet
BarstoolProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really gotten to a point where I look forward to these, regardless of what you guys are talking about....whether it's television and films (which are generally comic book related, with the odd twin peaks reference;)), the week's comics, obscure musical references, or just goofing around, it's all enjoyable, so thanks! It seems to me that you always take at least some time to answer questions, too, though I suppose there could be more. You could potentially sprinkle questions in throughout the podcast (if the subject comes up organically through the talk), though I suppose that might require some sort of preparation and "structure" to the podcast, which might take away from the random tangent goodness;)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@madeinbangladesh: maybe it's a strange coincidence but we've actually had about a 16% increase in the number of downloads. So that's pretty great so far.

awesome!! Now can we also get missJ to join the podcast every week? And is there a possibility Sara might come back as guest maybe for week or two?

Avatar image for fivestarsforallcomicsever
fivestarsforallcomicsever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what's worse than people complaining on the internet? Listening to a podcast where people complain about people complaining on the internet. The first hour of the show for the last few weeks has involved a news item followed by the complaints about the complaints online. It's a difference of opinion, no matter how well informed. Tony dislikes the character of Morlun, Corey likes him. Matt has a small affinity for superheroes. These are valid opinions. People are skeptical about the upcoming events from Marvel and DC? That's valid probably because they haven't enjoyed the recent events. People dislike the Star Wars title? That's because they had such a poor experience with the last three films. Very few people are as optimistic and forgiving as the Comic Vine reviewers. And no, Corey, people aren't actively negative to show sophistication. They're voicing their opinion because they don't like the direction some media has been going. That's just as valid as... well giving 1 comic a 3/5 this week and the rest 4s and 5s.

Manute117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Manute117

Matt be hating on Gotham.. You sound like Tony about MOS..

Very good listen

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

You know what's worse than people complaining on the internet? Listening to a podcast where people complain about people complaining on the internet. The first hour of the show for the last few weeks has involved a news item followed by the complaints about the complaints online. It's a difference of opinion, no matter how well informed. Tony dislikes the character of Morlun, Corey likes him. Matt has a small affinity for superheroes. These are valid opinions. People are skeptical about the upcoming events from Marvel and DC? That's valid probably because they haven't enjoyed the recent events. People dislike the Star Wars title? That's because they had such a poor experience with the last three films. Very few people are as optimistic and forgiving as the Comic Vine reviewers. And no, Corey, people aren't actively negative to show sophistication. They're voicing their opinion because they don't like the direction some media has been going. That's just as valid as... well giving 1 comic a 3/5 this week and the rest 4s and 5s.

I love the comicvine podcast. I really do but this is a point I have been holding off on voicing for a while now. I don't want to sound ungrateful or sound like a whiny jerk on the internet but it does actually bother me how much time is spent complaining about people complaining on the internet. I think their sentiment about an overly negative atmosphere on the internet is absolutely true. There are a lot of mindless trolls looking to suck the fun out of everything BUT complaining about people who voice their opinions is off-putting.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Lol. I'm aware. That is why I didn't want to bring it up at all. I'm being a hypocrite by doing so but I think it is a point that needs to be made.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manute117: Well Matt is the resident hater, he doesn't like it when anyone brings it up though or calls him out, it hurts his feelings.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig: @manute117: Well Matt is the resident hater, he doesn't like it when anyone brings it up though or calls him out, it hurts his feelings.

finally someone who i can agree with!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#17 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Very good listen

@manute117: Well Matt is the resident hater, he doesn't like it when anyone brings it up though or calls him out, it hurts his feelings.

Mat has the most positive opinion about Gotham out of all the Comic Vine staff and even gave the latest episode a 5-star review. You're free to disagree with us about, well, whatever you want to, but implying he hates or even dislikes Gotham just isn't true.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@manute117 said:

Very good listen

@starbrand1 said:

Mat has the most positive opinion about Gotham out of all the Comic Vine staff and even gave the latest episode a 5-star review. You're free to disagree with us about, well, whatever you want to, but implying he hates or even dislikes Gotham just isn't true.

Don't let the facts get in the way of senseless generalizations, Katzman.

Avatar image for xescapetheliesx
XescapetheliesX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This podcast has really turned into a weekly marvel ass kissing. Lead by tony who obviously is biased, every week is how great agents of shield is and how we should look past it's flaws followed by nit picking Gotham to death.

Then an hour of how great and brilliant marvels books are and how boring dc's are.

I've listened to this show for a long time but lately it just seems like the marvel bias has been taken to a new level

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrand1: I don't agree about Mat being the resident hater. Not really sure what you even mean by that. I love all the guys on the CV podcast. I just think they fall into the trap of being too worried about people's opinions on the internet (I realize this is somewhat self defeating as I am just a guy giving my opinion on the internet). There are two types of people they seem to take issue with every week: 1) trolls who shouldn't be acknowledged anyway and 2) people with different opinions who have every right to that opinion. There is a large portion of internet fandom that simply spew hate and there are a lot of people who state perfectly valid opinions but do so in a way that seems unnecessarily dismissive. Both of these things can be annoying but letting them get to you to the point that the guys bring it up on every new episode of the podcast isn't actually helping. If anything it empowers these people because they know they have made some sort of impact. That is the point I'm trying to make.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By DrellAssassin

Mat, that "ha!" was pulled from one of the episodes several weeks ago where Corey was absent. And yes, you were impersonating his trademark "ha!". Great cast as usual guys.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Sweet, two questions in one pod. I'm on Cloud Nine!

And for my Two Cents, I really like the extended news segments on the show. If anyone has a problem with it just keep in mind that when there isn't a ton of news to talk about, like huge movie or event announcements, there won't be as much of a news segment. But if there's something to talk about, I wanna hear about it. Hwaau!

King_Drama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think keep the poddies as long as possible.

H

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@liveforever said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@manute117 said:

Very good listen

@starbrand1 said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of senseless generalizations, Katzman.

Don't worry about Starbrand. He like to get mad at everything I say and flips out.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: I think it's more about what our take is on it. I often get a ton of questions asking what we thought about announcement X. When we report on the site, we tend to be more straight with just the facts in order to make the announcement timely instead of us editorializing it. So for those saying we're just covering news we're posting, yes and no. We also don't cover every single tidbit. Glad you're liking the different format.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I love how you've added a large news segment onto the podcast as I enjoy listening to your opinions on recent announcements.

As for the complaining about complaining, although they do mention it almost every week it is usually brought up in a light-hearted fashion so it doesn't bother me too much. The fact that they mention it for about 5 minutes maximum over the course of a 2 and a half hour podcast also doesn't make it as bad.

Once again great image Tony :'D I look forward to next week's show!

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kantrip

@g_man@undeadpool

About the Marvel U not having any Secret Identities. Ms. Marvel should be added to that list. So Spidey, Caine, The New Thor, Nova, Moon Knight (maybe?) and Ms. Marvel.

I can't think of any others though.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kantrip: It's probably just a matter of time. I mean Kamala wears a Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel jacket most of the time, right? Sam let his little sister know he's Nova. She's bound to blab it on the playground sooner or later. I'm not sure about Moon Knight. With Bendis' run, he had that reality show or whatever he was producing based on his life. Maybe Falcon? Doe people know Sam Wilson was Falcon? They shouldn't necessarily know he's Cap now. SHIELD and the Avengers might but that doesn't mean the populace does. Hmmm.

WaffleSock50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was wondering, where do we post our questions?

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I was wondering, where do we post our questions?

Email to podcast@comicvine.com

WaffleSock50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers