gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided
This week we talk to Ruwan Jayatilleke, the Senior Vice President of Development and Planning for Print, Animation and Digital Media (and producer for the Iron Man Extremis motion comic).

Then we talk about this week's comic news, including digital comics vs. printed comics (and the effect on comic shops), the X-Men and vampires, X-Men: First Class, Taskmaster and other minor characters getting movies, Batman and Spidey villains and the next Warner Bros. movie franchises.  

Listen and/or download it now.
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I haven't finished the podcast yet, but I did get to where you discussed the digital comics and the printed comic coming out on the same day. I don't know if it's a different situation, but Marvel Digital Comics has been releasing comics before they are even printed, and that's for your regular dues (which comes out to like $5 a month or something).  

Example: 

I can read Amazing Spider-Man #634 right now with my digital subscription. It was released last Wednesday, the 9th. The actual printed comic doesn't come out until this Wednesday, the 16th.  

This isn't always the case, but I think it's just the beginning of a new era of comic media.