XBOX360 vs PS3

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

I think this may have been done several months ago, but PS3 has a lot more games out and isn't as new.

I own an XBOX360 and I am trying to decide if I should buy a PS3. I have not been happy with my XBOX because it locks up a lot and College Football (my favorite perennial game) doesn't have anywhere near the features that even the PS2 had. Anyone who has both 360 and ps3 or who has played both extensively please tell me what you think. Should I buy the PS3???

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Barry Flash

Not that this helps to the topic but...

I have played a PS3 and it was great, i'm now getting one form my upcoming Birthday.

And i have never played a Xbox 360, although i really want to. So, i can't really judge what is better between the both, but i would recommend buying a Playstation 3, they are really cool.

Xepher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xepher

I'm actually torn between which to get......soon I'll be working, and I want to buy one of them, but I don't know which! I mean, 360 has Halo 3, Mass Effect, etc., but PS3 has Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous.....it's too hard to choose.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Barry Flash

Xepher says:

"I'm actually torn between which to get......soon I'll be working, and I want to buy one of them, but I don't know which! I mean, 360 has Halo 3, Mass Effect, etc., but PS3 has Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous.....it's too hard to choose."

Haha, i know that's what i was like a few months ago, but seens as i have no way at all to play the 360 and i've played the PS3 i just stuck with the PS3.

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cpt_linger

i was playing xbox 360 yesterday and it was very fun. Guitar Hero III, DEVIL MAY CRY 4, Kane & Lynch, Gears of War and I must say it was very VERY entertaining.

However having seen the previews for GTA IV on PS3 I just cant go past the fact of life that I am going to buy it. GTA IV i saw will be $149 Australian Dollars when it is released... which sucks but is soo worth it! CANNOT WAIT! and for cricket game on wii

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By zero edge

I predict another PS3 price drop this year, they just created a smaller and cheaper blue ray laser and also they're starting to build PS3s with a smaller cell processor which will also help the price, so I'd hold up on it. Maybe they won't do a price drop to get some profit, but I believe Sony is finally turning a profit already, so a price drop isn't that far fetched. Also another reason I'd recommend to wait till later this year is when they start releasing the PS3s with the 40nm cell processor, it's going to help the cooling A LOT.

Anyways as for the game, are you playing NCAA Football? If so, the PS3 version runs it at 30 frames per second, whereas on the 360 it runs on 60 FPS, meaning it's a lot smoother on the 360 then the PS3, I've tried it and the 360 is a lot smoother. The same goes for Madden.
Post Edited:2008-02-23 17:17:19

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rotten gun

my 360 is currently being fixed by microsoft, woohoo! red rings of death strike again, the good thing though is all 360's have a 3 year warranty for the red rings so atleast its free

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Valkaad

zero edge says:

"I predict another PS3 price drop this year, they just created a smaller and cheaper blue ray laser and also they're starting to build PS3s with a smaller cell processor which will also help the price, so I'd hold up on it. Maybe they won't do a price drop to get some profit, but I believe Sony is finally turning a profit already, so a price drop isn't that far fetched. Also another reason I'd recommend to wait till later this year is when they start releasing the PS3s with the 40nm cell processor, it's going to help the cooling A LOT. Anyways as for the game, are you playing NCAA Football? If so, the PS3 version runs it at 30 frames per second, whereas on the 360 it runs on 60 FPS, meaning it's a lot smoother on the 360 then the PS3, I've tried it and the 360 is a lot smoother. The same goes for Madden.
Post Edited:2008-02-23 17:17:19"

My problem with the XBOX360 version of NCAA is that you cannot even do formation subs!! I love setting up my team and moving players around based on formations, the PS2 has had this feature for years and the 360 doesn't! I also really hate the 360's menu interface for NCAA. I really appreciate your post because I have been "feeling" a price drop coming as well (Target is already offering a $40 in store gift card for the 40gb PS3). I think I will wait it out.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warlock360

Xbox 360

Sephirim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sephirim

the 360 has more games and the online is better even though you have to pay

im a microsoft fan so i have to say 360

Dark Rayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Dark Rayne

Sephirim says:

"the 360 has more games and the online is better even though you have to pay im a microsoft fan so i have to say 360"

Yea But Your still gay lolz

larry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By larry

X-BOX 360 IS TAKING OVER ALL PS3 GAMES BUT!!! PS3 WILL HAVE A ACE UP THERE SLEAVE JUST WATCH!!

Liquid_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Liquid_Ice

Ill say 360 for the moment but PS3 is really good as well

The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers