Will GTAIV live up to the hype?

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jax

I've heard it will be the best game of this year. Any thoughts?

Avatar image for william_darkstone
William Darkstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By William Darkstone

Gambler says:

"I had a station 3 but someone stole it."

Oh snap!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

They always live up to the hype in my book. I had a station 3 but someone stole it. I wont buy another one until GTAIV is out.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"They always live up to the hype in my book. I had a station 3 but someone stole it. I wont buy another one until GTAIV is out."

Ouch. But, yeah. GTA IV will live up to the hype. It has been doing that since GTA III first came out. I want GTA IV, but Ninja Gaiden II comes out on the same day, I think. I may end getting both of them at once.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like playing Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas with Action Replay.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn

Gambler says:

"They always live up to the hype in my book. I had a station 3 but someone stole it. I wont buy another one until GTAIV is out."

Cot Damn !

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jax

What do ya'll think about Game of the year for GTAIV? Sorry about your PS3 Gambler.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambler says:

How on earth did that happen?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Nighthunter

Jax says:

"I've heard it will be the best game of this year. Any thoughts?"

hardly the best game of the year

there will be at least two betters

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

Colt Python says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Jax says:
hardly the best game of the year there will be at least two betters"

Yea but it's GTAIV.Halo 3 was nowhere near as good as the first 2 (not that I liked any of them) but it did record sales and was surrounded by a ton of hype."

Actually I liked Halo 3 more than the other two lol

I was talking about Smash Bros Brawl and MGS4

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nighthunter

Colt Python says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Jax says:
Yea but it's GTAIV.Halo 3 was nowhere near as good as the first 2 (not that I liked any of them) but it did record sales and was surrounded by a ton of hype."
Actually I liked Halo 3 more than the other two lol I was talking about Smash Bros Brawl and MGS4"

Everyone is talking about those 2 games but those games will probably do nothing for their consoles.Halo raised console sales.Not saying they won't bee good or anything though because MGS4 looks amazing."

well smash bros is a very known and popular franchise. He also got 40/40 by Famitsu

and Famitsu is the most respected gaming publication in Japan, and have only given out a few perfect scores ever. This is the seventh since 1986.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jax

Nighthunter says:

"Colt Python says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Jax says:
Actually I liked Halo 3 more than the other two lol I was talking about Smash Bros Brawl and MGS4"
Everyone is talking about those 2 games but those games will probably do nothing for their consoles.Halo raised console sales.Not saying they won't bee good or anything though because MGS4 looks amazing."
well smash bros is a very known and popular franchise. He also got 40/40 by Famitsu and Famitsu is the most respected gaming publication in Japan, and have only given out a few perfect scores ever. This is the seventh since 1986."

Isn't Smash Bros boring unless you have someone else playing with you. I've only played Super smash bros for the n64 and I loved it. I've played a few others and they were good to.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Sparda

Their definitely more fun with more people. Like Halo, I guess.

But seriously, back on the topic of GTAIV.....

I kinda think that it's impossible to live up to the huge amount of hype that the series has generated, but apparently, it's done it before......so......yeah.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nighthunter

Jax says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Colt Python says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Jax says:
well smash bros is a very known and popular franchise. He also got 40/40 by Famitsu and Famitsu is the most respected gaming publication in Japan, and have only given out a few perfect scores ever. This is the seventh since 1986."

Isn't Smash Bros boring unless you have someone else playing with you. I've only played Super smash bros for the n64 and I loved it. I've played a few others and they were good to."

well like Sparda said it's more fun to play it with friends, but it is also fun to play it alone

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Halo 3 was nowhere near as good as the first 2 (notthat I liked any of them) but it did record sales and was surrounded by a ton of hype."

I honestly think that Halo 3 lived up to it's hype, and was the best

game in the series. It started right and ended right. I can't even go

back to the first two games. No game gets above average ratings for

nothing.

Post Edited:2008-01-27 20:17:28

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:
"Halo 3 was nowhere near as good as the first 2 (notthat I liked any of them) but it did record sales and was surrounded by a ton of hype."

I honestly think that Halo 3 lived up to it's hype, and was the best

game in the series. It started right and ended right. I can't even go

back to the first two games. No game gets above average ratings for

nothing.

Post Edited:2008-01-27 20:17:28"

agreed

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Ms. Invisible

The reason why there's so much hype around GTA IV is because GTA III and the whole series delivered what it said it would give and I have to say I enjoyed all of them so far. I'm definitely getting GTA IV... when it comes out on PC. Grrrr, get released on PC already!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock

Ms. Invisible says:

"The reason why there's so much hype around GTA IV is because GTA IIIand the whole series delivered what it said it would give and I have tosay I enjoyed all of them so far. I'm definitely getting GTA IV... whenit comes out on PC. Grrrr, get released on PC already!"

You should get an Xbox 360, babe. Ditch the PC. :P

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Static Shock says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
"The reason why there's so much hype around GTA IV is because GTA IIIand the whole series delivered what it said it would give and I have tosay I enjoyed all of them so far. I'm definitely getting GTA IV... whenit comes out on PC. Grrrr, get released on PC already!"

You should get an Xbox 360, babe. Ditch the PC. :P"

Oh God, no way.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock

Ms. Invisible says:

"Oh God, no way."

You like spending several hundred dollars a year to upgrade your computer just to play one game? :)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maybe she's rich?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Andferne

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne

Last one I promise :)

That's just some of the cool things available for the pc and not game systems.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Static Shock says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
"Oh God, no way."

You like spending several hundred dollars a year to upgrade your computer just to play one game? :)"

You do realise that with the money I'd be spending on buying a console, I could easily use that money to upgrade my computer (which already outperforms any console). It's a common myth that PCs need constant upgrades... but that's not true at all. Most PCs can go 3 to 4 years before a serious upgrade. I've even pushed it to five years once.

And thank you Andferne for those enlightening videos.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nighthunter says:

"MGS4"

DAMN STRAIT! LETS GO MG LETS GO!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"Maybe she's rich?"

Shrugs Maybe. Maybe not.

Ms. Invisible says:

You do realise that with the money I'd be spending on buying a console, I could easily use that money to upgrade my computer (which already outperforms any console).

There's one problem. That several hundred dollars being spent on the console would be a one-time deal. The only thing you'd spend money on is the games. LOL. I do agree with computers outperforming consoles. That new shooting game, Crysis, is currently pusing computers to the limit in performance. Very many people don't have the game because it requires too much to play it. The game is being released for the PS3 later on, but not for the Xbox 360, simply because 360's processor can't handle it. I find that very disappointing.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Static Shock says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
You do realise that with the money I'd be spending on buying a console, I could easily use that money to upgrade my computer (which already outperforms any console).

There's one problem. That several hundred dollars being spent on the console would be a one-time deal. The only thing you'd spend money on is the games. LOL. I do agree with computers outperforming consoles. That new shooting game, Crysis, is currently pusing computers to the limit in performance. Very many people don't have the game because it requires too much to play it. The game is being released for the PS3 later on, but not for the Xbox 360, simply because 360's processor can't handle it. I find that very disappointing. "

I find it strange that it won't be released on the 360; are you sure? I read it was being released on the 360. I don't think it's a matter of performance, but a matter of money for Sony. The whole thing about games being exclusive on a certain console is just greedy from Microsoft and Sony and it just annoys me because it proves that PC, which are the machines that brought gaming into the spotlight are now being, shall I say, "used" just for some extra moolah. If you type "crysis 900 dollar pc" into Google, you will see a plethora of links where the developers of Crysis use a 900 dollar PC being used to play that game. I'm not sure how much consoles cost where you live, but in Australia, they're AUD699. So basically, it''s just 200 dollars more than what consoles are being priced. Crysis is certainly a new step in graphics for gaming, but it certainly doesn't require too much to play it, at least not on a PC.

Post Edited:2008-01-28 02:13:50

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock

Ms. Invisible says:

"I find it strange that it won't be released on the 360; are you sure? Iread it was being released on the 360. I don't think it's a matter ofperformance, but a matter of money for Sony. The whole thing aboutgames being exclusive on a certain console is just greedy fromMicrosoft and Sony and it just annoys me because it proves that PC,which are the machines that brought gaming into the spotlight are nowbeing, shall I say, "used" just for some extra moolah. If you type"crysis 900 dollar pc" into Google, you will see a plethora of linkswhere the developers of Crysis use a 900 dollar PC being used to playthat game. I'm not sure how much consoles cost where you live, but inAustralia, they're AUD699. So basically, it''s just 200 dollars morethan what consoles are being priced. Crysis is certainly a new step ingraphics for gaming, but it certainly doesn't require too much to playit, at least not on a PC.
Post Edited:2008-01-28 02:13:50"

From what I've heard and read on a bunch of sites, Crysis will not be released because the the 360's processor is not enough for it. I find it weird, simply because 360's graphics are generally better than PS3's. This is a fact, because it was proven on IGN, Gamespot, etc. by holding screenshots of Madden 07 from the 360 and the PS3 side-by-side. I also find it weird because it's publisher, Electronic Arts, known mostly for distributing multi-platform games. They aren't normally exclusive to one console. An Xbox 360 here is $300-400, I think. The PS3 is $500-600. Though, from what Crysis required to play, it seemed way to cutting-edge for a PC. I don't know anybody that has that game, but I can name tons of people that play WOW on their computer. Last I read, Crysis only sold 87,000 copies in November. Not even up to 100,000.

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By cpt_linger

Colt Python says:

"Gambler says:
Damn how does that happen."

yeah i'd have my ps3 on lockdown, red lasers n stuff around it super glued to the cabinet which is concreted into the ground. the wireless controllers on attacked to chains which are also concreted into the ground.

gtaIV will be awesome of course!

Jet Speeeeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jet Speeeeed

GTA4 is going to be a great game. But game of the year. NO WAY!

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gottheit

As long as I can get a Hockey Mask and a pink Mohawk and ride around on a Motorcycle listening to Ozzy and jumping off mountains and the like, I think the next GTA will be a success.

BTW, I see a lot of mods on the PC version of San Andreas. Is there one that lets you be Jason Voorhees, or any of the slashers?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn

GTAIV should live up to the hype. They always get better to me

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Andferne

Gottheit says:

"As long as I can get a Hockey Mask and a pink Mohawk and ride around on a Motorcycle listening to Ozzy and jumping off mountains and the like, I think the next GTA will be a success. BTW, I see a lot of mods on the PC version of San Andreas. Is there one that lets you be Jason Voorhees, or any of the slashers?"

I'm not sure. I would have to do some digging to find out what all mods are out there. I'm sure there CAN be one, but if someone has made one already idk. There was a Spider-man one as well, but I decided not to post that one like I did wih the Superman and Wolverine one.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gottheit

Yeah, I saw the Spider-Man, and let me ask this: Was he fat because that guy's Carl Johnson was fat(it's easy to let the guy go if you don't have time to hit the gym and drive everywhere.), or is that just the costume in general? Because, I have to say...WTF? And, the Wolvie one bugged me, just because of his claws. Yellow and Blue? Really? They couldn't make them grey or silver, or even black? Had to be yellow and blue? I dunno...

Ok. Fanboy rant over, normal Gottheit comming back. Sorry, everyone, that's a side of me I try not to let out too much...bad for the complexion. Anyway, y'know what'd be cooler then being Wolverine and Superman and Spider-Man in GTA? Seeing Doomsday, and Sabretooth, and Venom. That way, you could justify killing everyone in sight. With the superheroes, there would be no way I could let myself...

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Gottheit says:

"As long as I can get a Hockey Mask and a pink Mohawk..."

I don't believe in this game they won't allow the player to change hair styles, though I think they will with clothes.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gottheit

Really? If that's true, zero stars for this game.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Gottheit says:

"Really? If that's true, zero stars for this game."

Don't take my word for it though. I haven't been following updates for this game in a while now. I remember following the news religiously when first mentions of the game got printed in the news. The developers may have changed it for all I know.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gottheit

I truly hope they decide against that...