Would Sylvester Stallone have played / acted out a better terminator than Arnold Schwarzenegger in the terminator franchise?

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would Sylvester Stallone have played / acted out a better terminator than Arnold Schwarzenegger in the terminator franchise? (27 votes)

Yes 4%
No 96%

I've encountered many claiming that Sylvester Stallone is the far superior actor between the two. It's the opinion of many people. More people I've encountered think Sylvester Stallone is better than vice versa.

So now, I want to know what everyone thinks in regards to this question. Especially those who think Sylvester Stallone is the superior actor. Do you think he would've played / acted out a better terminator in the terminator franchise than Arnold Schwarzenegger. Would he have been more suitable for the role?

• 
Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People claiming Sylvester is a better actor take drugs.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His "superior acting" would be wasted on the role. Arnie worked precisely because it required literally no emotion and was mostly about body language and presence.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The role didn't require that much acting anyways. Just do cool shit and try be intimidating. Arnold seems more intimidating at least with fewer words than Stallone does.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Has Arnie ever turned in a performance as good as Stallone's in Creed?

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The role didn't require that much acting anyways. Just do cool shit and try be intimidating. Arnold seems more intimidating at least with fewer words than Stallone does.

Not sure about that. It did require acting, just with no emotion. Also, Stallone has a very deep voice and a masculine presence. So I view him as sufficiently 'intimidating' enough.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blaredevil said:

Not sure about that. It did require acting, just with no emotion. Also, Stallone has a very deep voice and a masculine presence. So I view him as sufficiently 'intimidating' enough.

So does Arnold. Yes, both men are intimidating I'm just saying the roles being reversed would only be a superficial change with some minor differences. I'd say overall Stallone is the better actor and director, but Arnold can pull off silent and intimating much better as far as Terminator goes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stallone is a better actor than Arnold, however he would not fit the part as well.

The terminator needed to be huge and intimidating and just have the look of cold determination. Arnold had the build, and the facial features to pull it off well.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, just no. Arnold' stone emotionless face is much more menacing than Sylvester'; similar situation with body build. Arnold in his prime is perfect representation of what T-800 series should be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The only person who could've played that role was Arnold. Something about that thick Austrian accent was essential and it somehow worked. Never mind his physique and face. I just can't imagine Stallone or anyone else as the Terminator.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24 said:

Has Arnie ever turned in a performance as good as Stallone's in Creed?

Maggie was a pretty solid performance for Arnold.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

No, he wasn't big enough.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry, how many Oscar nominations has Arnold had?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's tough. I do think it would have been better acted, but I don't think Stallone would have been better for the role. I think Arnold's voice is what made the Terminator so cool.

Huir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The terminator was mostly portrayed through body language and stage presence. Arnold did it perfectly.

Brainiactic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't have the size, and he just doesn't seem like much of an imposing figure.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's tough. I do think it would have been better acted, but I don't think Stallone would have been better for the role. I think Arnold's voice is what made the Terminator so cool.

I guess you're correct. Arnold Schwarzenegger is probably the most overrated and worst actor in Hollywood history. I don't think he should've even become an actor in the first place. He should've stuck to bodybuilding (where he is truly an all time great).

Every role that Arnold Schwarzenegger played as an actor (including Terminator) should've been played by Sylvester Stallone.

Acting is probably the biggest mistake Arnold made in his career whilst leaving bodybuilding.

If you truly think Stallone is the better actor, I can't think of one good reason why you would think Arnold should've got the role instead. Stallone's voice is even deeper than Arnold's and he looks just as masculine. He is a little bit shorter but he could've worked out to build the required muscles (or have taken steroids).

No. The only person who could've played that role was Arnold. Something about that thick Austrian accent was essential and it somehow worked. Never mind his physique and face. I just can't imagine Stallone or anyone else as the Terminator.

So who do you think is the better actor between the two?

@huir said:

No. The terminator was mostly portrayed through body language and stage presence. Arnold did it perfectly.

Stallone can also do those things.

Stallone is a better actor than Arnold, however he would not fit the part as well.

The terminator needed to be huge and intimidating and just have the look of cold determination. Arnold had the build, and the facial features to pull it off well.

Sylvester Stallone could've also built his body up. Apart from size, Stallone has all those other attributes that you're referring to. Stallone has an even deeper voice than Arnold. He can also look menacing as well.

@ganstaz003 said:
@blaredevil said:

So does Arnold. Yes, both men are intimidating I'm just saying the roles being reversed would only be a superficial change with some minor differences. I'd say overall Stallone is the better actor and director, but Arnold can pull off silent and intimating much better as far as Terminator goes.

So if Stallone was the better actor, then why can't he also act better in silent and intimating roles too? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? Either he is a better actor or he isn't.

I can't think of one good reason why Arnold should've got the role over Stallone if Stallone is seen as the better actor.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

I guess you're correct. Arnold Schwarzenegger is probably the most overrated and worst actor in Hollywood history. I don't think he should've even become an actor in the first place. He should've stuck to bodybuilding (where he is truly an all time great).

Every role that Arnold Schwarzenegger played as an actor (including Terminator) should've been played by Sylvester Stallone.

Acting is probably the biggest mistake Arnold made in his career whilst leaving bodybuilding.

If you truly think Stallone is the better actor, I can't think of one good reason why you would think Arnold should've got the role instead. Stallone's voice is even deeper than Arnold's and he looks just as masculine. He is a little bit shorter but he could've worked out to build the required muscles (or have taken steroids).

Being a better actor does not necessarily mean you would be better in any role. I think Sylvester Stallone is a better actor than Ezra Miller, but I do not want to see him play The Flash in Justice League. I think Schwarzenneger is better for action than Stallone, even though Stallone is an overall better actor. Don't get me wrong, Stallone could do great action back in his day, but not as good as Schwarzenneger's, and at the end of the day, a movie like Terminator needs great action. And as I said, I think Schwarzenneger's iconic voice really made the Terminator movies better.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003 said:
@mrmonster said:

Being a better actor does not necessarily mean you would be better in any role. I think Sylvester Stallone is a better actor than Ezra Miller, but I do not want to see him play The Flash in Justice League. I think Schwarzenneger is better for action than Stallone, even though Stallone is an overall better actor. Don't get me wrong, Stallone could do great action back in his day, but not as good as Schwarzenneger's, and at the end of the day, a movie like Terminator needs great action. And as I said, I think Schwarzenneger's iconic voice really made the Terminator movies better.

In other words, what you're really implying is that Sylvester Stallone really isn't a better actor OVERALL but just a better actor in different roles and worse actor in other roles compared to Arnold Schwarzenegger?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003 said:
@mrmonster said:

Speak for yourself. That's my dream casting.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

I mean he probably would make it seem more realistic to be an Infiltrator, since...ya know the 800 was designed for Infiltration. To pose as human and not stand out, compared to the gigantic Arnold.

Apart from that though, eh....Arnold did a fantastic job with it regardless, there wasn't much that needed to be there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

No one could've done a better job than Arnie, He was tailor made for it.