• 76 results
Posted by modernww2fare (7008 posts) 9 months, 5 days ago

Poll: WW2-era Germany replaces U.S. in Vietnam War - Do they win? (52 votes)

Yes 56%
No 44%
No Caption Provided

#51 Edited by AbstractRaze (2379 posts) - - Show Bio
@all-father said:

If history has proven anything, it's that numbers don't matter in warfare.

Well, we were more efficient, that's why we killed by far more units then our units, we had a greater technology, which was our last resource against an enemy which not only outnumbered us, but when united, they surpassed our industrial production, even if they fabricated junk. I mean you can have the best gun out there with 5 million ammo, but if all the birds in the entire world decides to shit on you, then you could maybe kill the first waves, but you will eventually drown under their shit, because there are by far more than 5 million birds in our planet.

That's what happened with the Third Reich and we were close of developing nuclear weapons through the Uranverein project since 1939, which combined with our ballistic missiles V 2 and our upcoming jets HO 229, were our winning cards, but we didn't had enough time, because we committed faults at the beginnings of the war.

#52 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: Well, we were more efficient, we had a greater technology, which was our last resource against an enemy which not only outnumbered us, but when united, they surpassed our industrial production, even if they fabricated junk. I mean you can have the best gun out there with 5 million ammo, but if all the birds in the entire world decides to shit on you,then you could maybe kill the first waves, but you will eventually drown under their shit, because there are by far more than 5 million birds in our planet.

That's what happened with the Third Reich and we were close of developing nuclear weapons through the Uranverein project since 1939, which combined with our ballistic missiles V 2 and our upcoming jets HO 229, were our winning cards, but we didn't had enough time, because we committed faults at the beginnings of the war.

@wut

Wow, you guys just cut me out of all this.

I don't know whether or not to be flattered or offended. :)

#53 Edited by CitizenSurfer (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#54 Posted by Wut (6892 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Edited by AbstractRaze (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:

@all-father: Well, we were more efficient, we had a greater technology, which was our last resource against an enemy which not only outnumbered us, but when united, they surpassed our industrial production, even if they fabricated junk. I mean you can have the best gun out there with 5 million ammo, but if all the birds in the entire world decides to shit on you,then you could maybe kill the first waves, but you will eventually drown under their shit, because there are by far more than 5 million birds in our planet.

@wut

There is no need, I just lost interest on both of you, but I must firmly consider you are more neutral, who doesn't takes things personal, but to discuss with another individual who carries a flesh wound with a mass bleeding, is just simply the verge of indignity, miserability and mediocrity.

#57 Edited by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze said:
@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:

@wut

There is no need, I just lost interest on both of you, but I must firmly consider you are more neutral, who doesn't takes things personal, but to discuss with another individual who carries a flesh wound with a mass bleeding, is just simply the verge of indignity, miserability and mediocrity.

lol You're so cute. I will ask you this though, what did you do, or what DO you do for a living?

#58 Edited by AbstractRaze (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:
@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:

@wut

lol You're so cute.

Yeah, cute as the day our Daimler AG bought your feckless Chrysler out of cuteness and charity, but development does not proceed from such a thing.

#59 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:
@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:

@wut

lol You're so cute.

Yeah, cute as the day our Daimler AG bought your feckless Chrysler out of cuteness and charity, but development does not proceed from such a thing.

Just curious, what did you, or what DO you do for a living?

#60 Edited by AbstractRaze (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I can't beat your neutrality, have a nice day mister.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#61 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Edited by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze said:
@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:
@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:
@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:

@wut

lol You're so cute.

Just curious, what did you, or what DO you do for a living?

Damn, I can't beat your neutrality, have a nice day mister.

About what I thought. I put bread on my family's table as a soldier, and I studied war and learned from my officers. You are a classic "armchair general" who keeps insisting on fighting the same battles the same way, insisting that it was done right and you'd have won "if only". Armchair generals in the US still do that with Vietnam. If our actual military leaders did that stupid shit we'd be operating that same way in Iraq (or were) and Afghanistan instead of actually adjusting our strategy and tactics and doing what we came to do. Sure we had some crap time when someone made us draw down for awhile but we were still on the game even during that.

When you've come up against a strategy that has proven over and over again it did NOT work, just DEAL with it and try to formulate a different strategy. "We could have", "if only we'd had time". That's amateur talk hero, and you stink of it.

#63 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Edited by AbstractRaze (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112 said:
"We could have", "if only we'd had time". That's amateur talk hero, and you stink of it.

The thing is that we already had a superior technology, we were more advanced, so, I was just pointing to many faults we did after the operation Barbarossa, where we lost a lot of units, alone due the Russian winter, something essential in our position because we had to deal with the quintuple amount of units compared to our army, in such perspective, we had to be more careful and avoid such a loss, of this way we could have bought more time and extend the war for a good 2 years, enought time to finish our nuclear program by the Uranverein 1939, alone 6 or 5 months with enough industrial space, was enough time to finish the nuclear bomb and to make the idea compatible with our V2 balastic missiles and our last generation jets HO 229.

It was a rational probability, because the only way you can finish a plague alike offensive, is through insecticide.

Personally, I think it was good that we were defeated at time, because a nuclear attack is really inhumane, even it would bring us the victory, but it was something unknown, whether Nazi Germany, the Soviets or the Allies knew about.

#65 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112 said:
"We could have", "if only we'd had time". That's amateur talk hero, and you stink of it.

The thing is that we already had a superior technology, we were more advanced, so, I was just pointing to many faults we did after the operation Barbarossa, where we lost a lot of units, alone due the Russian winter, something essential in our position because we had to deal with the quintuple amount of units compared to our army, in that sight, we had to be more careful and avoid such a loss, of this way we could have bought more time and extend the war for 2 years, enought time to finish our nuclear program by the Uranverein 1939, alone 6 or 5 months with enough industrial space, was enough time, to make the idea compatible with our V2 balastic missiles and our last generation jets HO 229.

It was a rational probability, because the only way you can finish a plague alike offensive, is through insecticide.

Personally, I think it was good that we were defeated at time, because a nuclear attack is really inhumane, even it would bring us the victory, but it was something unknown, whether Nazi Germany, the Soviets or the allies knew about.

Like I said...cute.

#66 Posted by AbstractRaze (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze said:
@heroup2112 said:

The thing is that we already had a superior technology, we were more advanced, so, I was just pointing to many faults we did after the operation Barbarossa, where we lost a lot of units, alone due the Russian winter, something essential in our position because we had to deal with the quintuple amount of units compared to our army, in that sight, we had to be more careful and avoid such a loss, of this way we could have bought more time and extend the war for 2 years, enought time to finish our nuclear program by the Uranverein 1939, alone 6 or 5 months with enough industrial space, was enough time, to make the idea compatible with our V2 balastic missiles and our last generation jets HO 229.

Personally, I think it was good that we were defeated at time, because a nuclear attack is really inhumane, even it would bring us the victory, but it was something unknown, whether Nazi Germany, the Soviets or the allies knew about.

Like I said...cute.

#67 Edited by AbstractRaze (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112@wut

Letting aside our differences, we all made losses during the WW2, while Switzerland made a lot of profit from both sides those highlighting them as the real winners with their optimal neutrality, we all were the biggest losers and I'm sorry for many things I said before.

No Caption Provided

#68 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112@wut

Letting aside our differences, we all made losses during the WW2, while Switzerland made a lot of profit from both sides those highlighting them as the real winners with their optimal neutrality, we all were the biggest losers and I'm sorry for many things I said before.

No Caption Provided

Everyone says things they regret sometimes. It all washes off. No worries.

#69 Edited by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. The tech gap and geography make this a nightmare war for Germany. Worse than a Russian Winter, a southeast Asian monsoon season.

#70 Posted by JwwProd (20698 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh snap! I saw and read through this thread but completely forgot to post on it!

Anyways I don't see the Nazi doing any good, the NVA/VC tech is dacades a head of any tech the Nazis have. However they do out number the NVA/VC like 20 to 1 but I don't think that's going to be enough.

#71 Posted by FaradaySloth (7754 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many troops for the Vietnamese to handle

#72 Edited by Cable_Extreme (16783 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes for the sole reason that they would kill/imprison all (civilians and combatants).

What holds us back is that we can only target confirmed militants who can pass as a civilian at anytime they wish. Same thing happens in Afghanistan. Can’t bomb a civilian village even if we “suspect” militant activities. Germany would have no problem doing that.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#74 Edited by RedHood_JayTodd (1091 posts) - - Show Bio

Nazi Germany loses before they even get to establish a strong foothold in Viet Nam.

#75 Posted by mrmonster (14223 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck no. The Vietcong knew the land and the environment better than anyone else, that's why they won the war in the first place, and that's why they'd win in an even more decisive victory if they fought Nazi Germany.

Avatar image for wacko_from_waco
#76 Posted by wacko_from_waco (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope they don't win. Germans didn't know guerilla warfare like the Vietcong.

#77 Edited by Chad_Duby (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

Please inform me if I get it wrong. This is Germany vs Vietnam?

Wenn es nicht wegen des Winters wäre, hätten unsere Soldaten die sowjetisch problemlos massakriert. Mit anderen Worten, wenn nicht, weil das Scheitern eines Plans das Nazi wahrscheinlich niemals verlieren würde, was sie in dieser Schlacht höchstwahrscheinlich nicht tun. Wir würden eine neue Taktik erfinden wie einen Wald verbrennen. Drei Hauptgründe für den Fall des NS-Reiches waren die Tatsache, dass sie so ziemlich die ganze Welt bekämpften, sie waren in alle Richtungen von ihren mächtigen Feinden umgeben und auch ihnen fehlten die ressources. Wenn dies nicht der Fall wäre, hätte Deutschland nicht verloren. Sowieso heil der Führer(Auch wenn er tot war), die Reich und die Rom-Berlin-Tokio achse!

Translated/in other word: I think Germany wins.

And yes I am pretty much back from military school.

#78 Posted by Chad_Duby (4750 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by Supermanthor (13822 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by Supermanthor (13822 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Edited by Chad_Duby (4750 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by Catlike (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Nazis win eventually unless they get killed by the diseases in the jungle, probably. Plus Nazis have the numbers advantage I think, so they can keep coming after falling. So 50/50.