Will Smith just struck Chris Rock at the Oscars for poking fun at his wife.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Finally, the Oscars is worth watching again.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL that was awkward as hell

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Chris bout to take a trip to meme city.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6: Honestly, this shit means nothing compared to the numerous abuses that happen behind the scenes in Hollywood.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncalled for tbh. Will needs to settle down with his undeniable loyalty to Jada.

How you gon laugh at the same joke you gonna get up and smack the comedian for? Will lost my respect.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Uncalled for tbh. Will needs to settle down with his undeniable loyalty to Jada.

How you gon laugh at the same joke you gonna get up and smack the comedian for? Will lost my respect.

This.

It was just a joke, maybe an unnecesary joke, but a joke nonetheless.

Avatar image for deactivated-62428c0ad452b
deactivated-62428c0ad452b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Chris took it like a champ.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@thor-parker: @monsterstomp: Agreed. While I would not appreciate a joke about my wife, I would not strike a person either, not in private and certainly not on tv.

This is more embarrassing for Will Smith than Chris Rock.

Avatar image for raysh_al_shaytan
Raysh_Al_Shaytan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant accuse the Oscars of being too white now huh. Black on black crime live and in living color for that ass. Cringe AF

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McFlicky

That's pretty cool. This is the one time I regret not watching the oscars

absolutespirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was convinced it was staged until I watched an uncensored version that had Will Smith dropping F bombs.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Will Simp

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghostodoofus2
Supermod111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the raw video of the slap for those who haven't yet seen it.

Loading Video...

absolutespirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absolutespirit: He was overdramatic, more so than his movie characters.

I agree.

Leaving the ceremony unannounced would have been a much better move.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cosmic_reign  Online

Lol....

Certain things you just don't joke about!

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign: There are things that don't warrant physical attacks either.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought this was Planned. The thing is something like this needed to happen because the Oscars really has been dwindling in viewership and buzz. At least now people are talking about the Show.

LOL

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I still think it was staged.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Talk shit get hit.

Rule of the streets, this thread too white for me.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ghostodoofus2
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

This.

It was just a joke, maybe an unnecesary joke, but a joke nonetheless.

Will must've been that kid in school that was too cool to roast so no one did and would also dish it out. Then the moment he gets roasted he starts throwing punches.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol....

Bro, the joke was so miniscule everyone would have forgotten it 20 seconds later. Will's actions, however, just solidified the roast into the history books lol.

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They need to do something to boost the ratings, if you're not aware the Oscars has been on the nose dive these past few years, this "incident" would definitely start a buzz lol

KaiserRebellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cosmic_reign  Online
@monsterstomp said:
@cosmic_reign said:

Lol....

Bro, the joke was so miniscule everyone would have forgotten it 20 seconds later. Will's actions, however, just solidified the roast into the history books lol.

Not condoning Wills reactions, but Jada has a health condition that causes hair loss. He wasn't having someone joking bout that... Roast or not!

KaiserRebellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m just wondering why Will Shit ain’t out here slapping August for piping his wife.

Mans a whole ass cuck.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cosmic_reign  Online
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By dernman

It could be fake because Oscars are so desperate for attention because nobody cares about them anymore.

If real Will Smith just proved himself to be a soft little bitch. If you can't laugh at yourself and you're going to pop off when someone makes a joke then there is something wrong with you and you need help. Seek therapy or something.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign: Bro Will was laughing at the start. He only got up because Jada wanted him to do something.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cosmic_reign  Online

@cosmic_reign: Bro Will was laughing at the start. He only got up because Jada wanted him to do something.

I agree he didn't have to bitch slap Chris Rock whether Jada wanted him to or not.

TAME_WZRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why even bother defending your wife whos cheated on you lmao

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#36 frozen  Moderator

Will's marriage is open to anything except jokes.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Ouch haha.

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KaiThighJu

I thought it was scripted at first... If they had more moments like that I would probably watch the oscars.

Also either Will Smith's strikes suck ass or Christ Rock is a durable fella because He was pretty much fine after that smacking

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought Will was joking till the second time he said “keep my wife name out your #@% mouth”

Had this been Eddie Murphy I think Eddie would’ve slapped him back 😭

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_wspanialy  Online

@dernman said:

It could be fake because Oscars are so desperate for attention because nobody cares about them anymore.

If real Will Smith just proved himself to be a soft little bitch. If you can't laugh at yourself and you're going to pop off when someone makes a joke then there is something wrong with you and you need help. Seek therapy or something.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Btw. hasn't his precious wife publicly humiliated him in front of everyone to the point where he contemplated suicide or something?

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 socajunkie  Moderator

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was staged.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_stegman  Moderator

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was staged.

I really don't think it was staged 😬

Loading Video...

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alopecia is not that serious to me. We were all almost hairless as babies, it is funny when people make a big deal out of hair whereas it is just animal fur. Men can get bald, women can get bald, it is what it is. Look at Jada, getting so upset over hair loss lol. It was funny that Chris Rock made that joke because he was Marty the zebra in Madagascar and she was Gloria the hippo. Also, didn't she commit infidelity? Will just goes there, slaps Chris and then starts swearing in anger at him for no reason. If it was joe from down the block, the police would've been on him in an instant for slapping and he could have been charged with an offence lol. I think Will is a weird dude, I don't like him. He's the same guy that kept kissing his son in the mouth, I think people forget that. Will was laughing at the joke and then when he saw that his wife didn't think it was funny (and since she wears the pants in the relationship) he then changes his mind, marches down there and slaps Chris lol. I think Chris' joke was funny and it was fine for him to make that joke. Will Smith's speech after winning his Oscar was cringy, not even an apology to Chris, that shows what kind of person he is. Although it could all be staged, as socajunkie above has said, since Hollyweird is Hollyweird. But from what I've seen it loooked real to me, I don't know what there would be to gain from staging something like this. The Oscars have been rubbish for some years now. Hope Jada wins the Oscar next year for G.I. Jane 2.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_stegman  Moderator

Anyways. After watching interviews from Jada about how terrified she was after getting alopecia, I probably would have been pissed at Chris too for making such a joke ok national television. Kinda crossed a line.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: How can any normal person get terrified of alopecia? Terrified is a strong word, plus her cheating on Will with another person says a lot about her and their relationship. I don't think that joke crossed a line at all. Comedians have crossed lines for centuries, and this joke was fine. If Chris had joked about Nazis killing Jews or Colonialists killing Native Americans or something like that, then yes in my opinion a line has been crossed there because those jokes are truly offensive and hurtful to people. But a joke about alopecia? She should have been terrified about cheating with another person behind Will's back, not terrified about hair loss, that's her problem, and she seems like a bitch anyway. I think I know many more respectable women than her. The only role that I liked her in was when she played Gloria the hippo in Madagascar. Ordinary people deal with alopecia fine, she seems like a person with normal IQ and she has normal EQ so she should realize how much of a non-issue hair loss is. Only people with serious issues would be devastated by hair loss.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@frozen said:

I was gonna comment, but there’s nothing more to be said in this thread.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soft. So soft. Both Will & Jada. Handle that shit behind close doors. Most men in my family become bald by age 40, but it's a problem here because Jada is a successful woman. Be real here lol. Not to mention Alopecia is not serious, or at least, not serious enough to not make a GI Jane joke.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it was staged. The Oscars might do a lot of crazy things for ratings and attention, but engineering assault on live television is too far, even they wouldn't stoop that low, and I doubt Smith or Rock would agree to such a stunt. Any celebrity with honour and dignity wouldn't dare participate in something like that. Although they're secretly loving the attention this has brought them. The last big incident at the Oscars to my knowledge was the whole Moonlight/La La Land Best Picture mix up which was 5 years ago. Nothing major has happened since then unless I'm forgetting something. And at the end of the day it isn't the Oscars without some drama.

As for the incident itself, both were in the wrong. Rock shouldn't have made that joke considering him and Jada aren't friends atm. He made jokes about her and Will back when he was hosting the 2016 Oscars. There's a time and place and last night's Oscars wasn't it. He should've known it wasn't gonna go down well with either of them. But Will should've kept his cool, be the bigger person and dealt with it privately. Assaulting him on national television was not a smart thing to do. This pretty much overshadowed his own Best Actor Oscar win.

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris rock was gonna unleash so many jokes, good on him for not saying anything.

Maybe Will should have slapped august like that. He made a haircut joke but everybody is upset about that? These are the same people making fun of lebron for balding. Some insane stuff. Shouldn't have said that of course but it was not warrant a slap lmfaooo