Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
#1 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (12013 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumblebee got a wide early release in theaters yesterday. My friends who saw it said on social media said the film was so good it is how the Tranformers films should've started and it got 100% on rotten tomatos. I know the Transformers films are criticized as being bad. Last year, I remember people thought Wonder Woman was going to be bad cause they thought the other DCEU films were bad but it got good reviews and everyone liked it in the end. It seems a similar thing is happening with Bumblebee while there's more signs of it being good since much of the public saw Bumblebee last night giving it good reviews.

No Caption Provided

#2 Edited by Morpheus_ (34637 posts) - - Show Bio

Removing Bay from the Transformers for the first time in 11 years resulted in a good film? Big surprise there.

#3 Posted by mrmonster (15923 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will. Critics and fans who have been to the early screenings have said that it's great.

Even if it's not a huge box office draw, which I unfortunately believe is going to be the case, the positive reception this gets could still be enough to take the franchise in a new, better direction.

#4 Posted by PayneInTheAss (11915 posts) - - Show Bio

Save from what? They always do big bucks

#5 Posted by Fabricolage (2016 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see the movie.

#6 Posted by KingLouie (3567 posts) - - Show Bio

Difference is, it won’t be boring.

#7 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5158 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass: previous one before Bumblebee grossed significantly less than its predecessors (as in, even less than the first movie from 2007) and caused any further sequels to be put on hold

#8 Posted by Lan_Fan (15977 posts) - - Show Bio

Legit, I thought the title said "What if a trans-woman played Wonder Woman to save DCEU".

Don't even ask why, I'm not even sure myself. I'm probably tired.

#9 Posted by Dernman (26092 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman didn't save the DCEU. One ok self contained film doesn't save a greater universe.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#10 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Wonder Woman didn't save the DCEU. One ok self contained film doesn't save a greater universe.

This.

#11 Posted by Rustlingjimmy (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

DC fanboys gonna jump you. Lol

#12 Posted by Lan_Fan (15977 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

This.

@dernman said:

DC fanboys gonna jump you. Lol

No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by ourmanuel (12283 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

This.

I literally entered this thread with the intention of making this same comment.

#14 Posted by xZone (10347 posts) - - Show Bio

@benjamin_poindexter said:
@dernman said:

This.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
#15 Posted by Geraldofvengerberg (651 posts) - - Show Bio

Will see the movie just to show middle finger to Micheal Bay

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#16 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4741 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

#17 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:
@ourmanuel said:
@benjamin_poindexter said:
@dernman said:

This.

wow the DCEU hate is real among the comic book purists. The overall quality of a cinematic universe is partially determined by their individual films' quality.

Do you really think that Justice League film will be still the same as before if Wonder Woman was received as badly as its past 3 DCEU films?

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (18763 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest the Transformers universe never needed saving, they were always making tons of money. People were compalining because of the quality of the movies but they still kept going to the cinema to see them. They serve their purpose - popcorn flicks that just kill time.

#19 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5158 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: again, the last movie practically killed the chance at further sequels. You can only make so many bad movies before it comes back to bite you in the ass, and that’s what happened with the last movie. The only thing that kept it afloat was how much money it was making worldwide (cause it was on a steady decline domestic wise with each movie after the 2nd one), and that eventually wore off

#20 Edited by Stahlflamme (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, did Wonder Woman save the DCEU? It was a good movie, but the DCEU is still a burning wreckage at this point in time.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#21 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22877 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Exactly. WW is overrated af.

And the DCEU didn't need saving at that point anyways.

#22 Edited by Alavanka (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman didn't save the DCEU. DCEU can only be saved when they remove all traces of Snyder. An argument can be made that Aquaman will save the DCEU, and Shazam if it's as good as Aquaman.

Transformers will only be saved if they make another season of Prime animated series. LA Movies are a dead cause. We need Optimus waving a big star saber around.

#23 Posted by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think WW saved DCEU. It was a brighter blip, but not enough. As shown by Justice League's box-office loss.

As for Bumble-Bee, I think it could be a soft reset of the Transformer's franchise. Especially if they want to go cinematic universe.

If I were to compare Bumble-Bee to a DCEU film, it'd either be Aquaman or Shazam. As both have the potential for a soft reset. Or at least a refocus away from Superman and Batman. Both of whom I felt were presented in ways that ruined Justice League.

#24 Posted by Michaelbn (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know how WW saved DCEU?? hell, how it was even a movie? Bay isn't there, so it's a good sign and it looks promising itself. I have hopes.

#25 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

Gross sales of Transformers movies have been huge so Bumblebee doesn't need to save.

#26 Posted by Magian (152057 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at Transformers needing to be saved. Most franchises would kill for their box office gross.

#27 Posted by Alavanka (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

Transformers movies should just be 3 solid hours of Optimus Prime ripping heads off other robots, and no humans.

#28 Posted by Trixie (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten tomatoes is exactly what their name is. You can't trust that site. And Transformers was dead after the first one like 15 years ago...

#29 Posted by awshucks (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the mediocrity that we're used to seeing from Transformers films will cause people to give this film more praise than it actually deserves, but as usual I hope that I'm wrong.

#30 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it, so I guess.

#31 Posted by FaradaySloth (10643 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao no.

#32 Posted by mrmonster (15923 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this movie is flopping right now, so I think it probably won't.

#33 Posted by Jexsu (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

The title question is very subjective, because everyone has their own opinions. I actually enjoyed every Transformer movie -- but I've yet to see Bumblebee, I'll wait till it's on dvd -- though I have no qualms about them, either.

#34 Edited by Amcu (17046 posts) - - Show Bio

No but it might be able to help propel a series of films that do better financially like Batman Begins.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#35 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17136 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stopped this film from making much more money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
#36 Posted by deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Transformers is doing well as a franchise, it's not a fair comparison.

#37 Posted by dngn4774 (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

The studio had horrible timing. It had to go up against Into the Spiderverse, Aquaman, and Mary Poppins. It also doesn't help that most people still assume Michael Bay is involved, since he is interwoven with all of the other Transformers movies.

#38 Posted by HeckBoy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumblebee had all the glorious cheese and heart that the cartoon/80's film had. It's what they should've done from the start, and if they don't reboot the series based off of it, than by Primus I am gonna track Bay down and personally flip his chair.