Would you rather be a great NFL player, a great NBA player, or a great pro wrestler?

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you rather be a great NFL player, a great NBA player, or a great pro wrestler? (29 votes)

A great NFL player 14%
A great NBA player 69%
A great pro wrestler 17%
 • 
SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m curious to see if anyone will choose wrestler, considering that a great NBA/NFL player can make more money in one season than a great wrestler could make in their lifetime

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3 Lunacyde  Moderator

NBA, more money, less injury.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

NFL. Better sport. I'm not greedy and a few million more doesn't matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-60eee22feddcf
deactivated-60eee22feddcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA player

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SaviorSorrow

@thevamphunter said:

Don't NBA stars make the most money? Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

From what I’ve seen, the pay for top players in the NBA and NFL is pretty equal, with both leagues paying over 40 million a year to their top players. NBA players have a higher potential to make more money off the court, though. They get paid for endorsements, and they’re endorsing things worldwide because Basketball is popular everywhere. The NFL is only popular in America, so when NFL stars do endorsements, they’re reaching a much smaller audience.

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevamphunter: I edited that, but you clicked on it before I finished. 😒

Alisupo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA. Mainly because better financials, and more likely to suffer less injuries that’ll impact me once I get older in comparison to old NFL players and pro-wrestlers.

Tbh, I’d rather be a great MLB player with a super-max deal than any other sport. Those dudes REALLY got it made

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA. More money, less injury, best union, best commissioner, typically longer careers, etc.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lunacyde  Moderator

@mazahs117: true, but they do play a lot more games. Not that I disagree with you.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA. More money, less injury, best union, best commissioner, typically longer careers, etc.

Pretty much this.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great NBA Player over Great NFL Player generally... It could get interesting with Specifics though, I mean the choice between being a Great NFL Quarterback and Great NBA Player could be a lot closer as the QB gets a lot of the spotlight just as a Great Basketball Player would and the Money actually could favor the Football Player. I mean if you made 35 - 40 million to play 16 games as a great Quarterback in the NFL that actually equals out to more money than making 40 or 45 million in the NBA Player who plays 82 games in an NBA season.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@king_saturn: Also, I laugh at the injury comments. If that's a concern you might want to just avoid sports altogether. Another point I'll make on NFL over NBA is not only do you get paid but as a Defensive player you get paid to hit people. How fun is that?!

Avatar image for deactivated-60d22a069f2ea
deactivated-60d22a069f2ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wrestler.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kgb725

@saviorsorrow said:

I’m curious to see if anyone will choose wrestler, considering that a great NBA/NFL player can make more money in one season than a great wrestler could make in their lifetime

Yes a great one will make hundreds of millions. But a great wrestler will make millions for a long time and cross over into other media if they so choose.

Avatar image for deactivated-6310e05cef78c
deactivated-6310e05cef78c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im pretty happy with who i am but if i had to choose it'd be nba

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great NBA Player over Great NFL Player generally... It could get interesting with Specifics though, I mean the choice between being a Great NFL Quarterback and Great NBA Player could be a lot closer as the QB gets a lot of the spotlight just as a Great Basketball Player would and the Money actually could favor the Football Player. I mean if you made 35 - 40 million to play 16 games as a great Quarterback in the NFL that actually equals out to more money than making 40 or 45 million in the NBA Player who plays 82 games in an NBA season.

Theres more guaranteed money and endorsements on the nba side. Generally they'll also play longer too

@irishx said:

@king_saturn: Also, I laugh at the injury comments. If that's a concern you might want to just avoid sports altogether. Another point I'll make on NFL over NBA is not only do you get paid but as a Defensive player you get paid to hit people. How fun is that?!

Then you'd be a fool. I can give you a long list of players who retired early or were forced into retirement in the nfl. Most players get injured at somepoint In the nfl

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

NFL. Better sport. I'm not greedy and a few million more doesn't matter.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By StaticSpeedstrr

None. I wanna be a football player for Madrid/AC Milan.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@saviorsorrow said:

Yes a great one will make hundreds of millions. But a great wrestler will make millions for a long time and cross over into other media if they so choose.

NBA and NFL superstars are far more prominent in other media than wrestlers. At least in things like commercials. And while there hasnt been anyone to become as big in Hollywood as wrestlers like the Rock and Batista have, guys like Terry Cruise and Shaquil O’Neil have shown us that it’s possible for NBA/NFL superstars to build decent careers for themselves as actors.

branching Out to other media doesn’t make them as wealthy either. Compare John Cena to Lebron James. Cena has made a total of 64 million in his career from both acting and wrestling. James has made 1 billion, with 700 million coming from Basketball and the rest from acting and endorsement.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@king_saturn said:

Theres more guaranteed money and endorsements on the nba side. Generally they'll also play longer too

NBA Greats and NFL Quarterback Greats play around the same number of years. I mean Drew Brees played what 20 seasons. Brady is well over 20 seasons now. Peyton Manning played 18 seasons. Heck, I think even players like Roethlisberger is like 16 or 17 seasons in. That's more comparable to NBA Greats. Jordan was 15 years including the Wizard Years. I think Duncan was 17 or 18 seasons. Garnett was over 20 seasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The day I become an athlete of any kind is the day hell freezes over.

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA is probably the least likely of those to give me CTE, so that's my pick.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not joining anything that's woke

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@king_saturn said:

NBA Greats and NFL Quarterback Greats play around the same number of years. I mean Drew Brees played what 20 seasons. Brady is well over 20 seasons now. Peyton Manning played 18 seasons. Heck, I think even players like Roethlisberger is like 16 or 17 seasons in. That's more comparable to NBA Greats. Jordan was 15 years including the Wizard Years. I think Duncan was 17 or 18 seasons. Garnett was over 20 seasons.

Those are the very best qbs of all time. Even average players in the nba can play that long

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA more money and contracts are all guaranteed, plus it's not as physical and hard on the body such as the head.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn

@kgb725 said:
@king_saturn said:

Those are the very best qbs of all time. Even average players in the nba can play that long

Well the OP says Great NFL Player vs Great NBA Player vs Great Pro Wrestler... So the idea is that you would have a Choice of being a Great in one of those Sports not just an Average Player. Also, I specifically said that NBA Great vs NFL Quarterback Great is what would be Close.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'd rather be a great wrestler. I grew up with pro-wrestling. I'd def enjoy it the most. But, NBA would realistically be the best. Wrestlers actually end up worst than Football players.

@lunacyde said:

NBA, more money, less injury.

Now, if I had the option to be a great Footballer, I'd go with that...Get paid as much as the American Football player. But, play a far better sport. Have fans from all over the world. Play in Spain, Italy, England, Brazil...and, probably marry a Dominican dreamboat. I could see miself in a PSG kit...

d^_^b

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA player for sure.

GilbertShiesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am already all 3

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NBA. More fame and money, less injury.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lunacyde  Moderator

@superstay: I think NBA is still a better deal, taste in sports aside.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: I stand corrected, football (soccer) has a much lower injury rate.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lunacyde  Moderator

Huh, seeing different things from different studies.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: I could see that...I think NBA players make the most out of nearly any sport. lol...and, outside of the toll it takes on your legs (knees, ankles), I don't see as much injury risk. And, it's perhaps top three most popular sports in the world.

International football is the only other sport I could think of that just-about matches it in those regards. Little risk of injury, also top-three sports worldwide, and you get paid just a bit less. The only gripe I have, is that I think its written in the contract of every Footballer that you'd have to dive at least eight times a season.

d^_^b