Would you employ a white supremacist/white nationalist?

• 103 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you employ a white supremacist/white nationalist? (83 votes)

Yes 33%
No 67%

Imagine you are a business owner and you receive an application from someone seeking employment. Their resume seems appropriate, an you decide they would be suitable for the job. Then, it is brought to your attention through same way or another that this person is a white supremacist and/or white nationalist. Would you still hire them?

• 
iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

What's the job?

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DonatelloRawks

According to some edgy halfwits who misunderstood free speech, they would say: "yes!!! Facts don't care about your feelings" or something like that

I remember some user here whining that my country is screwed up for firing foreigners who insulted our nationality or a particular race/religion when they are still working with us.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences, edgelords. It is within even an American's rights to fire or not to hire a racist. Get over it.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a black man... that is my answer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iknowwhoyouare:

The job can be anything. This is a purely hypothetical scenario.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cocacolaman  Moderator

Voted yes without properly reading the OP.

I'm assuming that, in this scenario, we have 100% certainty on the fact they are racist and that they are, indeed, racist. In this case, I would personally talk with them before officially hiring them, both in a professional sense and in a personal sense. If I have reason to believe this attitude will effect the work atmosphere in any way, I will not hire them. However, if I can be convinced their racism will not disturb anything in the work environment, I will at least give them a chance, ready to fire them at the first sign of racism. Chances are I won't hire them. However, I will also do my best to determine why they are racist (everyone has a story) and try to help them get over it, which may prompt me to hire them anyway, just to have a chance at saving them.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, that is all

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes if they are qualified

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the job.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In principle, I think I would, on 3 conditions:

1. They don't express or telegraph their views in any way, in the workplace.

2. They are not famous for it.

3. They don't engage in some crazy behaviors, like take part in "white power" rallies, and such.

If someone who knows them tells me they are racist, and I have reason to believe it is true, but they seem like a normal person in general, then I don't think it's my business to thought police them.

In practice, however, if I dislike them enough, or think they will be a problem, I reserve the right to not hire them, of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I haven't hired them yet, and this information comes through from some form of a background check, then I wouldn't hire them. That's one hell of a disqualifying character trait, especially if in this hypothetical scenario, I have other applicants to consider. There's a small chance I'd consider it if I were desperate, and there's literally no one else to hire, and I need a position filled, like yesterday.

Workers being able to work together amicably is important to any work environment. Don't really see any justification for taking the risking of hiring someone like that. I mean, there's any number of things that can go wrong with that arrangement. Also worth considering is what type of job this is? Is he required to work with minorities in any way? Can I trust him to be fair and balanced in those situations? What if this guy has the potential to move up in the company, into a hiring position like the one I'm in for this hypothetical scenario? There's no shortage of data on discrimination in employment. Me hiring a known white nationalist today, makes me think the person screw over minorities in the future, which is a prospect I find unacceptable and not worth the risk. Yeah, I think this person will have to find work elsewhere. I can't exactly bank on him becoming a better person or risk taking any chances like this.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affirmative Action

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming they can perform their duties, yes.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends but safe to say no. I wouldn't trust my business with someone who thinks some people are better than others for the dumbest reasons. I know not all of those people are outright evil since some keep it to themselves and interact like regular people.

Besides if I were to have a business it'd be some sort of an Asian/Hispanic fusion street food. Bet they won't like that stuff.

They probably wouldn't work for me since I'm not white either.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dshipp17

This would be similar to asking if you would be willing to give an African American another chance who had spent time in prison or give an African American another chance who previously was terminated from a job; if you can't in that situation but can in this situation of the tread title, then you'll be able to start relating to the dilemma of African Americans and minorities in the US.

ISpyOnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I'll only employ my relatives. Like what Trump did.

Avatar image for teaganwallis193
teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not

StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teaganwallis193 said:

Of course not

I was expecting youd say yes lmao

Why would I say "yes"? I may rebuke/admonish crazy religions from time to time, but that doesn't make me a white supremacist or a troll.

StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@statictaco said:
@teaganwallis193 said:

Of course not

Why would I say "yes"? I may rebuke/admonish crazy religions from time to time, but that doesn't make me a white supremacist or a troll.

True that. Just expected you to be the crazy type on CV

teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teaganwallis193 said:
@statictaco said:
@teaganwallis193 said:

Of course not

True that. Just expected you to be the crazy type on CV

I'm crazy in the bedroom. Nothing more.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

This would be similar to asking if you would be willing to give an African American another chance who had spent time in prison or give an African American another chance who previously was terminated from a job; if you can't in that situation but can in this situation of the tread title, then you'll be able to start relating to the dilemma of African Americans and minorities in the US.

No it’s not because this hypothetical person is still racist.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nah, too much at risk here if the guy gets in trouble with folks of other ethnicities during the job.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mimisalome

Not enough info.

- does he/she have criminal records?

- does he/she have history of causing troubles in the workplace?

- would his/her history can potentially become a public relation issue?

- is the info actually reliable?

of course i would sort all these things out during the interview.

Programmer98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Programmer98

A BIG NO. Racism is very toxic not only to society but also to a professional work environment. Should a white supremacist get hired, there would likely be some disagreement among employees. This can damage my employees' mental health and thus, worse performance. I want my employees to enjoy their jobs and respect each other. I don't want my work environment to be a war zone.

So I wouldn't take the risk to hire this type of people.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if it they needed the job then maybe I would let them work at a McDonald's.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I mean do you expect that guy not to express his racist values in some form or another to your other employers or you? And what happens if your other employees find out. If they riot it disrupts your workflow and even if isn't right in some form another you're going to be forced to let that guy/girl go. Just in general if you're a white supremacist or nationalist it's a good idea to keep it to yourself and don't flaunt it. Assuming you can't cure yourself of that kind of narcissistic stupidity that is.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, someone like that is more than likely going to cause problems in the workplace somewhere down the line.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im a brown man... that is my answer

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

If I know with absolute certainty that they are racist, and if this is my business, no, I will not hire them. I'd recommend a psychiatrist.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dshipp17

@christianrapper said:
@dshipp17 said:

No it’s not because this hypothetical person is still racist.

In the case of these African Americans, humility is their trait for their desire to work, as this is real world example in the US, where they're likely to need work, following an extensively long timespan away from the workforce; in the other case, humility is likely lacking, which is the hypothetical, as such is more likely to be common in the US, especially, and unfortunately, in decision making positions; that's the determinative factor.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never, unless they reformed their ways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not. Would not risk myself or my business any bad reputation, and I wouldn't want to help someone with dangerous or harmful views. Its just a lose/lose scenario, and I think its pretty telling why and who you are if you could employ someone knowingly that they're not only a hard racist, but a white supremacist with no issues.

But that being said, I wouldn't dig into what my employees does off the clock, but in this case, the information is provided to me before hiring. Easy case.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I believe in hiring people based on their merits and their personal life is no concern of mine. That said, a practicing white supremacist would be a toxic influence on the workforce, so no, I wouldn't hire them.

However, I'd consider it if they were reformed and just looking to earn a living.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: White racist=black man looking for a job??????? Damn u stupid. Y'all always have to do that both sides shit. Your analogy is dumb.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im Hispanic so....nah

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Penguin-Dust

As long as they keep their politics and beliefs out of the workplace, I am not sure if I can refuse them on that alone. Now, if they did never mention their prejudices and treated all customers equally, but were a public member of the KKK and could be identified as an employee of my business, then I might be able to say their public actions impact our ability to attract customers, and that would be reasonable grounds to deny them employment. There are closet racists in practically every business.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Daryl Davis approach of using love and understanding removes racsim

Cancel culture breeds nothing but more hate.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dshipp17

@kingyang said:

@dshipp17: White racist=black man looking for a job??????? Damn u stupid. Y'all always have to do that both sides shit. Your analogy is dumb.

Sounds like you have too much faith in managers and supervisors. You're not experienced enough to understand the types of struggles I'm implying, likely because you've never lost employment and have job security to look forward to; or, you have reason to believe that you could get a new job within a reasonable, if you did lose your job. If these describe you even some, then you need to study up some on the struggles being faced by African Americans and other minority groups in the US of which you're probably not apart, or, again, simply just too young and inexperienced; but, talking about it, as we're doing, is a good start. By all means, please describe your experiences, too. I'm speaking from an experienced perspective. I'm not just speculating, whereas you'd have to be. You're theorizing and guessing how conditions exists or should exist, so, it seems stupid for you. You need to start studying up on learning the trait of empathy, in order to begin the understanding process. Otherwise, I'd feel insulted by what you said, but, I just know from experience that you just could not relate and understand what I'm getting at.

But, basically, as a perceived African American, I first had to fight through low expectations throughout college, where it got exponentially tougher, when I transferred to another school that was close to ivy league. Once done with college, I had to receive a miracle from God to escape past a series of catch 22s to finally get employment in my chosen field of major, which was in a STEM field. Once I got to work, I had to consistently face harassment, starting with my Caucasian and Asian coworkers being condescending and patronizing towards me, kind of a repeat of what I faced at my second, but shorter, stint in college. This was only because God blessed with an atypical management set up, at the very start. But, once that changed, I then faced an ever escalating hostile work environment, until I was illegally displaced from my rightful employment. But, under more usual conditions, this final experience was likely to be at the very start of an African American's work experience, assuming that they could escape those catch 22s that are designed to keep them from the workforce to begin with, where few African American college graduates actually do escape this mine field, where few African Americans make it to college; now, the impression that that I'm facing because my legal issues haven't quickly resolved in my favor is actually used as the excuse to keep me from returning to the workforce. I have decision makers either there playing along, or willing to play along, where they even include African Americans, where there's clearly some envy going on, because they're in law, but I'm in STEM. It would be even worse, but for a lesser unscrupulous or more honorable attorney opposing me, where this is even a miraculous setup. But, typically, an African American wouldn't even have that benefit.

Thus, the system is designed to keep you, as even a perceived African American, from achieving success, especially if you're also being discriminated against based on your looks, or, if you do achieve it, to push you out as quickly as possible, once you've made it. Thus, my respect for someone who is employed or has employment longevity is very limited, as I know the system has to benefit someone; they've just been lucky not to be faced with the same challenges that I'm faced with, and there was no amount of worked that allowed them to progress beyond what I experienced; just luck and connections, because of the true character of most mangers and supervisors that you're so gullible towards. African Americans usually have that air of presumption that someone gave them a break that someone white wouldn't gotten, where the system is actually rigged for whites, presuming such an impression did have a small basis in reality. This is just the beginning, I'll safely guess. I'm sure African Americans could describe experiences that would make what I describe sound like I was treated like a princess.

This is all created, because the employment laws have become way to antiquated, as compared to the court decisions and lack of regulations guarding against abuses, especially for job applicants, students, and student applicants. I've notice the same old summary judgment case having been cited 200 million times since just 2007, which made things even tougher from a prior summary judgment standard that was cited in millions of prior cases, since 1985; if this is happening and resulted in adverse decisions against plaintiff's facing discrimination, then action by Congress is clearly long over due to overhaul and update these employment laws; a plaintiff both inside, as well as outside the police force should be receiving the same level of success in pursuing their employment rights, where it could be increased, where the police union's success rate has dipped down into the 40% range.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I'm black and from Chicago. White racist man not getting hired because he is a racist is not analogous to a black not getting hired because he is black. A dumb analogy is a dumb analogy no matter your perceived blackness.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dshipp17

@kingyang said:

@dshipp17: I'm black and from Chicago. White racist man not getting hired because he is a racist is not analogous to a black not getting hired because he is black. A dumb analogy is a dumb analogy no matter your perceived blackness.

You haven't said anything specific; what's off about the analogy, not to mention that what you said isn't what I said and is too simplistic a comparison to what I actually said? Sure, you can be black and lucky.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, and it's part of freedom in my opinion that business owners should hire and not hire whomever they wish, even if it's based on a whim. His place, his rules.

BubbleBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BubbleBass

Allowing someone like that in your work place not only shows you do not care about minorities that are oppressed or profiled daily, but it also sets a terrible of your working environment. No one is going to want to work for someone like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is a dumbass question. Of course if someone is blatantly racist, you don’t hire them.

However if this information is coming from someone that “thinks” they‘re a racist simply because they didn’t like something that said individual stated, it would require further prying on my part to understand more.

I have a question for you. Would you hire a racist black man?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawed_off_it:

In the hypothetical, you know with certainty that this person is a white supremacist.

And no, I probably would not hire an openly racist black man. Or an openly racist brown man, or an openly racist Asian man, etc etc.

Dryke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I would not. And the answer would be the same if they were a "black supremacist", "asian supremacist" etc.

Its bad for business. Also i cant stand people who think that way. If it makes me a snow flake, i am fine with that

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

They are a real hoot

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: a black person can never be racist. RACIST is by definition a feeling of superiority over another race. Black people have never been privileged so can never be racist.

Unless you mean " racial hate" which a black person is also capable of.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers