protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By protectyournose

X-Box

If I remember correctly, PlayStation 3 got their system hacked by the Japanese. And people from ps3 got their money stolen. X-Box has better protection for the game system.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

Depends... 

If the game is an RPG, adventure, or fighter genre the PS3 Fans have more to discuss about. 

If the game is an FPS the X-Box fans have more to talk about. 

Multi-Platform games are the ones that tie in the the two to discuss together otherwise there would be nothing to really share about for the two dedicated gamers. 

As for hardware, the PS3 is an overall better hardware that has more potential. But X-Box Kinects blows the PS3's Eye Toy out of the water.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bane_of_sith

All the games made for both systems that I've played I enjoyed much more for Xbox...the controls and overall gameplay was much smoother...ps3 has games made just for them like metal gear and some others that are awesome but Xbox IMO just runs nicer and Xbox live is way better than PSonline

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By icysloth

this is in the wrong forum, it needs to be moved

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheSecondOpinion
@Bane_of_sith said:
All the games made for both systems that I've played I enjoyed much more for Xbox...the controls and overall gameplay was much smoother...ps3 has games made just for them like metal gear and some others that are awesome but Xbox IMO just runs nicer and Xbox live is way better than PSonline
The multi-platform games for X-Box plays smoother because the games were built via PC MS tools that are much more compatible with X-Box.  The PS3 uses Linux and the hardware is a different architecture so that every time a multi-platform game is ported to the PS3, it is converted and looses alot of its quality. Hence the choppy framerate drops and sounds etc. They (3rd party developers) rather convert codes from X-Box to PS3 because PS3 is more expensive to develop for by scratch.
SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By SoA

ps3 owners did have to suffer from the playstation network being hacked... once . how many x-box owners had this happen to them, multiple times?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Blacklightning13

This thread does need to be moved.

PS3 beats Xbox in most areas.

It has more good exclusives. PS3 has 30+ exclusives, most of them are really good. Xbox 360 has fewer exclusives, and on average are of a lower quality.

PS3 runs blu ray instead of HD DVD. It gives the disc more space so the games are larger and it runs faster.

PSN is free while Xbox Live has to be payed for.

Despite what people argue PSN is better then Xbox Live since the hack (the others are fakes). While Xbox Live runs on consoles being linked together PSN runs through all of the consoles being connected to a main supercomputer. The signal is then sent back out to the consoles the original console is playing with. This sounds like it is slowing it down but it actually increases its speed and quality.

Xbox Kinect vs Play Station eye. The eye is of a lower quality the Kinect definitely wins. But then again the Eye was released 3 years earlier. But the argument is irrelevant now. If you asked me 3 years ago Xbox wouldn't have had a competitor.

Xbox Kinect vs Play Station Move. I know that is is similar to the argument above. But it is still similar technology. This argument unlike the above is debatable. Many don't like wands so it would make this argument pointless. While others like wands so the console can better watch them. I personally don't have a preference between the two styles. I do like Move better but thats my opinion and this one is to opinion based for a definite answer for which ones better.

Controllers are down to preference.

In the price of console Xbox is cheaper.

Xbox 360- 2

Play Station 3 - 4

So as you can see PS3 takes the majority.

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheSecondOpinion
@SoA said:

ps3 owners did have to suffer from the playstation network being hacked... once . how many x-box owners had this happen to them, multiple times?

No Caption Provided
Good point.... One way or another, both sides are getting ripped off. 

The Dreamcast was actually the best system because after the piracy issue, Sega was the one getting ripped off by its gamers, not the other way around.
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blacklightning13

@Nutupnutdown: Information to back this up? Also thats your opinion. I base my comments off sales and IGN reviews.

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

^ FPS Gamer

Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blacklightning13

Me? Yes i play BF3, I used to play COD and still play halo.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shawnbaby

Only Fanboys of either side need to have this debate over and over again.

Do you like the system you have? Good. Don't like the other one? Fine.

It's simply a matter of personal preference. There really is no objectively "better" system. Not in any meaningful way at any rate.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By SoA

@Nutupnutdown: yeah just like the red ring , cant play any games and you paid money to either fix or replace system red ring was the precursor to the ps3 hack.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonsterStomp

@SoA said:

No Caption Provided

I never had an issue with that haha.

Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blacklightning13

@Shawnbaby: I disagree. I own an Xbox and I really like it. But i'm not afraid to admit PS3 is better. I'm not going to switch console I'm happy with my Xbox. But PS3 is better.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Xanni15

I prefer the 360, if for nothing else than the controllers are better (bigger) and my hands fit them easier.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Blacklightning13 said:

@Shawnbaby: I disagree. I own an Xbox and I really like it. But i'm not afraid to admit PS3 is better. I'm not going to switch console I'm happy with my Xbox. But PS3 is better.

It's all about the games you play...not the system you play them on.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#19  Edited By Outside_85

Hmm, well my choice was made back when I decided whenever I should get a Playstation or a Nintendo 64, and I have stuck with Playstation since. Mainly out of loyalty, but also because the X-Box offers me nothing worthwhile (I generally hate most FPS games)...and I really dont feel I need to give Microsoft any more money.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MonsterStomp

I played an xbox my entire life. Went I went to my friends, she had a ps3, I agreed and we played some cod. I could not handle that control, she was laughing because I talked myself up all week. I blamed the control and she was like "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh, riiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt". Xbox has more stability with the control. Trigger systems make a FPS more intense. Online servers feel better. Both have pros and cons, I just think if Sony spent a little more time with the little things, it could make a huge difference. I just hate the control man. I'll go all day saying that.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b7951b78280
deactivated-64b7951b78280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fARdxkovMhQ&feature=BFa&list=SP1D9A3AA06892139D (this video shows the pros and cons of the xbox and ps3)

Xbox 360 fans are definitely more loyal than PS3 fans. The fans bought the xbox 360 although it had a few issues like the red ring of death. Oh and lets not forget the halo fans and why they bought the xbox.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shawnbaby

@MonsterStomp said:

I played an xbox my entire life. Went I went to my friends, she had a ps3, I agreed and we played some cod. I could not handle that control, she was laughing because I talked myself up all week. I blamed the control and she was like "Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh, riiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt". Xbox has more stability with the control. Trigger systems make a FPS more intense. Online servers feel better. Both have pros and cons, I just think if Sony spent a little more time with the little things, it could make a huge difference. I just hate the control man. I'll go all day saying that.

Most PS3 users say the same thing about the X-Box controller. If you are used to one...the other is going to seem clumsy and unwieldy.

Also, When it comes to FPS...you should be playing on a PC

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@Shawnbaby said:

Only Fanboys of either side need to have this debate over and over again.

Do you like the system you have? Good. Don't like the other one? Fine.

It's simply a matter of personal preference. There really is no objectively "better" system. Not in any meaningful way at any rate.

This, certainly.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dextersinister

@TheSecondOpinion said:

@SoA said:

No Caption Provided
Good point.... One way or another, both sides are getting ripped off. The Dreamcast was actually the best system because after the piracy issue, Sega was the one getting ripped off by its gamers, not the other way around.

Dreamcast had some excellent games but the games I enjoyed I could easily understand how someone else would think they where a sack of balls. It didn't have enough decent or varied games to justify widespread appeal.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dextersinister

I own an Xbox but I despise the idea of console exclusive titles, you are effectively paying more for a game so someone else can't.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Shawnbaby said:

@MonsterStomp said:

Most PS3 users say the same thing about the X-Box controller. If you are used to one...the other is going to seem clumsy and unwieldy.

PC is stupid for fps. I only tend to play RPG's and all that medievil war 3rd person stuff. I can't press (space), reach my thumb all the way to the 5, while my other fingers are bussy fiddling with the w,a,s,d,shift. Like WTF? I guess I'm not that skilled. I just like it all compacted into one control, a,b,x,y,right stick can easily be manipulated with one thumb, left stick with left thumb, triggers with left and right index, and the rest, get to relax. 4 fingers at least. PC, its a full on battle with you and the keyboard. Not worth it.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Army2442

I prefer X-box but both are awesome and way above the wii.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shawnbaby

@MonsterStomp said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@MonsterStomp said:

PC is stupid for fps. I only tend to play RPG's and all that medievil war 3rd person stuff. I can't press (space), reach my thumb all the way to the 5, while my other fingers are bussy fiddling with the w,a,s,d,shift. Like WTF? I guess I'm not that skilled. I just like it all compacted into one control, a,b,x,y,right stick can easily be manipulated with one thumb, left stick with left thumb, triggers with left and right index, and the rest, get to relax. 4 fingers at least. PC, its a full on battle with you and the keyboard. Not worth it.

Well...it all goes back to what i said earlier...It all comes down to personal preference and what you are used to. I've been playing FPS on PC for 20 years now..I can't stand using a Controller for those kind of games.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Shawnbaby said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@MonsterStomp said:

Well...it all goes back to what i said earlier...It all comes down to personal preference and what you are used to. I've been playing FPS on PC for 20 years now..I can't stand using a Controller for those kind of games.

Damn straight. This thread should be locked before starting a full on nerd war for the point that it depends on personal preferences. Pssht.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@SoA said:

No Caption Provided

I got that elite bro.

Also PS3 had something similar.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I was looking for comments about the internal workings of the system and which makes for better gameplay,,,not just a preference war, if I opened floodgates I'm sorry lol

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dextersinister

@Bane_of_sith said:

I was looking for comments about the internal workings of the system and which makes for better gameplay,,,not just a preference war, if I opened floodgates I'm sorry lol

Either your not very bright or you where looking to start something and just outright lying. The OP gave no mention that you cared about the internal workings, asking who had the most loyal fans and whose side you where on is clearly asking for sides to be taken.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Outside_85

@Bane_of_sith: The problem is that most people only have one or the other and their experience of the other system will be fairly limited as a result. (Like MonsterStomp demonstrates, take one player and give them the other console and they will immediately be put off by how the controller lies in their hands and perfomance and experience will be colored by that).

That said, between the two, there most likely isn't one that is truly better than the other. Unless you want a blue-ray player...then there's only one choice :)

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I said who has more loyal fans and which has better games..a system with better games and graphics should have a better system to run it with out glitches,,,I'm not a troll and the only ones who aren't very " bright" are people who would take this so personally that they fight about it...people on this site tend to take things way to personally,,,you didn't create the ps3 or the Xbox did you? Just answer a simple question with out starting a war, I think many games look and run better on Xbox but someone pointed out that the software used to create it was more compatible with MS systems,,,that's the stuff I'm looking for,,,and loyalty isn't meant to divide the group, I just was curious to see how many people still swear by their play stations ever since the old days of dream cast and sega Saturn and Nintendo 64... I hated Xbox at first an swore that I would never not have a PS but now I have a 360 and love it more then ps3 I wanted to see who else shares that opinion... If you get this angry about game systems your gonna have a very short life,,probably being cut short by a heart attack at a young age

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spawn_123

Xbox

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kingkronos

PS3

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By nefarious

Nobody wins.

Abirzenith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Abirzenith

Personally i prefer Xbox 

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Baldy
No Caption Provided
JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By JamesKM716

I much prefer the Xbox. I prefer the controller, and system itself.

I've had a few problems with the PS3, but that's my own fault. I will say that it probably does have better exclusives.

Still, i prefer the online of the Xbox, the controller, the dashboard, and the harddrive of the 360 over the PS3

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

This should be in Off-Topic.

Anyways,

- Red Ring of Death doesn't apply to modern Xbox anymore.

- Xbox has better security, and didn't get hacked.

- Xbox has better exclusive video games in my opinion.

(last one is my opinion)

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ximpossibrux

Xbox, i have yet to see a Ps3 exclusive match up to Halo.

Gow3 is single-player and you can only really play 1 time through, same with Drakes fortunes and Infamous.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#43  Edited By AssertingValor

X-Box for better overall Gameplay...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Outside_85

@XImpossibruX said:

Xbox, i have yet to see a Ps3 exclusive match up to Halo.

Gow3 is single-player and you can only really play 1 time through, same with Drakes fortunes and Infamous.

You say that as if it is a bad thing :)

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By solesamurai

@Nutupnutdown said:

@Blacklightning13 said:

@Nutupnutdown: Information to back this up? Also thats your opinion. I base my comments off sales and IGN reviews.

Most PS3 games sell like shit also. You'd be lucky for a PS3 exclusive to break a million

IGN is massively Sony bias also. Greg Miller is the biggest PS3 nut hugger on the internet

@SoA said:

@Nutupnutdown: yeah just like the red ring , cant play any games and you paid money to either fix or replace system red ring was the precursor to the ps3 hack.

So how long did it take for your mom to get her credit card information back?

You seem like a wonderful bag of fact bringing knowledge what if I told you 80%+ of all exclusive(x-box and ps3) sell over a million copies? Have you ever even used ps3 before? The credit card info thing was stated as a possibility, it never actually happened(as in it's possible that with the down time some credit card info could be stolen)People have also hacked into government databases and stolen info from there too, I guess that makes the governments security service crap to right? Please stfu and gtfo you're an obvious retarded fanboy.

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By solesamurai

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

This should be in Off-Topic.

Anyways,

- Red Ring of Death doesn't apply to modern Xbox anymore.

- Xbox has better security, and didn't get hacked.

- Xbox has better exclusive video games in my opinion.

(last one is my opinion)

This is actually wrong in every aspect. people still get RRoD, Xbox security has nothing to do with it getting hacked or not as I've said before government databases have been hacked, Nasa has been hacked etc. If a hacker wants in they'll get in regardless.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By Mercy_

Switching this to off-topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blacklightning13:

ABC logic doesn't work here.

PS3's are known for disconnects due to the console tech, and just because something is free doesn't make it necessarily better.

I'd say that Xbox has a better online service as they have more money to play into it, which in turn increases the quality.

Yes the PS3 has some great exclusive titles but to state that Xbox exclusives are 'on average of a lower quality' is just naive.

Former Xbox exclusives included Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Rising and Saints Row; and not even going into games that are still not on PS3, which are Xbox (or windows) exclusive's like Halo, Gears, L4D2, Metro 2033, COD2, Alan Wake. The list goes on.

PS3's disks are better, and that I'll admit but Kinect is vastly superior to Move in the fact that it is innovative whilst the Move is quite clearly based off a prior design with no serious improvements. And before you claim that the Kinect is the same as the Eyetoy I'll ask one question. Can the eyetoy use full 3-D mapping landscapes or control quadrotors and robots with your hands and body?

Didn't think so.

I'm not an xbox fanboy by the way, I've had experience with both consoles and can decide that PC Gaming is vastly superior to any console.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By theTimeStreamer

3 words: GOD OF WAR. and a number: 3!!!! plus a new one on the way.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@XImpossibruX: its because of people like that we get multiplayer shoved down our throats in games that shouldnt and werent meant to have multiplayer. i know you'll come with the argument: dont play multiplayer. sometimes we dont have a choice because of the difficulty and when it isnt needed and just added it takes funds away from making the game even better. screw halo and the xbox.