TOny gets A- at photoshop!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Was it explained why Hippolyta was still a statue in this issue of Wonder Woman?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Yes agree with this podcast. Marvel does good job with light fun goofy comic. How I wish DC publish fun and goofy comic series like Captain Carrot, Ambush Bug etc... not everything related comic series is Serious.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@boynerdgeek: They do, they make that Harley Quinn series. I don't read it but from what I have seen it's goofy.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@captainmarvel4ever: not sure I can consider Harley...yeah perhaps, but I'm sure the Squirrel Girl book will love by adults and kids

My fav fun goofy comics of all time is Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen especially written by Otto Binder (before Jack Kirby take over the book). How I wish DC will publish that book again (I doubt it)

Worth mention : Yes I LOVE Jack Kirby Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen comics series. It is great comics and it introduce alot great stuff for example Fourth World Saga etc but...because of that, Jimmy Olsen start become side character, his popularity drop and Jimmy start become Jimmy the modern era as we know today not the Jimmy Olsen that I love

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: I'd actually love a Jimmy Olsen series myself. Personally, what I would do is A. let Jimmy know Superman is Clark Kent, and B. I'd give Jimmy the Hero Dial, that way we could still have tons of crazy Silver Age style adventures with him.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

"Say Anything" is one of my favorite movies and I don't care what anybody says about that Lloyd Dobbler for life!

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Zeeguy91

@inferiorego: Man, I totally feel your pain about Wonder Woman #36. I LOVED Azzarello's run. But even if I didn't, I would still think this issue was terrible. The pacing was all over the place, the dialogue was clunky, and her characterization seemed way off. I'm gonna give it a fair shot, but man, this issue does not give me much confidence.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

@inferiorego: Man, I totally feel your pain about Wonder Woman #36. I LOVED Azzarello's run. But even if I didn't, I would still think this issue was terrible. The pacing was all over the place, the dialogue was clunky, and her characterization seemed way off. I'm gonna give it a fair shot, but man, this issue does not give me much confidence.

I'm going to give it a few more issues too, after all (as far as I know) it was Meredith Finch's first time writing a comic, so I'm willing to give her a few issues to see if she can fit in better and get into the swing of things. I decided to give John Romita Jr. some time to get use to drawing Superman, and it really payed off. Plus it is Wonder Woman and regardless of who's writing her, I still get some enjoyment from reading her book.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By timelord

Convergence seems like a filler event for when DC move their offices. It looks like I will skip it as it dosen't seem necessary.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord: That is what it is, it even says so in the press release DC sent out.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

HOW DARE YOU KOREY!?!?!?!?!? Gail Simone's Bagirl was awesome!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is Tony's left arm coming from?

HE'S A TRANSFORMER!

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@captainmarvel4ever: : Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, got screwed over as hard as Jimmy Olsen. Straight up, he is/was among the greatest sidekick of all time imo

For me, no other character defines the abject craziness of the Silver Age more than Jimmy. he didn’t even really have super powers,he was just a dude who knew Superman, and because of that he got a fan club, trips to the future and the past, go to the space, become vigilante name flamebird alongside Superman (which become Nightwing) etc

he was the ULTIMATE in wish fulfillment characters for kids. I don’t think anything so perfectly communicated that in the modern era as All Star Superman #4. Oh man. Doomsday Jimmy Olsen was the missing piece that I never knew my life needed until I saw it.

Also, I think it’s important to note that when Jack Kirby went to DC, they gave him not Superman, but Jimmy Olsen to work with. Of course, that was more because Kirby told them he’d take their worst-selling book and make it their best (which he did), and I guess that says more about Kirby than Olsen. But still!

I’d seriously … well, I’d do something reprehensible to get Grant Morrison on an ongoing Jimmy Olsen book

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Also Grant Morrison-Frank Quitely is probably among best duo creative team writer/artist of all team. OMG Multiversity Pax Americana and All Star Superman prove that

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree on Teen Titans Earth One. Yup we don't really need Superman and Batman Earth One (because both are over expose and story is meh)

Hope Wonder Woman Earth One is good

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Yup Imagine after "cancel" Fantastic Four, Marvel relaunch Fantastic Four #1 one month later

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup Imagine after "cancel" Fantastic Four, Marvel relaunch Fantastic Four #1 one month later

Probably not one month...I'll give it three.

Anyway, great podcast guys!

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Still listening!

- DD

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Just because a series will come back does not mean it wasn't "cancelled." Obviously, there are some scenarios where a book is simply "relaunched" from the get go but if we used the logic Tony is applying here then almost no book would ever be cancelled because at some point there will likely be a new volume. Still, I see what you mean and I am quite confident that the Fantastic Four will get a new series sooner rather than later. Plus, the Marvel is trying to screw over Fox theory is really dumb.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#38 inferiorego  Staff
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By d9000

Speaking of Highlander. Did anyone see this awesome movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465657/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465657/

On a separate note, as someone who's been enjoying Gotham so far I would love to see the Flying Graysons on the show. Ideally they would leave baby Robin out of it and focus on his parents and the circus. I mean, it's a fair assumption that his parents were probably pretty cool and had their own drama before he was born. Maybe the circus was evil until they helped clean things up? I don't know but I'd like to see that.