User Lists: 0

Not for me lol.

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

True, I hated YouTube since it became a property of Google.

Avatar image for sagathegoldsage
SagaTheGoldSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PewdiePie is trash shit!

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Youtube recommendations are really good most of the time.

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dailymotion and Vimeo are less likely to censor comedy or art videos. A site like vidlii is what youtube looked like a long time ago https://www.vidlii.com/videos?c=7&o=re&t=2

then you have Minds, Gab and Bitchute

No Caption Provided

?

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Divyansh13
ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ArranVid

The comment section in YouTube has become toxic because of trolls since 2008. From 2005 to 2008, the comment section was friendlier.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibleimpy Why do you think youtube censors comedy and art? When those are two really big parts of the platform.

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i actually went on Vimeo and it's boring af

It depends where you go, for example on sites like Vimeo or Patreon or Minds stuff just doesn't pop up but if you search you can find stuff that's interesting, you find animation channels, writing channels, music record production, stop motion claymation. They feature stuff like a channel 'Dust'. a Sci-Fi, Fantasy Channel featuring Short-Film Reels.

The problem with youtube is they now censor many of their own channels and they pay their artistic content creators very little money compared to other sites who pay much higher rates.

Snezychan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YouTube used to be a good platform. All the censorship and the community guidelines make it straight up rubbish.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snezychan: I hate how they do content creators now :/

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Most people who rag on YouTube don't use it that much. I personally think it's awesome. I love to see what weird stuff appears in my recommended.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modern youtube is trash. You only need to see the fact that people like DSP, Logan Paul,Jaystation etc were able to make mass amounts of money due to algorithm shilling to realize the fact that youtube no longer cares about actual creators

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ob1toe Youtube of course isn't ignorant to it's creators. Otherwise it wouldn't be as large a platform as it is. However, Youtube is subject to audience favorability (I just made up that term) Basically, there are a lot of kids of watching youtube. A lot more then adults. This is obvious because Cocoa Melon and Logan/Jake Paul are incredibly popular youtubers. And Youtube is largely an algorithm due to the fact it would be impossible to hire enough people to maintain that big a platform the same way an algorithm does. If they did something to block out or censor youtubers such as the Paul brothers, then that is bad. It's odd how people get mad when something isn't censored, but other things that are censored are violating rights of free speach.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: Numerous people called for Youtube to take action when logan made pratically a soft snuff video profiting off the incident in the japanese forest. If someone smaller did the same thing and the backlash happened I would guarntee youtube would ban that channel. Logan wasnt banned because Youtube didnt want to punish its golden goose

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Imagine calling a site with millions of videos as a whole bad cause you got recommended bad videos.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ob1toe Youtube doesn't delete channels until they've broken the rules multiple times. Controversial topics are not against the rules so no. They wouldn't have.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: Profiting off someone's death isnt a controversial topic lmao. You cant just wander into a crime scene and start recording the dead body in a attempt to garner views. I'm sure I would face no legal action if filmed myself going to a funeral uninvited and then opening the casket and filming the dead body while making jokes. Again If what Logan had done was a smaller channel youtube would of banned them. Freedom of speech doesnt somehow force youtube to think with its logic

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ob1toe Wrong, youtube never did and never will care about how much of a jerk you are, as long as you don't break any rules. It's just the reality.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: I wouldn't consider vultures "jerks". I can give you several more youtubers like logan who did similar deeds but faced no penalties on YouTube. The laws and rules of the real-world trump youtubes rules. Logan didnt obey the rules of japan while there yet faced no real punishment from youtube. I cant punch a customer at my store while on duty and then claim to the cops that I shouldnt have to face legal action because no rules against punching customers exist in my store

Abraham_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good for me. It only recommends my favourite channels.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ob1toe It's a video platform, and being insensitive is not against the law. Youtube doesn't punish you for being a terrible person, they punish you for breaking rules. Like hacking, breaking copy right rules etc. etc.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By the_wspanialy
Loading Video...

My recommendations work just fine.

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points