You have a $500,000,000 budget & 10 years to shoot the greatest movie of all time or your head explodes!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7
deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whats your movie about?

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My film would be about a young man the age of 16. He has a hard life, Father died in a work accident, hes bullied everyday because of his lips, And his mother is working multiple jobs to support him and his little brother. His little brother looks up to him and thinks hes the greatest ever. The older brother constantly contemplates suicide, and is planning out his death every night because he cannot stand to live in this world, as he thinks life isnt fair, the only thing making him not go through with it is his younger brother. Eventually the older brother decides to go through with it. Right before hes about to jump the younger brother comes and asks him what hes doing, the older brother explains and the younger brother begs him not to do it. The younger brother finally stops and says "ok... and he steps on the ledge with his brother. The older brother says "what are you doing?" The younger brother goes "If i cant convince you, ill join you" realizing what damage he has done the older brother rethinks his decisions and changes for the better.

Brainiactic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brainiactic

First thing first: Ryan Gosling. I'll just build from there.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: Greatest movie of all time? Say if you do make the greatest movie of all time, how will you know? The quality of a movie is subjective to a certain point.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So... pay Guy Ritchie to do another gangster movie then? Sorted

Avatar image for zacrimsonwarudo
ZaCrimsonWarudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonball Evolution 2 :)

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How am I supposed to afford Dywane the Rock AND Brenden Fraiser for another mummy movie?

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill just live the best 10 years of my life with that money.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lord_Titan_

Im so glad that you asked this, i was thinking of becoming a director/writer one day but of course it would depend on how well i can tell a story, so here we go...

Ok this is going to be a long post, but here is how i could do it basing it in the mcu (hey, don't steal my idea)

The soul soldier trilogy

Ronald rodriguez is an mexican-american who grew up off the suburb of mexico city, mexico. His mother was a cook and his father worked for the SF corps (Mexican special forces) where he was a high ranking commando. One day, ronald's father kissed his son goodbye, and headed off to the barracks to complete a special mission. Unfortunately while on the way to the barracks he was kidnapped by a mercenary known as the "La mongekas", a group of armed militias who vowed to kill anyone who threatens their drug trade.

"Tell us the time and the place of the operation, or we will cut your balls off!"

Ronald's father took an oath before he joined the special forces. He knew that if he split the beans, his entire team of special forces would be killed, and that the gang would have probably killed him as well, but if he kept his mouth shut, the gang would still kill him anyway...

"I refuse! Kill me if you must!"

After a week or so, ronald and his mother received the news that they had both dreaded...

"Ma, what is it?"

"Im sorry son... But your daddy is gone..."

3 days of mourning were dedicated to the man who not only fought to protect himself but others around him, and despite the sorrow and the anguish both ronald and his mother felt, they knew they had to move on...

A few weeks after that, and ronalds heart started to grow cold, he began to feel angry at the world, and everything in it. He had stopped going to school, started doing drugs, and even joined a rival gang of the La mongekas, called "La juentos" in hope for revenge against his killers.

But joining a life of crime in the hope of finding peace would not end well for ronald, as he found himself arrested for attempted murder.

But to his surprise, he was not arrested by no ordinary man, this man was the same man who served alongside ronald's father, his name was general santos, and the God spoken words of this man changed ronald's life forever...

"Son... I knew your daddy very well, he was the best commander we had around here, always put others ahead of himself, was willing to make sacrifices whenever he saw it fit, and do you know something? He told me that he wanted his son to grow up to be just like he was, a brave, courageous citizen of the law willing to put his god damm life on the line when someone was in danger. He wouldn't want to see his son caught up in a life crime wasting his life away, your father made a promise to me that if anything were to happen to him that i ensure you would achieve your destiny, and let me tell you something son, you put your head in the right direction and there won't be limits as to what you can achieve!"

Not surprisingly, ronald found general santo's words very encouraging and the two developed a close relationship with each other, a few years down the line after climbing up the ranks in the military he decided to try and set up his own police force, with enough funding and support from the government as well as raising private equity, there was finally a breakthrough, and ronald became the sole director of a brand new police force called, "The national protection unit", which had barracks throughout america and mexico.

One day, ronald's office got a call from s.h.i.e.l.d that there was a powered individual on the lose, ronald didn't know it at the time, but this was a familiar enemy to s.h.i.e.l.d, known as black heart, who had just kidnapped general santos and a few other individuals

Ronald tried to get there as soon as he could, but it was too late, blackheart had already corrupted the souls of all but one of his team members, general santos

"What the bloddy hell do you want!"

"I want your soul!"

"Take me! But don't take him with you!"

Just as ronald charged against the demon, there was a loud flash, and silence...

"Human, your bravery is admirable, i have never seen anything like it... I could not help but to just sit and watch while this creature continues to deceive and corrupt, despite him already being banished once "

"Where is he now? And why am i here?"

"Do not worry where he is right now, you have baffled me and caused me to have great admiration for your cause, go now, back to your dimension known as earth, as i have granted new powers to you, you now have the power to cleanse souls, and to rescue them, for you are now zarathos's counterpart!"

"Wait! Who are you! And why did you choose me!"

But ronald heard no answer, and he was cast out of the realm by a mysterious being who had not chosen to reveal his true identity to ronald

"Ronald, are you ok!? We thought you died bud"

After being knocked out for 3 minutes, ronald finally woke up from what seemed to be an eternity...

"I feel like a changed man, i feel the light shining through my body, i feel pure..."

"What should we call him? Oh great one?"

"I think i shall call him... The soul soldier..."

Budget : 175$ million

The next two films for the trilogy i'd have him fight ghost rider and thor

Hope that was fun to read

@causeimbatman Please give this a 10/10 stars

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill just live the best 10 years of my life with that money.

This is why you'll never have that money....

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Boys

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lord_titan_: 10/10 due to this:

"Tell us the time and the place of the operation, or we will cut your balls off!"

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it was nice having a head while it lasted.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, it was nice having a head while it lasted.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd get George Lucas on deck and make a movie on Star Wars: The Old Republic. At least it was worth a shot.

Any leftover money would be donated to charity. Well, at least I helped.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Buckwheat

I would make "Paper, Rock Scissors the Movie"

It would be inspired on Manga and those old Bruce Lee movies, with a touch of humor and a lot of drama.

Ryan Gosling would be the protagonist. Jean Claude Van Damme would be the protagonist's sensei.

At one point the protagonist would brake one finger and get his index and middle fingers taped together, hence being unable to pull out the "scissors" but he would still win because... Oh wait

No Caption Provided

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hire Tomy Wiseu as protagonist and director and make The Room 2

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

Yes! So much yes! Is Jason Statham in it?

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly itd be easy

Quentin Tarantino and martin Scorsese writing and directing.

Actors/actresses:

Leonardo DiCaprio

Tom hanks

Uma therman

Meryl streep

Halle barry

Robert deniro

Sam jackson

Boom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just use that cash to live the best 10 years of my life.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised that only one person said this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom said:

I was surprised that only one person said this.

Malzahaar also did.

Just film your $500,000,000 10 year long adventure documentary & maybe you'll win the "Greatest Movie Of All Time" award.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There is literally no way I'm gonna make the greatest movie of all time. I could never match masters like Marty Scorsese, Frederico Fellini, Francis Ford Coppola, Akira Kurosawa or Satyajit Ray. Never. Also, why the fuck do you need a budget of 500 mil? Lol a budget like that would likely just make you lose focus on the narrative and film form side of making a movie so it would probably ruin it if anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themaximus: I think it's implied you're supposed to write and direct. Anyway, good plan!

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By legacy6364

OPTION 1

A dystopia future were crime is so bad that the government has genetically engineered beings, donned with the abilities of flight, enhanced strength, and invulnerability. These advanced beings are named ‘GUARDIANS’. With tension between humans and GUARDIANS rising, the threat becomes more evident when an anti GUARDIAN terrorist begins a campaign of gorilla warfare against the government.

Basically 2012 Dredd meets The Dark Knight, written and directed by Christopher Nolan.

OPTION 2

A Rated R comedy about an alcoholic, self-destructive, overly sarcastic, foul mouth Magician (Played by David Tennant), taking on a naive idealistic apprentice (Played by Daisy Ridley or Brianna Hildebrand). (EDIT)

Basically Deadpool meets Harry Potter, written and directed by Edgar Wright and Tim Miller.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OPTION 1

A dystopia future were crime is so bad that the government has genetically engineered beings, donned with the abilities of flight, enhanced strength, and invulnerability. These advanced beings are named ‘GUARDIANS’. With tension between humans and GUARDIANS rising, the threat becomes more evident when an anti GUARDIAN terrorist begins a campaign of gorilla warfare against the government.

Basically 2012 Dredd meets The Dark Knight, written and directed by Christopher Nolan.

OPTION 2

A Rated R comedy about an alcoholic, self-destructive, overly sarcastic, foul mouth Magician (Played by David Tennant), taking on a naive idealistic apprentice (Played by Ellen Page).

Basically Deadpool meets Harry Potter, written and directed by Edgar Wright and Tim Miller.

Only if she's being sexually assaulted or tortured. It's the only thing Ellen Page is good at. SHE SUCKS!

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take the money and run off and disappear in Cambodia.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfreak2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Batfreak2424

I would make the REAL Star Wars sequel Trilogy, Episode 7 will be what's happens 5 years after episode 6, how Luke meets Mara Jade, you know all the legends stuff, and it will lead up to Episode 8, in Episode 8 and 9 it will be about the Yuuzhan vong war

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By legacy6364
brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Exploding heads.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd just remake Pooty tang.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My film would be about a young man the age of 16. He has a hard life, Father died in a work accident, hes bullied everyday because of his lips, And his mother is working multiple jobs to support him and his little brother. His little brother looks up to him and thinks hes the greatest ever. The older brother constantly contemplates suicide, and is planning out his death every night because he cannot stand to live in this world, as he thinks life isnt fair, the only thing making him not go through with it is his younger brother. Eventually the older brother decides to go through with it. Right before hes about to jump the younger brother comes and asks him what hes doing, the older brother explains and the younger brother begs him not to do it. The younger brother finally stops and says "ok... and he steps on the ledge with his brother. The older brother says "what are you doing?" The younger brother goes "If i cant convince you, ill join you" realizing what damage he has done the older brother rethinks his decisions and changes for the better.

Kinda digging this...who would be directing and starring?

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Airbender remake

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Not sure at this point. Im not familiar with actors 16 and below.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: I got the actors names confused, but still,.......

No Caption Provided

Played by Daisy Ridley

Yes! Daisy Ridley is such a freakin' cutie I can hardly stand it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take off with Bumpyboo and the money and head to Cambodia

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@giliad_ said:

Course he is (*read in Tyron’s Voice*)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:
@ughwhateverfine said:
@giliad_ said:

Course he is (*read in Tyron’s Voice*)

Kung Fu Statham or Hustler Statham?

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EdBlank

It would have to work on more levels than the Matrix

Pretty tall order

I'd develop a social structure that is optimal for modern Humans (which we're all working on every second in ways)

Then - whatever the plot of the movie is - I'd make sure to lay out the rules of the optimal structure during the course of the film. Just by having the characters already exist in this world. Perhaps a little post cataclysm type action.

That way, real people see the optimal system and adopt it. Humanity evolves in one giant step.

And the movie would be fun. Mechs and Demons and Aliens oh my.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd think of something. It'd take me a minute.