• 84 results
zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zr0c00l

So the japanese live action film version of FMA will have Edward and Alphonse Elric portrayed by japanese actors rather than cast European whites as they are in the source material.

I personally couldn't care less other than the fact the guys blonde wig looks stupid im still gonna watch it. Im just wondering If all the sjws crying about netflix's deathnote, Iron fist,dr.strange and ghost in the shell haters are gonna get on board for the representation of these white characters being cast as a different race.

Side note- I think it's funny that with all the "whitewashing" criticisms. No one seems to even mention baron mordo's race change to black from white european (dr.strange) or L's race change in the netflix deathnote but are instead focusing on the white actors.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By _Logos_

Lmao that trailer was so awful rest in peace FMA, this movie doesn't count towards your true legacy.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: I find that compairson actually pretty silly, Hollywood has 100% access to good and fitting asian actors.

Japan has 100% no access(and in such a case money) to good and fitting european actors.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: I find that compairson actually pretty silly, Hollywood has 100% access to good and fitting asian actors.

Japan has 100% no access(and in such a case money) to good and fitting european actors.

define good. because the only asian actor i heard of actually auditioning for deathnote was edward Zo who i could be wrong but pretty sure is korean and not japanese.... just shoehorning in other asian races and pretending they are the same is actually more racist than going with a white/black american adaptation imo. And aside from that hes not a quality actor from the very little ive seen.

Also are you really gonna say there are no europeans living in japan cause i know for a fact that there are and there are even some that act out there so it was an option.

I dont see the big deal about an american adaptation using the two majority races in its version as the leads (white and black) id love to hear your thoughts as this is wrong. Also why you seemingly ignored the other points of people only caring when its white people getting the roles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just stop making live-action versions of anime? They usually end up complete garbage...

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just stop making live-action versions of anime? They usually end up complete garbage...

Lol i agree with this. attack on titan was HORRIBLE and i was so excited for it.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like an excuse, people can't complain about white washing when most anime characters look white to begin with yet be ok with it when the cast gets Asian washed

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Live action Anime is like live action games. Shit

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yellow washing ? That's a first lol

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree but still hoping one will get it right for games and anime. battle royale was pretty good imo though.

Yellow washing ? That's a first lol

LOL its all about catchy buzzwords nowadays

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup: excuse how This movie was specially made for the japanese audience not for american/western people

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup: excuse how This movie was specially made for the japanese audience not for american/western people

and the western movies/shows everyone's complaining about are american productions made for american audiences and white people are still the majority.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Audience is irrelevant, it's still the concept of a live action portrayal. People can't be ok with one but then complain about the other. Double standards

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: but Japan isn't a mixed race country like Canada or the United States

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zr0c00l

@rahiem9123 said:

@zr0c00l: but Japan isn't a mixed race country like Canada or the United States

They have foreigners living there but yeah not even close to as racially diverse i see what youre saying but that kind of logic doesnt come into play when the people im complaining about make the whitewashing claims. for example the people wanting scar jo to be cast as japanese are asking for representation for 0.4 % of the population

japans non asian foreigners are .6% of their population. a good chunk of those are white why shouldnt the same rules apply to them?

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thebuckaronatr

@zr0c00l said:
@thebuckaronatr said:

define good. because the only asian actor i heard of actually auditioning for deathnote was edward Zo who i could be wrong but pretty sure is korean and not japanese.... just shoehorning in other asian races and pretending they are the same is actually more racist than going with a white/black american adaptation imo. And aside from that hes not a quality actor from the very little ive seen.

Also are you really gonna say there are no europeans living in japan cause i know for a fact that there are and there are even some that act out there so it was an option.

I dont see the big deal about an american adaptation using the two majority races in its version as the leads (white and black) id love to hear your thoughts as this is wrong. Also why you seemingly ignored the other points of people only caring when its white people getting the roles.

Huh? Hollywood has enough money and possibilities to get any japanese actor they want, i highly doubt that the same is true for a japanese live action production the other way around.

How many good european actors do you think live in japan? Or will you honestly tell me they should just grab a random white guy from the street, or a crappy actor?

I ignored them cause i find the whitewashing debate(and also all the guys who constantly complain about that debate) absolutly idiotic. Scarlett Johannson for example don't fits in the role of Motoko Kusanagi cause of her build, not her skin color.

And considering that Hollywoods quality ratio for anime live adaptions is even worse than for videogames, would i prefer that they completely stop with this(or get people who are able to do it).

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh? Hollywood has enough money and possibilities to get any japanese actor they want, i highly doubt that the same is true for a japanese live action production the other way around.

Actors such as? and did they audition?

How many good european actors do you think live in japan? Or will you honestly tell me they should just grab a random white guy from the street, or a crappy actor?

how many good japanese actors of the specific age range the production was looking for and were available to film were there?

I ignored them cause i find the whitewashing debate(and also all the guys who constantly complain about that debate) absolutly idiotic. Scarlett Johannson for example don't fits in the role of Motoko Kusanagi cause of her build, not her skin color.

fair enough

And considering that Hollywoods quality ratio for anime live adaptions is even worse than for videogames, would i prefer that they completely stop with this(or get people who are able to do it).

Japans live action adaptations arent any better

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Zetsu-San

@sirfizzwhizz: All You Need is Kill got a live action adaption with Tom Cruise, and it's really damn good.

Most "bad video game movies" were all directed by the same guy.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zetsu-San

@zr0c00l: Japan doesn't have easy access to white actors. Hollywood has plenty of talented Asian actors/actresses.

I don't consider this racist, just cringeworthy and immersion breaking.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zetsumoto: meh, I didn't like the .... Whatever we are calling it now film. I though it had oknfight scenes but the plot was stupid mess IMO

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Not sure how the plot was a mess. The pacing was fine, the plot was easy to understand while still havind decent twists, the characters were likeable/interesting, the action was good, the humor was great. I really can't think of anything to complain about for the movie.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Amnesiak

Kenshin movies were cool

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Doofasa

I get your point.

Have people considered that instead of white, black or yellow washing that producers/directors might just be casting the most talented and willing actor or actress?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lolol such garbage

why would they cast an asian as Edward

doesn't even look right

this might end up being worse than the AoT live action movie

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l said:
@queen_marceline said:

Lol i agree with this. attack on titan was HORRIBLE and i was so excited for it.

You guys didn't like GitS? (with Scarjo) sure, more times than not they flop but they can produce a good ones.

OT: I don't care about ed/al (pretty much everyone in the cast) being played by Asians. It is not pivotal to the characters whatsoever.

But sense they went that route, they should make Scar/Ling foreigners (europeans) so the physical differences between an ishvalan & amestrian is easily noticeable.

but admittedly im alot more easy going with stuff like this than most, the only one that ever got under my skin was Elba playing Roland deschain in the new Dark Tower series. But Roland has relationships with people where it would weird his being black

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not again...

I'm getting even more scared for Naruto.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because Japan don't care and they are not as diverse as America. I mean race washing is BS for the most part and the movie going to suck either way.

Klaa2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The second Guyver film was good.

LannibleHecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares if they're Japanese... it's gonna suck either way

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: Japan doesn't have easy access to white actors. Hollywood has plenty of talented Asian actors/actresses.

I don't consider this racist, just cringeworthy and immersion breaking.

i feel like saying any old asian will do is just as or more racist then putting in white people. if i cast vietnamese people as japanese then thats basically saying theres no difference between the two. japanese population in america is 0.4% how many of those are actors? how many are good? and how much budget are we willing to risk to appeal to .4% of the population. i feel like with hollywood the only color that matters and should matter is green.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ending was shit senpai

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it is hypocritical that the "Oscars so white" crowd has no issue with this. Don't get me wrong, I could not care less about who stars in Full Metal Alchemist, but what I'm saying is, if you lose your mind over Scarlett Johannson in Ghost in the Shell, but are fine with this, you are a hypocrite.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zetsu-San

@zr0c00l: That's ridiculous. No, it's not saying there's no difference between the two; it's called casting someone who looked the part and can play the role.

Is it racist for Hollywood to cast British characters in American roles? Does it mean there's no difference between the two? What about white Americans in French or German roles? Djimon Honsou has played everything from Brazillian to Mende. Is that racist?

There are plenty of Japanese American actors, and actors from Japan would JUMP at the chance to star in a big budget hollywood film. Your entire argument is stupid.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zr0c00l

@zetsumoto said:

@zr0c00l: That's ridiculous. No, it's not saying there's no difference between the two; it's called casting someone who looked the part and can play the role.

Is it racist for Hollywood to cast British characters in American roles? Does it mean there's no difference between the two? What about white Americans in French or German roles? Djimon Honsou has played everything from Brazillian to Mende. Is that racist?

There are plenty of Japanese American actors, and actors from Japan would JUMP at the chance to star in a big budget hollywood film. Your entire argument is stupid.

1) So all asians look the same to you? i think we found the real racist here.

2) considering brazil (my parents birth country) is near 50% descendants of african black people (from many african countries) no. djimon honsou is fine playing a brazillian.

3) i asked you to name some and asked if they auditioned or were available to audition

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l:

1) I am Asian, and it's all the same race just different countries. There is a bit of a difference in look depending on region/country, but that difference is not reflected in everyone.

2) So all Black African's look the same to you? "I think we found the real racist here"

3) I npdon't memorize actor/actress names. Just type Japanese actors or actresses in google, and you'll get a bunch. Hollywood has a lot of resources, if they have someone in mind they can get into contact with them fairly easily. If Japan wanted an American actor, it would be very hard and very expensive for them to grt one.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zetsu-San
zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: Now you are just trolling.

This whole thread was meant to be trolling for the people with such clear double standards when it comes to bashing whitey's like you and me for getting roles but saying nothing when its a different race doing the same.

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yellow-washing? FMA?

What does Trump have to do with FMA?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zetsu-San

@zr0c00l: That's not trolling, that's called trying to make a point and failing. Also, I am Vietnamese.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: That's not trolling, that's called trying to make a point and failing.

considering most people here in the thread agreed then followed by people totally indifferent and then in last place people like you disagreeing id say my point is valid and stands.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zr0c00l
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: I don't care enough. This conversation has gotten tedious and stupid.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: I don't care enough. This conversation has gotten tedious and stupid.

didnt think so.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock

Lmao @ "yellowwashing."

At first glance, having Japanese actors portraying characters that were intended to be White in FMA looks strange. Also, different races/cultures were depicted in the show, specifically the Xingese, who appeared to be Asian. The Amestrians are White and the Ishvalans an indigenous race with light brown skin and red eyes. But, ultimately, the show was created by Japanese folks. The movie itself is also funded by Japanese folks. I doubt that they have the budget or the demand to cast actors from the West, either. That said, you can't really blame them. Plus, it's their property. They can do whatever they want with it.

@zr0c00l said:

This whole thread was meant to be trolling for the people with such clear double standards when it comes to bashing whitey's like you and me for getting roles but saying nothing when its a different race doing the same.

So, you made this thread to troll people that have an issue with Whitewashing?

Like I said already, the Japanese created and have ownership of FMA, therefore they can cast Japanese actors (on top of the possibility of them not having the budget or demand to cast White actors from the West). It's not the same in Hollywood. There, they have the means to cast actors of Asian descent in films adapted from anime. They just don't want to for obvious reasons. Plus, the properties adapted from the Japanese don't belong to Hollywood AND they are Whitewashing characters intended to be Japanese. I'm pretty sure the circumstances aren't the same.

You said that there are Europeans living in Japan, right? Okay. How many of them are talented actors? How many of them understand and speak Japanese in a movie intended for Japanese audiences?

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao @ "yellowwashing."

At first glance, having Japanese actors portraying characters that were intended to be White in FMA looks strange. Also, different races/cultures were depicted in the show, specifically the Xingese, who appeared to be Asian. The Amestrians are White and the Ishvalans an indigenous race with light brown skin and red eyes. But, ultimately, the show was created by Japanese folks. The movie itself is also funded by Japanese folks. I doubt that they have the budget or the demand to cast actors from the West, either. That said, you can't really blame them. Plus, it's their property. They can do whatever they want with it.

except when they license those rights its at the purchasing parties discretion what they do with it. the japanese company selling those film rights (for boatloads of cash) have no right to anything in that movie anymore unless stipulated in the contract.

@zr0c00l said:

So, you made this thread to troll people that have an issue with Whitewashing?

Like I said already, the Japanese created and have ownership of FMA, therefore they can cast Japanese actors (on top of the possibility of them not having the budget or demand to cast White actors from the West).It's not the same in Hollywood. There, they have the means to cast actors of Asian descent in films adapted from anime.

any asian will do?

They just don't want to for obvious reasons.

Thats more reasonable then i expected when i saw max landis on the screen i agree its about the money.

Plus, the properties adapted from the Japanese don't belong to Hollywood

They paid huge sums for those rights to make their version.

AND they are Whitewashing characters intended to be Japanese. I'm pretty sure the circumstances aren't the same.

You said that there are Europeans living in Japan, right? Okay. How many of them are talented actors? How many of them understand and speak Japanese in a movie intended for Japanese audiences?

The same questions could be asked of japanese actors of appropriate age/talent in america