Comic Vine Podast 10/16/09 (Avengers, Megan Fox, Rambo & More)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
It's Friday so let's try to get back on schedule with our weekly podcast.  Since we've been a little off with all the crazy things that have been going on, we gave you a slightly longer listen this week.  

What did we have to talk about?  We talked a little about Jon Favreau & the Avengers movie, could Megan Fox fix motorcycles, Spawn, That 70s Spider-Man, purple pants on scientists, Rambo and Whitney Houston's "The Bodyguard."  All that and an extended outro of the CV theme song.

Let us know what you think.  Also send me any questions you'd like us to address on the next podcast.

www.comicvine.com/podcast
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

Woo-Hoo!  Its Podcast time, its Podcast time, Podcast time on ComicVine. 
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Agent Buttons

Cool :)
crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By crazywolf

Ah! I'm overdue for my podcast fix.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ComicCrazy

Hey guys thanks for showing us the extended outro it was really cool.
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
@ComicCrazy: And that wasn't even the whole thing. I believe there was still a couple minutes left. 
Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dr. Detfink

There is an odd nerd backlash when it comes to Megan Fox. I think Megan Fox was given way too hard of a time by the fan boys. She's not fond of all the beauty comparisons. She also doesn't get enough credit for pissing Michael Bay off by saying, "Transformers didn't require a whole lot of acting.." Most Honest opinion ever. 

I thought Shia didn't break his hand during the filming. If memory serves, he broke his hand when he rammed his car into a pole, while drunk like a skunk. Bay was pissed because he needed surgery that could have delayed the movie.

G-man was fortunate for having fallen asleep during Revenge of the Fallen. It was just a mess of a movie. From Sam's mom getting high, dogs humping, obnoxious college roommates, Scottish farting transformer, and indistinguishable decepticons in the desert scene,

I know Bay loves to poke fun @ African American stereotypes (ie token raving diarrhea at the mouth black person) but he went too far with the Gold tooth and gangsta ebonic-bots. But that didn't irritate me so much as the meat shop worker that was saving up money to fix his teeth. Just terrible.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
@Dr. Detfink said:
"I know Bay loves to poke fun @ African American stereotypes (ie token raving diarrhea at the mouth black person) but he went too far with the Gold tooth and gangsta ebonic-bots. But that didn't irritate me so much as the meat shop worker that was saving up money to fix his teeth. Just terrible. "
I had wondered about exactly that when I was watching Transformers 2 also.  Was there any backlash for those stereotypes, If there was I was out of the loop on hearing about it.
Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Dr. Detfink
@Red L.A.M.P.: There were definitely movie critics and media blog sites that criticized the film for its dumb mistakes but as far as I know there was no serious animosity that drew the attention of the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, or Al Sharpton.