With Joe Biden as president, will the USA be in good hands?

• 147 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll With Joe Biden as president, will the USA be in good hands? (98 votes)

Yes 45%
No 55%
 • 
Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, Can't we have one day without a Trump / Biden feud!!

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be in China's hands

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RedHood_JayTodd

Yes we’ll, compared to the last four at least. How good those hands are, we’ll find out soon enough. Maybe I’m just being overly optimistic but who knows. Biden may actually surprise many.

Give Biden a chance.

Avatar image for teaganwallis193
teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kamila for president!

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if it will be better or worse than the last four

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not, but we haven't been in good hands for decades now so whatever I guess

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Mr. Mercury

I really wish we (Americans) would step out the two-party system binary and realize that America is an empire that will make SURE it functions properly to benefit the elite Blue or Red, Dem or Republican. Democarats are Neoliberal centrist that will still bomb and raze the global south w/ an LGBT & Black Lives Matter Sticker on it. A lot of it just performance to make the us docile, kick our feet up and let the President & Congress handle it. Trump wasn't the beginning nor end to the horror of this country. That started in 1776. The majority (Us Everyday Americans) are collateral damage. The Rich got richer during the Pandemic and the average person got a 1200 (per person)stimulus check, if that.

And exactly WHOM is it working for?

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Biden I don’t think he’ll say things in the spur of the moment like Trump. I could call it a con, but it could be a pro for him as he wouldn’t say something he didn’t mean to say.

Biden’s attitude is better than Trump’s, but he seemed pretty weak through his campaign.

I don’t think he’s gonna shift us into horrible territory. I think he’ll ignore some things that we need fixed in this country and “fix” things not broken. Kamala will be the main problem imo. Her attitude and history is horrible.

I’ll give him a shot, and again I don’t think he’ll do extremely bad, but when the country starts to decline, don’t blame Trump

AreneaCaulem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean hell you might be surprised, I though trump was gonna be crap but he did alright. do I feel bad for trump though, no. he constantly antagonized liberals so he kind of had it coming, he said he loved the American people then said he hated liberals. which is pretty much half of America, so he loved half of America. as for Biden doing good only time will be able to tell, but TBH I don't like him either. Can't prejudge.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No the sun will go black, the earth will sink into the sea, the stars will disappear, fire and water will meet, flames will play against the sky. THE HEAVENS AND EARTH AND ALL THE WORLD WILL BE BURNED, ALL THE GODS WILL BE DEAD AND THE WARRIORS OF VALHALLA AND PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't be worse than Trump, the guy acted like a child most of the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s actually funny how some Americans hope their president fails because he’s not in their party lol. If Hor Fails we fail. Hope for the best people. That’s what people had to do when Trump was in office and that’s what needs to happen now.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By infantfinite128

No. He supports the genocide of children.

There's been 60 million children slaughtered in this country. Babies get their heads stabbed in abortion. They get shredded and sucked up in vacuums.

Please watch. It's less then a minute. Please.

Loading Video...

I voted for Trump because he's the most pro-life president. It's not because I belong to a party.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He supports the genocide of children.

There's been 60 million children slaughtered in this country. Babies get their heads stabbed in abortion. They get shredded and sucked up in vacuums.

Please watch. It's less then a minute. Please.

Loading Video...

I voted for Trump because he's the most pro-life president. It's not because I belong to a party.

No Caption Provided

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully.

GrayWolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GrayWolf2

A racist warmongerer with more blood on his hands than pretty much any other politician and possible dementia will soon have access to the launch codes. We'll be fine

RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A racist warmongerer with more blood on his hands than pretty much any other politician and possible dementia will soon have access to the launch codes. We'll be fine

Lol

Decaffeinated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping he does well as an American it would be pretty dumb of me to hope otherwise.

I'm a little worried about his outlook on immigration both he and Trump had extreme views on Immigration just opposite directions.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FakE NeWs!

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very simple answer, No.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be pretty meh. But still, that's better than trump.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bigger hands.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're bot very mediocre candidates. IDK I feel like Biden will be alright, just like Trump was.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

62% votes no ? Lol we must got some Florida trump trolls on here tonight boys

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y’all need to be more optimistic.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fraud. Voter fraud.

Also. Media doesn’t decide who the president is.

Joe Biden is a criminal.

OrAnGe MaN BaD.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Maggie brown with the one and a half brain cell count.

Broken clocks can be right twice a day. We must also deal with Genocide of billions and trillions of babies by wanking

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@statictaco said:

@tobeymaguire84: Maggie brown with the one and a half brain cell count.

Broken clocks can be right twice a day. We must also deal with Genocide of billions and trillions of babies by wanking

Well, it only takes one good swimmer to conceive a child so technically that's just one baby per w@nk. lol

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biden should be sent to jail with his masters Xi Ching Chong and Obama McUseless.

Trump all the way.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biden should be sent to jail with his masters Xi Ching Chong and Obama McUseless.

Trump all the way.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump all the way.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Biden is like every other president in that he has flaws, so no one is expecting perfection.

He will be less hampered than Trump by the need to maintain business interests that rely on foreign interests. For example, Biden won't be personally profiting from foreign dignitaries attempting to woo his interest by paying lavishly for rooms in hotels he owns. Biden won't be asking American diplomats, dignitaries, and military personnel to go out of their way to stay at Scottish golf resorts he owns, so American tax dollars can go into his pocket.

While Biden, like any politician, thinks well of himself, he isn't crippled by the overbearing egomania that Trump suffers from. This means that a President Biden will be more open to taking advice from experts in all fields, instead of surrounding himself with sycophantic yes-men that he saw on Fox News.

A President Biden isn't committed to lying about Covid-19, so he will be able to take it seriously like almost every other nation on the planet. Biden will certainly have missteps as her garners America's defenses against the pandemic, but at least he will come to the game. Trump's ever-shifting goal posts regarding Coronavirus meant he was denying truths about it more often than not. A leader cannot defend the American people from a threat he lies about and pretends is gone.

Biden has his faults, but he isn't stupid enough to keep a racist xenophobe like Stephen Miller close at his side to give him endlessly bad advice. Without the whispers of Stephen Miller, Biden is highly unlikely to take hundreds of children from their families without caring enough to ever plan on how to get them back together. That is a uniquely Trumpian travesty.

I don't think Joe Biden will do a perfect job, but he will be an enormous improvement is he is moderately decent and moderately competent. Donald Trump showed us that he could not be so.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Life begins at conception. The tweet is absurd. Abortion is murder.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: Life begins at conception. The tweet is absurd. Abortion is murder.

Government dictated by religious beliefs and assuming control over women's bodies isn't America.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyz256 said:

Government dictated by religious beliefs and assuming control over women's bodies isn't America.

Neither is killing babies

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, we are clearly not going to agree on that point, but that isn't supposed to be the topic of this particular thread.

Most of America prefers abortion be allowed to remain legal. So do I. Joe Biden isn't planning on pushing against that.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened:

In that case, you should be pro-choice, since studies seem to indicate that abortion rates are reduced with legalisation.

https://www.scidev.net/global/health/news/abortion-rates-highest-where-legally-restricted-study.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/17/509734620/u-s-abortion-rate-falls-to-lowest-level-since-roe-v-wade

AreneaCaulem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened:

In that case, you should be pro-choice, since studies seem to indicate that abortion rates are reduced with legalisation.

https://www.scidev.net/global/health/news/abortion-rates-highest-where-legally-restricted-study.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/17/509734620/u-s-abortion-rate-falls-to-lowest-level-since-roe-v-wade

i dont get how people think banning abortions is going to stop them for happening. think of it as the 2nd amendment, banning abortions is not going to stop abortions from happening

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Life begins in Sperm which must be protected.

ISpyOnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not until Moscow Mitch is ousted

ISpyOnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump all the way.

Trump goes to prison before those names you mentioned.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dshipp17

So far, I'm liking Biden's Economic Transitions team and the implied plans towards it. Progressives praise Biden's picks for economic transition team

I still think of my post #15 from the thread labeled as “Donald Trump Or Barack Obama (Who's 1st Term Was Better)” that was bumped 4-5 days ago (this is another opportunity to set things right, I believe):

Obama took the economic crisis and essentially did what Bush would have done or what McCain would have done: took government funding and tossed it to Wall Street and the rich and powerful; however, it was Bush who introduced the unemployment benefit extensions, where it appeared that McCain was determined to end them. Also, Obama had both houses of congress to get good done for the non-whites who had so much expectations in him. Instead of tossing money to the rich and powerful, Obama could have taken an alternative approach to stimulating the economy by giving large checks to people below a certain income level (e.g. obviously, no income, into all incomes below about $21,000 per year). While it would have initially been disastrous for Wall Street, eventually, it would have turbo charged the economy.

Aside from that, Obama could have took stimulus money and started programs for starting small businesses through grants and loans, similarly, for people below a certain income level (e.g. in this case, for people with no income to people with incomes below about $52,000); naturally this would have involved training and certification programs, as well.

Initially, these stimulus checks and efforts would have worked very well with the unemployment benefits going to the long term unemployed, which reminds me of Obama's decision to withhold or cease giving out employment benefits to instead offer tax cuts to the rich and powerful; then, in May 2010, which I remember very vividly, we were referred to as the 99ers.

Obama also should have pushed forward civil rights legislation, as well as workers rights legislation, starting by overhauling the laws devoted to protecting workers or employees based on countering years of court decisions that were designed to make it extremely difficult to both raise and sustain claims against employers, as well as wining cases when the legal issue of retaliation is so apparent and blatant; the legislation should have been designed to provide far more realistic protections and recourse for job applicants. And, of course, increasing the number of judges who are democratic and the number of judges to reduce the congestion in the legal and administrative systems to help see these programs realized.

All of these converging factors came together to produce this miracle for the voters that tossed their hopes into Obama only to see him do essentially what McCain would likely have done. Now, these issues have suffered a massive setback and none of the current candidates are even pretending to even be aware of them; these are tangible issues for the voters who always shed their hopes into a democratic presidential candidate to only see them never spoken of again, once the election is over; other than those intangible issues, there's really not much separation between the two parties outside these issues; in order to improve poverty and the economics of people who vote for a democratic candidate, these tangible issues must be placed at the forefront; as this type of economic disaster only comes every so often and are so rare, Obama squandered a perfect convergence of developments which could have helped the poor tremendously in the United States. Other than being the first African American president who has a gift with wooing people with charms and good looks, this is Obama's legacy in my mind: a blown miracle that may never resurface to help the poor in the United States again. Without these issues being addressed, there's really not much difference in a president between the two parties.

From the perspective of a republican, Trump has trumped his presidency: he's fast tracked many judges into the court system to all but cement a certain economic environment counter to the poor which got blown by Obama.

I remember exactly that moment when the impoverished were expecting a check to be issued to them and Obama deliberately seeing that opportunity and deciding to disappoint; this is one of my gifts and it was as clear as day as soon as it happened. Obama did some good things for the judicial and administrative system to buffer some of the impact against workers from the Bush administration, but that perfect opportunity provided so much more.

I just have to call it like experience has taught me, where I was tossed into the judicial system as an employee fighting for his rights and finding out that the rights that I thought were available just weren't really there, largely thanks to court decisions in critical areas that are likely what an employees attorney is likely to face: thus, updating the employee rights legislation should have been geared toward removing those challenges; and, yes, the Title VII legislation needs to add a new protective class for discrimination based on looks and perceived disability; these basically should have been the protected classes to begin with and Title VII litigation would be so less toxic and endear much less opposition; while it is race and ethnicity, the root is clearly a form of discrimination based on looks; I realize this equality act being moved around, where I've previously said the Act should make looks a new protective class, but it needs a massive amount of additional overhauling from the perspective of a plaintiff in order to offset those common hurdles that don't belong there; thus, clearly, political candidates could be aware, the question is why aren't they considering these issues?

But, baring another miracle, this opportunity for the poor and employees was blown. This is a description of what people are trying to figure out that there seems to not be something quite right about Obama or have that thought, it feels like something was missing; it was a blown opportunity, it just had to be described; thus, I'm the bad guy in order to be the good guy, where you'd be happier if you felt the affects, as I described it: democrats may see it as bashing Obama and republicans may hate it because its just true, where I'm speaking on behalf of the poor and the employees to people like business owners and bosses and supervisors and even judges, in many cases, from the republican perspective.

A little do over of Joseph's 7 years of plenty.

Avatar image for teaganwallis193
teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatutzeraze said:
@johnnyz256 said:

Neither is killing babies

Christians only care about people up until the moment of their birth. Once they're out of the womb, fuck 'em.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ispyonyou: Go back to China, you don’t deserve to live in the US.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To those who deny President Trump and his excellency’s solid triumph in the recent election, I have only one word for you, and it is “TRAITORS”.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump won the election, hands down.