your thoughts on the F.S.U. student hitting the woman

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

a 21-year-old FSU student -- raises her fist to warn Johnson and he grabs her hand. She then punches him in the face with her left fist.

That's when 19-year-old Johnson responds by throwing a crushing right cross to her face ... you can see the woman bleeding all over the bar.

The woman says she suffered a black eye, swelling all over her face and a cut on her nose.

Johnson has been suspended from the FSU team indefinitely. He has also been charged with misdemeanor battery and has been kicked off the football team. The case is ongoing.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am mostly against hitting woman as I was taught that's something I should never do but what did she expect? She hit him in the face first, he popped her back. Don't hit people if you don't want to get hit back.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He shoulda punched the Hipster next to her instead (jk) anyways thats what she gets for hitting him. Btw where the Shrek is the security?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DBVSE7

Don't hit anyone period.. self control isn't that common.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Simple answer is report her for assault rather than popping her back.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She hit him first. Unless they want to charge her with battery as well and treat her with the same equality they are treating him with, I hope he sues the school and wins.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

She hit him first. Unless they want to charge her with battery as well and treat her with the same equality they are treating him with, I hope he sues the school and wins.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By godzilla44

I agree both of them should be charged

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

I don't think there is enough evidence in the video, without sound, out of context. She might've been threatening to shoot him, or he might've been threatening to kill her or something.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By godzilla44

@godzilla44 said:
@risingbean said:

I don't think there is enough evidence in the video, without sound, out of context. She might've been threatening to shoot him, or he might've been threatening to kill her or something.

You can see in the video that she was blocking him from getting to bar, somebody must of said something, she threatened to hit him, he restrained her, than she kicked him, and also punched him. He responded with a punch. Nobody was threatening any lives here in a bar, that seems way overboard and with many people surrounding them somebody would of heard them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly she's never made an omelette.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By BatWatch

Meh. Looks pretty mixed to me. I was siding with the girl since the guy was the first to make it a physical altercation by restraining her until I saw that she was using her left arm to shove him away. That means she started it.

At the same time, all she did was hold him back with an arm and "punch" him, and I'm being generous by calling that telegraphed, poorly formed, slow as molasses arm movement a punch whereas the guy actually let one rip on her.

Looks to me like the girl did a very minor assault and the guy used excessive force. Both of them acted immaturely. The girl appeared to get upset at him merely for bumping into her, and the guy should have used some restraint by walking away or restraining her non-violently.

Personally, I wouldn't want either of them associated with my school.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd never hit a woman. I'm actually really against it , period, but yeah, what did she expect? The equality here is poor.

Also, that right hook was clean....DAYYYUMM!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Disproportionate response.....I agree that if you want to go around hitting people, you shouldn't complain about getting hit in response, but his strike back was too much. You wouldn't break someone's knees with a crowbar if they shoved you aside in a queue. Book her for assault too if you want, but charging him and kicking off the team was well-deserved.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By godzilla44
Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How dare a man defend himself from a women, he should have allowed her to beat him and be a foot stool for her while he buys her drinks

#eradicatepatriarchy

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is the woman not charged? There must be some sort of charges... don't tell me she got off clean (well, as clean as a bleeding face can get) just because he sorta provoked her to punch him?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An honor killing must be done to restore face now.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cream_God

Why the hell didnt the bartender call security and why the hell was a 19 year old there!!!!!!! Shut it the hell down!!!!

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#21 frozen  Moderator

Supposedly she called him the N word.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hell didnt the bartender call security and why the hell was a 19 year old there!!!!!!! Shut it the hell down!!!!

You only have to be 18 to enter a bar, just have to be 21 to buy alcohol.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness said:

I have yet to go to a bar that does that (could be a state thing though)

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:
@cgoodness said:

I have yet to go to a bar that does that (could be a state thing though)

Edit nevermind i have

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

She hit first, he retaliated, simple as that. Although personally unless my life was threatened I can't bring myself into harming women.

But you can't blame him for hitting back. Just wished he didn't do it so hard...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way people should be defending this. Even if he felt the need to strike back for some reason there's no reason to hit so hard. Or hit at all, when he could just grab her and restrain her. She's just an average woman, its not like she was beating him up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just want to point out how the punch the women threw wasn't even hard. I mean it shouldn't have hurt that much for him to hit her back.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He shoulda punched the Hipster next to her instead (jk) anyways thats what she gets for hitting him. Btw where the Shrek is the security?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh never understood why a woman getting hit is so world shattering. I mean yeah the dudes a douche and obviously leave him but I just don't get why people get so insane about it. Besides if she punched him first she deserved it

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By midnightdragon18

she deserved it

my father told me "don't hit anyone unless you're willing to get hit back"

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That hit was too much. That said, if he's charged she should be to.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Just want to point out how the punch the women threw wasn't even hard. I mean it shouldn't have hurt that much for him to hit her back.

Hitting back is more about natural retaliation and self-defense than "hm, that didn't hurt that much so, it's cool lulz."

Granted, he wasn't holding anything back, but she shouldn't have hit him in the first place.

I don't know why some people like to pretend that women should get some sort of free pass in certain matters tbh

Hopefully, he wasn't the only one that faced consequences in this.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By agent9149

Are people just going to ignore that he physically grabbed her body and restrained her from moving. But of course, when a man hits a woman, she must have deserved it some how.

@risingbean said:

He grabbed her body. That's assault. He's in the wrong here.

She hit first, he retaliated, simple as that. Although personally unless my life was threatened I can't bring myself into harming women.

But you can't blame him for hitting back. Just wished he didn't do it so hard...

Her assaulted her first. He grabbed her body. That's an assault. She had every right to defend herself.

@cameron83:but she hit him after he grabbed her body. Isn't self-defense a natural response to having your body being suddenly grabbed by a person.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent9149: As far as I see it, he grabbed her to stop her from hitting him. When she made a fist and threatened him, she initiated it. She hit him and he defended himself. The big question is what got this whole thing going. It seems like he was squeezing up to the bar, and some may say he was invading her space, however I don't buy it. If you're at the club, at the bar expect to brush up against people.

If you swing at somebody it pays to have a jaw of granite, not of glass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: So? He is a lot more powerful than her, he didn't have to hit so hard

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: He assaulted her first. Why are you ignoring that he put his hands on her first. She's the one who defended her self. Her putting her fist up in a threatening manner doesn't give him the right to put his hands on on her. That's assault. He was the initiater. He forcibly grabbed her and she acted to get him off of her. Are you blind or just willfully ignoring that part?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Heatblaze

@jayc1324 said:

There's no way people should be defending this. Even if he felt the need to strike back for some reason there's no reason to hit so hard. Or hit at all, when he could just grab her and restrain her. She's just an average woman, its not like she was beating him up.

Honestly, I have to agree. That was too much. The punch she gave seemed like it didn't phase him. It would have been better to just walk away if she was threatening. (I would have done that, but that's just me)

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a ignorant douche for hitting her, and she's a dumb b*tch for putting herself in that situation with her actions :/

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#40 JediXMan  Moderator

@saren said:

Disproportionate response.....I agree that if you want to go around hitting people, you shouldn't complain about getting hit in response, but his strike back was too much. You wouldn't break someone's knees with a crowbar if they shoved you aside in a queue. Book her for assault too if you want, but charging him and kicking off the team was well-deserved.

Agreed. He also grabbed her first.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent9149: Um. If somebody raises their hands to hit me, and I grab their wrist in an attempt to not get hurt, I think the malicious intent falls onto the person making the fist. The woman 1. Raised her hands first 2. hit him first and 3 got her ass floored, and rightfully so.

For all those saying he overdid things. He hit her once. He didn't stomp on her when she was down. He didn't do anything but show her that hitting somebody tougher then she is was a stupid mistake. People willing to initiate violence should do so knowing it can cost them. I assume she has now learned that lesson.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Heatblaze

He's a ignorant douche for hitting her, and she's a dumb b*tch for putting herself in that situation with her actions :/

This.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By agent9149

@risingbean: That's not how the law works. You don't get to assault someone because they held up their fist at you. AND AGAIN. You keep leaving out the part where he grabs her forcibly. He literally manhandles her and she responds to hitting him in defense. YOU IGNORE THAT PART.

1. A verbal confrontation occurs.

2. She puts her fist up.

3. He forcibly grabs her person.

4. She in response hits him while he still has her grip on her wrist.

5. He then decks her to the floor.

Malicious intent falls on the person who started the assault which was him when he grabbed her. He's at fault before the punches flew.

Yeah. She's a "dumb b*tch" for defending herself against a guy who just forcibly grabbed her. What a stupid woman. How dare you defend yourself when a guy much bigger than you grabs your person without permission.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: But there is no reason to hit a woman so hard when she is obviously little threat. He was fine after she hit him.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: That's not how the law works. You don't get to assault someone because they held up their fist at you. AND AGAIN. You keep leaving out the part where he grabs her forcibly. He literally manhandles her and she responds to hitting him in defense. YOU IGNORE THAT PART.

2. She puts her fist up.

Malicious intent falls on the person who started the assault which was him when he grabbed her. He's at fault before the punches flew.

Do you know what assault is?? By putting her hands up in a threatening manner, she actually assaulted him first.......then she added battery to the list when she hit him soooooooo

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By buttersdaman000

@agent9149 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Yeah. She's a "dumb b*tch" for defending herself against a guy who just forcibly grabbed her. What a stupid woman.

Exactly....she assaulted the guy by threatening him, he reacted to the assault by proactively defending himself (the hand grab), then she battered him (the punch), and he responded with a punch of his own (self defense). However, his response was obviously disproportionate and he deserves whatever punishment he gets. That being said, cool it with your social justice warrior, "women are always victims" schtick. She behaved like a dumb b*tch when she broke the law and attacked a person she did not know. She wasn't defending jack sh*t but her place at the bar lol

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By agent9149

@buttersdaman000 said:
@agent9149 said:

2. She puts her fist up.

Do you know what assault is?? By putting her hands up in a threatening manner, she actually assaulted him first.......then she added battery to the list when she hit him soooooooo

You must be joking...

@buttersdaman000: "That being said, cool it with your social justice warrior, "women are always victims" schtick"

Lol. You seriously wrote that in a sentence. Yes. Say a woman had the right to defend her self after a man grabs her is me saying women are always victims. Yep. That man could do absolutely no wrong.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@agent9149 said:

2. She puts her fist up.

You must be joking...

You must be talking out your a$$ if you think i'm joking lol

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. She puts her fist up.

In your list, number 2 is where she went wrong. She cued him into the fact she was going to use violence. I can tell you that if I'm out in public and somebody is coming up at me with fists raised, I'm not giving them a chance to hit me.

As far as I know the law often does work that way. Look at the slap on the wrist he is getting. Misdemeanor battery. I can tell you if I was that guy, I'd press charges and she'd be faced with battery as well. The real issue is the school. As of late colleges have been trying so hard to not run afoul of feminists, that they are hurting male students. You should read the case Paul Nungesser is making against Columbia. He is actually suing them and I hope he guts them. I also hope it's a wake up call for other universities. If the university here wants to take her side, at the cost of his future prospects I hope they get a wake up call as well.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By agent9149

@risingbean: she wasn't coming at him. He grabbed on to her and held on to her for 5 seconds and in the mean time she is screaming as it seems let me go repeatedly and tries to break his grasp before resulting to hit him to allow her self to break free.

But he's totally in the right.

@buttersdaman000:I'd love to see you defend your case in court. "You honor, I only grabbed her and wouldn't let her go despite her verbal protests because she raised her fists at me."