Would you ever hit a woman back?

malikc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm finding myself getting more and more into these discussions with people. I won't say my answer until later.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Stahlflamme

Yes.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well I am a woman. So, of course I would.

P.S. You should too.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

If she hits me she's obviously woman enough for the comeback.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally wouldn't unless I really needed her to stop like gouging my eyes out or something but it should not be illegal or look down upon

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Straight-Fire

I'm sure this has been done before... in the immortal words of Kermit: "But that's none of my business."

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't hit anyone unless they are powerful enough to be life threatening. If they are not powerful enough, I will not retaliate.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ever? Yes.

Most likely? Nope.

I'm a pacifist, but if my life would depend on it, sure.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not my first move, I'd rather hip toss them into a wall. They tend to be easier to throw. Would deck them 150 pounds+

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: That's how I feel. I've been punched by exes. Slapped, shit is funny to me, and, I kinda get turned on by it. Its just cute, I've yet to be hit by a chick that's drawn blood.

Now if she attacks me with a weapon that can cause major damage, then, hell yes.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Well I am a woman. So, of course I would.

P.S. You should too.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malikc6: Yes, because why not? Just because she is a woman is not good enough reason. Woman is on average 50% weaker than a man. So if a guy who is 50% weaker than You hits you, you cannot hit him back?

Avatar image for inquisitor_lavellan
Inquisitor_Lavellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. If you ever had a sister you probably fought with her before.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she was non-stop swinging for my dome, I might tackle her.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Sometimes you just gotta wack a hoe.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had to restrain a woman who was trying to hit me before (scratch that, she did hit me on the first try), but I'd only ever hit a woman if she was capable of doing actual damage to me, and I couldn't just restrain her.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the situation, tbh.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Unless she's trying to kill me or seriously harm me, likey no. I would just get away from her.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd hit a woman first if the situation called for it.

Avatar image for waynewilsonslade
waynewilsonslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

If she hits me she's obviously woman enough for the comeback.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

In theory yes. You're an adult not a child unaware of consequences. If you are open to creating violence then you open the door for violence to be returned. This idea that because they may or may not be weaker allows them the privilege of hitting you without consequence of a return is just silly,, illogical and outright stupid.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In normal circumstances, no.

Unless she viciously attacked me.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking from personal experience, nothing stops female on male physical bulling quite like a strong face muff to the floor.

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she attacked me yes. If it was like a slap probably not.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I won't hit anyone unless they are powerful enough to be life threatening. If they are not powerful enough, I will not retaliate.

malikc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you guys ever hit back if you had gotten struck in the genitals? (Assuming you're still able to move).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the situation. But ultimately I think would, though I've never hit a chick before. As the saying goes "equal rights mean equal lefts".

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Taquie

Sure I would depending if she only slapped me lightly I wouldn't care that much, but if she punched me with closed fist or slapped me really hard then yes i would hit back, not with full power but I would defend myself

malikc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here I go.. haha. This may be long.

I get really passionate about this subject because I've been in situations where I did need to fight back against a female, especially when I was younger. A notable one was when I was in 4th grade having to fight my hardest against a high school female who was sadistic and many of her peers despised her. Some congratulated me for defending myself. Most shamed me and tried to make it seem like I was wrong. You know most of society is pretty damn stupid if people are willing to defend the actions of a rotten teenage female over a male child.

Anyways the short answer for me is hell yeah I likely would hit back, and I've heard just about everything single argument that men and women have came up with in an attempt to try to convince me that I shouldn't. I will present them and break them down.

"Don't hit women back because you (males) are stronger!"

Men are indeed stronger than women. isn't this enough to tell women that attacking someone who is much stronger probably not a good idea? This goes with both genders, and what really destroys this argument, is if a weaker man attacks a much stronger man and gets his ass beat, no one will care and would even side with the stronger man by telling him that the weaker man attacked first. Strength suddenly doesn't mean anything anymore.

If it's just a matter of not attacking back a weaker person, then society should shame men who beat down weaker men for hitting them first. Something like "Don't hit him! He's weaker than you! You'll really hurt him!" But its not a matter of strength at all. It's simply don't hit attacking females back because they're female which is complete utter crap that I refuse to listen to. What's sadder is that they won't use the strength argument if a stronger female beats the shit out of a weaker female, even if she is massively stronger. They wont tell the stronger woman not to hit back.

This argument also fails because it makes it appear as if women are these weak feeble creatures. Strength is a factor in fighting and damage dealing, but technique, will power, and targeting weak areas is even more dangerous. As a person who used to do martial arts and have sparred with many people (both male and female), I can tell you guys that women are just as capable of causing the same amount of damage a man can. Even an untrained female could kick or punch a man in the groin hard enough to put him down for the count. An untrained woman could break your nose with a well placed punch to the face. An untrained women could gouge your eyes out. I can name more, but you get the picture. Saying they are weaker means just as much as calling a weaker man unable to take on a stronger man.

Also, what if the woman is trained or even stronger than the man she is assaulting?

"It's just a female! You can take a punch/slap/kick. Just restrain her!"

This argument looks like its good, but it actually exposes the person saying it as a sexist, making it seem like women are pathetic and weak. Even if a man could "take it", why should he? That is blatantly saying that its ok for the woman to attack because men are durable enough to withstand it. As for restraining, this sort of depends. Some women are not at all easy to restrain, and some could fight so hard that you cannot restrain them, like fighting another man. I've seen guys grab a woman's forearms to prevent her from hitting him, and then she starting spitting on him, and eventually kicked him straight in the groin dropping him.

A man shouldn't have to restrain an attacking female in the first place. What's sad is that if this were to happen in public, a woman attacking a man and the man trying to restrain her, people would immediately assume the man is trying to attack her and likely step in to fight the man, and there are many "What would you do" and social experiment videos to confirm this. If a man tries to restrain an attacking women in public, he will be swarmed by a bunch of white knight men ready to fight him over a woman who started the incident. Restraining a woman by putting your hands on her aggressively is no different than just punching back in most people's eyes. She will be screaming and cursing attracting more attention to the problem, and people will step in and immediately assume the man is the victimizer.

"Hitting a woman back is cowardly!"

Stupid is an understatement for this one. How is defending yourself against an attacker cowardly? Even if it was, its called self preservation. What if I told a much stronger woman not to fight back against an attacking but weaker male because it is cowardly? It would immediately make no sense.

"Hitting back a woman doesn't make you tough!"

No one cares about being tough, its about trying to defend yourself against an attacker. Might as well say that "Hitting back a man doesn't make you tough."

"If a woman hit you, you deserved it!" "What did you do to piss her off?"

These arguments are terrible because they assume that if the man was attacked, it was all his fault. This is very sexist towards men because it portrays men as always being the one who starts a problem, and making it seem like women are innocent creatures that never do wrong. Sadly so many people buy this, and many innocent men have gotten in trouble for bad situations that they didn't start, and I'm one of those males. It's incredibly easy for a female to get a man in trouble by just screaming that he is victimizing her.

"Just walk away..."

She follows you and keeps attacking combined with stupid insults that will only anger the man even more. This may work depending on the situation to some extent. One could also say the same if a man was hit by another man. Should he just walk away? But most people will look at him and say "You got punked" or "You're a pussy. You didn't hit back."

"Men who hit women have mommy issues and are misogynistic."

The worst argument ever. Horrible assumptions that will immediately show how small minded someone is, because they don't factor anything else. They assume that if a woman is hit, then the man who did it has some type of hatred towards women. They don't take in self defense, the situation, nothing. They make assumptions based on nothing but how they feel, and if ANYONE tried to use that in this discussion, once again, it shows how small minded that person is.

What really bothers me about society is that men have been told repeatedly not to hit a woman, but women are PROMOTED to hit men for just about anything that angers them. Why doesn't society tell women not to hit men? Why do people get cheap laughs watching a woman kick a man in the nuts or slapping him in the face and him not doing anything about it? Why does society laugh at all when a woman does something devious to a man?

That's my long drawn out answer. I would indeed fight back against a woman as I have before. Don't be an idiot thinking you can easily win against someone 2x to 4x times your strength, or think you can slap/punch/kick a man and get away with it just because you're a woman.

The only time I'll hold back or try to restrain someone or get away from them is if that person is a child, elderly, or mentally ill and weak enough for me to stop because in those cases, you could very seriously injure them, and look like an utter fool in the court room trying to explain what happened on why you beat down a child, an old person, or a mentally ill person down. This applies to both genders.

Thanks for reading.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Want equal rights, better be able to catch these equal hands.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: That's how I feel. I've been punched by exes. Slapped, shit is funny to me, and, I kinda get turned on by it. Its just cute, I've yet to be hit by a chick that's drawn blood.

Now if she attacks me with a weapon that can cause major damage, then, hell yes.

Yeah. If anyone comes at me with life-threatening force, I will defend my self and use the necessary force to stop whatever attack they are doing.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to know feminists' argument on why equality of gender still means a man should NOT hit a woman while the reverse is acceptable

Someone please say something?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Definitely no or else you'll lose in the court.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

I personally wouldn't unless I really needed her to stop like gouging my eyes out or something but it should not be illegal or look down upon

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By buttersdaman000

If she hits me hard enough to hurt or leave marks then yeah, I might slap her or give her a rough push. If she comes at me with any type of weapon she's catching these hands.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't wanna get hit then don't attack no one either. That's just how I roll. I don't care about size and all that - a woman can hurt a man, don't be a fool... this is not a comic book or something.

And no, I'm not encouraging someone to beat women but not hitting a woman back after she attacked you is absurd to me.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No, but I would restrain her if she attacks me.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to know feminists' argument on why equality of gender still means a man should NOT hit a woman while the reverse is acceptable

Yeah, feminists are total hypocrites. They say men are scum and rapist but want men to defend them and take care of them.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks said:

Yeah, feminists are total hypocrites. They say men are scum and rapist but want men to defend them and take care of them.

I am imagining a counter-argument would be that "No feminist ever said its okay for a woman-on-man violence, but the argument that feminism is hypocritical still falls flat because me are naturally physically superior to women and hence its not appropriate for men to use violence on women in the first place"

Would someone who had some experience in these debates to shed some light on how the exchange of arguments actually goes? thanks.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny. I recently king slapped the shit out of my cousin for pulling a knife on her younger brother.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have and I would again.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zetsu-San

@malikc6: @malikc6:

I'd never hit a woman but I'd slap a bitch.

Honestly, your question is too vague. If a woman slapped me or jabbed me, I'd probably laugh and just take it. If she's actually trying to beat the crap out of me, and not just trying to cause a bit of pain; I'd deck her. There is a clear difference between trying to cause a bit of physical pain and actually trying to start a fight. If it hits like a man, then hit back like a man.

"what really destroys this argument, is if a weaker man attacks a much stronger man and gets his ass beat, no one will care and would even side with the stronger man by telling him that the weaker man attacked first."------------ Yea, no. There is a difference between jabbing someone to cause pain and assaulting someone/attempting to start a fight. If someone gives you a weak jab because they're angry at something, and you beat the shit out of them then no one is going to side with you. I am a troll, I piss people off, and have had people go nerd rage on me, and no I didn't turn around and pummel them for it. If someone aims for my face, all bets are off.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By w0nd

@malikc6: I feel like if a woman is getting in your face and hitting you, assaulting you and making it clear she is doing so because she is a woman and can get away with it, then i think a man or woman should be able to defend themselves and not sit there and take it. Like that man on the subway who struck a woman off of him after she attacked him with a high heel because she thought his jacket was stupid. She was belligerent and mouthy and wanted to fight someone she could bully.

WOULD I hit a woman back? Probably not, because society has brainwashed me into thinking if I do so im in the wrong no matter what.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would flee instead.