Would you accept powers with the following conditions?

• 152 results
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Jesus God no please/

Power: You can now read people's minds as long as they are in your line of view.

Condition: You are not allowed to even think of anything, let alone watch or listen etc. that involves you favourite pieces of fiction ever again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. No matter what song it is, it will drive me insane to see and hear things that aren't there.

Ice Manipulation: You get ice manipulation much like Iceman.

Condition: Your cold heart is the fuel to your powers, so you must kill innocent people monthly in order to keep your powers. If you lose your powers, you will die.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Khael

Nope

In this scenario, you live at a world where 80% of people have superpower, the world might change but those who are close to you remain the same.

Your superpower: You can cancel out superpower with your right hand, it works like this

Weakness: If you use it too much (more than 20 times a day for 2 days straight), you start to lose control of your power and it starts negating the life force of anything you touch with your right hand (basically a death touch).

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Lol. you got me by 20 seconds.

OT: I accept Khael's power since I wouldn't need to use the ability even once on a normal day. I wouldn't accept ANTHP's power. Fiction is my life.

Ice Manipulation: You get ice manipulation much like Iceman.

Condition: Your cold heart is the fuel to your powers, so you must kill innocent people monthly in order to keep your powers. If you lose your powers, you will die.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends if the Police could find me :mmm:

Superpower: You can make everyone you touch happy.

Condition: With every person you make happier, you get sadder and sadder. Also, you forget your CV password.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this is such a good thread idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Artificial happiness like that wouldn't be a good thing anyway.

Power: You can create clones of yourself at will.

Condition: The clones have free will and think they're the real one.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Khael

Hell no, I'd hate myself.

In this scenario, you live at a world where 80% of people have superpower, the world might change but those who are close to you remain the same.

Your superpower: You can cancel out superpower with your right hand, it works like this. powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Negation

Weakness: If you use it too much (more than 20 times a day for 2 days straight), you start to lose control of your power and it starts negating the life force of anything you touch with your right hand (basically a death touch).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, yes. Certainly better than being powerless in a world full of superhumans.

Power: You have a passive mind controlling voice. Anyone who hears your commands will have to obey.

Condition: You can't turn it off.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yes. I probably can't make a joke then, that's okay.

Power: you have the power to turn anything you touch to dust at will!!

Weakness: you can't turn them back again.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@khael: So.... I get to be Oz? xD

Yes. (as long as I can turn it on and off)

Power: The power to instantly know the location of someone you are looking for.

Weakness: Whoever you search for will instantly know your location as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Would find out missing people with that.

Power: You can deflect any damage done to you to the nearest person around. If, say, you get shot in the head, the person beside you will have their brains blown off instead.

Condition: You can't control it, nor turn it off.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I don't take lethal damage during my daily activities, and if I were to be a vigilante, I'd imagine I'd learn how to strategically position myself to control it's effects.

Body Jumping: You can jump from body to body and even gain access to the memories/skills/knowledge of those you are possessing.

Condition: You can never possess the same body twice. That includes your own original body.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Would hope to never have to use it, but it might be handy in life or death situations.

Power: You can turn any animal you touch into super powered monster. If, say, you touch a dog, you can turn it into a 50 feet tall Cerberus. Touch an ant, can turn it into a giant killer ant, etc.

Condition: You can't control these animals after they're transformed.

Avatar image for jaylim101studios
Jaylim101studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. If I touched my pet boxer, or accidentally touched something far fetched say, a tiger or bear, I would be screwed.

Power: You have the ability to see through anybody's clothes, guy or girl.

Condition: It's permanent, you can't undo the ability.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not because of the negative side, just because I would not care about having the power at all.

Power: You never need to eat, drink, sleep or rest ever again, you are completely self sustained.

Condition: You can't eat, drink, or breathe anymore even if you wanted to. So effectively no sense of smell or taste, and you can't really hide your power for long.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No thanks.

Power: Mid level telekenisis: think "Chronicle".

Condition: The power will burn and defigure half of your body, you'll basically be skinless(it won't hurt though) and have a twisted and stubby arm, and a leg that goes outwards(to the side) when you walk with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I would accept for high level Tk though.

Super Breath: You can blow away houses with one blow, as well as breath in a tornado. You still will be able to control your breath.

Condition: You will be aware of your breathing always. You will never get used to it.

Avatar image for clark_kent_2017
Clark_Kent_2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no

Ability: Planetary level Strength

Conditions: your hair won't stop growing at a rapid rate 20 inches per minute

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

So I turn into the Hair Demon from Toriko unless I constantly rip out my hair and throw it into space? I'm good

Power: The power to take on the properties of whatever material you make skin contact with. Basically Absorbing Man's powers and you don't need to eat/sleep/breathe or anything like that.

Condition: You can't control it. If someone shoots you with a lead bullet you instantly become lead, if you try to eat a cookie you turn into a human made out of cookie dough and if someone sneezes on you then you turn into mucus. Your powers also have an hour cooldown before they activate again.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#74 JediXMan  Moderator

Nope.

Power: Mind reading telepathy with a range of about 500 ft.

Condition: The more you use it, the less control you have. Eventually, you will completely lose control, and be forced to hear all thoughts within that 500 ft radius. This is inevitable and you cannot "learn" to control it.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mikethekiller

So eventually I'll go crazy? Nah I'm good.

Okay lets try this again with a little more elaboration

Power: superman level strength and invulnerability

Condition: No sense of touch or sensation, so in addition to not being able to feel physical pleasure or pain you can't gauge how much of your strength you're applying.

Avatar image for clark_kent_2017
Clark_Kent_2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Ability: You have professor X's powers of telepathy

Condition: You are paralyzed for 24 hours after using your abilities

DCIJohnLuther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. Make sure to maintain them as long as possible until you're safe. Won't be paralyzed during, and you can just set up orders to protect you while paralyzed, if you even need to. I wouldn't be doing anything dangerous anyhow, so I can spare a day when need be.

Captain America's powers for three hours at a time but you have to recite the U.S. Constitution (the whole thing including amendments) by heart, no cheating, and if you mess up you start over, whenever you want to use them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well since the person above me didn't say anything i'll suggest.

Power : Darkseids Omega Beams

Condition : If you use it for an excessive amount of time or constantly use them, you'll eyes will explode.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: I was actually thinking about Tomura.

OT: Yes, but I'd like to know the definition "excessive".

Power: you can turn things to rock with your right hand touch

Weakness: you can't actually turn it off but you do have this special cute pink gauntlet that you can use to deactivate it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Unless the gauntlet restricts my hand movements in some way.

Acid Spit: Your salava is now acidic enough to melt though titanium. Your body can handle your new found powers with no ill affects.

Condition: You can never turn your powers, so any thing that goes into your mouth melts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nah, i love eating.

Power : You're The Human Torch but 100x more powerful than he is.

Condition : You could explode at any time and destroy the galaxy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think 100 human torches are galaxy level. But anyway, no I wouldn't accept.

Energy Absorbtion: You can absorb any type of energy, including kinetic, and expel it as projectile attacks or absorb it to amp your stats. You can absorb attacks up to planet busting without any damage.

Condition: You must make the crime rate across the world drop by at least 90% in 12 months time or you will be killed.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erm... not happening. :)-

Power - Instantly teleport to anywhere, and never get injured in the process of teleportation or upon arrival.

Condition - Valkyries will hunt you for 10 minutes for every time you teleport, at midnight that day's night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will just teleport away from the Valkries.

Martian Physiology: You gain all the powers and abilities of the Maryian Manhunter asides from telepathy (so you get his stats, shapeshifting, phasing, Martian vision etc.)

Condition: All of your negative emotions are hightened. So something that would normally just irritate you would now make you go berserk, something that would normally just tug at your heart strings a little would now make you cry your heart out, etc. (happiness and such stay the same).

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By echostarlord117

No, I'd basically be trading sanity for power. Thanks, but no thanks.

Power: You gain the ability to magically suggest a course of action. Anyone you choose that can hear you must follow said action to the best of their ability. The suggestion must sound reasonable, i.e. you can't make someone kill themselves.

Condition: Every time you use this power, there's a 50% chance that you are also affected by your power.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea. Even the "negative condition" can potentially be used to ones advantage. I mean, really. I'd probably only use it to make other people do things I am too lazy to do, and if that bounces back on me, then it gets accomplished either way.

Emotion Manipulation: You can control the emotions of others.

Condition: You passively feel the emotions of the people around you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39421825b35
deactivated-5a39421825b35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh heck yeah. I can't tell if I'm an emotional wreck or a cold heartless psychopath anyway.

Power: The ability to emit some unnamed form of radiation that slowly heats up everything in your proximity unless consciously focused into a concentrated beam.

Condition: You can't turn it off & it won't effect you directly but you can be burned by the heated objects around you i.e. you can't sleep for too long without lighting your bed on fire or getting really, really sweaty.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks at all, hell the power itself seems like a condition.

Power: Teleportation: think Doors from the Wildstorm universe.

Condtion: You'll have to rip off a finger or toenail every time you use it; they grow back instantly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39421825b35
deactivated-5a39421825b35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'll take it.

Power: Alcohol Induced Precognition (The drunker you are the further you can predict events in the future)

Condition: Gotta get drunk & the further you look the less likely you are to remember.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't drink, so no.

Genius Level Intellect: You know everything there is to know in the universe.

Condition: Your brain is so massive that your neck can't support it, so if you sit up straight your neck would snap.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Can I use my immense cosmic knowledge to solve my brain size problem? If so then, yeh. If not, then no. I mean, with all that knowledge, I should theoretically be able to transfer my consciousness onto a cyborg body. Transistors are quite a bit more compact than neurons.

Knowledge and Power Absorption: Self Explanatory.

Condition: You have to kiss the person on the lips and maintain that position for at least a full minute.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: If it is possible in the real world, then yeah.

OT: Yeah. Even if I never use the power, it's better than nothing.

Intangibility: You can become intangible like Vision.

Condition: You have no control over your powers.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Yassassin

No thanks.

Power: Jean Grey/Proof X Telepathy

Condition: Every time you use one a new person, so this is only once per person, you'll, feel everything thought, sensation, and memory they've ever experience. You won't be overwhelmed, but you can never forget.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 juiceboks  Moderator

I feel like I'd go insane with all of those thoughts and memories and I'd rather not take the chance at experiencing something that'll change my life forever.

Power: Pre-52 Captain Atom's abilities.

Condition: The shell that keeps your powers intact is made out of plastic. So if it breaks or tears at any moment, your energy will leak out and lead to the destruction of the entire universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what kind of plastic, there are durable ones out there.

Power Giving: You gain an invisible sphere of energy which randomly gives everyone within a 500 meter radius of you a cool power. A person can only get one power max.

Condition: You can't turn off your power, so even if you don't like the person, if they go near you they will receive a power. Also, you are unable to receive any powers yourself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's like asking for world wide destruction.

Power: You can bend someone else's blood like Amon.

Condition: To do that, you must first get a drop or two of that person's blood and ingest it. If the person has some disease transmitted by blood, you might get infected.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I do not want to catch anything.

Power: You can command trees to attack people and do things, sort of like a D and D Druid.

Condition: You must live in the forest for 10 days straight and have no contact with humans.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ten days straight? Depends on if I had any instructions/equipment, though I suppose if I found water I could just camp there until I'm rescued. If I had means of supporting myself I'd happily agree to it.

Power: Anything you tell people to do they have to do.

Condition: You have to do anything someone else tells you to do.