Why should we forget about slavery, but remember 9/11?

• 183 results
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I would imagine that it's a certain kind of people who say that. In the sense they are the ones who want to forget they can't discriminate at their leisure against a highly recognizable group of people, and instead want to continue to discriminate against another group of highly recognizable group of people.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By mimisalome

Should we forget slavery that happened along time ago and none of which concern us today?

Yes we shouldn't waste our time focusing on it when it doesn't apply to us anymore,

its time to move on specially when there are already insitutitonalized law and protection against those.

People who are using it to justify some kind of victimhood are only using it for poilitical gain.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Should we forget slavery cause about by modern geopolitical issues, like human trafficking, sex slavery, and child prostution associated with mass illegal migration?

No we shouldn't forget that thre are individuals who are still vulnerable to abuses because of power hungry people who encourage acts of lawlessnes for political gain.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Should we remember 911?

Yes, I think it still concern us, as the threat of Islamic Extremism and Terrorism are still real and present.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can you remember or forget about something that never happened to you?

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ourmanuel

Because slavery(American slavery) happened over a century ago and was present in a lot of other global tribes.

9/11 just happened about 2 decades ago so it’s still fresh in our minds

I don’t actually think we should forget about slavery because it’s an important part of american history. I just don’t want anyone to use slavery as a platform for demanding “reparations” or whatever.

Though it is obvious that slavery has a serious effect(ie blacks being disadvantaged in America) on our lives today but luckily things like affirmative action exist as a way of helping out those minorities.

Damkac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Damkac

Slavery don't exist anyomer at least in the western world, terrorism still exist.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to recall some Republicans saying how good blacks had it back then when they were slaves. So i guess they want to remember as long as its one of they're "alternative facts".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgzod:

Pretty sure they weren't talking about 150 years ago. They make those statements about the 1960's and 1970's due to the fact that black families did better in terms of strong stable family units and not having an epidemic of fatherless home's.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Wrong.

"a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two parent household than was an African American baby born after the election of the USA's first African American president" -- Republicans Pat Buchanan and Rick Santorum

"Thank God for slavery, because if not, the blacks who are here would have been stuck in Africa" -- Republican Rev. Jesse Peterson.

"America has been the best country on Earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known" -- Republican Pat Buchanan, again

and there are many more examples. Oddly enough while telling us all about how great it was that blacks were slaves they can't agree on whether blacks have it good now or terrible. I guess it just depends what narrative theyre trying to sell you.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: "The negroes on a well-ordered estate, under kind masters, were probably a happier class of people than the laborers upon any estate in Europe" - Republican Art Robinson

yes negroes should be very grateful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgzod said:

"a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two parent household than was an African American baby born after the election of the USA's first African American president" -- Republicans Pat Buchanan and Rick Santorum

Sadly all of that may actually be true.

"Thank God for slavery, because if not, the blacks who are here would have been stuck in Africa" -- Republican Rev. Jesse Peterson.

Also technically true.

"America has been the best country on Earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known" -- Republican Pat Buchanan, again

Also true.

and there are many more examples. Oddly enough while telling us all about how great it was that blacks were slaves they can't agree on whether blacks have it good now or terrible. I guess it just depends what narrative theyre trying to sell you.

You may not like it but all of that is mostly.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By cyborgzod

"If slavery was so God-awful, why didn't Jesus or Paul condem it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn't there a war before 1861?" - Republican Loy Mauch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: "The negroes on a well-ordered estate, under kind masters, were probably a happier class of people than the laborers upon any estate in Europe" - Republican Art Robinson

yes negroes should be very grateful

Do you really care about Art Robinson's opinion about life before the 1860's?

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgzod said:

"If slavery was so God-awful, why didn't Jesus or Paul condem it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn't there a war before 1861?" - Republican Loy Mauch

New testament 1st corinthians: 7

20Each one should remain in the situation he was in when he was called.21Were you a slave when you were called? Do not let it concern you, but if you can gain your freedom, take the opportunity.22For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord’s freedman. Conversely, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Also slavery was just a fact of life during the Roman empire in which Paul lived. It's the history of the entire world really)

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Should we forget slavery that happened along time ago and none of which concern us today?

People who are using it to justify some kind of victimhood are only using it for poilitical gain.

Same could be said of the Holocaust, but you don't see that going anywhere.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never heard this in my life. Want to say that this is a bait thread.

I think what people mean when they say this, if they actually said it at all (which I highly doubt), is not to forget slavery, as it should never be forgotten, but the ongoing idea that people nowadays have any responsibility for it. Attempts to make others feel guilty for something they had nothing to do with is becoming quite an issue. Remember slavery for the horrible thing that it was. Recognize it and learn about it, but don't be forced into feeling like you did anything wrong.

Remember them both. They were both extremely unfortunate and tragic happenings. Like I said though, I've never heard of anything like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b19c56d708
deactivated-5c0b19c56d708

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome said:

Yes we shouldn't waste our time focusing on it when it doesn't apply to us anymore,

its time to move on specially when there are already insitutitonalized law and protection against those.

Should we forget slavery cause about by modern geopolitical issues, like human trafficking, sex slavery, and child prostution associated with mass illegal migration?

No we shouldn't forget that thre are individuals who are still vulnerable to abuses because of power hungry people who encourage acts of lawlessnes for political gain.

Should we remember 911?

Yes, I think it still concern us, as the threat of Islamic Extremism and Terrorism are still real and present.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Yes I read the conversation most of that wasnt true. It was great for black people being slaves, that is some of the most racist shit I've ever heard. Most slaves didnt even live in houses and were so what kind of 2 parent households would they live in. And Christian salvation the ignorance that come from peoples mouth is astounding

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we should forget slavery I dont wanna hear shit about 9/11 or the holocaust.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Yes I read the conversation most of that wasnt true. It was great for black people being slaves, that is some of the most racist shit I've ever heard. Most slaves didnt even live in houses and were so what kind of 2 parent households would they live in. And Christian salvation the ignorance that come from peoples mouth is astounding

I posted fact's supporting my argument. Facts are everything.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: what facts all you said was that is mostly true which it wasnt just things racist republicans say who would probably jump at the chance for slavery to be back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New testament 1st corinthians: 7

20Each one should remain in the situation he was in when he was called.21Were you a slave when you were called? Do not let it concern you, but if you can gain your freedom, take the opportunity.22For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord’s freedman. Conversely, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Also slavery was just a fact of life during the Roman empire in which Paul lived. It's the history of the entire world really)

No Caption Provided

@jagernutt: what facts all you said was that is mostly true which it wasnt just things racist republicans say who would probably jump at the chance for slavery to be back.

All of this is directly what we were discussing.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Thats not what I was discussing. I didn't question whether or not jesus said anything against slavery because I dont read the bible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Thats not what I was discussing. I didn't question whether or not jesus said anything against slavery because I dont read the bible.

Then I don't know what what your talking about. I wasn't apart of no other conversation.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt:

@cyborgzod said:

Sadly all of that may actually be true.

Also technically true.

Also true.

You may not like it but all of that is mostly.

this is what i was talking about

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weatherwitch21:

If there is anything specifically incorrect about any of the information posted by cyborgzod@ then prove it. I'm not interested in pointless arguing.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: what he said wasn't incorrect you agreeing with said incorrect statements the republicans made is whats wrong unless you werent agreeing with their statements.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weatherwitch21:

@weatherwitch21 said:

@jagernutt: what he said wasn't incorrect you agreeing with said incorrect statements the republicans made is whats wrong unless you werent agreeing with their statements.

Prove it. I've 0 interest in talking in circles.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Nothing they said is even factual just racist rhetoric. It's already well known facts of the beating and the rapes the horrible livingconditions. You dont have to do anything I'm just astounded by the ignorance from these people and anyone that agrees with this or thinks it's true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weatherwitch21:

I've already told you I'm not interested in pointless arguing. Stop tagging me.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would anyone forget something that's still going on today in other countries?