You vs Travis the Chimp

Lemillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll You vs Travis the Chimp (109 votes)

You 39%
Travis 61%
Travis, an 91-kg-chimpanzee, went crazy and attacked her owner's friend in 2007. And left her completely deformed
Travis, an 91-kg-chimpanzee, went crazy and attacked her owner's friend in 2007. And left her completely deformed

I did my research all about it. I think my point was if is there any way to outsmart the chimp or to do something he wouldn't know how to respond to without the use of weapons. Men can capture crocodiles, wrestle bears, fight other men 3 times their size, etc, etc.

I think I would last approx. 5 to 7 minutes in an hand to hand combat. I was an amateur kickboxer during 2012 to 2013, but I would just get into an shock after he ripped one of my genitals. If weapons are available, however, I'm striking my father's crowbar (he's an mechanic) on his forehead and I think he's done. Lol

• 
Lemillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or... Comic Viners vs. Travis the Chimp

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Travis, really.

Average chimps have ripped off the hands and faces of average people when they fought. It's hard to quantify strength though, it's not like we can get the chimps to bench press for science, but they don't fight like people fight. Averages, like I said. And if it is a alpha, the way I see it, the only hope any Viner including me here has is to somehow beat the chimp to death or at least to drive it off without letting it within the grabbing range. I don't care what training you've got, when something animal and more stronger than you is tearing your face off, it's unlikely the fight will go the other way. If you look at chimpanzee environments in wildlife parks, you will sometimes see them simply surrounded by water. No fence necessary. Why? Because of their muscle density; they can't swim. So, put up an animal this strong against an human, MMA skills or no, and the human would be slaughtered. The human's only chance would be a crushing blow to the animal's skull with the bat (with a prayer that it would render the chimp unconscious or dead) before the chimp was able to grab him. If the chimp got a hold of the human, game over.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could hold my own for a couple minutes, I too take martial arts have been since I was 5. But I know thats only gonna get me a few minutes at best. Soon as Travis the chimp gets ahold of me I'm probably dead. Unless I get lucky with any nearby weapons even then, 25%. I gotta believe they are durable as hell. I mean they beat the crap out of each other all the time.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know about this whole case as well. That's some craziness right there. What tripped me the most was that the owner of the chimp said that she bathed with the chimp and let it sleep in her bed, and I'm like... what the actual fuck? The owner acts like she doesn't know why the chimp went Looney Tunes, then? Come on, be real. Leave wild animals alone in the jungle. Domestic animals like pits and even cats can thrash you too, but wild animals do it at an much greater proportion. Would you rather get locked in a cage, for example, with a pitbull or with a jaguar or a chimp? I'd choose the pit without thinking twice.

Chimp wins. And all this because, it's a matter of biomechanics. The insertion points on muscles on a chimp are farther away from the axis of rotation i.e. the biceps muscle attaches further down the forearm than in humans. This allows for stronger forces to be generated with a very small decreased in speed of movement. Chimp wins everytime because he has the "killer instinct" that people are not going to have. For example, when chimps fight in the wild, they bite each other's balls off. To anyone who think they can take a chimp. Are you going to continue fighting him after he bites off your balls? I don't think so and neither do everyone with common sense. I have a Magnum and a Taurus in my house, I'd just shoot the chimp's head with it. But without guns, no way I'm dealing with the chimp. I'm no Tarzan.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get turned into a the walking dead zombie

IWorkAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at almost 20% thinking they could beat a chimp. Maybe if you get super lucky and land a miracle ko hit or you get a good chokehold in, but if you're going into this fight without weapons, you're out of there. Even with a melee weapon, your victory wouldn't be guaranteed, and the chimp would still likely win the majority of matches.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

Everyone gets their face ripped off.

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I neg-diff this ape. Mauling an old woman who couldn't fight back is no feat. Any average male can do the same.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If I was a powerless human in such situation, I'd use this blanket to suffocate him. Or just take off my shoes, blind him, and beat him to death with it. Sorry, but this chimp is no big deal. This attack sad is just like all other animal attacks, and he didn't even killed the lady, while you got animals like The Champawat Tigress out there who made 300+ kills back in the days, Travis wouldn't dream of exist. However, Travis would have to fight off this guy first before getting into me...

My brother with a big-ass dog

I believe Brad (the big-ass dog) dispatch Travis under 60 seconds.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_isshiki: Hell no. Here comes the tough guy, eh?

No. You wouldn't last 3 seconds, I am afraid if it was an adult. They are incredibly powerful and have fiercesome teeth and are extremely smart. When wild chimps attack humans, their modus operandi is dismemberment and an unarmed human would have no chance. If a male chimp is attacking a male human, castration is possible too. But chimpanzees are not monsters. They prefer a quiet life and will attack if they feel threatened or if their territory feels threatened or if they panic. But an aggressive alpha male may also kill to access meat or to show off to other males. It's very rare though, but I would not ever want to be alone with a male common chimpanzees. Bonobos are another species of chimpanzee that is much more passive. They are still incredibly powerful so humans need to interact with captive ones very carefully. Chimpanzees can easily snap us like twigs. Or pull us apart like ragdolls.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@phoenixblue: How much this dog weighs? Because Travis is on the 90 kg mark. Also the scan above proves chimpanzees are not intimidated by dogs.

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@king_isshiki: Wait till they use "chimps are 10 times stronger than men" argument. Hehe

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shoto_todoroki: The big problem with apes in general is that they are generally more susceptible to shock or bloodloss than any other animals. This applies to all apes (including ourselves which explains a lot).

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_isshiki: Where in the world? Because in our world, you can't. Animals know how to fight dirty a lot more than you. It would kick your arse into the middle of next week whatever you did. That 90 kg one is actually overweight and fairly tame and would already wreck u, imagine what a wild alpha male would do. Now, a wild alpha would be formidable. Of course, they would normally not act in an agressive manner towards humans, so your best bet would to act friendly towards it and not mess with it.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue: Absolutely no chance. Look at the size of this thing. Lol. 'm fairly certain a chimp could just pound any smaller creature than him then bite in the chest of the smaller creature killing it instantly. Again, I'm no zoologist either and great apes often gets exaggerated abilities on the internet LOL but Travis chimp can be like... 90 kg. The top weight of a dog like that is what... 70 kg?

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue:

A chimp ripped open a locked car by smashing the window and violently pulling the door. They may Not be 10 times stronger but they are far stronger than your average person.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimps stomps

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 takenstew22  Moderator  Online
King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 takenstew22  Moderator  Online
Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_isshiki: Lol, dude. What the fuck is even a "chud"... understand just one thing; there isn't a man alive who would have any chance whatsoever against a 90 kg chimp. "Neg-diff"??? When he's 3 times faster than you??? I don't think so. The chimp would be on top of you before you even had time to blink. And at that point, you would be just waiting to die... good luck... because you will need. Good luck, boy in the body of a man. Good luck...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Isshiki

@takenstew22:

What makes you think you're gonna end up the same as him

If a 57-year-old man can do that, then I can as well.

used wood and rocks to beat it

the cougar kept coming at him, six or seven times, and he fended it off with punches and kicks to the cougar’s head and ches

^^

how big was this Cougar

91-pound

^^

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: If OP is a former kickboxer and he says himself he wouldn't stand much of a chance... This dude's completely delusional. Just ask any cop what it feel like to subdue a 45 kg drug addict going berserk. Now replace the emaciated druggee with an adult chimp. Teeth or no, the chimp will tear the human apart

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@shoto_todoroki: I was originally going to say chimps, also mainly for animal favoritism but after seeing that first video, I'm going 8/10 MMA fighter or any person who is at least physically fit here on CV. That guy attacked on that island, assuming he's an average Joe, it's not like he was ragdolled or "had his arms ripped off" as Rogan would have us believe. I think a trained fighter who's much fitter and stronger than the average Joe would be okay fighting a chimp. After watching that video, I find it hard to believe someone like, Khabib, for example couldn't control a chimp. Especially when Khabib wrangles with bears... Russian ones.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld: A chimp doesn't have the mental capacity to expect anything, while a human at least can predict some of the things the chimp will try to do. The chimp will literally run into any strike without a second thought... which is very, utterly wrong. So what? Take people like Mike Tyson or The Rock for example. Put them in a state of extreme rage, and they could rip cars doors off as well. Hell, people on state of adrenaline will lift a whole car like it's nothing just to save their babies.

Another thing is that humans are resillent as fuck, if you are fighting against a human that is in a live or death situation, investigations have proved that the human body can survive a lot of punishment and keep going, broken bones, loss of blood and intense pain are things that don't stop a bloodlusted human, the only way to stop a human that is fighting for its life is to inflict severe trauma in a vital area. All in all, a human is just the better animal and the MMA fighter is the better warrior, I hate when people underestimates just how strong a human is, we aren't were we are by mere chance, goddamn it. All the things I said about MMA fighters also applies to pugilists.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue: This is silly. MMA fighters are still just people. An average joe can beat an MMA fighter in a sneak attack with a weapon. I love MMA but people need to take them off the pedestal. They are just other people that train hard and know how to combat the human body while absorbing more pain. However they are still just a guy, like anyone, just an athlete. A wild animal would rip them apart simply because they have no idea how to combat one and their instincts would kick in and they would freak out like anyone else. That video of the chimp "attacking" that average guy is just a chimp doing what a chimp does. Looked like it was playing or throwing a little fit. It doesn't look like it was truly trying to hurt the guy. However, animals don't really have ego and if the MMA fighter fought aggressively enough, the chimp would likely just back down. That would technically be a win for the MMA fighter, but there's no way the fighter would win by incapacitating it or killing the chimp. Animals live physical brutal lives everyday and they are built for just that. Humans do not and are not built for it. BTW guess we already debated about that.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_isshiki: Oh wow, nice argument!

Have you ever had a paper cut and have it bother you all day? You think paper could cut the flesh of a wild savage animal? What about slightly banging your leg or arm on something and it hurts like hell? What about bruising easily? Or stubbed toes and hang nails? We are just not the same and we don't need to be. We don't spend our days physically tearing and fighting other animals larger than us with or bear limbs and teeth.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now post a pic of you in real life here. I bet you look like Harry Sachz from Beavis n Butthead saying you can take down a chimp. Lmao. You're laughable.

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Isshiki
alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the scenario and location. If it's in a house I should have the strength to get to a big knife before being killed.

Cambatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cambatta

That's some fucked up business right there but what would you expect? Chimps aren't considered wild animals for nothing.

Of course I feel bad for the woman but the point here is that only idiots keep wild animals as if them were, actually, domestic animals. Keeping a chimp as a pet is about as smart as keeping a rhino or a poisonous snake as a pet in your house. I know this is going to sound heartless but IMO this was basically Darwinism at work and rather than being a case of survival of the fittest, it was elimination of the dumbest. I'm only sorry that her friend got such a horrible attack. However, I'm sad exactly because it was on her friend and not on the pet owner 'cause they, really, really, never learn. If it happened to the owner, I would then be like... "it serves you right" and just leave the case alone or forget of it. The reason this is so shocking is that John Doe did and Joe Schmoe paid in his place.

OT. Unarmed, one on one, the human has almost no chance. Chimpanzees are far stronger (although not as much as it was believed before) than most humans in the world. While there are slightly stronger humans, the chimp still has the advantage of durability, attack speed, natural weapons, and sheer primal ferocity. While they are one of the most intelligent non human animals in the world, a chimp's brain is very small compared to a human's. Add the fact that a chimp skull is thicker and denser than a human's, and the possibility of a knockout is drastically decreased. Their muscles are harder, bones are thicker and denser, and they will not be as damaged from a single strike as a human would be. Furthermore, there is the advantage of attack speed and natural weapons. In a sprint, only olympic athletes have a chance of outrunning a chimp. But almost no human can attack with the sheer speed and ferocity a chimp has. Also, we only have 2 grasping appendages, compared to the chimp's 4. And the hands that we have a pathetically weak compared to chimps. Their fingers could literally tear through your flesh and cause tremendous damage to whatever part of your body they hit. Not to mention that our pitiful bite would help very little in a fight, whereas a chimpanzee is armed with 4 huge canines and powerful jaws that could easily decimate human flesh. Our jaws, though, are very different than that. For the chance that an MMA fighter has, it would only be a bit higher than the average human's. They may be well conditioned, stronger, faster, and better trained than most other humans, but going up against a chimpanzee is on a whole different level than fighting a fellow human. If the chimp was sick, or an infant, or really old, then the human has a good chance of winning. But for a healthy adult or teenager, especially a male, the human, no matter how well trained, will be reminded of just how puny humans are without weapons. This is assuming I'm unarmed. If I had a knife or bat, my chances would increase, but I would still bet on the chimp. A spear would give the upper hand to the human though, and a gun from a distance gives the human a nearly 100% chance of winning.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

Depends on the scenario and location. If it's in a house I should have the strength to get to a big knife before being killed.

Travis already got stabbed in the back by his adopted mother and he took it just fine before the cops showed up and took him down for good.

Cambatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: People seem to believe that if they were armed with some melee weapon, it would be a no contest win for the human. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/02/16/2009-02-16_police_pet_chimpanzee_travis_attacks_wom.html. The officers had "nowhere to retreat", Conklin said and shot him several times. Bleeding from stab wounds and gunshots, 15 year old Travis staggered down the driveway and into Herold's house where he collapsed and died in a zoolike cage the size of a room." That's right; the chimpanzee's owner had beat him with a shovel, stabbed him repeatedly and the cops finally shot him *multiple* times. He survived all this and was even able to return to his cage to die. Perhaps, a SWAT team could take him down without injury, but otherwise, I don't know. Hardcore animal. With a melee weapon you can do it, but you're putting yourself in risk as well.

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even mike tyson would die

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca@nwname

CV superhumans return!

Poor fools. Maybe they could win if they were 300 lbs of muscle fighting machine. In truth, none of these Viners would beat Logan Paul in a fight.

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Monkey stomps any human

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She wasn't exactly prepared for the encounter though, was she? More of a surprised victim than a methodical killer. Y'all chimp fanboys do my head in.

No Caption Provided

As depicted in the pic above, Travis has barely little to no teeth.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Travis, when he was a cub.

I mean, really?

To be fair, it's the fangs that do the damage, not the force of the bite, our own jaws are leveraged differently, and FAR more efficiently, than a chimp's. As a result, despite our jaws and jaw muscles being smaller, our bite force is STILL about the same. Believe it or not, we have a surprisingly savage bite.

BTW, chimpanzees aren't monkeys. They're apes. They're more closely related to us (proved by genetic analysis) than they are to monkeys.

I'd say there is a chance, but it's a very small one, and you have to know Jiu Jitsu. If you had said gorilla instead of chimp, I would place the odds at a number so small that the likelihood is essentially zero. Certainly the chimp is much stronger even than a very strongman. You also have the fingers (almost claws) and sharp teeth to worry about. The chance might come from the fact that an adult human male is likely to outweigh the chimp. This means that while it is still far stronger, it is not immoveable like a gorilla would be. If you can use grappling skills to avoid the claws and teeth, you might be able to take the chimp's back. From there you have a shot at a rear naked choke, which might render it unconscious. Obviously, this will be very difficult, since the animal will be in a frenzy, and it's still a lot stronger than you are! Bringing in the gorilla again, a human will not have enough sheer mass to move it, and even if you can take its back, you might not be able to get your arms around its throat. I'd also expect the neck to be extremely muscular, so you might not be able to get a good blood choke.

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was a powerless human in such situation, I'd use this blanket to suffocate him. Or just take off my shoes, blind him, and beat him to death with it. Sorry, but this chimp is no big deal. This attack sad is just like all other animal attacks, and he didn't even killed the lady, while you got animals like The Champawat Tigress out there who made 300+ kills back in the days, Travis wouldn't dream of exist. However, Travis would have to fight off this guy first before getting into me...

I believe Brad (the big-ass dog) dispatch Travis under 60 seconds.

The only chimp that can stop this dog is Caesar Planet of the Apes

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol travis gonna give all of yall face transplants

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL! Travis rips my face apart

Frozone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy:

So... what. Those fingers you ram in its mouth are immediatly bit off. Then you are fighting one handed, while pouring blood, against a beast that is much faster and 2 to 3 times stronger than an adult male. It immediately pins you to the ground with its speed and strength and your bloody stumps on the floor, thus making it basically helpless to prevent it from biting off your face and then your other hand. Blind, faceless, handless, it either starts eating you alive or leaves you to bleed out, either way it collects the champion trophy and some poor bastard begins the long messy job of cleaning up your blood along with severed body parts. Fight is done.

I mean, let's be serious now. Chimps have a much more nastier set of teeth than humans, including 1 1/4" canines, great mainly for slashing and tearing, and their neck and shoulder muscles are stronger and also have way more leverage. Many of the chimp's muscles are attached at a farther distance from the joint than humans which causes for them a loss of range of motion and fine motor skills, but give them MAINLY a HUGE boost in brute strength. An adult male "troglodyte" chimpanzee has arms around 10 times stronger than an average adult human male. What this means is that they can tear a full grown man's arm off with sheer brute strength. After that, due to shock and massive blood loss, the fight is over and you die.

PaengYu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PaengYu

You die the moment a chimp rage on you. Unless it's from a zoo where it's domesticated.

Frozone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paengyu: yes, exactly.

also,

Had a friend in Huntington Beach, California, a number of years ago setting up a small zoo (city denied his proposal). He walked into a spider monkey's cage to do whatnot. The animal was hanging from the top of his enclosure and as "Mike", who weighed a good 136 kg, the monkey, in an apparent rage, reached down and picked him up off his feet. These apes are great, and way stronger than most people think they are.

Loading Video...

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By heiqn

Chimp solos the comic Marvel and DC let alone barely street tier Comicvine Travis is easily multiversal omnipotent and omnipresent

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Travis is nothing to joke about, he can rip your face apart.

He is very fast and very strong, i geuss any man can take knife and try to kill him before he kill you, but h2h without weapons, any comic vine user would die.

Killmonger101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are humans who could win this. But none of them are here on CV.

Avatar image for deactivated-6426fc107166b
deactivated-6426fc107166b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Chimps up to 2 times stronger than a Human?

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By reaperace  Moderator

@king_isshiki: Warning for insults. You just don't learn, do you?

Three day ban to make your head straight.