Your favorite character/s are exposed to the One Ring. What happens?

• 57 results
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Through some form of plot intervention, a character of your choosing finds himself wearing the One Ring. How do they react to the ring? How will it effect their desires/personalities, and what sort of powers do you believe it would grant them?

Feel free to do this with as many characters as you wish.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Favorite characters?

Meng Hao/Bai Xiaochun/Mo Wuji, The ring is beneath there notice.

As for koharu, I have a feeling her one track mind would not care for the sweet whispering of power, because she's a good girl who already has everything she wants.

Zorian would gain a nifty ring with no real demerits.

Seiichirou Kitano is too good to be corrupted by the ring.

Discipulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vash the Stampede: I think he'd be able to resist the corruption very well. He could probably take Frodo's place in the Fellowship and not relent at Mount Doom.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thekillerklok

@mylittlefascist: if you where to place him on a moral chart you would have to create a new morality type, Absolute good.

Loading Video...

Be sure to check the 20 minute mark...

also not recognizing the lead character of angel densetsu...

No Caption Provided

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Idk what would Light get from that, since he was pretty much already a tyrant. He could be much worse though, like going on full genocide mode.

Maybe the ring would give him wings or something, and enhance his physical abilities. In the video, the ring also lengthen someone's life span, that'd be great for Light since he wanted his reign to be as long as possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt the ring could control Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure what Naruto would do tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec33d087b387
deactivated-5ec33d087b387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zephyr is more of a Whovian, but she should have enough knowledge to not put on the ring.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well rocket would be really tempted

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zephyr is more of a Whovian, but she should have enough knowledge to not put on the ring.

The premise starts with the ring already being worn for "plot reasons".

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccdc2c4bb077
deactivated-5ccdc2c4bb077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really have a favorite character

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec33d087b387
deactivated-5ec33d087b387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: Oh. I'm certain her convictions are maybe strong enough to resist until she took it off. It might possibly try to play into her unconventional body image and offer to make her look more like a model to others. *shrugs* Plus she flies, so the trip to MT.Doom wouldn't take as long.

SleepingSlaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alucard probably disregards its effects altogether.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By infantfinite128

@kinglouie said:

Dr. Manhattan doesn’t need a worthless antique

But wouldn't he be fascinated by a ring he couldn't destroy?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really have a favorite character

You can use as many characters as you want.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, you people suck.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinglouie said:

Dr. Manhattan doesn’t need a worthless antique

But wouldn't he be fascinated by a ring he couldn't destroy?

With his more recent comic feats, he'd probably break the ring without issue tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer might override it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Lol, you people suck.

o o f, why? xP

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: This thread is basically asking what would happen if your favorite characters get corrupted and amped. Literally all of you had to be smartasses, and deny that your characters could be corrupted. That's such a bullshit, and where's s the fun in that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Percy gets conflicted for a bit, but he prob just ends up throwing it into Tartarus.

Kazuma immediately goes insane and his party has to beat him out of him.

Ainz throws it into his inventory and never looks at it again.

Kuma goes on a rampage, but Medaka takes the thing from him and Talk No Jutsus the ring into being good.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zetsu-San

@rastelosevering: Hmm... Would Aqua be able to "purify" Sauron? Her status should be similar to his shouldn't it? Or is she close to Gandalf in hierarchy?

As for Ainz, wouldn't the ring be classified as a World Item? It's effects may be subtle, but I'd think he'd find it interesting and want to study it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: Sauron should be closer to a Demon King General, so she prob couldn't take him alone. The whole party prob could tho.

The Ring would be one of those items that is op in the New World, but Ainz barely glances at it.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve Rogers and (classic) Kurt Wagner would probably be able to resist the corruption of the Ring long enough to get it to Mount Doom and have a very good chance of throwing it into the the Cracks of Doom (the lava)

Batman would replace Sauron pretty quickly

ScottFreeGLC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal Jordan: He completely wills through it, and resists its corruption if he’s in a good emotional state. Flies it to Mount Doom, gets distracted dogfighting with the Nazgul on their Helbeasts, then at the last moment, shoots it into Mount Doom.

Or, he takes it as second ring, goes and finds Parallax, reabsorbs him, and redestroys the Green Lantern Corps. Then has an inner conflicting battle between his willpower and Sauron’s influence. Hal has resisted some pretty top tier possession and evil recently. But blow up Coast City, and he’s done.

Scott Free [Mister Miracle]: It does absolutely nothing to him. He remains uncorrupted, like his knowledge of the ALE and unwillingness to use it. As long as he had Barda, he’s stable and the Ring does nothing. In fact, there’s a chance he can use the Alpha Effect to drain its power.

Ultron: Does the ring work on Ultron? No, probably not. He probably still brings back Sauron to help end the age of Men.

Thor: He takes it, is corrupted, becomes Unworthy, and all of a sudden we have an evil, angry, warrior’s madness god of thunder.

Orion: This is not good.

Darkseid: This is an interesting idea. Would Sauron be able to influence Darkseid? Or does Darkseid use Sauron?

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Wolverine: he'd probably be able to tell its evil and he'd easily resist it... hell he might even be able to destroy it

Adam Warlock: Definitely resists it

Ben Grimm: easily resists it... having the highest willpower in the MU has to count for something

Jean Grey: it'd be very interesting to see what the red head does when exposed to the ring... i honestly don't know

Jenny Sparks: think Boromir... initially taken by it but realizes its evil and over comes it. she's got good willpower when she's focused but she also did spend 90 years of her life drunk and pretty pissed

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: Sauron should be closer to a Demon King General, so she prob couldn't take him alone. The whole party prob could tho.

The Ring would be one of those items that is op in the New World, but Ainz barely glances at it.

Is Aqua actually below the Demon King Generals or does she only lose because she's dumb?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: She can almost kill Wiz by accident, so I guess it varies a bit. She couldn't beat Sylvia, Hans, Beldia or Wolfbach.

She can be somewhat competent during fights, so I don't think she's supposed to be powerful enough to solo them consistently.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tbh, Spidey would get rid of it once he realized his effects on it. It's what he did with the symbiote, it's what he would do with the ring

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming they start off not knowing what the ring is...

Light Yagami: The ring would grant Light the one thing he needed to truly become the god of the new world: immortality. He'd be happy to use it, and it would slowly corrupt him, making him as rigid and uncompromising as Mikami, if not worse. He would not be able to destroy it, nor would he want to. It leads him to his death, like it did Isildur.

John Constantine: He would quickly deduce that the ring is a dark object, and banish it to Hell, where it would be destroyed. He would never wear the damn thing.

Littlefinger: He would use it, and be corrupted. It would make him even more ambitious, and progressively less subtle and cautious. He would use the ring's influence to scheme his way onto the Iron Throne, from where he would launch a campaign into Essos. He would find early success, conquering a few of the Free Cities, but will eventually be defeated by Daenerys and her armies.

Spider-Man: He will start to be corrupted initially, but given his experience with the symbiote, Peter would come to his senses long enough to take the ring to Dr. Strange, who would deal with it accordingly.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok:

You really think Zorian would be able to resist the ring's corruption?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok:

You really think Zorian would be able to resist the ring's corruption?

at the time I wrote this, sure I had a reason...

one that I have entirely forgotten, but I had one.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Spectre ignores it completely.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zhongli seems to be the type bound by his own principle and is an Archon. I do feel like he'd resist it, and wouldn't want anything to do with it. He's pretty much the kind free from desire completely, other than trying to live human from now on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin/Dooku/Grievous would all easily fall for it tbh.

The first two have already fallen down a dark path for more power, while its not hard manipulate General Grievous.

Doomsday likely wouldn't think much of it, unless its the intelligent and fully sentient Doomsday rex who might have a use for it but I doubt any additional power the ring could provide would be meaningful at his level.

Nolan Batman might fall for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to overcome it.

All Star Superman almost certainly wouldn't fall for it, the Ring would be just another trophy or trinket in his fortress. Though I'm not sure I'd even call him a fav of mine, but its on my tv right now so why not?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oz Vessalius: I'd say it's level of effect depends on what point in the story he's exposed to the ring. If it's after he's already regained his power and memories, I think he'd resist and destroy the ring without issues.

Before that however, Oz was a pretty hollow and unstable individual. I can see the ring potentially corrupting him in this state by making him believe he needs it to protect Alice and/or other characters. As for powers, I imagine it'd kickstart the return of natural B Rabbit powers. Given the forced activation, I wouldn't be surprised if his abilities end up unstable, and he eventually destroys the ring on accident.

Zeed Tovan: His status as "protagonist" would probably give him literal plot armor that prevents him from being corrupted. That said, I imagine he'd probably pretend it's working and find away to bring back Sauron, but with hidden clauses that he can use to blackmail Sauron into owing him "favors".

Kazuma Satou: As someone already mentioned, he'd be taken over pretty easily. I think Kazuma getting the ring would fit right in as a gag episode, where he immediately goes off the deep end and become greedy, paranoid, and reclusive. Then Aqua either busts the ring or hurts Sauron enough to make the ring dormant for a bit. Since he's a rogueish character, it'd probably grant him the same powers it does hobbits.

Bell Cranel: Bell would react exactly like Hobbits do. The influence would be really subtle at first, and he'd probably think it's just some random invisibility ring. I think he'd instinctually hide it from the rest of his guild and the ring would just slowly wither away at him. After a while, the changes will become noticeable and then his friends will snap him out of it via the power of Waifus (that and I'm sure Hestia can get Hephaestus to do something about the ring).

Zach & Zorian: If they're in the time loop, then the markers would immediately detect the soul tampering and reset the loop, then Zorian would then figure out a way to contain it.

Outside the loop, things are a bit more tricky. Zorian definitely has a little bit of a dark side, so I don't think he'd be immune to the ring's influence. That said, he is also a fairly cautious and genre savvy character, so he may pick up on it's influence early and deal with it accordingly. I think the ring's best bet is if he decides to try and develop a way to utilize the ring's power without being influenced. If so, the ring might be able to corrupt him before he figures out a proper plan, in which case I think he'd become a very dangerous threat in the world. Especially if it amplifies his telepathic abilities.

Zach is a lot less cautious and more likely to be fooled by the ring, but he's also far more "noble". There's a reason he was chosen by the celestials to be the "hero" of the story, instead of Zorian. He'd take a lot longer to pick up on the fact that the ring is influencing him, but it'd also take significantly longer to change his personality, so he may actually fair better than Zorian. Especially when you consider how frequently he uses the Mind Blank spell.

Hanako-Kun: This one's a bit of a hard one. On the one hand, I'd say his personality is absolutely vulnerable to the ring's corruption. Especially if he thinks the ring can give him the power to extend Nene's lifespan.

On the other, he deals with cursed/haunted objects all the time and probably has ways of sensing the Sauron's presence and sealing the ring away. I'd say it's a toss-up.

Yato: Meh, Yato should be fine. Not really much to say on the subject.

Inari (Kyousogiga): Inari keeps Sauron as a pet.

Loki: Loki will probably just bring Sauron back so that he's got another god who owes him favors. They'd have a volatile relationship not unlike how Loki interacts with other dark lords (like Mephisto and Malekith).

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it probably wouldn't affect bender whos a robot and already pretty evil and greedy

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottfreeglc:

Darkseid: This is an interesting idea. Would Sauron be able to influence Darkseid? Or does Darkseid use Sauron?

Kind of a late reply here, but I think Darkseid would end up using Sauron. He already regularly deals with Eclipso's diamonds, which have a similar corrupting effect.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Aizen ignores it

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top Five Characters

Shigeo Mob ignores it, when it tries to tempt him with power.

Hyperion has goes through some soul searching but eventually overcomes it.

Superman melts it with a look.

Gabimaru from hell's paradise also goes through some deep soul searching but ultimately rejects.

And lastly it depends on which one of Jamie Madrox dupes gets their hand on it

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would it also affect general grievous?

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader and Walter White these two most likely falls to the effects of the ring quickly than anyone else i would mention

Aragorn and Rorschach they most likely resist it

Geralt of Rivia honestly no idea even despite i know the limits of the willpower of the witcher