Would Depacito still be a Worldwide hit without the Justin Bieber remix?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Poll Would Depacito still be a Worldwide hit without the Justin Bieber remix? (25 votes)

Yes, because it's a great song 36%
No, it was because of Justin Bieber remix that the song became a huge hit 48%
No, the real reason is the popular Latin rapper Daddy Yankee 16%

Some people are saying Despacito became a worldwide hit because it's just a great, catchy and infectious song. Others would say it was because of Daddy Yankee. But others would say it is because of Justin Bieber's remix. What do you think is the most real answer? and Please explain further with your answer/vote.

By the way: http://www.universalmusic.com/luis-fonsi-daddy-yankees-despacito-sets-record-streamed-song-time/

LUIS FONSI AND DADDY YANKEE’S ‘DESPACITO’ SETS RECORD FOR MOST STREAMED SONG OF ALL TIME

• 
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Is it a hit? I wouldn't know and neither would most people I think.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it a hit? I wouldn't know and neither would most people I think.

Yes it is. It's #1 in the US Billboard Hot 100 for 10 weeks already and is definitely going to break Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You record.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ad-arts

Do you see Bieber in the video? There is almost 3bln views without him... No go look up the version with him and compare. 2.7bln vs 400ml... cmn, isn't it obvious?

Simple math really, if people believe it became a huge hit because of Bieber, why isnt it a huge hit ( the Bieber version )?

Numbers state which song is a hit, it was already receiving great views before Bieber tagged along.

Also another thing, how would a song NOT featuring Bieber, became a hit because of him? Don't you see the contradiction here :D

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

Do you see Bieber in the video? There is almost 3bln views without him... No go look up the version with him and compare. 2.7bln vs 400ml... cmn, isn't it obvious?

Simple math really, if people believe it became a huge hit because of Bieber, why isnt it a huge hit ( the Bieber version )?

Numbers state which song is a hit, it was already receiving great views before Bieber tagged along.

Also another thing, how would a song NOT featuring Bieber, became a hit because of him? Don't you see the contradiction here :D

It is because there is no official video of the remix video of Justin bieber so people are forced to watch the original music video. There is a video of the remix but it's just a still picture so who would watch it again after you already watched it?

Most people revive the song ala Justin Bieber version. Also, the version that went number 1 in US Billboard Hot 100 and UK's official chart is the Justin Bieber version.

There are a lot of spanish music videos that reached 1 billion views never went to #1 in english speaking countries. Even top 10.

What I mean was Despacito wouldn't be a hit if there was no Justin Bieber remix.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ad-arts

@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:

It is because there is no official video of the remix video of Justin bieber so people are forced to watch the original music video. There is a video of the remix but it's just a still picture so who would watch it again after you already watched it?

Most people revive the song ala Justin Bieber version. Also, the version that went number 1 in US Billboard Hot 100 and UK's official chart is the Justin Bieber version.

There are a lot of spanish music videos that reached 1 billion views never went to #1 in english speaking countries. Even top 10.

What I mean was Despacito wouldn't be a hit if there was no Justin Bieber remix.

It is because there is no official video of the remix video of Justin bieber so people are forced to watch the original music video

I don't feel forced, i prefer the original one. I guess by your logic i am the only one in the world. I do not watch it, i listen just like most people do.

US Billboard Hot 100 and UK's official

Is US and UK the only two countries in the world or the most pupulated? Combined have only about 5% of worlds population...

#1 in english speaking countrie

There is over 1000 laungages, not just english...

What I mean was Despacito wouldn't be a hit if there was no Justin Bieber remix

You are wrong and you argue with numbers now, isnt it silly? Despacito WAS a hit already before there was a remix. Everything in the top 100 youtube is considered generally a hit ( across the world ) not US/UK -> everywhere.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:

It is because there is no official video of the remix video of Justin bieber so people are forced to watch the original music video

I don't feel forced, i prefer the original one. I guess by your logic i am the only one in the world. I do not watch it, i listen just as most people do.

Is US and UK the only two countries in the world or the most pupulated? Combined have only about 5% of worlds population...

You are wrong and you argue with numbers now, isnt it silly? Despacito WAS a hit already before there was a remix. Everything in the top 100 youtube is considered generally a hit ( across the world ) not US/UK -> everywhere.

- Ok. "forced" is not the right word but since there's no music video for the Justin remix version, so people are going to watch the original music video.

- Not really on those countries only, actually. And also, USA and UK are two of the biggest markets in music so being very popular on those countries mean money and popularity especially when you make it to the top spot on both countries.

- But there are only more than 100 countries only and prolly half of them speaks and understands English.

- Despacito wasn't a hit to me as a non-spanish speaker and didn't actually know the song and I only got interested to check the song because of the remix version.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ad-arts

@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:

I don't feel forced, i prefer the original one. I guess by your logic i am the only one in the world. I do not watch it, i listen just as most people do.

- Ok. "forced" is not the right word but since there's no music video for the Justin remix version, so people are going to watch the original music video.

- Not really on those countries only, actually. And also, USA and UK are two of the biggest markets in music so being very popular on those countries mean money and popularity especially when you make it to the top spot on both countries.

- But there are only more than 100 countries only and prolly half of them speaks and understands English.

- Despacito wasn't a hit to me as a non-spanish speaker and didn't actually know the song and I only got interested to check the song because of the remix version.

Ok. "forced" is not the right word but since there's no music video for the Justin remix version, so people are going to watch the original music video.

So you are ignoring the fact that despacito was a hit before the remix? It is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Not really on those countries only, actually. And also, USA and UK are two of the biggest markets in music so being very popular on those countries mean money and popularity especially when you make it to the top spot on both countries.

Yes they are two of the biggest compared to other countries but nothing major compared to the entire world. Again, these 2 countires have only 5% of total population.

Despacito wasn't a hit to me as a non-spanish speaker and didn't actually know the song and I only got interested to check the song because of the remix version.

I am sorry i did not realzie the question was "was despacito a hit to me ( jhazzroucher ) :). I mean sure you can judge the song by your standards but why not look at numbers instead? Numbers are objective... You are not, no person is.

I can see how you may think that it is a hit because of Bieber but the numbers do not lie... Here is why....

Despacitio ( original one ) hit 1 billion views before Bieber remix - 1 billion. It was already one of the most pupular videos in the history of youtube.

So again, did it get popular because of Bieber? No, it already was insanely popular and it was already a hit. Not many songs ever reached 1bln, even less reached it that fast, almost none really. All before Bieber's remix. Care to explain?

BTW i am not saying Bieber did not help, mostlikely did, he is fairly popular mostly among teenagers, but this is not the topic of this conversation. The question was not if it did help, was it. The question was would it still be a hit, the answer is, it already was with 1bln views and the reason it is a hit, is because it is a hit, Bieber or not.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure who this Daddy Yankee is, but I'm pretty sure he's not as big as name as Justin Bieber.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if the links work but here:

According to US BillBoard:

Despacito 1st week (May 27, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7793159/luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-despacito-justin-bieber-number-one[/url]

[quote][I]No. 1 in streams & sales: "Despacito" scores its first week at No. 1 on the Streaming Songs chart with 54.3 million U.S. streams, up 14 percent, in the week ending May 11, according to Nielsen Music. It also leads the Digital Song Sales chart, rebounding 2-1 for a second week on top, with 104,000 downloads sold, up 4 percent, in the week ending May 11; the [SIZE=4][B]remix with Bieber[/B][/SIZE], released April 17, [SIZE=4][B]accounts for 73 percent of the song's sales in the tracking week[/B][/SIZE]. On Radio Songs, "Despacito" darts 18-11 with 57 million in all-format airplay audience, up 17 percent, in the week ending May 14.[/I][/quote]

Despacito 2nd week (June 03, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7801324/luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-despacito-hot-100-number-one-miley-cyrus-malibu[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) leads the Streaming Songs chart for a second week, with 59.4 million U.S. streams (up 9 percent) in the week ending May 18, according to Nielsen Music. It also rules the Digital Song Sales chart for a third week, with 115,000 downloads sold (up 11 percent) in the week ending May 18; for a second consecutive week, [B][SIZE=4]the remix with Bieber[/SIZE][/B], released April 17, [B][SIZE=4]accounts for 73 percent of the song's sales.[/SIZE][/B][/I][/quote]

Despacito 3rd week (June 10, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7809684/hot-100-luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-despacito-ed-sheeran-record[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) leads the Streaming Songs chart for a second week, with 65.4 million U.S. streams (up 10 percent) in the week ending May 25, according to Nielsen Music. It also rules the Digital Song Sales chart for a fourth week, with 137,000 downloads sold (up 19 percent) in the week ending May 25; [B][SIZE=4]the remix with Bieber[/SIZE][/B], released April 17, [B][SIZE=4]accounts for 77 percent of the song's sales[/SIZE][/B] (up from 73 percent each of the two previous weeks).[/I][/quote]

Despacito 4th week (June 17, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7817686/luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-despacito-hot-100-post-malone[/url]

[quote][I]Despacito" rules the Digital Song Sales chart for a fifth week, with 148,000 downloads sold (up 8 percent) in the week ending June 1; [B][SIZE=4]the remix with Bieber accounts for 80 percent of the song's sales [/SIZE][/B](up from 77 percent a week ago and 73 percent each of the two previous weeks).[/I][/quote]

Despacito 5th week (June 24, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7825865/luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-despacito-justin-bieber-hot-100-fifth-week[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) leads the Digital Song Sales chart for a sixth week, with 141,000 downloads sold (down 5 percent) in the week ending June 8; [SIZE=4][B]the remix with Bieber accounts for 80 percent of the song's sales[/B][/SIZE] for a second consecutive week. The track tops the Streaming Songs chart for a fifth week, with 68.3 million U.S. streams (down 2 percent) in the week ending June 8, according to Nielsen Music. On Radio Songs, "Despacito" keeps at No. 7 with 112 million in all-format airplay audience (up 11 percent) in the week ending June 11, adding the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer award for a fourth consecutive week.[/I][/quote]

Despacito 6th week (July 01, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7834055/justin-bieber-three-best-sellers-hot-100-despacito-number-one[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) leads the Digital Song Sales chart for a sixth week, with 140,000 downloads sold (down 1 percent) in the week ending June 15, according to Nielsen Music; [SIZE=4][B]the remix with Bieber accounts for 80 percent of the song's sales [/B][/SIZE]for a third consecutive week. The track tops the Streaming Songs chart for a sixth week, with 69.4 million U.S. streams (up 2 percent) in the week ending June 15. On Radio Songs, "Despacito" darts 6-3 with 125 million in all-format airplay audience (up 12 percent) in the week ending June 18, adding the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer award for a fifth consecutive week.[/I][/quote]

Despacito 7th week (July 08, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7842210/despacito-hot-100-number-one-7th-week-dj-khaled-rihanna-wild-thoughts[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) leads the Digital Song Sales chart for an eighth week, with 139,000 downloads sold (down 1 percent) in the week ending June 22, according to Nielsen Music; [SIZE=4][B]the remix with Bieber accounts for 78 percent of the song's sales[/B][/SIZE] (in line with its 80 percent share the prior three weeks). The track tops the Streaming Songs chart for a seventh week, with 66.6 million U.S. streams (down 4 percent) in the week ending June 22. On Radio Songs, "Despacito" pushes 3-2 with 134 million in all-format airplay audience (up 6 percent) in the week ending June 18.[/I][/quote]

Despacito 8th week (July 15, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7850288/luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-justin-bieber-despacito-hot-100-imagine-dragons-top-10[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) dominates the Digital Song Sales chart for a ninth week, with 136,000 downloads sold (down 1 percent) in the week ending June 29, according to Nielsen Music; [SIZE=4][B]the remix with Bieber accounts for 78 percent of the song's sales[/B][/SIZE] (essentially even week-over-week and in line with its 80 percent share the three weeks before that).[/I][/quote]

Despacito 9th week (July 22, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7858120/despacito-hot-100-number-one-ninth-week-justin-bieber[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) dominates the Digital Song Sales chart for a 10th week, with 129,000 downloads sold (down 6 percent) in the week ending July 6, according to Nielsen Music; [SIZE=4][B]the remix with Bieber accounts for 78 percent of the song's sales[/B][/SIZE] (essentially even week-over-week and in line with its 80 percent share the four weeks before that).[/I][/quote]

Despacito 10th week (July 22, 2017) at #1 in US BillBoard Hot 100 > [url]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7866232/despacito-hot-100-ten-weeks-ed-sheeran-top-5-record[/url]

[quote][I]"Despacito" dominates the Digital Song Sales chart for an 11th week, with 124,000 downloads sold (down 3 percent) in the week ending July 13, according to Nielsen Music; [SIZE=4][B]the remix with Bieber accounts for 77 percent of the song's sales [/B][/SIZE](just off its 78 percent share a week ago and in line with its breakdown in recent weeks). On the Streaming Songs chart, "Despacito" leads for a 10th week, with 60.3 million U.S. streams (down 2 percent) in the week ending July 13.[/I][/quote]

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luis Fonsi is more talented than Justin Beaver

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, duh.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is the first time I wanted someone to bring up cultural appropriations to go after someone.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its an impressive feat for JB to deliver a song out of his language barrier. So no. The song wouldn't be a worldwide hit without the biggest reigning artist in the world.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ad-arts

How do you recognize a fanboy? Easy, its a person who ignores facts completely...

Piece of advice, do not start a debate when you are not able to hear the other side, even if provided FACTS... Jeeezzz

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea how i ended up here lol, not my kinda music

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I do think it would still be worldwide without JB. But there's no questioning JB remix made it exponentially more popular than it would ever have been without it.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JB definitely made it more popular. My sister would have paid no attention to the song if she didn't come across JB singing it, and neither would any of his millions of fans.

It would probably still have been reasonably popular, but not to the current level.

As for the person who mentioned that the original has more views, that is simply because that's the first one most people go to without realizing that JB isn't in it. That's what happened with me.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dernman

@staticspeedster said:
Loading Video...

Rather watch this crap than either version of the song........>__>

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: lol. Don't call it crap mate! It's good music.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh at the thought of this song possibly breaking Mariah Carey's record of most weeks at #1 with One Sweet Day.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jhazzroucher

@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:

Ok. "forced" is not the right word but since there's no music video for the Justin remix version, so people are going to watch the original music video.

So you are ignoring the fact that despacito was a hit before the remix? It is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Not really on those countries only, actually. And also, USA and UK are two of the biggest markets in music so being very popular on those countries mean money and popularity especially when you make it to the top spot on both countries.

Yes they are two of the biggest compared to other countries but nothing major compared to the entire world. Again, these 2 countires have only 5% of total population.

Despacito wasn't a hit to me as a non-spanish speaker and didn't actually know the song and I only got interested to check the song because of the remix version.

I am sorry i did not realzie the question was "was despacito a hit to me ( jhazzroucher ) :). I mean sure you can judge the song by your standards but why not look at numbers instead? Numbers are objective... You are not, no person is.

I can see how you may think that it is a hit because of Bieber but the numbers do not lie... Here is why....

Despacitio ( original one ) hit 1 billion views before Bieber remix - 1 billion. It was already one of the most pupular videos in the history of youtube.

So again, did it get popular because of Bieber? No, it already was insanely popular and it was already a hit. Not many songs ever reached 1bln, even less reached it that fast, almost none really. All before Bieber's remix. Care to explain?

BTW i am not saying Bieber did not help, mostlikely did, he is fairly popular mostly among teenagers, but this is not the topic of this conversation. The question was not if it did help, was it. The question was would it still be a hit, the answer is, it already was with 1bln views and the reason it is a hit, is because it is a hit, Bieber or not.

- Again , getting 1 billion views is nothing on US billboard Hot 100 charts as well as UK's official music chart. Despacito will never would have been #1 on both countries without the Justin Bieber remix.

-The question is if it's going to be a worldwide hit and it would not without the remix. There are a lot of spanish songs which had more than billion views but were not popular worldwide and didn't even make i to the top spot especially on english speaking countries.

-But I love the song and I really hope it will continue to stay on top on US Billboard hot 100 chart for 17 weeks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a hit because it's catchy and people like it.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Again , getting 1 billion views is nothing on US billboard Hot 100 charts as well as UK's official music chart. Despacito will never would have been #1 on both countries without the Justin Bieber remix.

-The question is if it's going to be a worldwide hit and it would not without the remix. There are a lot of spanish songs which had more than billion views but were not popular worldwide and didn't even make i to the top spot especially on english speaking countries.

-But I love the song and I really hope it will continue to stay on top on US Billboard hot 100 chart for 17 weeks.

Doesn't Billboard count Youtube views in its chart positions?

17 weeks? Really? I mean it's catchy enough, but it's nowhere's near as good as songs like "The Boy is Mine" (13 weeks), Mariah Carey's We Belong Together (14 weeks) and One Sweet Day (16 weeks). Even if it is much better than Black Eyed Peas's I Gotta Feeling (14 weeks, ugh). I mean Daddy Yankee and Luis Fonsi are pretty great, but Justin Bieber can't even perform it live properly.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ad-arts

@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:

My suggestion is:

Do not start a topic you do not understand.

But I love the song and I really hope it will continue to stay on top on US Billboard hot 100 chart for 17 weeks.

Nobody here doubt for a sec your blind Bieber fanboy. Been a while since i saw such close minded, blined person... seriously.

Any other song with 1bln views in 4 months = hit. Song with no Bieber with 1bln views = not a hit... LOLOLOLOLOL

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By apewar012467

I would think so, JB singing it might have increased it's popularity by a small margin but nothing too significant to say it would have drastically decreased the sales and hits. Although, to say the song is a worldwide hit is a bit too much. It might be reasonably well known now around the USA, but in lots of other places in the world most people probably have never even heard of it. The song itself will probably die out like most other songs within a margin of 1 month to 3 months. But we'll just have to wait and see.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts:

Would you agree that Despacito would never be #1 in US Billboard Hot 100 nor in UK OCC chart without the Justin Bieber remix?

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares though?

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts:

Would you agree that Despacito would never be #1 in US Billboard Hot 100 nor in UK OCC chart without the Justin Bieber remix?

But this was not the topic of this post, now was it...

Would Depacito still be a Worldwide hit

This is the topic. How is it that you do not undertand the topic that you created?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:

@ad-arts:

This is the topic. How is it that you do not undertand the topic that you created?

Being a hit only in spanish speaking countries is not a worldwide hit

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was already a meme in Spanish speaking countries. Then again that's because it's a carbon copy of other popular Latin American songs from the past few years, except with two bigger stars than most now.

As for if it would have been a worldwide hit? I have no idea. Maybe.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the song. Feels or Wild thoughts will replace it. The thought of this replacing Mariah Carey record is awful.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes it would be. Justin Bieber tried to remix it because it was already a worldwide song.

Justin Bieber as always however ruined it because he's a crap singer.

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ad-arts

@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:

@ad-arts:

And what part of:

Whatever hits a billion views in couple months on youtube IS a worldwide hit you don't understand? In all youtube history there has only been one other songs that hit 1 billion that fast, just one.

Seriously, am i not saying it right so it is difficult to understand or something?

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:

BTW, just hit 3 billion views. First youtube video to ever reach 3 billion. But i guess, still not a hit by your standards...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@jhazzroucher:

BTW, just hit 3 billion views. First youtube video to ever reach 3 billion. But i guess, still not a hit by your standards...

@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:
@jhazzroucher said:

@ad-arts:

And what part of:

Whatever hits a billion views in couple months on youtube IS a worldwide hit you don't understand? In all youtube history there has only been one other songs that hit 1 billion that fast, just one.

Seriously, am i not saying it right so it is difficult to understand or something?

Most people were introduced by the Justin Bieber version and because the Justin Bieber remix video is just a still picture video, they will check out the Despacito official music video/

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

No. That is the only reason it's on the pop radio stations in the first place.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ad-arts said:

@jhazzroucher:

Despacito Justin Remix version #1 again in the US BillBoard Hot 100 for the 12th weeek.

Link: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7882451/despacito-ties-longest-leading-hot-100-no-1-of-2017

quoting...

"Despacito" dominates the Digital Song Sales chart for a record-tying 13th week, with 102,000 downloads sold (down 13 percent) in the week ending July 27, according to Nielsen Music; the remix with Bieber accounts for 77 percent of the song's sales for a third consecutive week (in line with its breakdown in prior weeks). "Despacito" equals the 13-week Digital Song Sales reigns of The Chainsmokers' "Closer," featuring Halsey (2016); "Uptown Funk!" (2015); and FloRida's "Low," featuring T-Pain (2007-08).

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Thekillerklok

The original song was crap, and the lazy remix made it worse.

Loading Video...

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ad-arts

@jhazzroucher said:
@ad-arts said:

@jhazzroucher:

Despacito Justin Remix version #1 again in the US BillBoard Hot 100 for the 12th weeek.

Link: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7882451/despacito-ties-longest-leading-hot-100-no-1-of-2017

quoting...

"Despacito" dominates the Digital Song Sales chart for a record-tying 13th week, with 102,000 downloads sold (down 13 percent) in the week ending July 27, according to Nielsen Music; the remix with Bieber accounts for 77 percent of the song's sales for a third consecutive week (in line with its breakdown in prior weeks). "Despacito" equals the 13-week Digital Song Sales reigns of The Chainsmokers' "Closer," featuring Halsey (2016); "Uptown Funk!" (2015); and FloRida's "Low," featuring T-Pain (2007-08).

I feel like i am talking to a wall here... seriously. I am out, tired of blinded fanboys.

I guess since remix sells better than original, remix is a hit, original one is not. Hell, it does not matter that it hit 1 billion views, before bieber decided to get on board on already sucessful song.. Also all worse selling songs are not a hit, unless they sell at least as much as bieber remix... Jeezzz

I have never experienced such amout bieber hit on this site...

Yes, he took unknown song and made it a hit, the hell with the fact that it was already one of the most vieved videos in youtube history. Untill bieber features in a song, they are all noname and garbage... ther is only one way, bieber way! If you want your song to be a hit, go with bieber. If yolur song reaches 100 bln views, does not matter, no bieber in it, not a hit.

BTW. Bieber remix sold in less then 2 mln copies... Original one was viewed on youtube almost 2000 times more... And +500 times more before bieber remixed it... Seriously, math is too difficult?

Most people were introduced by the Justin Bieber version and because the Justin Bieber remix video is just a still picture video, they will check out the Despacito official music video

Sure it is the only reason, for each bieber fanboy for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've somehow managed to not listen to even a second of this song yet. I'm so happy and would like to keep it that way. That's like a milestone these days. Since all these pop songs are everywhere.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've somehow managed to not listen to even a second of this song yet. I'm so happy and would like to keep it that way. That's like a milestone these days. Since all these pop songs are everywhere.

Win

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despacito was already a sensation before the Beiber laid his claws on it. Its the whole reason he did the colab in the first place, but ignorant people who have no clue of who Daddy Yankee and Luis Fonsi are as artists just give Justin the credit for the BS version he did that he cant even sing live.

Daddy Yankee and Fonsi were already world wide stars their union and the song's catchy chorus and rhythm made the song what it is.

Did Justin Beiber's involvement add a bit more exposure?

Maybe, but when Justin Beiber's version came out the song had already made it to S. Korea in the original version.

How is that Beiber's doing? Its not.

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gbandit said:

Despacito was already a sensation before the Beiber laid his claws on it. Its the whole reason he did the colab in the first place, but ignorant people who have no clue of who Daddy Yankee and Luis Fonsi are as artists just give Justin the credit for the BS version he did that he cant even sing live.

Daddy Yankee and Fonsi were already world wide stars their union and the song's catchy chorus and rhythm made the song what it is.

Did Justin Beiber's involvement add a bit more exposure?

Maybe, but when Justin Beiber's version came out the song had already made it to S. Korea in the original version.

How is that Beiber's doing? Its not.

World wide stars? I didn't even know them. BUt if you're talking about world wide stars, Justin is definitely way way way way way way bigger than them.

Definitely. Without the Justin remix, it would have never become #1 in the USA nor UK.