You know how broken the world is when this happens...

• 69 results
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pyrogram

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283777/Family-schoolboy-9-hanged-home-claim-hounded-death-Asian-bullies-white.html

• Rip , Things like this show you how shit the world is turning. Since when do 9 year old's hang themselves for being bullied for being white..

• Aaron Dugmore, nine, found hanged at Birmingham home by his mother
  • Believed to be Britain’s second youngest 'suicide' caused by bullying
  • The schoolboy was rushed to hospital but died of suspected cardiac arrest
  • Family claim Aaron was being tormented by bullies at his new school
  • Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding Aaron's death

By SUZANNAH HILLS and STEVE NOLAN

PUBLISHED: 16:54, 24 February 2013 | UPDATED: 17:46, 24 February 2013

Tragic: The devastated mother of nine-year-old Aaron Dugmore uploaded the last photo she ever took of her son to Facebook after she sound him hanged at their Birmingham home

The parents of a nine-year-old boy who was found hanged in his bedroom have claimed that their son killed himself because of racist taunts from Asian bullies.

Aaron Dugmore died in hospital 24 hours after his mother Kelly-Marie found him hanged at their Birmingham home earlier this month.

And Miss Dugmore, 30, and husband Paul Jones, 43, spoke out today about the bullies who allegedly taunted him for 'being white'.

The couple say that Aaron was threatened with a plastic knife by one Asian pupil.

He was warned that next time the knife would be real.

Aaron's parents say that complaints to the school fell on deaf ears and nothing was done to stop their son from being bullied.

Miss Dugmore told The Sun: 'Aaron got on with all the children at his last school and for him to be bullied because of the colour of his skin makes me feel sick to my stomach.'

The youngster was a pupil at Erdington Hall primary school in Birmingham, joining the school in September last year.

His parents say that the youngster began began arguing with his siblings and eventually admitted that he was being bullied by a group of Asian youngsters at school.

Paul said: He said one kid even said to him, "My dad says all the white people should be dead".'

Miss Dugmore said that she approached school headteacher Martin Collin in a bid to rectify the problem, but alleges that she was told that she didn't have to send her son to the school and that it was their choice for him to be there.

More...

A spokesman for the school, rated unsatisfactory by Ofsted, said that Aaron had 'settled in quickly'.

Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the youngster's death.

Emergency crews, including paramedics and police, were called to Aaron's family home in Erdington, Birmingham, earlier this month.

'It's better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all': The message written by Aaron Dugmore's mother Kelly on her Facebook page

He was rushed to hospital where doctors desperately attempted to revive him but he died the following day from a suspected cardiac arrest.

His grandmother Toni Dugmore, 49, from Birmingham, put a poster condemning bullying on her own Facebook page earlier this month

She wrote: 'I AM AGAINST BULLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

'Gone but not forgotten': Friends and family paid tribute to the young schoolboy

The school, which caters for 450 pupils aged 3-11, received an 'inadequate' rating by Ofsted inspectors last year.

Aaron had started in Year 5 recently but, according to staff, had already 'settled in quickly' with his classmates.

Family and friends have paid emotional tributes to the popular lad on Facebook.

Cousin Jack Jones wrote: 'RIP Aaron gone but not forgotten. We will always miss you.'

Many also expressed their horror at the bullying allegations.

Friend Claire Louise wrote: 'Thinking of u at this very very sad time think these schools need to fix up on friking [sic] bullies now this is getting unbelievable and out of hand now.'

Lewis Thomas said: 'All them dirty little bully’s [sic] that bullied our little friend Aaron to take his own life you just need to get a grip and hope you all rot in a hole RIP AARON WE ALL LOVE YOU xxxxxxxx'.

Tracy Wood wrote: 'rip to arron 9 year old boy who sadly taken his life cause of nasty bullys this needs to stop its disgusting that kids can be so cruel to others in this world bring your kids up right or dont have them rip Aaron god bless you little man.'

Pupil: The family of Aaron Dugmore claim he was being bullied at Erdington Hall Primary School

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

You realize this isn't the first time something like this has happened right? I mean if you're just now realizing the world is broken, or whatever.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CrimsonCake

Now we have to post links to positive articles to combat this.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xanni15

This is horrible.

Just wait till people start claiming he needed to toughen up, be a MAN and beat up those bullies. Or maybe that they were bullied and grew up fine. smh

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HBKTimHBK

It's sad that this is becoming common place to hear.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pyrogram

@InnerVenom123 said:

You realize this isn't the first time something like this has happened right? I mean if you're just now realizing the world is broken, or whatever.

I know dude, just another grain of sand :/

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonsterStomp

It's probably happening right now. The fact is, we can't really do anything about it.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Sad as it is, it's not recognized as racism if a minority group goes after Caucasian kids.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Samimista

=( This really is heartbreaking to read. Especially that this happened at such a young age.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By consolemaster001

"Racisim isn't a political view, it's a mental illness." @Pyrogram:

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pyrogram

@consolemaster001 said:

"Racisim isn't a political view, it's a mental illness." @Pyrogram:

what?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Sad as it is, it's not recognized as racism if a minority group goes after Caucasian kids.

Sad but true :(

@Samimista said:

=( This really is heartbreaking to read. Especially that this happened at such a young age.

I know right :(

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@Pyrogram:

Now I'll be wondering if the kid will be worth enough to be mentioned in the news and newspapers. I hope he will, but knowing that the Academy Awards here in California is hot sh*t, he'll be ignored for the movies.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pyrogram

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@Pyrogram:

Now I'll be wondering if the kid will be worth enough to be mentioned in the news and newspapers. I hope he will, but knowing that the Academy Awards here in California is hot sh*t, he'll be ignored for the movies.

Again sad but true D:

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crimsonlord53

My mom's a teacher and she had a middle eastern student dress as a suicide bomber for Halloween one year he also threatened her and follow students with a plastic AK nothing was done in anyway to discipline the student. My brother wore a black shirt and a red arm band to school and was nearly expelled.

It's sad that where more concerned with appearing correct then actually doing the correct things. Racism is racism no matter which way the hate/intolerance runs.

R.I.P young man I hope your in a far better place.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pyrogram

@Crimsonlord53 said:

My mom's a teacher and she had a middle eastern student dress as a suicide bomber for Halloween one year he also threatened her and follow students with a plastic AK nothing was done in anyway to discipline the student. My brother wore a black shirt and a red arm band to school and was nearly expelled.

It's sad that where more concerned with appearing correct then actually doing the correct things. Racism is racism no matter which way the hate/intolerance runs.

R.I.P young man I hope your in a far better place.

Well done :)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@InnerVenom123 said:

I agree with this. While this is a tragic story, I am not surprised.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pyrogram

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

You can tell shit is real when a story like this does not surprise you..Did not surprise me :(

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

I need to go cry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

You can tell shit is real when a story like this does not surprise you..Did not surprise me :(

Well I knew that it wasn't going to surprise me already. Still, my condolences go out to the family.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Hmmm. Never thought I'd see the day when someone would be bullied for being White. That's F***ked up. I hope those kids go to juvie. Shame when a kid that young kills himself. He hasn't even lived life yet and now he can't, Condolences to the family and may peace be upon him.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As I have said before the ironic thing about racism is that its colour blind.

This is just truly awful.What else can be said?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AtPhantom

@Pyrogram said:

What the hell kind of messed up world do you people live in? From my point of view a nine year old committing suicide for any reason whatsoever is very fracking surprising.

I don't mean to detract from the obviously horrible tragedy that happened, but come on. This is not a common occurrence.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtPhantom

@Pyrogram said:

I live in a world where I do not hide from these things and actually see it, don't tarnish everybody with the same brush my friend. This is not the worst thing that I have seen or read.

Man there's a difference between ' there are worse things' and 'not surprising at all'. Of course there are worse things. We live on a planet of seven billion. You're bound to find worse things out there just through probability. It still takes a special kind of jadedness to say "Oh, a nine year old committed suicide? Saw that coming." (And to be clear, that may not be what you meant, but it's exactly how this whole thread sounds like)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Pyrogram said:

I live in a world where I do not hide from these things and actually see it, don't tarnish everybody with the same brush my friend. This is not the worst thing that I have seen or read.

Man there's a difference between ' there are worse things' and 'not surprising at all'. Of course there are worse things. We live on a planet of seven billion. You're bound to find worse things out there just through probability. It still takes a special kind of jadedness to say "Oh, a nine year old committed suicide? Saw that coming." (And to be clear, that may not be what you meant, but it's exactly how this whole thread sounds like)

Not my fault I am not fazed by this stuff, sorry. Worse happens.

What do you mean by not fazed? I mean this is a terrible occurrence weather it is common or not.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Pyrogram said:

@AtPhantom said:

@Pyrogram said:

Not my fault I am not fazed by this stuff, sorry. Worse happens.

What do you mean by not fazed? I mean this is a terrible occurrence weather it is common or not.

I mean I do not get emotionally attached to this or else I would be sad all the time... I have done victim support I am telling you worse happens. You cannot get too close.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram:I never said that worse doesn't happen I just wanted to know what you meant by not being fazed.

One can be "sad" or a variety of emotions about instances like this as I was without dwelling on it.It would be unhealthy to dwell on such.But its perfectly natural to have an emotional response to such instances.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pyrogram

@Pyrogram:I never said that worse doesn't happen I just wanted to know what you meant by not being fazed.

One can be "sad" or a variety of emotions about instances like this as I was without dwelling on it.It would be unhealthy to dwell on such.But its perfectly natural to have an emotional response to such instances.

And my emotional response was to make this thread out of disgust at what happened and how terrible it was.

Sorry , I mean by fazed, it means It does not really make me feel much sadness anymore as it happens so often ( not this specifically ) I am not "effected" how I should be, if that makes sense? I will elaborate if needed.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram said:

And my emotional response was to make this thread out of disgust at what happened and how terrible it was.

Sorry , I mean by fazed, it means It does not really make me feel much sadness anymore as it happens so often ( not this specifically ) I am not "effected" how I should be, if that makes sense? I will elaborate if needed.

Yeah I see.

I think it makes sense could you elaborate further though?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pyrogram

@mrdecepticonleader: I am involved in the police, I see and hear stuff like this more often , much more often than the media tells, SO, I am more "used" to it than the average person. So it affects how I feel about it. Simple enough to understand? accidentally unfollowed you just now btw , corrected that xD

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By INLIFE

The World Is And Has Been Broken For A Long Time. In Such A History And Reality, One Is Left To Ask "When Will It Be Fixed?"

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram said:

@mrdecepticonleader: I am involved in the police, I see and hear stuff like this more often , much more often than the media tells, SO, I am more "used" to it than the average person. So it affects how I feel about it. Simple enough to understand? accidentally unfollowed you just now btw , corrected that xD

Okay yea I understood the first time I just wanted to know more as all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom said:

@Pyrogram said:

What the hell kind of messed up world do you people live in? From my point of view a nine year old committing suicide for any reason whatsoever is very fracking surprising.

I don't mean to detract from the obviously horrible tragedy that happened, but come on. This is not a common occurrence.

Well I recently heard about some 7-year old being killed. I'm not saying this isn't tragic, I'm just saying this doesn't surprise me, especially since everything bad happens every day.

However, my question is how did the kid commit suicide without anyone knowing? Weren't there parents, or some sort of adult at the house when he did this action?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pyrogram

@AtPhantom said:

@Pyrogram said:

Well I recently heard about some 7-year old being killed. I'm not saying this isn't tragic, I'm just saying this doesn't surprise me, especially since everything bad happens every day.

However, my question is how did the kid commit suicide without anyone knowing? Weren't there parents, or some sort of adult at the house when he did this action?

I know man, shows how much the kid was cared for in reality..

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SC  Moderator

Worlds not broken, that it implies that at one point things were good. ^_^- Right now we are actually living in a pretty good world. Horrible things happen sure, they always have, for the first time in like ever, we actually have the technology, transparency and ability to know how bad things are. We are no long ignorant to many of the bad things that do happen, can happen and have happened. Today we can even know why and how our psychology works so we feel and respond over proportionately to somethings like singular deaths than say the painful deaths of thousands every day. We even know ways to overcome that natural bias.

People cope with tragedy, and disturbing news in a variety of ways though of course. Some with cynicism, some stoicism, jadedness, optimism, by shifting the focus or narrowing it. The way I cope is by trying to appeal to people to keep bettering things. We stand on the shoulders of giants, how can we prevent other tragedies. In this particular situation I am quite annoyed at the role the school played here. Parents in general also need to step their game up.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By kuonphobos

@SC said:

Worlds not broken, that it implies that at one point things were good. ^_^- Right now we are actually living in a pretty good world. Horrible things happen sure, they always have, for the first time in like ever, we actually have the technology, transparency and ability to know how bad things are. We are no long ignorant to many of the bad things that do happen, can happen and have happened. Today we can even know why and how our psychology works so we feel and respond over proportionately to somethings like singular deaths than say the painful deaths of thousands every day. We even know ways to overcome that natural bias.

People cope with tragedy, and disturbing news in a variety of ways though of course. Some with cynicism, some stoicism, jadedness, optimism, by shifting the focus or narrowing it. The way I cope is by trying to appeal to people to keep bettering things. We stand on the shoulders of giants, how can we prevent other tragedies. In this particular situation I am quite annoyed at the role the school played here. Parents in general also need to step their game up.

I agree. In the past things have been much, much worse.

My only query is if the progress can be maintained, or is there a future "Dark Ages" on the horizon?

As demographics shift throughout the West prejudice and harassment will find it's way from the new dominant group(s) to the old dominant group(s). The prejudice is not new. The difference is that the power which once restrained it is changing hands.

salamatsabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By salamatsabi

@Pyrogram: so kid dies because he's white. This is gonna piss off a lot a people so I'm not gonna get into this much

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pyrogram

@SC said:

Haha, that is a good point :P But seriously, go to Africa or some Muslim countries ( no offence to people of these religions but its true ) and you will see that we are still living in backwards times as a race.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:

True

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lykopis

Bullying can and will end.

The racism in this instance has been recognized.

Yes, it's not "as common" as other prevalent groups subjected to racism. However, pointing out how "white" people can be discriminated against doesn't prove anything except racism affects everyone. If this is being held up as evidence that "white" people suffer too, then okay? Still don't get the point? If it's to lay claim to equality in terms of discrimination -- in the Western World at least -- then no. No.

Stories being brought up in this thread are disheartening, however, I would prefer evidence as I can't understand how a school would think a child dressed as a suicide bomber (regardless of the child's ethnic background) for Halloween claiming his bomb will be real next time wouldn't be taken seriously. As for dressing as a Nazi? While just as horrid a choice for a child to employ for Halloween -- it should have been allowed. Both costumes generate discussion either way. It's the threat of physical harm I would have taken issue with.

Please don't blame the parents. We don't know the specifics and parenting is extremely difficult. A nine year old child - while young - is not an age adults would be particularly stringent when supervising. Children drown in pools -- in bathtubs and yes, commit suicide while at home. This could have easily happened in the bathroom, door locked.

The world is a better place. That we even know there are horrible happenstances in parts of it is an improvement itself. It makes some people want to change things. It makes some people plan to.

As for now, I will just continue crying for this precious boy's family and for him.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is insanely sad.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By FalconPuuunch

9 years old? how does a 9 year old get to this point? A hanging is not like other forms of suicide. It's one of the worst kinds because usually the inflicted wants to inflict as much pain to themselves as possible before dying. This poor kid must have been through a lot to want to do this to himself. Nine year-old kids aren't suppose to be worrying about race or suicide. They are suppose to be carefree and at peace. I can't believe we live in a world where nine years olds kill themselves. When I was nine all I worried about was Pokemon cards and candy (and I grew up in a shitty neighborhood). This may not be an uncommon thing, but when you really think about... it's just heartbreaking. Kids can't even be kids anymore. They can't even get to experience the bliss of being innocent anymore. It's not just this kid or in this place, it's everywhere. UGh.... I know I have probably said this many times, but this is the first time I have actually meant it. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SC  Moderator

@Pyrogram said:

Haha, that is a good point :P But seriously, go to Africa or some Muslim countries ( no offence to people of these religions but its true ) and you will see that we are still living in backwards times as a race.

Thanks - for your second point, I want to make sure you know that I am not directing this rant at you okay? Its just a general overly preachy rant directed at no one lol I respect and value what I consider your attitude and perspective towards making the world a better place.

The idea that a person needs to see first hand an experience or situation to truly understand how horrible it is is something that people have to start overcoming, because its very true that first hand experience is a very good way to increase a persons awareness, perspective and that first hand experience can give them a degree of awareness and knowledge on a situation that may not be possible to the same extent anyway else, but its also an excuse and failing of empathy, education and willingness. You do not have to go to Africa to see horrific things, or have a competent grasp of the horrific things happening there. Its important to tackle this because its a part of the reason that area and many others aren't being addressed. Perhaps 50 years ago it may have been a valid excuse, actually in fact charting and examining attitudes towards Africa and starvation and sickness and so on is quite poignant. Many countries experienced a big wake up call when televised images of many of the horrors in that continent, its countries were shown. You had big public drives to donate, celebrities held concerts, songs were released with proceeds to go to the poor starving children, and then most people had their fill and then they went back to their own lives and how and why people attempt to help with that specific problem fluctuates every few years.

I mean in many ways thats quite a "backwards" development, the better our ability and technology to show you whats happening in another part of the world, and our ability to communicate and pool together resources, and the results of these improvements? KONY 2012? Oi vey. Truth is its important to also know on a very individual human level what motivates a person to sincerely, help, what can develop their empathy, what factors make them lose their fire, how to make a naive young person care about such problems in a real and intellectual level instead of just an emotional, societal level. Those are things a person can do where they are without any travel.

The other thing I will say is that what is happening in the countries you mentioned? They are the consequences of our species explosive success as much as anything, so I can understand why you would use the term backwards, for me, the movement has only been forward but in away that I might describe as... ah okay, human development? Sometimes a persons bones can grow so fast and large that it causes very negative effects on the rest of the body that is suppose to house it. The rest of the body is not ready to accommodate this rapid bone growth and it causes bad things for the overall body. Our race is always moving forward, and growing, which makes it harder to fix and reign in and solve really. Its why I tend to think backwards is (and I believe it can be used as a synonym for what I just described) but as far as descriptive metaphors go, limiting.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Wonder if Viners could get, i don't know, lets say uh good news? Filling this with horrible news just isn't something that is cool. I'd rather see Goku vs. superman threads, than uh murdered children.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By Rumble Man

Getting bullied for being white o_O ?

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By InnerSuperman

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward."

-Rocky balboa

nobody gets bullied more than me and i mean NOBODY but i don't care it does not bother me because i don't let it. its that simple my friends if being bullied is enough to make you kill yourself then you had some mental problems in the first place .

sorry im just telling it like it is.

do what makes you happy and you will shine.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pyrogram

@SC: Very well said, Thank you for taking the time to write that :)

@InnerSuperman: I love that quote. But I disagree with the mental issues.

@lykopis said:

Please don't blame the parents. We don't know the specifics and parenting is extremely difficult. A nine year old child - while young - is not an age adults would be particularly stringent when supervising. Children drown in pools -- in bathtubs and yes, commit suicide while at home. This could have easily happened in the bathroom, door locked.

I gave some blame to the parents, I detract that, what you say is only too true. Especially the bathroom thing made me sad :( Thank you for giving your view.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pyrogram

@jeanlucpicard said:

Wonder if Viners could get, i don't know, lets say uh good news? Filling this with horrible news just isn't something that is cool. I'd rather see Goku vs. superman threads, than uh murdered children.

Bumpyboo made a good news thread I think :P

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lykopis

@InnerSuperman:

While I can certainly appreciate your perspective due to your experience - laying claim no one can be bullied more than you hardly quantifies your assertion bullying is something one must "get over. " Suicides due to bullying is exactly that -- due to bullying. It's the bullying itself that can instill and/or amplify feelings of loneliness, helplessness and low self-esteem. Mental issues that contribute to suicides.