X-Men and Gladiators (UK TV series) Name Rip off

DrKellogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DrKellogg

I don't know if many of you have seen the Gladiators (UK TV series) , but they seem to have riped off alot of names from x-men. Phoneix, wolf, Rogue etc

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By whacknasty

Lol. Is that the one where the normal people go up against the really muscular, athletic "gladiators" in different events?  There was a version on here in the states when I was growing up (one of the reasons I have crushes on women body builders to this day I think...) and I think like 2ys ago Hulk Hogan was co-host on a new re boot that didn't last too long... 

I guess there are only so many cool and scary names you can come up with before you hit the comics for ideas...

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Could just be coincidence.
Weren't there more non X names than X-names?

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ForbushBug

It's been canceled for a while now so what's the point? Besides, it was Vogue, not Rogue and a wolf isn't a wolverine. So out of a couple dozen Gladiators, that leaves Phoenix. Considering a phoenix is a bird found in Roman mythology and its a show based on Roman gladiators, I don't think its a stretch think maybe the the fact there's a comic book character by that name ( and not the first one) is irrelevant.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch

The British have Gladiators? Barbaric...