• 94 results
ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ronki23

Before everyone jumps and says “Oh wrestling is fake and UFC has real fighters”, think about it this way; WWE has WRESTLERS-wrestling is an integral part of MMA and they’d be pretty good wrestling and grappling MMA fighters. As for being “fake”-it’s entertainment right? You get entrance music,costumes,jumping off of the turnbuckles and hitting with steel chairs as well as a storyline! Not to mention IT SHOULDN’T MATTER IF IT’S FAKE-YOU DON’T KNOW THE OUTCOME ANYWAY!
Not to mention you have to be fit and skilled pulling off of the moves and lasting the allocated time for the match.

Plus,UFC doesn’t have people like:

Wrestlers are good,well,wrestlers. I think people like Triple H,Undertaker,Batista and Khali would do well if they trained for proper wrestling and then they’d do well in MMA BECAUSE of their wrestling experience.

Not to mention they’re buff and individual compared to those in cage fights who always seem to be under 200lbs and are always bald with tatooes and always seem to do only Muay Thai and BJJ even though other martial arts (karate,judo,japanese jiu jitsu,san shou) exist!!!

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Baldy

Both are fake and both suck.

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ronki23
@Baldy said:
" Both are fake and both suck. "
UFC is "fake"?!!!  What you on man?!
Alexman113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alexman113
@ronki23:
Brock Lesner was a multiple time WWE champion, went to the UFC and stomped everyone until he became champion. I think that speaks for itself.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Static Shock
@Baldy said:
" Both are fake and both suck. "
UFC isn't fake....
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

The only thing that WWE has on UFC is the payout. Those wrestlers get paid millions of dollars to act like they are fighting.

fanboy#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fanboy#1
@alexman113 said:

"@ronki23: Brock Lesner was a multiple time WWE champion, went to the UFC and stomped everyone until he became champion. I think that speaks for itself. "

that is so true but brock lesnar is HUGE his head is like gigantic and he has no neck im not surprised he beat them he just overpowered them in my opinion he has no technique (no that's Kimbo Slice)
mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mv

Both suck in my opinion lol i wacth wrestling just not this stuff
GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GOUKI
@Baldy said:
"Both are fake and both suck. "
you must be on dog food if you think the UFC is fake. now if u think it sucks than i cant really do anything to change ur opinion on that.
now WWE wrestling, thats FAKE.  but its entertainment.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By whacknasty

Well, I just want to add that though the WWE is all about entertainment, with pre decided results and writers just like any soap opera on tv.... 

The injuries are very real, and the amount of training/conditioning the "wrestlers" have to go through just to not go out and cripple each other every night is mind boggling...  So I give them the nod for overall athleticism and work ethic, but i dont know how well that would crossover to real fighting for every one of them...
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Klandicar
@alexman113 said:

" @ronki23: Brock Lesner was a multiple time WWE champion, went to the UFC and stomped everyone until he became champion. I think that speaks for itself. "

Lesnar is decent, but he isnt on Fedor's level.  He also never beat anyone really good yet.  Beating up a 50 year old Randy Couture doesnt count.
celmaijmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By celmaijmen

it can go either way...since both are humans

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock
@Klandicar said:

"Lesnar is decent, but he isnt on Fedor's level.  He also never beat anyone really good yet.  Beating up a 50 year old Randy Couture doesnt count. "

So, Frank Mir doesn't count?
GOUKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GOUKI
@Klandicar
yea,  
i dont think his UFC record is worth really talking about yet. but he is a decent fighter and i like brock, i have since he was on WWE. 
too bad he's out right now
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By whacknasty

What is Brock's weight anyway?  Maybe there should be a Super-Heavy weight class... 

I think it is pretty impressive that he beat Mir, since the difference in experince was pretty big, imo...
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Klandicar
@Static Shock said:
" @Klandicar said:

"Lesnar is decent, but he isnt on Fedor's level.  He also never beat anyone really good yet.  Beating up a 50 year old Randy Couture doesnt count. "

So, Frank Mir doesn't count? "
He lost to him also first.  The second fight he just laid on Frank Mir with his huge weight advantage.   When Mir got some hits in Brock quickly took it to the ground because he was losing the striking game (even though Mir's striking isnt so great).   Mir isn't Fedor, the moment he fights Fedor is the moment his size advantage is nullified by superior skills.
celmaijmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By celmaijmen

I dont know dude this mega buffed guys like brock lesnar suck most of times when it comes to a fight but anyhow it can go either way

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@ronki23 said:
"  Before everyone jumps and says “Oh wrestling is fake and UFC has real fighters”, think about it this way; WWE has WRESTLERS-wrestling is an integral part of MMA and they’d be pretty good wrestling and grappling MMA fighters. 
Umm... WWE Wrestling is not the same as Greco-Roman wrestling by any means. Calling those two the same is like calling a McDonald's hamburger and Kobe Beef Steak the same thing.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:
" The only thing that WWE has on UFC is the payout. Those wrestlers get paid millions of dollars to act like they are fighting. "
even though Pro Wrestling is fake... its still very taxing on the body... you have to keep in mind many of these guys have to do 250 - 260 shows a year... so all of that jumping around and getting body slammed on those mats do work your body quite a bit... and if you really think about it... Pro Wrestlers dont get paid a hell of a whole lot compared to other athletes... sure some of them may make 2 or 3 million a year... but when you are expected to perform at least 250 times a year... then you are really working for your money... 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@inferiorego said:
" @ronki23 said:
"  Before everyone jumps and says “Oh wrestling is fake and UFC has real fighters”, think about it this way; WWE has WRESTLERS-wrestling is an integral part of MMA and they’d be pretty good wrestling and grappling MMA fighters. 
Umm... WWE Wrestling is not the same as Greco-Roman wrestling by any means. Calling those two the same is like calling a McDonald's hamburger and Kobe Beef Steak the same thing. "
spits drink lol
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
@Klandicar said:
"He lost to him also first.  The second fight he just laid on Frank Mir with his huge weight advantage.   When Mir got some hits in Brock quickly took it to the ground because he was losing the striking game (even though Mir's striking isnt so great).   Mir isn't Fedor, the moment he fights Fedor is the moment his size advantage is nullified by superior skills. "
Despite all of this, Frank Mir is a really good fighter, and Brock Lesnar beat him. All this other stuff you're talking about doesn't mean anything. The fact still remains.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Gambler said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @ronki23 said:
Umm... WWE Wrestling is not the same as Greco-Roman wrestling by any means. Calling those two the same is like calling a McDonald's hamburger and Kobe Beef Steak the same thing. "
spits drink lol "
::cleans up drink::
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Korg
@King Saturn said:
" even though Pro Wrestling is fake... its still very taxing on the body... you have to keep in mind many of these guys have to do 250 - 260 shows a year... "
Who in the WWE does 200+ shows a year??
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
@Korg said:
" @King Saturn said:
" even though Pro Wrestling is fake... its still very taxing on the body... you have to keep in mind many of these guys have to do 250 - 260 shows a year... "
Who in the WWE does 200+ shows a year?? "
lots of wrestlers there still do... when you add up the shows Televised and the shows they do Off Circuit it is around 200 + shows... they just had John Cena on ESPN... talking about how many superstars dont get much time off and how they do around 250 shows a year... 
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By SevanGrim

yeah this is a very uninformed question.

WWE wrestlers are fit, but they dont have the same fighting ability as UFC fighters. Some of them do (Brock Lesnar was champion wrestler in high school and the military before he joined WWE, and Kurt Angle was Olympic), but guys like John Cena and the Rock are juust football players with charisma.  Also note that there are plenty of WWE stars like Hornswagle and the great Khali who arent really athletes at all, just ideas.   Wrestling isnt FAKE at all. ALL of those moves hurt and they all make contact, but it is STAGED. WWE knows and plans the outcome. WWE superstars talk it out before hand. So WWE isnt really a sport at all, its a Showcase of these peoples athleticism and acting ability.

UFC is an actual competition. If you go in there without proper training, you will not win. It doesnt mater how flashy you are, or who your father was. You can cut promos and talk mess all you want,  but with no actual fighting talent and training, you will get destroyed. 

MMA is a competitive sport with real competitors. WWE is a bit of entertainment with entertainers.

zmann95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zmann95

Look UFC is a SPORT, "professional" wrestling is entertainment.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Korg
@King Saturn said:
" lots of wrestlers there still do... when you add up the shows Televised and the shows they do Off Circuit it is around 200 + shows... they just had John Cena on ESPN... talking about how many superstars dont get much time off and how they do around 250 shows a year...  "
That's crazy. No wonder so many of them are on steroids. I didn't think any WWE stars did nearly that many shows off-circuit.
RetolledTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RetolledTruth

They are both fake in certain ways. 
Point being wrestling is for 2 year old boys and thier pedo's..excuse the bad reference but it's true its really stupid. 

Im gonna split your back booker teeeeee! 
Spinirooni undertaker 

its dumb 

UFC is fake becuase of its fan who know nothing and the ultimate fighter tv series 

Its bull all of it
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Korg
@RetolledTruth said:
" UFC is fake becuase of its fan who know nothing and the ultimate fighter tv series  Its bull all of it "
Right, the UFC is fake because it's building up the sport in America by appealing to a broad audience. That makes sense. No, wait, the opposite of that.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn
@Korg said:
" @King Saturn said:
" lots of wrestlers there still do... when you add up the shows Televised and the shows they do Off Circuit it is around 200 + shows... they just had John Cena on ESPN... talking about how many superstars dont get much time off and how they do around 250 shows a year...  "
That's crazy. No wonder so many of them are on steroids. I didn't think any WWE stars did nearly that many shows off-circuit. "
apparently Vince has his WWE Superstars working for him like Slaves in Off Circuit shows... 
RetolledTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RetolledTruth
@Korg said:
" @RetolledTruth said:
" UFC is fake becuase of its fan who know nothing and the ultimate fighter tv series  Its bull all of it "
Right, the UFC is fake because it's building up the sport in America by appealing to a broad audience. That makes sense. No, wait, the opposite of that. "

they have kimbo and all sorts of ghost and voodoo and nutjobs on that show
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Korg
@RetolledTruth said:
" they have all sorts of ghost and voodoo and nutjobs on that show "
Ok, I get why you would say nutjobs, but ghost and voodoo? I cannot make out what you are saying there.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
to answer this rather strange question... from what is being seen... UFC is on its way up in this country in terms of being one of the elite sports that people watch in this country... while the WWE is trying everything it can to hand on to its prominence as Sport Entertainment... if you noticed the WWE is seemingly running out of tricks... they tried this new idea of having guess hosts on RAW... which is sort of working... but its really not changing these same ole lame ass matches we have to see with John Cena... DX... etc.  on a side note... I am looking forward to seeing Bret Hart as the guest host on RAW next week... 
now as far as the UFC goes... its only Up, Up, Up for this company... the only real drawback I see in UFC is the lack of money the fighters are getting paid currently... its not a whole lot for someone who is doing what they do... and on such a large platform where people are watching them... but hopefully that will change soon... but really you cant complain too much outside of that with the UFC... they have a variety of Great Fighters... and the consistently give you different and exciting matches at every PPV event they have... whereas the WWE... gives you Cena vs Orton... Undertaker vs CM Punk... pretty much every got damn month... lol  
aw fu#k I dont even feel like saying any more on this damn topic... 
killermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By killermike

UFC and MMA in general are alot better than Professinal wrestling.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
@killermike said:
" UFC and MMA in general are alot better than Professinal wrestling. "
as of now they are... though I would say you could find some great entertainment that could rival MMA's entertainment in the WWF that existed during the 1990's or so... 
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By EdwardWindsor

well one is full of shitty actors prancing around in spandex prentending to hurt each other , the other is people punching and kicking the hell out of each other. I respct the ufc and mma guys much more sicne they face acual danger and can get properly hurt everytime they fight. in a fight between the two the ufc guys destroy

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock
@RetolledTruth said:
"UFC is fake becuase of its fan who know nothing and the ultimate fighter tv series
This doesn't make any sense, nor would it give anyone the idea that it is fake.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
@RetolledTruth said:

" they have kimbo and all sorts of ghost and voodoo and nutjobs on that show "

Apparently, you aren't watching UFC then. Maybe this is what you're referring too.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Static Shock said:
" @RetolledTruth said:
"UFC is fake becuase of its fan who know nothing and the ultimate fighter tv series
This doesn't make any sense, nor would it give anyone the idea that it is fake. "

Don't even respond to none of this, to compare Professional Wrestling which isn't real to a MMA which is a real fighting sport is strait stupid..........
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@Lantern Prime said:
" Don't even respond to none of this, to compare Professional Wrestling which isn't real to a MMA which is a real fighting sport is strait stupid.......... "
People keep saying MMA is fake without even trying to back themselves up.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" Don't even respond to none of this, to compare Professional Wrestling which isn't real to a MMA which is a real fighting sport is strait stupid.......... "
People keep saying MMA is fake without even trying to back themselves up. "

I know.......And the next time I here someone say "Of all it is  is 2 guys jump on eachother on the floor" im gonna just punch thenm in the face because this is somethng I want train for.......And I have passion for it....
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By King_Saturn
@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
I know.......And the next time I here someone say "Of all it is  is 2 guys jump on eachother on the floor" im gonna just punch thenm in the face because this is somethng I want train for.......And I have passion for it.... "
what... you want to get into MMA ? wow... I never took you for a huge MMA Fan... 
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lantern Prime
@King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
I know.......And the next time I here someone say "Of all it is  is 2 guys jump on eachother on the floor" im gonna just punch thenm in the face because this is somethng I want train for.......And I have passion for it.... "
what... you want to get into MMA ? wow... I never took you for a huge MMA Fan...  "

Hell yeah Boxing and MMA im a fan of. Especially MMA...
billyfoo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By billyfoo1

The reason I like UFC is cause I'm a mixed martial artist and it's real. WWE is just stupid.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By King_Saturn
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
what... you want to get into MMA ? wow... I never took you for a huge MMA Fan...  "
Hell yeah Boxing and MMA im a fan of. Especially MMA... "
I could kind of tell you were a Boxing Fan with those Mike Tyson respect threads you made... though your love for MMA caught me a bit off guard... but hey Shoot Yourself... lol 
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lantern Prime
@King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
I could kind of tell you were a Boxing Fan with those Mike Tyson respect threads you made... though your love for MMA caught me a bit off guard... but hey Shoot Yourself... lol  "

What do you mean shoot myself? Im  built for it already bro just got to in a MMA club.... 

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ronki23

How do you think these wrestlers would fare in the UFC?

Shawn Michaels
Undertaker
Hulk Hogan
Triple H
The Rock
John Cena
Batista
Kane  
Goldberg
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Korg
@ronki23 said:
" How do you think these wrestlers would fare in the UFC?  Shawn Michaels Undertaker Hulk Hogan Triple H The Rock John Cena Batista Kane   Goldberg Stone Cold Steve Austin "
Terribly. Most of them are too heavy, too old (Hogan is 56, ffs), or just don't have any actual skills that would translate well into MMA. A lot of them rely on PEDs just to get through pro wrestling. That doesn't fly in MMA the way it does in the WWE. Many of them also have serious chronic injuries, like Steve Willimas (Austin), which would prevent them from even competing at all.
Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tna
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By King_Saturn
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
I could kind of tell you were a Boxing Fan with those Mike Tyson respect threads you made... though your love for MMA caught me a bit off guard... but hey Shoot Yourself... lol  "

What do you mean shoot myself? Im  built for it already bro just got to in a MMA club.... 

"

shoot yourself is slang for " suite yourself "... lol