Would hitler be as despised if he picked muslims instead of jews for the halocaust?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would hitler be as despised if he picked muslims instead of jews for the halocaust? (143 votes)

Yes 27%
No 15%
It is still extremely wrong but an evil necessity to combat extremists 6%
Genocide is wrong doesn't matter who its against 47%
It would still be wrong however many lives could be saved 5%
 • 
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

What are you implying?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man lol this probably wont end will.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: not implying anything just curious is people would be more accepting if it was a different relgion how would it be viewed in history, as there have been many genocides some of which had hardly as much coverage or despise compared to hitler, and i used to think it was the numbers invovled however compared to some in africa and asia the numbers involved wasnt that big, so was it beacuse the people were jewish that it is so infamous

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

obviously, not all Muslims are terrorists, most aren't, anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

Genocide is wrong no matter what.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to watch this forum, anybody who disagrees, I'm going to tear them apart and throw down tons of reasons as to how they are being ignorant. This is a topic where there is no opinion only fact.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Would FDR be so loved if he was a man cricket hybrid ?

See these are the questions that need answers

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Frozen

17% who voted it is an evil necessity to combat extremists...

Really?

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deadcool_XD

@frozen said:

17% who voted it is an evil necessity to combat extremists...

Really?

I know what dip$hits. Society has lost it. 8% agreed and say many lives would be saved, BS, more lives would be lost if that many muslims were killed.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We British Muslims prefer to wallow in vicarious victimhood. Only "our" tragedies matter: Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Chechnya roll off our tongues. But none of these surpasses the Holocaust's barbarism. The Nazi genocide cannot be relativised or generalised. It was an unprecedented act of industrial slaughter; a uniquely horrific crime against humanity.

Yet between 2001 and 2007 the Muslim Council of Britain took the morally abhorrent (and strategically stupid) decision to boycott the day, crassly insisting that it be renamed "Genocide Memorial Day". In 2008, the boycott was dropped only to be resumed in 2009 after Israel's assault on Gaza. I yield to no one in my support for the Palestinian cause. But denying or ignoring the Holocaust does nothing to advance that cause. Palestinian suffering is not reduced by belittling the mass murder of Europe's Jews

Just pointing out when the british muslims refused to mourn for the halocaust was a big thing here lots of jewish people were outraged

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

If Hitler had eased off on the Jews, would 20th century xenophobia instead be defined by what Japan got up to during World War II? Because the highest estimates say Hitler had 6 million Jews, Romani and other such "undesirables" killed, but the highest estimates put the Japanese kill tally at 10 million Chinese, Korean and various other Asian groups. Between that and doing their level best to try and turn China into a giant rape camp, I'm always surprised the Nazis get more (deserved, certainly) flak for World War II than Japan did. Maybe it was the nukes.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

the decision was definitely stupid, but they decided this primarily due to the Israeli Palestinian conflict. Still this is a small group of Muslims in comparison to the whole.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mortein

If the question was "Should Hitler be as much despised if he committed genocide against Muslims instead of the Jews", the answer would obviously be yes. But the Question OP asked is "Would Hitler be as despised" which is far more complicated question, and the one for which I do not a clear answer.

But I would guess probably yes, because USA was against the Nazis, and USA knows how to properly demonize their enemies.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Just saying, 5 million non-Jews were killed in the Holocaust too...

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

If Hitler had eased off on the Jews, would 20th century xenophobia instead be defined by what Japan got up to during World War II? Because the highest estimates say Hitler had 6 million Jews, Romani and other such "undesirables" killed, but the highest estimates put the Japanese kill tally at 10 million Chinese, Korean and various other Asian groups. Between that and doing their level best to try and turn China into a giant rape camp, I'm always surprised the Nazis get more (deserved, certainly) flak for World War II than Japan did. Maybe it was the nukes.

I even read that Japanese were practicing cannibalism on captive allied and asian soldiers. They were even cutting flesh from still living prisoners, but I'm not sure if these claims are confirmed.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@saren: I always wonder why nobody ever brings up the Rape of Nanking

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: I agree whoever it is agaisnt it SHOULD be just as bad however the world and peoples views will be different, just as Saren pointed out about Japan which is not as well documented or frowned upon

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deadcool_XD

society never ceases to impress me....o wait yes it does all the time.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

This could very well be a multiple choice poll.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the world is loosin it I tell you

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing I notice about a lot of Muslims is that they are quick to condemn others for insulting their Prophet and their religion. But when radical islamic terrorist kill innocents in the name of their Prophet you don't hear much of an outcry from these same Muslims.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass murdering any group or religion is bad. The fact that some people said "No he wouldn't be" is pretty sad.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are you implying?... The Genocide of any religion or race is always abominable.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What are you implying?... The Genocide of any religion or race is always abominable.

But the world is enjoying the massacre of palestinians.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

I have some thoughts on why Japan gets less flak.

1.) The West is more connected and vocal about what happened during WW2. Look around the internet and you see vocal Westerners on every forum(nothing wrong with that). You don't see Pinoys, Thais, Koreans, or mainland Chinese visiting the sites we do.

2.) People love everything Japanese these days, from Anime to video games to J-pop even to AV idols. What does Germany offer? Great engineering for sure, but I doubt teenagers really care about that. And teenagers are the most vocal.

3.) Ignorance. Everyone knows the Jews were gassed in WW2. People know Japan commit atrocities but to what degree? Most of my friends didn't know Unit 731 exists. Most don't know about the twisted ways Japan tortured captive Allied troops. The way they killed babies etc.

I live in Asia, when Japan got hit by the Tsunami, literally 8/10 of my friends list on FB were posting stuff like 'Stay strong Japan' or posting videos with captions like 'watching this made me cry'. When hurricane Katrina or the typhoon is Phillipines happened, not ONE of my friends posted anything. I'm sure my friend's list on FB doesn't represent everyone, but I've been around long enough to see that people generally paints Japan in a positive light.

One of my friend's asked me if given the chance I would like to live in Japan and I said no because Japan is a stressful nation to live in. He then went on and on about how Japan is a beautiful country and the stress is only in Tokyo. Oh boy.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex said:

@kingvenus said:

Speak for yourself.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: not implying anything just curious is people would be more accepting if it was a different relgion how would it be viewed in history, as there have been many genocides some of which had hardly as much coverage or despise compared to hitler, and i used to think it was the numbers invovled however compared to some in africa and asia the numbers involved wasnt that big, so was it beacuse the people were jewish that it is so infamous

Not all genocides are going to get as much coverage as others, that's just how it is. But not only was the Holocaust recent enough to where there are people alive today who have lived through the worst of it, but the events associated with that particular genocide reverberated through nations on a global scale. I don't see why changing the religious background of the victims lessens the atrocities inflicted upon them.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing I notice about a lot of Muslims is that they are quick to condemn others for insulting their Prophet and their religion. But when radical islamic terrorist kill innocents in the name of their Prophet you don't hear much of an outcry from these same Muslims.

That's ignorant, these "lot" of muslims are the extremists, who in some cases are the terrorists, not all muslims go into an outrage over these things, And if you are Christian or jewish, etc and someone speaks trash about your religion, you would be pretty pissed to. If you actually watched the news, you would realize that the wider majority of muslims are distraught at the way terrorists portray their religion. So before you respond, why don't you actually consider the thoughts of the non terrorist Muslims.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The three of you who voted no, get a life.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The three of you who voted no, get a life.

They have a life.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deadcool_XD
Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rouflex said:

@kingvenus said:

Speak for yourself.

The Goverments are enjoying it and a good portion of the people belive their lies.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: So, you killed them?

I am not in the mood for humor, some people on this thread are just degrading all of society

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By itsomething

@saren: Yeah, I don't get how japan doesn't get half the "flak" as Germany considering what they did in Asia (China in paticular). It always comes up in converstations like "oh, the Germans were so evil" etc. Yet people are completely oblivious to Japans action in WWii. (nlt defending the Nazis here)

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

This hypothetical question is impossible to contextualize without living in an alternate reality. Assuming all things being equal with the only difference being Muslims rather than Jews being wiped out, I would say the initial revulsion would be about the same though the revulsion would decrease with time as Muslims continue to do violent acts against the West.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

....why would you even ask this?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people who voted no probably just clicked on it by accident.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I certainly hope so.

You hope so? Why you say this?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 18

I'd like to think that he would. People are people and their lives all have equal value. But, let's face it, people aren't that nice.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian said:

@aronmorales said:

I certainly hope so.

'Cuz genocide is bad no matter the person, brah.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian said:

@aronmorales said:

I certainly hope so.

'Cuz genocide is bad no matter the person, brah.

Never mind. I read the title wrong >_> I read it as would he be despised less.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: Aaaaaaah, I was a bit worried there.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian:

You read the title wrong? For this crime you must be made to pay >_>