Would you tell your mom that your dad is gay?

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Would you tell your mom that your dad is gay? (22 votes)

Yes 82%
No 18%

If your dad was secretly gay and you found out he had a male lover on the side that he had sex with, but your father told you not to tell your mom about it because she would divorce rape him and break up the family unit. Would you tell your mom that your dad likes to have sex with other men?

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would I tell you if this thread is dumb af?

Yes, yes I would

It is

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would I tell you if this thread is dumb af?

Yes, yes I would

It is

Not seeing how its dumb since all of the premise are base on things that can happen in real life.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Juicers

but your father told you not to tell your mom about it because she would divorce rape him and break up the family unit

If that's the case, I wouldn't tell my mom.

I'd try to rent some hoes to make a man out of him cus I need my father back.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

I would tell either of my parents about any type of infidelity, not just homosexual infidelity. It's still being unfaithful and the other person deserves to know. Being secretly gay doesn't condone cheating on your spouse. If you're unhappy in a relationship and there's no fixing it, then exit the relationship but don't cheat.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AbstractRaze

Of course, I would, for the safety of my mother, homosexuals are more propense to acquire venereal diseases, wouldn't risk anything, it would be immediately.

If it would be with another woman, I would probably encourage my father to tell my mother about this, and if he doesn't respond, then I would tell her.

PS:

This reminds me of my friend though, every time his mother had to work in foreign parts outside Germany, he and his dad always made party with a bunch of women, I always felt bad for his mom, but "what happens in Vegas remains in Vegas", at the end of the day, it wasn't my problem.

Dr_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I instantly encourage her to divorce him.....

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, I would, for the safety of my mother, homosexuals are more propense to acquire venereal diseases, wouldn't risk anything, it would be immediately.

If it would be with another woman, I would probably encourage my father to tell my mother about this, and if he doesn't respond, then I would tell her.

PS:

This reminds me of my friend though, every time his mother had to work in foreign parts outside Germany, he and his dad always made party with a bunch of women, I always felt bad for his mom, but "what happens in Vegas remains in Vegas", at the end of the day, it wasn't my problem.

So why would you have such a hands on approach with your dad and mom's relationship and ruin your dad's life?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I'd drop him right in it.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Penguin-Dust

If your dad is cheating on your mom, the sex of his secret partner is secondary to the infidelity itself. Regardless of who he is cheating with, the act itself is cause for alarm. I would probably go to my father first and see if I could convince him to confess his betrayal. If he is gay it’s not fair to either of them to continue this sham relationship. Additionally, it’s not outside the possibility that they could remain friends after the dissolution of their marriage. There is also the possibility that your mom knows your father is gay and has chosen to remain quiet on the subject for her own reasons. People can be complex.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd tell my mom if my dad was having an affair whether it was with a man or a woman.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

divorce rape

No Caption Provided

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alavanka

I would kill the lover, and then my dad, and then my mom.

Now what was the question again?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: I spy, with my little eye, an in the closet Oedipus complex.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Yeah... what the heck is a divorce rape supposed to mean?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wut

@_logos_: Long have I dwelt upon this within the heart of the fiery mount 'poorly worded OPs' and I believe I have created the one solution to rule them all... I think he meant to say:

"Be given a divorce settlement so brutal that it was like his life had been raped'. Forgive me if it doesn't sound perfect, one can only translate so much as some words simply do not exist within the mortal realm.

Why someone would think being homosexual is the important part rather then the infidelity, one can only guess, but to know life's great mystery, one must learn how to speak 'poorly worded OPs' and I fear my journey to unravel this mystery has only just begun.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@alavanka: I spy, with my little eye, an in the closet Oedipus complex.

What is that? An octopus?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: Since I am not your father or your mother, I can tell you when you're older.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@wut: Thank you, wise one. Part of me thought it meant something even more intellectually devoid (that the wife would complain about rape in order to divorce) but your translation reaffirms my initial one.

What is that? An octopus?

This thread is getting more transcendent by the hours.

Dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Dernman

@wut said:

@_logos_:

Why someone would think being homosexual is the important part rather then the infidelity, one can only guess, but to know life's great mystery, one must learn how to speak 'poorly worded OPs' and I fear my journey to unravel this mystery has only just begun.

----because there are many who don't think sleeping with someone of the same sex is cheating if you're in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Yeah it's stupid, I know, but some that believe it. It's more common among men who's female partners sleep with other females but it happens the other way also.

Then there is the whole, don't "out" a LBGTs person. It's dangerous and their story to tell but that's mostly for those who're not on the young side. Though seeing that the thread is about parents and I assume it's asking people who are not in grade school those parents would qualify.

DevoidRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get proof of his adultery and encourage her to divorce him and make him pay for it

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Blast it, once again I have underestimated mankind's stupidity.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Zetsu-San

@wut said:

Because, if your partner is completely homosexual, not just bi, then it would it would imply that they never truly saw you in a romantic/sexual light to begin with; and you were, more or less, being used as a cover.

I think that'd be more hurtful than just infidelity, don't you?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wut

@zetsu-san: No, because, for once, if they say, 'Its not you, it is me,' they actually mean it. The problem was never with you, it is not that you 'weren't enough', it wasn't because things just 'fell apart', one person didn't suddenly stop trying as you desperately try to keep the pieces from falling apart, its because they actually were the problem and were hiding something about themselves from everyone.

Of course, nothing about that should stop you from telling the truth as it is. People should respect themselves, and their partner enough to leave them rather then sneak around behind their back.

But I admit I could be alone in that, I know there are many that are content to live lies or in the dark as long as they are reasonably comfortable, nothing wrong with that, but not the way I'd ever want to live.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Eh, I'd rather things "fall apart" than find out it was a lie from the beginning.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Not me. I've been in enough relationships to watch it slowly fall to pieces and no matter how hard you try to fix it, it just doesn't work because they don't want to fix it or can't be bothered to until one day you wake up and realize you don't love them anymore.

I'd rather a clean break then the slow atrophy, but if there weren't people who felt differently about ways to break up, the romance genre would not be quite as interesting.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I don't see how "they're cheating on you and also never loved you romantically/sexually to begin with", is a "cleaner break" than "they're cheating on you".

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: I'm not sure how 'they're cheating on you' is letting it fall apart.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@zetsu-san: I'm not sure how 'they're cheating on you' is letting it fall apart.

I suppose that depends on whether or not you choose to break up with them after finding out...

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: If they are willing to stay with them knowing they are going to be cheating on them, then I doubt it makes a difference where he sticks his genitalia at that point, in which case, you did your job, you informed her, the ball for how she wants to let it end is in her court.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@zetsu-san: If they are willing to stay with them knowing they are going to be cheating on them, then I doubt it makes a difference where he sticks his genitalia at that point, in which case, you did your job, you informed her, the ball for how she wants to let it end is in her court.

I don't know what you're getting at here. I don't think we're having the same conversation anymore.

I was operating under the assumption that the relationship was ending over the infidelity, regardless of whether or not the partner is gay or straight. The difference is... in one instance the relationship was real and things simply went south at some point.... in the other, it was never real to begin with.

I find the latter to be the worse situation.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: I find the former to be the worse situation. I assumed we understood that and moved onto if we would tell or not. By you saying 'fall apart' I thought you were going to keep it secret and let the marriage naturally fall apart [like what tends to happen if one of them feels no sexual or romantic desire for the other which creates distance and eventually leads to divorce.... usually] where I was pushing for a 'clean break' as in you tell them and she divorces him.

If we both agree that you should tell her about it and just disagree on which we think is the worse situation then... Well, I mean, that one is just subjective so its okay to disagree on that aspect.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

I can't be held partly responsible for my dad cheating on my mum. Anyway, my parents are divorced so I won't have this problem, my dad is remarried to another woman.

EDIT: I did not see the "divorce rape" part, ummm wtf?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One time I caught my dad with his knob in the man next door's vacuum cleaner. While the man next door was whipping the butt of my mum in a game of checkers.

Dad had spilt icing sugar all over his door knob and had called the next door neighbor to borrow his vacuum cleaner. They played checkers while dad cleaned up his mess

StaticTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divorce rape lmao Of course I'd tell my mom.

Avatar image for superiorsgbeast
SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many justice warriors in this thread.

You think you are so good.

How about you stop judging and condemning and worry about raising a family of your own.

Like Jesus said, let he without sin throw the first stone.