User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@kingvenus: Hehehehehee I knew I could bait you back into a discussion if I insulted you, you can't have an intelligent debate on your own unless provoked. How desperate you seem to correct me on what I said about you, but can't convenience me into your way of thinking, I don't want to debate you anymore, it would be pointless.

Sorry but this ship has sailed, I am making a blog on depression and I will be delving into suicide, you should check it out you might learn something.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By KingVenus

@dbvse7 said:

@kingvenus: I agree.

Also, I don't feel bad at all when I hear about it.. especially when it comes to that bullying crap.

While bullying is a serious matter, Yeah the only place to turn too shouldn't be suicide.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By ccraft
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hard to condemn what I've had to struggle with before. If you haven't faced it, you really can't say you know what it's like. Telling someone to "suck it up" or "face death with dignity" is at best ignorant. You ain't helping at all. If someone's suicidal, telling them to bury it is the last thing you wanna do, cause you're more likely to wind up with a dead body than a resolved issue. You're contributing to making the problem worse, not better.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ccraft:

I saw you post about it once, and commented on it. Plus, I prolly saw a glimpse in a moviehistory documentary, before you reminded me of it.

Checked any of the silent shorties yet?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft:

Ah. I`ll grant you a gift, the spell of movie time.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By ccraft
kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ccraft
kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft:

Doesn`t your neck get sore, since you keep doing those moves?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Nope, it's actually a nervous twitch, it freaks people out I can't help it

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By ccraft

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I'm misunderstood :D

No Caption Provided

"Time to go home Jimmy" -Clown

"I don't know who you are! HELP!" -Jimmy

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waitamin-I`M JIMMY!!!!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drank an entire 4 litre jug of bleach along with about 50 heavy duty tranquilizers: 2 weeks in the hospital.

Opened my brachial artery with a steak knife: 3 weeks

Inhaled (yes, its possible) about 3 litres of water in about ten minutes: 5 days.

Brought an axe to school in order to get them to call the cops, thus suicide by cop: 1 night in jail, 2 months in the psych ward.

Take it from an Idiot like me. Suicide is not the way out. Killing yourself wont make the problems magically go away. But if you have the will to end your own life, then you already on the way to recovery. Put down your knife, gun, bleach w.e, pick up the phone, call someone. Be it kids help phone, NSPH, hell the friggen 911 dispatcher. Talk it out. Get help. Death won't make the pain go away. It will just cause more pain for everyone around you.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

something I encourage stupid people to commit

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: Anyone who has thoughts about suicide should seek help immediately! How old are you if I might ask?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a uncle who became depressed and a alcoholic (due to his wife cheating) who committed suicide. I think its a way people try to deal with great pain, but its the worst possible option in dealing with that pain.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ccraft

@rd189: Teens are a high risk group for suicide, 100 to 200 suicide attempt rate to 1 successful suicide. You tried quite a few times with no success. Sorry you went through all that. How did you get help?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude wtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Good support from my family, and a fantastic service called Hospice Calgary, which makes a point of reaching out to at risk youth at no cost to them. My case worker, Jenny, was just the best at what she did. She would always bring me a hot chocolate and a fresh pack of smokes. When I wanted to talk, she would listen and offer great advice. When I didn't feel like talking, she would just put on some music and let me chill out. The cops were the ones who reffered me to that service, and I encourage you to check out anything similar in your area. As much as it sucked to take, the meds helped a lot too. Cellexa and Diazapam to calm my nerves.

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: Words can't explain how sorry I am for failing to amuse you. :)

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@rd189: Words can't explain how sorry I am for failing to amuse you. :)

Hehe sorry enough to let me throw you off a cliff??

I like throwing people off a cliff, that's normal right? ^_^

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@claymore1998: I encourage all kind psychotic and homicidial behavior

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: That's good, I've been looking for a good place to talk, I plan on asking my employer if they cover therapists. I haven't thought about suicide, but I have thought of hurting myself for attention of others, which is a step just before thinking of ending one's life.

@mad_titan said:

Dude wtf

You ask stupid people their thoughts you get stupid answers >_>

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: I encourage all kind psychotic and homicidial behavior

hehe I expected you to say that, after all you are the mad titan ^_^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@rd189: Seriously, how is that not okay! Not for a single time did I say everyone who feels like committing suicide is stupid. I know, I wanted to commit bunch of times myself. At least I am not bragging about it online and found my own ways to solve my problems. I have seen people throwing much crueler jokes here in CV getting passed without a single warning, because the mods know how to decipher a joke from serious trolling. If you always get this much worked up on every single time, even jokingly, someone says something that opposes your moral views, you certainly have issues.

@ccraft said:

You ask stupid people their thoughts you get stupid answers >_>

Not stupid, more like indifferent on the content of this topic

@claymore1998 ^_^

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Eisenfauste

Not needed

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: Thanks man I'll do that sometime!

@mad_titan: I wasn't talking to you specifically, but yh that comment was stupid ^_^

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan: Now you are just copying me >_> that "^_^" as a reply is my trademark hehe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan: You know what. Your just hopeless. It's not ok to make light of things like that. And I love how you find a way to insult me while at the same time showing a condescending attitude to those who could actually use the help.

I'm probably gonna get a stern warning if not an outright ban for all this. I think we're done here. I bid you good night sir. Give this a read and rethink your attitude a bit homie.

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@ccraft: Maybe it was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@rd189: Well bud, give it a rest and go to sleep. Maybe clearing your head will help you to reevaluate your last night's actions. You should be able to take a single insult when you resorted to swear words bunch of times to address me.

@claymore1998: I love how you bring light every time things start to get ugly. By the way, I think you copied that trademark from Bumpyboo.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan: *Should I put a bullet in your temple*

No Caption Provided

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#195 SC  Moderator

@mad_titan: @rd189: Hello. No stern warnings, but a small one just for swearing, I deleted both of your posts that contained swearing or quoted swearing.

Sincerely I think that this is more of a misunderstanding, we are dealing with an incredibly sensitive topic, many of us have either experienced severe depression/suicide first hand or through a loved one, we often carry that around. Its always important to remember that our experiences differ, but also that our coping mechanisms, and our attitudes can differ as well. For some jokes are okay, sometimes even a way to cope, for others the last thing that this subject should encounter is a joking attitude, but the thing is, is that as individuals we can try to recognize and acknowledge our differences and try to understand others and extend goodwill and patience to others. That can be hard often, especially if we encounter individuals who seem ignorant, rude, careless, cruel so on, but like suicide and mental health issues, what can appear on the surface is often misleading to what is really going on.

Basically I am advocating that you might extend each other a bit more patience, leniency and understanding before forming conclusions about each other. You might surprise each other. Short of that though, its also okay to recognize when someone is just different to you as far as ideas and approaches to others. Please don't resort to personal insults, its okay to ignore others. Thank you both.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Should be taken SERIOUSLY

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Not a fan

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes a lot of courage to do it.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a tip. If you are trying to jump of a building do a back flip

-a happy ghost

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

I think its a pretty complicated subject and most people on average don't have the life experience, knowledge or wisdom to really discuss it well. It would be like asking people their thoughts on quantum mechanics. A difference being though, is that suicide deals with life and death, family, friends, loved ones, topics that are very important to people and play on our emotions, so many of us feel entitled to speak about it and express our views and opinions about it.

Peoples attitudes and understanding of mental health issues will always lag behind peoples attitudes and understanding of physical health. If one of our friends is shot, we can see their pain on their expression and body, we can see blood, we can hear them in pain, we will worry about them, realize something is wrong and ourselves and others, even strangers, will try and get that shot person to a hospital for help, to save them. The mental health equivalent of being shot however is incredibly easy to overlook. For many people who have experienced a lot of mental and physical pain in their lives, a lot of them talk about how mental and emotional pain is far worse, far harder to deal with, cope with, get help for, is more debilitating and straining. No only that but it can even usually exacerbate physical injury (and sever physical injury often will contribute to negative mental health conditions too)

A lot of people consider suicide cowardly, but they seem to not understand that often a suicidal person is in so much pain in the moment, that they literally can't understand or process the world like usual. Even emotionally and mentally sound and healthy people are useless at being able to plan and understand the future and consequences of actions, until they get much older. A suicidal person often experiences a disconnect so they can convince themselves that they are doing a favor to people they care about. Or of they do somehow acknowledge that some people might be hurt by their actions? It would be negligible and or the guilt of hurting others just adds more incentive to why they should commit the act. A bizarre and heartbreaking mix of guilt, honor and confusion.

The problem however with the idea of allowing people to end their life of their own volition is that most people lack the knowledge, emotional and mental restraint, understanding, foresight and experience to look at all the options. Just for things like where they might be in five years let alone the rest of their life. For small finite decisions, let alone decisions that last forever and are final. Euthanasia sidesteps some of that because the amount of pain and suffering experienced by an individual can be established by a professional and at some point the pain and suffering as well as odds for recovery and hope for that individual to ever experience alleviation, respite, relief all lead to a situation where a decision can be made ideally with the individual experienced the pain, for the most humane course of action/actions. So the ability for people to choose death has to come with a lot of conditions.

Modern day life can be pretty extreme and hard, a lot of time, even strong people can suffer for their situation, sometimes its completely out of their control, sometimes its the chemicals in their body working against them. Sometimes its stress and pressure from unfair living conditions. Sometimes its isolation and lack of adequate support network. Lots of things, no one should feel shame for such things, they just need help and are entitled to help. Of course suicide creates more victims than just the person that takes their life, losing a friend or loved one, family member to suicide is one of the hardest things to go through, but suicide is an ongoing problem, depending on how long this thread is around, and how many views it gets, statistically speaking a number of people who browse this thread are going to attempt suicide in the future. Which is incredibly sad to think about, so lets try and encourage people to get help, talk to people, look for alternatives.

I've struggled with suicide for the majority of my life and have made attempts. The people on either side of the thread are both horribly miseducated.