Would hitler be as despised if he picked muslims instead of jews for the halocaust?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would hitler be as despised if he picked muslims instead of jews for the halocaust? (144 votes)

Yes 27%
No 15%
It is still extremely wrong but an evil necessity to combat extremists 6%
Genocide is wrong doesn't matter who its against 47%
It would still be wrong however many lives could be saved 6%
 • 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By nefarious

I'm sure there were some muslims in the Holocaust. Who knows?

But yes, he would be as despised.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@hylian:

I shall keep your punishment in reserve for when the time is suitable ^_^

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some odd reason, out of all of the genocides that have occurred in history, the holocaust tends the be the one that stands out and is emphasized as one of the worst and, as bad as it sounds, I honestly don't think it would have stood out as much if it had been another group of people.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#59 frozen  Moderator

For some odd reason, out of all of the genocides that have occurred in history, the holocaust tends the be the one that stands out and is emphasized as one of the worst and, as bad as it sounds, I honestly don't think it would have stood out as much if it had been another group of people.

I could offer a host of reasons to why the Holocaust (specifically, the Jewish side) is put into splotlight the most but I think they're already known.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By tomlikesfries

@sophia89 said:

Genocide is wrong doesn't matter who its against.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

I could offer a host of reasons to why the Holocaust (specifically, the Jewish side) is put into splotlight the most but I think they're already known.

And why's that?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Claymore1998
KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KingVenus
Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingvenus:

If I am Jasmine, you are the tiger >_>

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By KingVenus
dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By dshipp17

@itsomething said:

@saren: Yeah, I don't get how japan doesn't get half the "flak" as Germany considering what they did in Asia (China in paticular). It always comes up in converstations like "oh, the Germans were so evil" etc. Yet people are completely oblivious to Japans action in WWii. (nlt defending the Nazis here)

Well, the same can be said for the Christian Holocaust in Asia Minor between 1894 and 1923. There is not even that bit of mention to the Christian Holocaust (e.g. the Japanese actions).

Christians were also apart of the non-Jewish Holocaust by Hitler; the non-Jewish Holocaust has gone largely unmentioned. Basically, the only reason that Muslims were not targeted by Hitler was because he was stopped by the allies before he could advance into Muslim controlled territory.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mandarinestro

The problem is at the time Hitler was around, there are more Jews than Muslims. There were more Jews, Slavs, Romani, Blacks, Asians, Catholics, Communists, Gays, and Jehovah's Witnesses combined than Muslims all over the world.

It was also easier to scapegoat these people because a lot of them were in Germany since World War I. Meanwhile, to scapegoat Muslims would be to scapegoat the Turkish Republic under Ataturk, which although neutral would probably have joined the war on the Allied side if provoked.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Totally overrated because Zionists control the media. Either way, history is written by the victors so USA only highlighted the part where they stormed Pearl Harbour and the nukes. This is why most people don't even know more people died in Stalingrad than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined but USA didn't do much emphasising because the Soviets were involved.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Yes but USA was considerably the only one who 'won' WW2 because the entire Europe and Asia became impoverished. Aside from that, they did win the Cold War.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: There were about 10,000 Jehovah's Witnesses too. Most mainstream Christians don't know this because, well, you know.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil's Advocate: It would be wrong, but we may have saved ourselves a bit of a headache today...

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Vrakmul
@saren said:

If Hitler had eased off on the Jews, would 20th century xenophobia instead be defined by what Japan got up to during World War II? Because the highest estimates say Hitler had 6 million Jews, Romani and other such "undesirables" killed, but the highest estimates put the Japanese kill tally at 10 million Chinese, Korean and various other Asian groups. Between that and doing their level best to try and turn China into a giant rape camp, I'm always surprised the Nazis get more (deserved, certainly) flak for World War II than Japan did. Maybe it was the nukes.

The entirety of the European/African theater added up to 21,800,000 to 28,000,000 dead in the Soviet Union alone, about 800,000ish thousand dead from America and the U.K, 1,027,000 to 1,700,000 dead in Yugoslavia, 5,620,000 to 5,820,000 dead in Poland, 7,000,000 to 9,000,000 dead in Germany, 580,000 dead in Hungary, 320,000 to 807,000 dead in Greece, 88,000 dead in Belgium, 550,000 dead in France, 100,000 dead in Ethiopia, 454,600 dead in Italy, 800,000 dead in Romania, 325,000 dead in Czechoslovakia, and I'd keep on going but this is hella depressing and basically thanks to Hitler; pretty much every country in Europe that didn't completely sit out of the war was left a charnelhouse. In total some 46,000,000 people at the highest estimates had died of preventable causes due to the war.

Japan's romp in Asia is responsible for the deaths of up to 10-20 million Chinese, 3=4 million Indonesians, 1.2-2 million across Indochina, 0.5-1 million Filipinos, assorted other Asian groups who add up to about 1 millionish total. 2.6 million to 3.2 million Japanese people also died, several million throughout the British Raj perished, and so on so forth. Up to 41 million died in the Asian theater.

I'd say even without the Gas chambers being a thing, Hitler's Germany would still be remembered as basically the worst thing to happen to Europe thanks to the Wehrmacht and SS's incredible brutality and starvation policies (Germany had a pretty crap agriculture system so they planned on starving most of the rest of Europe to keep themselves fat and happy), its barbaric treatment of POWs in the Eastern Front and cartoonishly villainous methods of dealing with partisans, as well as setting many macabre records for massacres by gunfire.

Japan was by all means, incredibly and unimaginably brutal and sadistic, but whereas Japan made an art out of mass murder, Germany made it into a Science. I think this is ultimately why we find Germany the more abhorrent of the two. It was more than just barbarism, it was taking all the tools of "civilized" and "enlightened" society and turning them towards goals that nobody seriously believed that European people were capable of pursuing. Meanwhile given the racism at the time it was considerably easier to swallow the idea that Japan hit Asia the same way Syphilis hits your genitals.

Sauce for casualties: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

As for the thread topic, I'd say that this stinks of hilariously transparent Islamophobia. In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and say that

No Caption Provided

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Anyway killing Muslims does not guarantee the halt of extremism.

There could be other groups of murderers in the 21st Century calling themselves "rebels with a cause." The thing about Radical Islam is it didn't rise on it's own; USA was the one to first arm Mujahideen against Soviets in Afghanistan.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Vrakmul

@rd189 said:

Devil's Advocate: It would be wrong, but we may have saved ourselves a bit of a headache today...

Hitler killing Muslims by the millions would do the exact opposite of stopping radical Islam, you would instead be seeing its rise decades earlier than in our timeline in an even more violent form. The only way you would not leave an incredibly angry Muslim population behind after this (there were Jewish movements who wished to make Germany suffer for the Holocaust and the Allies were seriously entertaining the idea of leaving Germany as a medieval society to punish it, with only the Cold war stopping this idea from being implemented, so I sincerely doubt that Muslims would not entertain ideas of revenge on Germany) is if Hitler made some magical death ray and somehow killed all the muslims.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is only the most tasteless question in history.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By patrat18

No Caption Provided

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: You're Reich. But Aryan't you going to post a gif?

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is only the most tasteless question in history.

I could somewhat agree with this..

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By HopeOnFire

The Nazis would have fallen earlier, since Muslims won't sit by and take that sh!t. They'd wage a 'holy' war against the third reich.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By kidchipotle
Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yes, he would have been hated just as much.

But if he existed post 9/11, there's a different story right there.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean all Muslims or just the extremist? Because I've met some Muslims before and they're not all bad....

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read The Holocaust Industry by Norman Finkelstein.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk people tend not to like muslims

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: I think he's talking about Turkey.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God. I am horrified this is even a question.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I think a better question would be if there was a genocide of Muslims today, would it be bad or good?

I think it could be possible for it to happen to Muslims with the hate they have against them now.

Since 1980 4M Muslims have died from the result of war.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I certainly hope so.

This. Plus, he didn't pick on the Jews. He killed 5 million other people that weren't Jewish in the concentration camps. Jews were just the largest minority group in Germany and Austria.

If Hitler was in the United States, African and Native American would've felt his insecurities.