Zlatan Ibrahimovic to LA Galaxy

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, aged 36, has left English giants Manchester United to join far more modest MLS side LA Galaxy. Ibrahimovic had joined United in 2016 after his contract with French team Paris Saint-Germain had expired, and although no longer in his prime, he began what could be a promising United career until injury crippled him in the Europa League quarter finals against Anderlecht. With the injury affecting his form, and the addition of Belgian goalscorer Romelu Lukaku to the team, he decided to end his spell in Manchester. Although he never won the UEFA Champions League, something which consists in the curriculum of most players of his caliber, he will be remembered by football fans as a legend of the sport, playing for elite teams such as Juventus, Inter, AC Milan and FC Barcelona.

What are your thoughts on this? Was joining the MLS the right thing to do? Should he have stayed at United a bit longer? Should he have retired? Should he have gone to the Chinese Super League instead of the MLS?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for youshallnotpass
YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brilliant player, those Milan days man.. La galaxy always receive legends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You may recover as as lion but you'll never be the same lion you were. It's pretty obvious that he realized his body is no longer fit for top European leagues and decided to go to a retirement home.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GOAT

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dark-sith123: My favorite player of all time is Zidane, but I think Messi outdoes him in sheer efficiency as an attacker. But Zidane played the most incredible football, in my opinion.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ah retirement

BB

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

The MLS is the perennial retirement home.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Beckham also went there before PSG.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

People who've played in the Champions League kind of clubs going to America, China or Arabia is kinda like a pure indicator they are effectively retired and are now going to live off their name in a much less competitive area. If thats where he is going, then good riddance, I can't stand him or his colossal ego.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A player who amassed an incredible amount of silverware and had great success at many different clubs in many different countries. Can't really argue with his goalscoring record either, or say that he "failed" at any part of his career apart from internationally I guess. He will never be seen in the same light as Messi and Ronaldo and rightly so, but he has to be considered as one of a number in contention for 3rd greatest forward of the 21st century so far. I don't watch MLS so he has pretty much retired from my point of view (unless he comes back for the World Cup, which wouldn't shock me). I was never a fan of his particularly, but he did do some incredible things, including scoring one of the greatest solo goals I've ever seen.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purpleperson:

I don't watch MLS so he has pretty much retired from my point of view

For a player with his caliber (even if he's 36), playing in the MLS for him is the equivalent of playing Fifa on beginner difficulty.

YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beckham also went there before PSG.

Hes 36 and very injury prone now. No chance hes returning to the top game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youshallnotpass: I never said he has any chance now to come back. How will an old man play with agility. He started using agility it was pretty clear. If you see the goals he used to score earlier using back-heels, jump-kicks, chops etc.

Then there my favourite one. EDIT: watch the second one.

Loading Video...

YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread: You dont understand how annoying it was witnessing that bicycle kick as an England fan at the time, but looking at it now its an absolute beauty. Joe Hart is being an complete idiot as per usual.

Context wise- My favourite is the one vs Southampton

Loading Video...

But Quality wise- Yh definitely bicycle kick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youshallnotpass: after his move to Manchester already started seeing a decline in skill based goals.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ibra hasn't performed in a few years, injuries taken into account. Last season he made Pogba look shit.