• 71 results
batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By batmannflash

Orion has made frequent appearances in Wonder Woman and Superman (especially the former) and will probably get a bigger role as the Wonder Woman series introduces New Genesis and the such.

Anyways, I think Orion is a overlooked character and I would love for him to get his own series in the New 52 so they could show Darkseid, Apokolips, New Genesis, and the New Gods.

Here are some scans:

No Caption Provided

Astro harness racing against Hermes. It is implied that Orion can find anyone as long as he has that person's DNA.

No Caption Provided

'Nuff said.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Taking on the First Born
Taking on the First Born
No Caption Provided

Lifting a huge ship in a fight with Superman.

No Caption Provided

Displaying hope/comfort.

No Caption Provided

Orion has guts (slapping Diana's ass)

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought Orion had a jagged face like Darkseid?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novarichrider: I honestly don't know too much about Orion and I'm interested in knowing more about him. But I believe, like Darkseid, he's prone to bursts of intense rage. However, he can't control it as well like Darkseid. The mother box calms him down and I guess "smooths" out his face.

This is him pissed off. Note the jagged face like Darkseid.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice feats. But I seriously dislike Orion's new personality.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Actually kinda like him. A young powerful pompous god, lots of character potential. make him a deeper character. His rage should be highglighted...

But I do prefer the old dog of war

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEADPOOL

I like his new personality, it's more relatable. The new and old versions both seem to be dedicated soldiers and have anger problems, but the new Orion seems less on edge all the time. I do still get that "Dog of War" vibe from him, especially during his fight with First Born... he just has a furious savagery in the way he fights, he was like a shark that caught the sent of blood.

Also, I have the impression that he's supposed to be a contrast to Superman. I almost get a boyscout vs. badboy feel going on. The new Orion definitely has the space-biker thing going for him too.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpool: You're so correct about the contrast to Superman. That is why I do like his new personality. I hope they show more of him in Wonder Woman so I can post more scans here. This is likely because they just introduced New Genesis.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEADPOOL

@batmannflash said:

@deadpool: You're so correct about the contrast to Superman. That is why I do like his new personality. I hope they show more of him in Wonder Woman so I can post more scans here. This is likely because they just introduced New Genesis.

Hopefully he'll be a recurring character in her series, along with other New Gods, considering the theme of her series.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs a solo series. More depth in him and more feats and more stories... Simonson's run was fantastic. Great story and plot!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliustakalua: I agree! He needs a solo series!

WW #22 scans:

More scans from Wonder Woman #22.

Orion formulating a plan against Highfather's orders in order to do the right thing
Orion formulating a plan against Highfather's orders in order to do the right thing
Orion showing off his strength
Orion showing off his strength
Great character depth and controlling his anger
Great character depth and controlling his anger

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just noticed, I only put one scan from the Orion vs Superman fight.

Punching Superman, ORION STOMPS HIM
Punching Superman, ORION STOMPS HIM
Durability against huge fall and punch from Superman, then sends Clark flying
Durability against huge fall and punch from Superman, then sends Clark flying
No Caption Provided
looking pretty much untouched from Superman's intense heat vision
looking pretty much untouched from Superman's intense heat vision
Mother box is able to erase secrets Hammond has discovered, and set safe guards in Superman's mind. Could this be giving Superman strong resistances towards psychics like Martian Manhunter? maybe.
Mother box is able to erase secrets Hammond has discovered, and set safe guards in Superman's mind. Could this be giving Superman strong resistances towards psychics like Martian Manhunter? maybe.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deducing that Hammond's mind is possessing Superman
Deducing that Hammond's mind is possessing Superman
sneaks up on Superman! and...
sneaks up on Superman! and...
...throws him into the river!
...throws him into the river!
Looking cool as hell!!
Looking cool as hell!!

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone is doing a new gods ongoing... IT HAS TO BE DRAWN BY ROCAFORT... holy shit he's amazing.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like everything about this version of Orion except for the sexist part of him. Other than that he doesnt seem that different from the old version.

Quick to Anger

Godly strong

uses that flying scooter thing to fly

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

I like everything about this version of Orion except for the sexist part of him. Other than that he doesnt seem that different from the old version.

Quick to Anger

Godly strong

True. This one though has a bit more of a sense of humor, which makes me feel a little more relatable to him. The old one was very... militant. This one still is, but he marches to a different drum.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the new version

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: I like the sexist part. It's kinda funny. Seems like he ain't so perfect like he was before. HATED JLA version of Orion... THat guy was no smart at all..

Hope Mark Waid, Morrison, or the guys writing Hawkeye or DareDevil come to DC and write a good ORion story.

Keep all the awesome past feats and intelligence with the new attitude and we have the ultimate badass cool looking and interesting warrior god of New Genesis!!!

I'd like to see him vulnerable to HIS own powers. Astro Force and his rage are too much for Orion to control. He also seem tohave a pretty interesting relationship with Highfather. Highfather has a special care for him. Kinda cold but also trying to teach Orion something. Like when he said "do not apologise to me my son" or sth when Orion disobeyed HighFather, it was like as if HF wanted Orion to do it.

And an Orion series needs Lightray, a bridge to Earth 2 (Scott Free and Barda are there), and possible a new Apokolips god who is a major threat to Orion and his Earthling associates. Would also like to see him in Justice League and see him have some romantic shit going on with an olympian goddess or sth to make things really interesting. Wonder Woman should not be a skamp and it'd be weird if they both go for it in WW series. Maybe Orion and Athena decides to be fuck buddies who knows. Make the New Gods relevant and awesome in New 52 DC!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batmannflash

If anyone is doing a new gods ongoing... IT HAS TO BE DRAWN BY ROCAFORT... holy shit he's amazing.

Yes I've been hoping for a New Gods ongoing for a long time. They could have a team of Mister Miracle, Big Barda, and Orion. And yes, Rocafort should do it. I also wouldn't mind Cliff Chiang (who does Wonder Woman) but Rocafort would be amazing.

@degraaf said:

Quick to Anger

Godly strong

I think this Orion is more entertaining. The sexist part is honestly funny and makes him more fun to read about.

I will post more scans of Orion tomorrow, since Wonder Woman 23 is coming out. I hope they have notable Orion scenes I can add

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliustakalua: @degraaf: @juliustakalua: I don't really think Orion is sexist, he's just a flirt with his sexual innuendos. If anything, the Amazons are sexist! And this is a funny scan haha

No Caption Provided

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: ww 23 came out and orion got his new god ass kicked.... Pretty low showing IMO. aren't new gods all multiversal? old orion would have laughed the shit out of first born's attacks then beat him up with his divine rage.

btw, orion was pretty damn invulnerable when he fought superman. I believe superman showed a lot of great showings in new 52 but orion nonetheless laughed superman's punches off and pulped him as well.... so why such a shit show against first born?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batmannflash

@juliustakalua: Yeah I was a little disappointed in Orion in this issue. Well First Born did beat Wonder Woman despite her being in "god-mode," so he's pretty dang powerful. Considering how easily he hurt Orion and Wonder Woman, he's probably stronger than Superman. He is the first born of Zeus!

Wonder Woman 23. I realize that this is an Orion respect thread, but man, War is awesome! Most portrayals of War have him evil. This series does a great job of making likable characters. I really cared for Lennox, and now I care for War. Rest in peace.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Powerful slam on First Born
Powerful slam on First Born
Putting up a good fight against the First Born, until he gets pummeled. Kinda stupid since Orion's more durable than this
Putting up a good fight against the First Born, until he gets pummeled. Kinda stupid since Orion's more durable than this

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Yea but dude, you gotta consider that Orion can take a planet sized hit and can kinda shrug that off. (maybe not, but he's durable and invulnerable enough to take that hit) but he gets canned by a piece of block. Not enough pages in WW IMO. Should have made the fights longer. It was friggin short as hell! Orion gets whooped, star character gets whooped (after her godmode which was sick then just got funny cus she got pwned righted after godmonde).

Maybe it's just me but it should be Orion>>First Born. Just because, you know, he's the son of Darkseid, scion of HF, divine rage (that gives him immense strength in fights), fury of The Source (Astro Force) .... I'd love to see the New Gods portrayed well in this new chapter for DC. It's been established that they're multiversal in the past and in the New 52 when Izaya said he traveled universes for a millennia... So show that ya know?

here's to hoping for an awesome Orion series that might come up

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2011/01/vodka-shot.jpg (<<<<A lame photo of a shot)

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By batmannflash

@juliustakalua: yah. They just needed Wonder Woman and War to shine in this one. But hopefully we get more Orion feats in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not gonna lie i'm feeling this new orion. I like him i like so many rebooted characters the new wonder woman i love her and i'm also feeling the new wonder girl

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you guys think of the rebooted New Gods mythos? Where do you think Orion should be at? Son of HF or DS? And dang, is DS powerful...

markofkaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By markofkaine

*clap clap clap* nice thread man.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By veronicacris

What do you guys think of the rebooted New Gods mythos? Where do you think Orion should be at? Son of HF or DS? And dang, is DS powerful...

biological son of Darkseid and adopted son of Highfather :)

the fight should had more pages, Orion lost this too easily

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veronicacris: Yea, I agree. I'd be a little pissed if Orion was not DS' son... I love that whole epic ordeal and prophesy. Besides, I'm sick of the New Gods being mishandled by some idiot writers... They don't come out that often and it's very important to keep that epic/divine tone that the New God series always had since Kirby's days. I've torrented the whole New Gods saga and I've read most of it (skipped Mr Miracle and Forever people... weren't really my thing but New Gods was awesome).

I love the New 52 revamp though. I don't like how Izaya is now Ixaya the once mortal and Uxas was once a mortal too. But it does make a good biblical like story and deserving the the titles GODS from NEW GODS. I hope the mythos is explored a lot more and also improved too. Explain New Orion's origins too. Also, it would be great to see Orion as badass as he once was but with the same attitude. Give him some depth. He's supposed to be very intelligent even with his character flaws... (before New 52, he was always a hot headed, dangerous, near-psycho, and arrogant asshole lol but was still kinda likeable for some reason) Now he's likeable, but we need to see more character from Orion. (I have been repeating this idea every time I write about New Gods...)

So how do we let DC know some fans now want at least a miniseries?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion is better as the biological son of Darkseid, as stated above. It really adds a lot to him.

I would love an Orion miniseries. Even better, a New Gods ongoing series. Orion, Mister Miracle, and Big Barda fight the enemies of Apokolips

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So was Wonder Woman having a relationship with Superman and Orion at the same time?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So was Wonder Woman having a relationship with Superman and Orion at the same time?

She's never was in a relationship with Orion, although Azzerelo wanted one, DC didn't.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

She's never was in a relationship with Orion, although Azzerelo wanted one, DC didn't.

Thanks for clarifying.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By veronicacris

Orion was editorially cockblocked...

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most definitely indeed. So much potential for Orion and Wonder Woman... although SM and WW is doing okay at their own new series. Maybe Orion should deserves someone at his level... another god. Perhaps Athena lol?

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By veronicacris

@veronicacris said:

most definitely indeed. So much potential for Orion and Wonder Woman... although SM and WW is doing okay at their own new series. Maybe Orion should deserves someone at his level... another god. Perhaps Athena lol?

haha I don't know, the myth is about Artemis and Orion. Wonder Woman is based in the goddess artemis/diana, this must gave Azzarello ideas about bringing Orion as love interest for WW

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliustakalua said:

@veronicacris said:

haha I don't know, the myth is about Artemis and Orion. Wonder Woman is based in the goddess artemis/diana, this must gave Azzarello ideas about bringing Orion as love interest for WW

yea... sucks now that he can play on that now. I'm gonna go for Orion and Athena then. Lol what a mess.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is this still going??

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: yes it is! :) I just haven't posted any scans because, well he hasn't really showed up in awhile. He wasn't in the recent Wonder Woman issue and of course villains month was going on.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been more of big red recently in the new WW. great issue but not so gr8 for our big red. He seems rather...weak? everybody in this series seem a lot weaker than they are. But it showed some good character moments so I was glad.

Anyone post scans?

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By veronicacris
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been more of big red recently in the new WW. great issue but not so gr8 for our big red. He seems rather...weak? everybody in this series seem a lot weaker than they are. But it showed some good character moments so I was glad.

Anyone post scans?

Their displays may be relative. Take First Born, for example. Him smacking them around doesn't mean they are weak, rather that he's powerful. Although I do think that if you're THAT much more powerful than Superman-level characters like Orion and WW, then that's too powerful.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Orion is an amazing character and I'd rather have him dating Diana than Clark

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Also I'd love a new gods book, an origin solo, or even just a freaking mini series

blh726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion is hands down my favorite of the new gods