• 188 results
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Now of course, this is a touchy subject, it seems whenever religion or God is brought up in any arena it sparks a lot of response, but i thought i'd give my idea of God. 

Personally i do believe in God, or some type of divine being that created reality as we know it. To me God is a scientist, and the universe is sort of like a large biodome. Everything living inside of it is sort of like his experiment  However, like a bio dome, he may have created it, however he does not interfere in it. He created the universe to see if life can truly thrive, that if given everything that one needs, food, water, means of reproduction, and enough intellect to learn from one's mistakes, man can better themselves and become as close to perfection as possible. I think this answers the question of "If God exists, why does bad things happen to good people?" Although he exists, and is aware of what is happening, to interfere would be like a scientist interfering with his own artificial environment, or for a parent to do their chidlren's homework for them, instead of letting them learn for themselves, if a divine hand would interfere with everyday life, we as a species would become dependent on it, and wouldn't evolve. However i DO believe that sometimes he moves in to stop total destruction, for instance, i once heard that the Earth should have been destroyed by the astroid that killed the dinosaurs, and if it were to happen again, it would be, by all means, the Plague should have completely wiped out humanity, the same goes for world wars, and the creation of atomic weapons of mass destruction.  I believe God stepped in during these events and sparred the Earth (much like how a scientist would push his bio dome back if it was getting too close to the edge of the table it was on) 

so, i gotta ask, what do you think of my theory? what are your own theories on God? do you believe in one at all? 

also, please, keep this civil, no need to attack another's beliefs . 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
Your idea of God is pretty interesting... sort of like a Unorthodox Strong Deist / Weak Theist perspective.   
that's where I usually come from with my thoughts on God as well. 
Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Darkseid Elite

I believe in God, but not the whole white beard chillin in heaven stuff. I think God is an entity. Everywhere at once. 

I believe every living thing has a soul and after death you go into somewhat a dream state. Not the golden gates and living in paradise.  

Michael6ft7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Michael6ft7

Your Theory nearly completely mirrors my own with the exception of him saving the earth from the asteroid that caused the dinosaurs to become extinct.and nuclear weapons etc. I believe that he does not interfere whatsoever, for if he did then the integrity of the experiment would be compromised.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
I wonder what you folks think about Angels and The Devil ? Do you believe in them as well as God ? Also if you believe God created us out of Love... was there something lacking in the Angels as in God did not see them sufficient enough to Love him freely ? I mean why create Humans if you have Celestial Beings ( Angels / Demons ) right there in Heaven who you created first who can choose to Love you or Diss you ? Heck God could have made some Angels in his own Image if he wanted could he have not ? 
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By SpidermanWins

Your theory is very intelligent. I must say, I'm impressed by your view and analysis. See, I'm Christian but if I were to compare hm to something like you did such as, say, a scientist? It'd be an author or an artist. I believe in heaven but no golden gates and crap. It's your own personal heaven...like a literal dream come true. One that never ends

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lagoon_boy
Theory? I don't even consider I have any theories. I know for a fact that GOD does exist, and that everything in the BIBLE is true :)
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

I'm not a believer in worshipping my imaginary friend but with a good pep talk that makes sense I can be flexible.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for alexander_nexus
Alexander Nexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alexander Nexus

I believe God is mankind's greatest creation. 

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@InnerVenom123: You read my mind.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123
@_Marco_Smith_: Anyone who claims otherwise is just lying to themselves. Hail the Bat-God. 
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@InnerVenom123: Well he did defeat Darkseid, and come back to life. How could anyone deny it?
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Alexander Nexus said:
I think he is its worst.
Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#15  Edited By ApatheticAvenger
No Caption Provided
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123
@angeldust616 said:
No Caption Provided
Saved. 
Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I think anything responsible for limitless space and infinite linear time is too great for me to comprehend 
but I know this- he isn't some old white dude with a beard and a robe who cares which swear words I use or what I do on Sundays
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

I do believe there is some kind of intelligent being or force that started the universe because when you think about it our universe runs like clock work nothing happens without a cause, most the people who say the universe is chaotic usually use human behavior to prove their point but honestly we are so small a part of creation that our actions no matter how big we think they are don't really amount to anything in the grand scheme of things 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@spiderbat87 said:

@Alexander Nexus said:

I think he is its worst.
That's Siege.  

I believe in God, and I believe there's a logical explanation as to how and why. I do not believe humans will ever figure that out however, as we're far too interested in proving we're the smartest species to ever exist. 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshmightbe
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@spiderbat87 said:

@Alexander Nexus said:

I think he is its worst.
That's Siege.      I believe in God, and I believe there's a logical explanation as to how and why. I do not believe humans will ever figuret that out however, as we're far too interested in proving we're the smartest species to ever exist. 
while at the same time wasting said intelligence on profoundly stupid and potentially suicidal things that even the dumbest animal would have enough sense to avoid 
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@joshmightbe said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@spiderbat87 said:

@Alexander Nexus said:

I think he is its worst.
That's Siege.      I believe in God, and I believe there's a logical explanation as to how and why. I do not believe humans will ever figuret that out however, as we're far too interested in proving we're the smartest species to ever exist. 
while at the same time wasting said intelligence on profoundly stupid and potentially suicidal things that even the dumbest animal would have enough sense to avoid 
Too true, my friend, too true. 
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By agent9149
@The Stegman: are you deist
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I believe that he's a guy that's 100-200 feet tall, with a white beard, etc.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssejllenrad

I believe in a supreme being that is the source of all. I believe in the historicity of the Bible but not the minor details and literal interpretations of the first books. I believe the evolution took place but not a product of accident and that life was started due to some divine design. I believe in Jesus (yeshua) and that he existed. As for being the son of god, I'm not sure. And I apologize in advance to the Muslims but I believe that the Koran was written by the prophet without inspiration from a supreme being. I'm very sorry but that's what I believe.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By CATPANEXE

If in the case, a collective all encompassing thing well beyond our notions of perception or anything else.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By utotheg38

lol god. 

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Agent9149:  

@The Stegman: are you deist

y'know...i NEVER thought of it before, but yeah, i guess my viewpoints are very deistic !!
Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Shadowdoggy
@The Stegman
just like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington
but shhhhhh, don't tell Sarah Palin
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By progenitorigin

I consider myself a Deist, basically.
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By cyberninja

That is one weak bait, so I will say this, I don't wear my beliefs or lack of it on my sleeve, that is all.  

*Walks away*

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Billy Batson

No Caption Provided

BB

ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Billy Batson:

No Caption Provided

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Loki9876
@The Stegman: well i believe about the same as you do. that he created the big bang or some other cause of the creation of the universe and he created life that evolved into us (darwins theory) God does not interfere (i'm not sure why maybe to let us learn as a species) i will not say he is a researcher (i don't know why he made it maybe just to have happiness, hope, etc). I don't believe the stories in the bible i believe some figures in it are true but i do not believe the supernatural aspect of it but you must see the second layer the message that tells you that you must help others and do the right thing. i cna't be sure but this what I like to believe.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I believe what ever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. 

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ms__omega

I believe god is an energy being God can be what ever he/she/it wants to be.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

To be honest I don't really believe there is one but atheist is to broad a term so I would say that I am secular: 

Secularism is a code of duty pertaining to this life, founded on considerations purely human, and intended mainly for those who find theology indefinite or inadequate, unreliable or unbelievable. Its essential principles are three: (1) The improvement of this life by material means. (2) That science is the available Providence of man. (3) That it is good to do good. Whether there be other good or not, the good of the present life is good, and it is good to seek that good.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheBatman586

I think the depictions of God as an old man with white hair and a beard are extremely inaccurate. I always pictured God as looking something like this:

No Caption Provided
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@TheBatman586: That is so f'in cool, what is it?
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Billy Batson
@spiderbat87:  

Red Mask with the cosmic cube.

BB

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By theicon

God is the all powerful being  depicted in his holy word, the bible.

out of love God created  man, but  had to allow  such capability to go his own path in order to trully have freedom.  Death didnt arrive untill man went his own way,but that was influenced by a powerful fallen angelic being who wishes to rule as God rules,this fallen being wants worship and power as God.

But God in his wisdom  had to allow this for  true  fredom and choce to exsist outside his realm , our current  continuum or universe.  
sinse the fall of man, the entire creation  is effected and is deteriorating,only God can restore it
God will intervene,but we  have rejected God as a people, people hate God, yet when destruction comes , are the first to blame him!
And God will not violate his word for any thing,but he can bend it and blot it out for something new, though bound to his word, God can always create a higher greater law or word  as he did with Christ jesus to save all humanity, belief is the only requirement.
We judge God more than he judges us.

.but dispite al out hate,and evil. God still says by his son jesus christ,father  Forgive them, for they know NOT what they do.

this statement is meant to give my personal view not to offend,degrade, or attack any ones belief in any way! if you dissagree   disreguard and pay it no attention. God bless all i respect  every one on here!

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Knightly1

God in the Old Testament seems to act as nothing more than a child who can do whatever they want. "Forgot to pray to me?? Say good-bye to your family and village." I can't remember if Job is a story in the old or new testament(although I'm betting on the Old Testament) but the fact that God decides to play with a man's life, a man who devoted himself to God, just to prove something to the Devil(didn't know they even communicated with each other and, if so, how much) makes me question His status(at least in the Old Testament.) as a benevolent being. If he fooled with one man's life, who's to say he hasn't caused many disasters just to prove to the Devil we still needed hHim?
In the New Testament, God has done some "growing up", going from the easily angered child to the compassionate father figure. This is a God worth believing,(IMO anyways), even though I don't necessarily believe in Him.
But, interesting thought on the scientist thing. Fits in with the whole "free will" and the we-allow-certain-things-to-happen-to-us beliefs I hold.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By Izaiah
@spiderbat87 said:
@TheBatman586: That is so f'in cool, what is it?
I reckon it's from here.
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By theicon
@OblivionKnight: such arrogance,u havent read the scriptures, it was satan who attacked JOb, and God restored  double what the devil took!
other times  man was evil , vile , and murderous in a inconceivable way  just like today in our era. it was not  God doing those things, he only wiped  out such evil, but gave much time for repentance! and redemption.
your oblivious to the fact there is a present evil enemy that fights against mankind daily, ruing  Gods reputation through  foolish,ignorant, arrogant godless men and women.
Especially  ones with a superior lack of knowledge.
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Glitch_Spawn: lmao

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By theicon
@Glitch_Spawn: God can use that as well to get to  the person he needs to, and  just like dc rebooting, look at the world something bigs is about to go down  ur comic  version of the bible says it will,  weather, in comic form (which would be cool)  visualized, audio,or in book form  what it says is happening  in our world now. take a look in the news!