Would any movie director dare make a scene like this but involving Mike Tyson instead of Bruce Lee?

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would any movie director dare make a scene like this but involving Mike Tyson instead of Bruce Lee? (15 votes)

Yes and that movie director's name is (insert name) 40%
No. Not while Mike Tyson is still alive to defend himself 60%

^ Basically this scene but an actor portraying Mike Tyson instead of portraying Bruce Lee ^

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I freakin’ hated this scene

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That scene was disgraceful filth.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SixPathsOfCapra

No. If that scene was made by someone else it would have made huge controversy. But Tarantino can get away with shit like this due to his severe autism. The media won't bash him because of that

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4 Zetsu-San  Online

I haven't seen this movie yet and don't know the context, but I do think it's worth pointing out that the audience mysteriously vanished into thin air the moment Bruce Lee got tossed into the car. Could be some unreliable narrator implication there.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disrespectful, tsk tsk tsk

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Isshiki

Incredible and true to reality.. Know your place Bruce Lee, you wanked cuck.

Avatar image for amnotcharizard2
amnotcharizard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a disgrace, this is a fookin' disgrace.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8 frozen  Moderator

Incredible and true to reality.. Know your place Bruce Lee, you wanked cuck.

It wasn't true to reality at all. Bruce Lee is explicitly on record for having said that Muhammad Ali would destroy him in a fight.

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Isshiki

@frozen:

He really said that? Well, it doesn't really matter cause everytime I see someone mentioning this guy, it is always that he is this strong and that. I just got fed up of it because it literally happened every time.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frozen  Moderator

@frozen:

He really said that? Well, it doesn't really matter cause everytime I see someone mentioning this guy, it is always that he is this strong and that. I just got fed up of it because it literally happened every time.

Yes, he admitted it in a TV interview. He definitely wasn't arrogant.

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably lol. Also Tyson wouldn't care if they did - he's pretty chill with most things.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson probly wouldnt care. Any dude who bites off a part of someones ear in a recorded fight doesnt seem like the type who would care how the media portrays him

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Alavanka

They already made that movie, and Mike Tyson was in it. Tyson's fine with it. It's a movie, and it makes him money. In real life, Brad Pitt vs Bruce Lee would be a closer fight than Mike Tyson vs Ip Man. The former would actually be competitive given the size difference. The latter would be a homicide. Out of these 4, only Tyson is a real fighter.

Loading Video...
hansonJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already made fun of him in scary movie 4.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zetsu-San  Online

@ob1toe said:

Tyson probly wouldnt care. Any dude who bites off a part of someones ear in a recorded fight doesnt seem like the type who would care how the media portrays him

Really? Cus I would assume the exact opposite. That sounds like ego and impulse control issues.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zetsu-San  Online
@alavanka said:

They already made that movie, and Mike Tyson was in it. Tyson's fine with it. It's a movie, and it makes him money. In real life, Brad Pitt vs Bruce Lee would be a closer fight than Mike Tyson vs Ip Man. The former would actually be competitive given the size difference. The latter would be a homicide. Out of these 4, only Tyson is a real fighter.

Loading Video...

I think trying to act like his portrayal in that scene is even remotely comparable to the Bruce Lee scene seems kind of disingenuous.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: I was trying to get at how he did something outrageous while fully knowing the fight would be recorded and widespread. Tyson in contrast To Bruce has had several actions that were controversial which means if he was used in a movie like this there would be little to no outrage. The problem with using Bruce Lee was that he had passed away and his depiction from what I've heard was not how he acted in real life

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zetsu-San  Online

@ob1toe:

I was trying to get at how he did something outrageous while fully knowing the fight would be recorded and widespread.

Exactly, that sounds like poor impulse control and anger issues. I don't think someone like that would be very happy if portrayed poorly in fiction.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

May I ask the context please?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was supposed to be an alternate universe wasn't it?

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:

Loading Video...

I think trying to act like his portrayal in that scene is even remotely comparable to the Bruce Lee scene seems kind of disingenuous.

How? The scene literally tries to sell us that Ip Man could have kicked Mike Tyson in the nuts.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f3a8e120119
deactivated-62f3a8e120119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao Lee’s daughter was real pissed about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:
@zetsu-san said:
@alavanka said:

Loading Video...

How? The scene literally tries to sell us that Ip Man could have kicked Mike Tyson in the nuts.

They buffed IP man in the films way more than he was irl, Mike Tyson wasnt playing himself in the film lmfao, unless he changed his life career, name and was alive during the 60s-70s.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leem724 said:

Probably lol. Also Tyson wouldn't care if they did - he's pretty chill with most things.

No Caption Provided

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tarantino is mostly a rip-off merchant and a shock jock but he also is a casting couch degenerate and very close with Harvey Jabba-the-Hutt Weinstein

Two weird redneck dudes in a basement trying to rape Ving Rhames as Marsellus Wallace and rape Boxer Butch played by Bruce Willis... do you think these hollyweird people seen some weirdshit with royalty and strange parties in their time

...or did they just pull these ideas out of thin air?

Loading Video...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 frozen  Moderator

@akztemp said:
@leem724 said:

No Caption Provided

I'm pretty sure this was an inside joke between Tyson and that guy.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zetsu-San  Online

@alavanka said:

Because unlike the Bruce Lee scene, where he's presented as cocky/arrogant and all talk, Tyson's character was portrayed as an actually dangerous villain and physical powerhouse who was going toe to toe with Ip Man throughout the fight.

Again, it's incredibly disingenuous that you would act like the portrayal here is even remotely comparable to the Bruce Lee scene.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ob1toe:

I was trying to get at how he did something outrageous while fully knowing the fight would be recorded and widespread.

Exactly, that sounds like poor impulse control and anger issues. I don't think someone like that would be very happy if portrayed poorly in fiction.

If i remember correctly Tyson said he felt like he was fighting for his life. Meaning it was instinct and not a tactical decision.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimensionpopup: All I can say is at least the creep that is Roman polanski didnt have a big role in this movie. That's one thing Tarintino did right

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if anything Brett Ratner, Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker should be called out for being douche bags

No Caption Provided

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the class?

Loading Video...

spits his bio-virus on people